PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Let's build Jaqen H'gar in D&D 3.5

runnice
2016-06-15, 05:36 PM
How can be possible Jaqen H'gar in D&D 3.5. Let's build the class and equipaments!

Kisses

Nadja (runnice)

edwin1993
2016-06-15, 05:52 PM
Master of many forms

Troacctid
2016-06-15, 06:06 PM
A man is a Rogue/Assassin.

(A man only pretends to be an alchemist.)

Flickerdart
2016-06-15, 06:12 PM
Master of many forms

The Faceless Men cannot take on the forms of beasts, nor do they gain the skills of those whose faces they take.

A man is a Rogue/Assassin.

(A man only pretends to be an alchemist.)
I don't think assassin is appropriate - a man is neither a red priest nor a warlock, to meddle with magics. The faces seem to be magic items, so normal rogue should work fine. With a level of SA fighter, perhaps, given the Faceless Men's skill with many weapons.

Gildedragon
2016-06-15, 06:29 PM
Changeling Rogue / Assassin or Avenger (nonevil assassin)

Alternatively just straight up human Rogue/Assassin using the alter self spell to change their form.
Spells known:
1) detect poison, sniper shot, silent portal, true strike
2) alter self, marked object, wraithstrike, getaway

Equipment: tons of poison

There is also a false identity magic item. From eberron iirc. Have it cost lowered by being specific to faceless man class and kn religion ranks

runnice
2016-06-15, 07:01 PM
Changeling Rogue / Assassin or Avenger (nonevil assassin)

Alternatively just straight up human Rogue/Assassin using the alter self spell to change their form.
Spells known:
1) detect poison, sniper shot, silent portal, true strike
2) alter self, marked object, wraithstrike, getaway

Equipment: tons of poison

There is also a false identity magic item. From eberron iirc. Have it cost lowered by being specific to faceless man class and kn religion ranks

So... disguise skills? so many points or not?

Gildedragon
2016-06-15, 07:09 PM
So... disguise skills? so many points or not?

Disguise, Hide, Sleight of Hand, and Move Silently are maxed; Tumble, Perform (Acting) and Bluff all high ish; ditto for Craft (Alchemy) or Craft (Poisonmaking)

Waker
2016-06-15, 07:43 PM
Changeling Rogue is a good place to start. I'd say Spymaster is probably a good fit for that super disguisey goodness. Maybe splash in a little Chameleon for a random sampling of special abilities to help really nail that cover identity.

Crake
2016-06-15, 09:09 PM
I think it's clear he's got a level in binder allowing him to bind naberious (who is fluff-wise the faceless god or something) allowing him to disguise self at will (change faces), heal ability damage absurdly fast (seemingly be immune to the poison in the water), and have a silver as **** tongue, allowing him to go where he pleases.

Flickerdart
2016-06-15, 09:10 PM
I think it's clear he's got a level in binder allowing him to bind naberious (who is fluff-wise the faceless god or something) allowing him to disguise self at will (change faces), heal ability damage absurdly fast (seemingly be immune to the poison in the water), and have a silver as **** tongue, allowing him to go where he pleases.

Can you get those abilities off Bind Vestige, or do you actually need to take the level?

Crake
2016-06-15, 09:12 PM
Can you get those abilities off Bind Vestige, or do you actually need to take the level?

The two feats only give you silver tongue and naberious' skills (something I forgot about, but would be quite useful for pretending to be say, a craftsman, or a sailor, or a merchant), so you'd need to take at least 1 level, though I'd imagine 2 would be better, to be able to hide the sign (Your voice deepens and acquires a gravelly, growling tone).

Tvtyrant
2016-06-15, 09:14 PM
He is pretty clearly a Factotum7/kubg fu genius or carmadine monk 3/thrall of jubilex 4. He uses the factotum for sneak attack and invisibility, gets int to damage, naturally secrets poison and can shift into anyone at will.

daremetoidareyo
2016-06-15, 09:33 PM
no chamelion or master of masks?

Troacctid
2016-06-15, 09:42 PM
A man is a human rogue with the Mimic and Feign Death variants. This is known.

Braininthejar2
2016-06-16, 01:42 AM
It seems that while specific faces could be taken from the wall, well trained faceless had remote access.

Perhaps you can just make it rogue > whatever prestige class fits the given character, and make the Hall of Faces into a touchstone location?

schreier
2016-06-16, 08:05 AM
This may be cheating, but ...

http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/evil/facelessone.shtml

Dragon 300

Diovid
2016-06-16, 08:40 AM
I'd argue for changeling rogue / master of masks. Something like chameleon or assassin seems too magical to me.

Edit: Doesn't the Spymaster (or one of the other Spy prcs) allow you to study an identity and then use it?

Double Edit: Both Spymaster and Zhentarim Spy get that ability.

Gildedragon
2016-06-16, 09:06 AM
The faces in the house of black and white are Masks of the Misplaced Aura (SCoT) that have a continuous Alter Self effect to a particular persona. They are cost reduced so as to need special training (ranks in various skills, levels in a class...)