PDA

View Full Version : Showdown at Lugenheim IC

AlanBruce
2016-06-16, 03:41 PM
@The Party: With everyone back in the best possible shape, you emerge from a frozen watery portal to a vast icy Sanctum that crumbles as pieces of the building thirty feet above crash on the portal you just came in, leaving you effectively trapped inside as Anzaril walks forward undeterred.

"Here is where Johann, Jacob, Raine and I last fought Iki before she vanished... but I cannot find Adalyse anywhere.""

And so it is true- the Haunting has disappeared, probably used some spell of her to find you around an already vanishing House of Lies.

It's a ruined throne at the end of the Sanctum shaped like an icy dark red scythe that cracks all over and is flanked by a pair of frozen trees...

But there is nobody here.

The Fen Witch looks around and cries out:

"Song of Ruin! We came as promised! Where are you hiding?""

I am here, Lady Anzaril...

It's a tiny voice that can be heard from behind one of the trees as a monstrous nine foot tall beast smiles wickedly and makes his presence known:

http://orig10.deviantart.net/4bc1/f/2013/269/6/1/61ba20dd093bd6b33cfc61182f6c6ba8-d1npj7w.jpg

Know. Religion & The Planes to ID it

@Johann: What manner of monstrosity is that? You can see a tiny shape caught in its rib cage... Nistle Swansong!

Jacob aims his bow at the beast as this one laughs and addresses all of you in the Tongue of Man.

"I would put down that bow, archer! You wouldn't want to risk killing the fey inside, now would you?""

It's a well known laughter that echoes through the sanctum as a large blizzard carries fell ice and concentrates in front of the cracked throne, causing the Deceitful Winter to make manifest:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zFXQKcst0y0/U6OlFBunm3I/AAAAAAABHJE/lLv06gwULYY/s1600/yukionna.jpg

There is something different with her now...

For one, she's sixteen feet tall. This witch has used the Giant Size spell, one of the Wu Jen's best kept secrets.

"You have destroyed the pillars that hold my house together. In the process, you have managed to bring back Humbert and Aenar and managed to depose Vassago and my servants. This House will not remain in place for much longer...

Or will it?""

Iki Ryo looks at the beast that holds the tiny version of Nistle between his ribs and smiles.

"Kyōkotsu will keep burning up the Song's soul and in so doing, I shall rebuild Lugenheim. The Herald will reward me greatly for getting rid of that meddling Ruin Chanter.""

Anzaril points at the beast and shakes her head.

"You cannot lay a hand on him, Winterhaunt. By doing that, you break the Pact. You should know this.""

Iki Ryo laughs as her aura increases in size.

"But I did not break it! All I needed was to be a little... persuasive. The Song of Ruin spilled the beans about letting you and Johann and that abomination with you escape the Sanctum, so there is no foul on my behalf.""

The Deceitful Winter grips her black runestaff as a wicked ice blade juts out of it. Big enough to slice all of you.

"Any last words?"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176050)

AlanBruce
2016-06-16, 04:43 PM
@Dante: Even with everyone assembled, you know this may not be an easy fight.

Eveline certainly seems anxious- a lot more than usual for a Lumi.

That influx of divine energy must've given her a much needed adrenaline boost.

And Iki may be a giant, yes. But you can take on giants.

Hell, right now, you could take on an entire nation of them, so she isn't that impressive.

But then there is that monster, Kyōkotsu.

Known as the Gorger of Souls and Truth, Kyōkotsu is a vile undead not found in this reality, but best avoided if one were to travel the Ethereal and Astral Planes, where it makes its home.

Known by planar travelers and undead aficionados as the Devourer, these creatures have a constant desire to feed on the body and soul of a creature.

They can do this by simply touching them. Those of weak body are trapped in that rib cage and then is when a Devourer is really a threat.

For you see, these undead have the ability cast a plethora of arcane spells in an innate manner, but for them to work, they need to be fueled by a soul.

The more spells the Devourer casts with a trapped soul, the faster the soul is burnt for the Devourer to use its power... until there is no more soul to recover and the process begins anew with a different victim.

If a Devourer already has a soul inside- as is the case here- it is still dangerous in melee.

Its claws can sap the life out of you and leave you extremely weak, not unlike the cold fist of a Wight.

