PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ways to get a second body to control

EldritchWeaver
2016-06-15, 11:03 AM
I have a demigod in my campaign who will be interacting with my party shortly. I've been thinking about having him to be more involved with the party doings, so I want to include an agent of his into the party (which solves also neatly the problem that I have one PC too few in the party). But the exact implementation of this eludes me so far, as I can't have the demigod himself to hide as a party member, as he still needs to control his organization. So this means he needs a second body to represent his will in the party. The possibilities range from a free-willed agent, a mind-controlled agent, a mind-wiped agent (now a copy of the demigod's mind resides in the brain), a chosen one (gets some extra powers, possibly a direct channel to talk with the demigod), an avatar, a clone of the demigod, ...

The free-willed agent might be the easiest way, as this doesn't require any further effort, but that seems to waste an opportunity here. So I'm looking for is any mean to achieve one of the ways I've thought of (or even one I couldn't think of) via artifacts, spells, powers, etc., so I can actually choose the method I'm going forward with. I need the options to be permanent or instantaneous, possibly have a reach over planes (where an active link exists) and need to ensure that the demigod is capable to do his normal job. Dominate Person/Monster and Clone fail these tests. So do you have any ideas which might work for my scenario?

avr
2016-06-15, 06:02 PM
Telepathic bond solves the link problem (albeit only on the same plane), Simulacrum the body.

EldritchWeaver
2016-06-16, 03:51 PM
Telepathic bond solves the link problem (albeit only on the same plane), Simulacrum the body.

Great ideas! The disadvantages I can circumvent via using custom stuff, as the GM I can make some house rules. I already had some in mind for the demigod, so it isn't a big stretch anyway.

Ualaa
2016-06-16, 03:57 PM
In previous editions, deities or demonlords, had the equivalent of an avatar which was lower level then their full form.

The reduction in level and power, allowed them to serve as the antagonist for the party.
And to be fought near the end of the campaign/adventure, with the party having a chance at victory.

You could do something similar.

EldritchWeaver
2016-06-16, 04:30 PM
In previous editions, deities or demonlords, had the equivalent of an avatar which was lower level then their full form.

The reduction in level and power, allowed them to serve as the antagonist for the party.
And to be fought near the end of the campaign/adventure, with the party having a chance at victory.

You could do something similar.

Are there any updated rules for that? As I remember those rules for gods were quite wonky so I'm loathe to use those. Especially, as they might not be applicable to a demigod. Not to mention, I forgot where I stashed that particular book anyway.:smalltongue: