PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Prestige Class with Higher Skill Points/level

Allstar
2016-06-16, 09:36 AM
I'm looking for a Cleric Prestige class (or class with +1 existing) with higher skill points per level. So far I've got 8 levels of 'standard' cleric, (and wish I could've taken cloistered).
I'd like to switch to a Divine PrC with a higher number of skill points per level but not lose on the divine spellcasting, ideally not at all but a level or two is okay.
I've looked but I don't have a complete set of books, best I've got is Church Inquisitor (just 4 points/level) hoping there is a 6 pointer per level.
Suggestions?

ExLibrisMortis
2016-06-16, 10:03 AM
A resource. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10556)

Shadowbane Stalker (6/level), Holt Warden (4/level), Paragnostic Apostle (4/level), Church Inquisitor (4/level), Shadowcraft Mage (4/level), Spelldancer (4/level), Ruby Knight Vindicator (4/level).

Sapphire Hierarch can work, if you're willing to explore Incarnum for your skills needs.

Red Fel
2016-06-16, 10:19 AM
Here are the results of my search:
Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Adventurer): 8/10 casting, 6+Int.
Squire of Legend (Complete Champion): 2/3 casting, 6+Int.
Seeker of the Misty Isle (Complete Divine): 8/10 casting, 6+Int.
Fortune's Friend (Complete Scoundrel): 2/5 casting, 6+Int.
Scar Enforcer (Races of Destiny): 5/10 casting, 6+Int.
Divine Prankster (Races of Stone): 10/10 casting, 6+Int.
Harper Agent (Player's Guide to Faerun): 4/5 casting, 6+Int.
Ardent Dilettante (Planar Handbook): 9/10 casting, 6+Int.
Source (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10556).

nedz
2016-06-16, 02:35 PM
Seeker of the Misty Isle is actually 8/9 casting (or 4/4) since there is little point in taking the capstone. You do have to be an elf though (well half an elf anyway).

Also you can use Ruather for 3/3 casting and 6+ Skill points. You just have to like elves for this one.

Telonius
2016-06-16, 02:58 PM
If the character is human, Human Paragon gives you 2/3 spellcasting. Only 4+Int skills, but the really nice draw is that you can choose your class skills. Adaptive Learning makes one of the skills stick with you for the rest of your career. (If you took Able Learner at first level, that's kind of irrelevant, but it's nice if you're coming into it a little bit later).

Troacctid
2016-06-16, 03:09 PM
Here are the results of my search:
Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Adventurer): 8/10 casting, 6+Int.
Squire of Legend (Complete Champion): 2/3 casting, 6+Int.
Seeker of the Misty Isle (Complete Divine): 8/10 casting, 6+Int.
Fortune's Friend (Complete Scoundrel): 2/5 casting, 6+Int.
Scar Enforcer (Races of Destiny): 5/10 casting, 6+Int.
Divine Prankster (Races of Stone): 10/10 casting, 6+Int.
Harper Agent (Player's Guide to Faerun): 4/5 casting, 6+Int.
Ardent Dilettante (Planar Handbook): 9/10 casting, 6+Int.
Source (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10556).
This is not quite complete. Halfling Whistler is missing, for example.

Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geywITbI4M-Up08SGD-rUHlnobR66aIgKqu7mILkmhU) is the most complete list I've found. Turn on the divine skill monkey filter view to see all divine spellcasting classes with 6+ skill points per level.

Thurbane
2016-06-16, 11:05 PM
Also you can use Ruather for 3/3 casting and 6+ Skill points. You just have to like elves for this one.

Ruathar is pretty great for this sort of thing. There's no feat or skill tax on the entry reqs; any full prepared caster can enter at 6th, and anyone at all at 7th. It's features are pretty lackluster, but it's good for skills and you get a free martial weapon proficiency.

I'm pretty sure it's only 4 skill points/level though, not 6...

nedz
2016-06-17, 01:26 PM
Ruathar is pretty great for this sort of thing. There's no feat or skill tax on the entry reqs; any full prepared caster can enter at 6th, and anyone at all at 7th. It's features are pretty lackluster, but it's good for skills and you get a free martial weapon proficiency.

I'm pretty sure it's only 4 skill points/level though, not 6...

Hmm, you're right.