PDA

View Full Version : Best Auto-Fill Character Sheet similar to android character sheet app?

kellyda4
2016-06-15, 09:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm loving the "Fifth Edition Character Sheet" application for my Android Phone however I'm trying to find one that's as good for the computer. Ideally it will include unearthed arcana, scag, and other newer content that the phone app is missing as well as the current character i'm playing is the college of satire (unearthed arcana content).

Is anyone aware of any good character sheets in fillable PDF or other versions that fill in my class features, etc, based on what class I choose, etc, similar to the phone application I mentioned?

R.Shackleford
2016-06-15, 09:58 PM
What you are asking for... Might not be exactly legal.

The only legal things you can put into a character builder like that would be from the 5e srd.

pwykersotz
2016-06-15, 10:31 PM
I like these. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1180)

kellyda4
2016-06-15, 10:45 PM
Oh i'm sorry, I didn't even think about legality of the tool; of course I'm willing to pay for anything that is sanctioned that fits my needs.

Sir cryosin
2016-06-16, 07:40 AM
I to my characters on my phone and I use a app called squire it in my opinion it's the best character sheet app out there it don't have any other then phb but you can add stuff in there.

R.Shackleford
2016-06-16, 08:21 AM
Oh i'm sorry, I didn't even think about legality of the tool; of course I'm willing to pay for anything that is sanctioned that fits my needs.

From what I gather, the only information legally allowed to be shared is the PHB stuff. Just cause you pay for it doesn't make it legal.

You would need to buy the books and then add it yourself.

Not that I care all that much as I don't think the extra books thus far are worth paying for.

Note: I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure if it is an actual issue WotC would care about. But I think linking to illegal stuff or searching for it is frowned upon in this site.

#shrug

Shining Wrath
2016-06-16, 08:55 AM
The More Purple More Better auto-fill sheet is pretty good.

kellyda4
2016-06-16, 10:26 AM
Is there perhaps something created by Wizards of the Coast that they have that is licensed? I would imagine this would be profitable for them. I have purchased the PHB and all subsequent guidebooks.

R.Shackleford
2016-06-16, 10:41 AM
Is there perhaps something created by Wizards of the Coast that they have that is licensed? I would imagine this would be profitable for them. I have purchased the PHB and all subsequent guidebooks.

WotC doesn't do to well with technology. 4E originally had a character builder (like in video ganes) planned for launch... We never got it haha.

MarkTriumphant
2016-06-17, 07:31 AM
WotC doesn't do to well with technology. 4E originally had a character builder (like in video ganes) planned for launch... We never got it haha.

I used two different WOTC-created 4e Character Builders. The stand-alone one was not bad, but the web-based one that they replaced it with was appalling.

R.Shackleford
2016-06-17, 08:55 AM
I used two different WOTC-created 4e Character Builders. The stand-alone one was not bad, but the web-based one that they replaced it with was appalling.

Those were what we got but what was planned was so much bigger.

Those were a participation award for not making it into the playoffs compared to the Stanley Cup.

They had planned, and advertised, a full scale videogame type character builder where you can actually customize the look of your character. Like you would see in WoW, Final Fantasy XIV, etc... They also advertised and promised a virtual tabletop to go along with the game.

Hasbro kinda had a hand in stopping that due to the restructuring of D&D into the board games category instead of leaving it as it's own thing. Not sure who thought D&D was a board game but whatever.

Essentially 4e originally was going to be supported out the wazoo, hell, even Paizo was going to go full 4e support and was singing praises of the game until the GSL (or whatever it's called) came out and Paizo realized it couldn't work under that license. They switched their time real fast when money wasn't to be found :p (i don't blame them for not supporting 4e, but to turn around and say it isn't for the money is disingenuous).

The character builder we got, the offline one and the browser based one, is nothing compared to what they were planning and what they were advertising. It isn't really WotC fault that it got delayed as Hasbro did some stupid stuff... But the fact that it never came out is WotC fault.

There was even supposed to be an online community where you could play with other people... Something like Roll20.net.

All of these ideas would still be great for 5e... Even the roll20 type website.