PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Easy for newcomers character sheet

Fruitbat1919
2016-06-16, 06:24 AM
Still in the process of getting ready for running 5th ed

I usually design my own character sheets for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ed games.

I have little experience with 5th though, apart from still reading the books and running some practice scenarios.

Any advice you could give me on the simplistic design of a sheet for 5th, or a real good sheet available already.

I want it to be a one sheet only design and really really basic, as the whole group will be all new to role playing games.

The average age of the group will be over 40, so clear readability is paramount.

I believe the less stats on the sheet the better, as long as the essentials are at hand.

Thanks for any advice. I know I will get there eventually, but any help to speed up the process would be gratefully accepted.

Millstone85
2016-06-16, 06:38 AM
Personally, I find skills much easier to understand when they are organized by ability.
Too bad the alternative sheet on WotC has a bug, but thankfully someone fixed it (http://www.mediafire.com/download/6nqjtfcvbjcg2f8/Character+Sheet+-+Alternative+-+Form+Fillable.pdf).

TheFlyingCleric
2016-06-16, 06:47 AM
Trying to keep it to one sheet is nice, but I'd advise you to reconsider in the case of spells/spells known. You won't be able to fit that on the single page and keep it readable, so its better if you put it on a separate page. The WotC character sheet for spells will serve your purposes well.

Fruitbat1919
2016-06-16, 06:58 AM
Thanks to both of you. I like the new sheet and probably will rethink having a spell sheet as well.

I think I will use these and just colour code some sections, so it's easy to direct the players to them.

Thanks again🙂

RickAllison
2016-06-16, 11:09 AM
The easiest one I've seen is ForgedAnvil. Has information from all the books including the spells (in simplified form) and it is in Excel format so just about everyone can use it.