And if that weren't bad enough, those who would target a Devourer with spells while a Trapped essence is trapped in his rib cage, best watch out-

These undead are wily and cunning, they can redirect the spell so that it affects the soul instead.

Having the soul effectively a separate creature and the Devourer not from this reality, one could argue that classical demon banishing spells on the Devourer would leave the trapped soul behind... in theory.

The safer method, of course- and this is said lightly- is to bring the beast down before the soul is consumed.

Chimaera
2016-06-16, 04:47 PM
"Last words? How about... No?", Johann say and look to the Swansong caught in whatever creature that might be, "How about yours, Iki? Ready to meet your cruel god?"

He looks at her giant size and smile, "And by the way: with this ridiculous size of yours I can say that you're the biggest...", he was about to mock her, but look at Luna Raine and he coughs, "Biggest lie in Lugenheim".

Dudu
2016-06-16, 05:16 PM
"If you want any last words, you'll have to come here and make me spit them. The spells Arreale infused on us is beyond your little tricks! Your precious Windemere sees you as canon fodder, better start behaving like one."

Shouts Dante, while questioning himself how wise it is to piss off such powerful entity.

He gives a quick look at Johann and nods, those two made a secret tactical move they didn't feel the need to tell the rest.
When he looks at Eveline all he sees is resolution. She doesn't bother chatting with Iki, she will make her pay, and that's it.

He gives a glance at the cruel beast in the corner

"Beware that creature, it's a Devourer. Whatever being is inside there is being sucked dry of his soul. And it's using it's soul to fuel his power against us, so I think the Devourer is our priority for now. Don't use magic to defeat it, or the Devourer may redirect it to the victim! Rather, let's use weapons and strike it fast."

When he says that, he can't help but look at Zephyr and Luke. And Eveline as well, who knows how hard she hits now that she is in that form?

He picks his wand of benign transposition, the hell he is planning?

Kevinho
2016-06-16, 11:15 PM
Luke's feeling alive again, literally, and it's good to be fighting with his brother!

"Don't use magic to defeat it, or the Devourer may redirect it to the victim! Rather, let's use weapons and strike it fast."

"Well, I guess that on is mine!" feeling adrenaline all over his body, Luke wields his gigantic hammer and prepare to fight the Devourer.

"Humm, I guess I shouldn't use spells on my hammer, that could end up badly and it would make me look bad in front of my brother. The best to do is to give straight hits until the Devourer is down. Sounds like a plan? Yeah, sounds like a plan!" he thinks to himself the plan to fight this battle.

"Iki, you should know by now that you're going down! You could ease things for us and just drop dead. No? That's what I thought. Prepare to be taken down!" Now more than ever Luke feels this battle will end soon and that he and his allies are going to end Iki.

Spells spent:
Level 0: [0/6]
Level 1: [3/9]
Level 2: [1/8]
Level 3: [4/6]

====
HP 218/118 [life above maxium is temporary hp]
+6 MORALE BONUS TO ATTACK AND DAMAGE
NEXT SPELL MAXIMIZED, EMPOWERED AND CONSECRATED
FASTHEALING 10
PROTECTION FROM EVIL

AlanBruce
2016-06-16, 11:45 PM
@Johann: Iki Ryo looks down at you from her gigantic height and laughs as Kyōkotsu joins in and Nistle, trapped in his rib cage, attempts to break free, but to no avail.

"No? Those are your last words, Johann? Petulant little mortal. In the end, all your efforts have bene for naught!

And it is you and those with you who will be meeting your maker soon enough... that, I can guarantee.""

@Dante: Eveline's wings recede and extend every few seconds.

She is ready to take on this witch... and bring her down for good.

"Arrallae... that dying deity? She prays for naught, Jasidan! The Herald's power is beyond anything this world has seen! Young races and their petty ideals and beliefs- it is time you realized the folly of going against me!""

Jacob looks at the Devourer and directs his bow at the undead.

"So that's how she maintains her power?""

Anzaril looks at the tiny Song caught in the undead's rib cage.

"She's getting desperate- you heard the man: focus fire on the undead. Iki should go down easy after that.""

@The Party: Iki Ryo's aura begins to increase as portions of Lugenheim collapse around her and freeze as they reach the ground.

Raine spreads her wings and bares claws.

"I am not going down to a second rate frost witch like you!""

