PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Curse of Strahd - I'm so lost! Spoilers!

Alerad
2016-06-16, 12:41 AM
Spoilers ahead!

So I got the book recently and have been reading through some of the chapters, but not all (mostly Barovia, Vallaki, the Bonegrinder, a little bit of the Wizard of Wines and the drowned village). I'm a little lost with some references.

We are currently in the Death House basement and I expect the PCs to get out within the next session.

1) Should I read all chapters in the order they are presented? Will this help resolve missing references?

2) Does Ireena know she's adopted? Chapter 3 mentions it twice, I just have the feeling I've seen somewhere else that she didn't know. I managed to find out her brother is Izek.

3) How do the characters get the invitation to the castle? Should I just have Strahd drop by in his black carriage as they exit the house as one article suggested or is there an official reference somewhere?

4) Where is the 3rd crystal from Wines farm? (Creeping Hut, Druids and ???)

5) Any good articles on the subject you know? I'm looking for something with more references than general advice.

6) At this point I'm changing some item locations so that the Castle comes last. Baba Lysaga will be riding the dragon head, anything else I can get out and place elsewhere?