Anzaril chuckles and her hands begin to glow with green arcane energy.

"You are severly outclassed, Iki Ryo. You are going down with Lugenheim for good.""

Jacob keeps his arrows pointed at Kyōkotsu.

"We work as a team- let's bring this monster down. Hard and fast!""

Humbert swings Fenvarel a few times and then grips it with both hands.

"I will make you pay for what you did to Draegi, you fiend- your wickedness end here and now!""

Aenar places his hand on his chest and reaches for his holy symbol.

"Pelor, I apologize for not reaching your Blessed isle at this time...

Filth at this moment requires my attention."

Iki looks at all of you and grips her own staff, which ends in a wicked scythe and her left eye glows with malevolent icy splendor.

"Last time, you had that insignificant Haunting to protect you. She is mine now. And very soon, so will all of you! Behold the power of the Herald's finest!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxJATHNfXg)

You were divided in this House of Lies for who knows how long.

Many good people were slain... and brought back.

Now it is all of you against the Deceitful Winter, who has held you prisoner in Lugenheim.

But what she fails to realize is...

This grave has her name on it!

Round 1

@Humbert, Anzaril, Dante & Luke: Iki descends from the stairs as the very ground freezes and immediately both are caught in a horrendous chill!

This is just like the Icegaunt...

13 piercing cold damage. Fortitude DC 27 negates.

Creatures damaged by the spell shiver uncontrollably, taking a –2 penalty to their Strength and Dexterity and moving at half speed for as long as they remain within the area; these penalties do not stack with consecutive rounds of damage or additional corona of cold spells.

Humbert and Anzaril, both who would normally scoff at this cold, have been clearly affected.

At the same time, a malevolent freeze burn grips on all four, as your bodies become numb.

21 piercing cold damage

Iki Ryo laughs as she raises the massive ice scythe above her head.

"I am so compassionate, I will send you to see your beloved Draegi, Humbert!""

The aasimar paladin takes the massive scythe right across his chest.

Not a cold wound, but a wicked one, as black ice fire courses through the blade.

Humbert doesn't even flinch as he holds on to Fenvarel and looks up at the Deceitful Winter.

"You've gone soft! I did not come here to die again... not at the hands of one such as yourself!"

Iki looks down at Humbert and then at Kyōkotsu as this one begins to burn with black fire and the tiny Song of Sorrow inside wails in agony.

"Do it now.... bring him forth!""

And so, in mere seconds, unholy sigils form around Eveline and a gaunt sinister creature comes into existence:

https://saveversus.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/babau.jpg

Know. The Planes

@Eveline: Immediately, the creature strikes at your vital spots, attempting to find a chink in your armor.

6 damage plus 9 SA

8 damage plus 8 SA

5 damage plus 8 SA.

A reminder, in case Eveline has a buff regarding this:

A babau’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

@Dante: This was not a summon or an illusion.

That Devourer brought and bound this demon immediately!

@The Party: Jacob looks at the three enemies and then at Humbert, who has taken quite a beating, but is still on his feet.

At that moment, a brilliant golden aura shines around him as Iki, the Devourer and even the demon shy away as the brilliance grows brighter and brighter, connecting all of you in a chain of Camaraderie and Hope.

At the moment, Jacob's bow turns into raw golden energy as he looks at all of you.

"Do not fear her! You will not fall... that is a promise!''

Everyone ally has the effects of a Shield Other, with Jacob taking half of the damage any of you take

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176070)

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter, Kyōkotsu & Babau
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Dudu
2016-06-17, 01:04 AM
"A Babau, a demon. Beware, that one is sneaky! Also, he has a slime that might corrode your weapons, so let the ranged attackers deal with this one. Eveline, ignore him, he might destroy your morning star, strike the Devourer who is sucking the poor creature! But aproach carefully, the Devourer reaches"

"I see... clever, they wanted to bait me into attacking this poor excuse of a demon so my weapon goes to waste. This undead is devious. One more reason to crush him."
Eveline has a calmness in the voice that doesn't really mirror the excitement the whole situation demands from the other, more humanlike party members.

"One more thing, folks. The Babau is resistant to weapons, unless they are good aligned or are made of cold iron. He is straight out immune to electricity and poison. And he wasn't summoned, which means he can summon as well!"

Then he pauses briefly, before letting Eve charge.

"Hold. I had an idea. Wait for my signal."

Dante grabs his sword and... goes straight to the Devourer.

"You are our target, soul eater. You are the one going down!"

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176073)

Dante goes to Devourer and strikes him.
[roll0] dmg [roll1]

Eve - waiting Dante outcome to post

Dante: HP 169/103
AC: 31/11/30
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 9/3/20
Fast Healing 10
Protection from Evil (he gets +2 to AC and saves vs evil)
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+11
-2 Str and Dex

Eveline: HP 166/110
AC: 22/12/22
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 27/13/24
Fast Healing 10
Atk +30 dmg 1d8+13 (+2d6 vs Evil)

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 01:33 AM
@Dante: You warn the entire group that the enemy called forth is a babau, a sneaky demon and best fought with cold iron or blessed weapons.

And to be wary of them as well- he might melt them.

And having said that, you exchange looks with Eveline and rush Kyōkotsu , as Iki Ryo sees her chance and nearly cleaves you in half.

"Where do you think you are headed, Jasidan?""

28 damage

It hurst, but not as much...

You have to give Eve an opening!

Kyōkotsu stands his ground and laughs as his claw, surrounded by black energy, saps most of your life away, while making him stronger.

"He is headed to his doom, Mistress Iki. A fool with a death wish.""

17 damage plus 1 negative level

Reminder on:

Negative Levels

An affected opponent takes a –1 penalty on all skill checks and ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws, and loses 5 hit points and one effective level or Hit Die (whenever level is used in a die roll or calculation) for each negative level.

A spellcaster loses one spell slot of the highest level of spells she can cast and (if applicable) one prepared spell of that level. If she has more than one spell at her highest level, she chooses which she loses.

But neither Winterhaunt or Devourer can stop you as the Crimson Guillotine digs deep into the beast... but it isn't enough to drop him.

And Jacob coughing some blood as you share the pain... this better be worth it.

@The Party: It's a massive blast of raw arcane power unleashed by Anzaril that pummels Iki's face as Humbert swings Fenvarel and cuts the Deceitful Winter's shins.

"STOP IT! You idiots have no idea what I can do...""

Anzaril blows the smoke from her hand and smiles as she looks up at Iki's bruised face.

"I am getting an idea...""

Humbert readies Fenvarel again and looks at the icy purple blood flowing down her kimono.

"You did not expect to keep us down here, did you, witch? Time to answer for your sins!""

Aenar is not one to be left behind as he rushes towards the demon and brings the great sword upon his shoulder, lifting it off his slimy hide before it can become corroded.

"I am not only here to heal, you know..."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176074)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Dudu
2016-06-17, 01:45 AM
The fiends were eager to strike Dante. Nothing like seeing a cleric falls on his own pool of blood, it seems.
This, though, was not merely a fool's charge.

"EVERYONE, STRIKE THE DEVOURER NOW!"

Eve is the first. She flies behind the Devourer, and starts striking.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176075)

"You shall meet the wrath of the righteous, disgusting beast!"

She flies to the other side of the Devourer and strike with all her might.

She moves behind the Devourer, flanking with Dante.
atk [roll0] dmg [roll1] + [roll2] holy damage
Dante: HP 164/98
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 8/2/19
Fast Healing 10
Atk +14 dmg 2d8+11
-2 Str and Dex
1 negative level

Eveline: HP 196/110
Fast Healing 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 02:02 AM
@Dante: It hurts, yes...

But you need to get rid of this monster.

And Eveline is more than grateful to accept your sacrifice as she spreads her wings and flies towards
Kyōkotsu, a chance the babau takes as he slashes at her ribs.

10 damage

Jacob grunts faintly as Eveline flies towards the Devourer and smacks him in the head, causing the vile undead to nearly lose his lower jaw from the impact.

@The Party: Luna is not one to wait idle as she spreads her wings and gives a war cry as she bum rushes Kyōkotsu, clawing his hideous face with such strength that gouts of black blood ooze from the three wounds.

Iki Ryo watches most of the team gang up on the Devourer and then her eyes set on the rest below.

"Get out of there, you idiot! Do not let yourself get surrounded!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176077)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-17, 04:10 AM
Zephyr knows better than to remain on the ground where Iki's retainers can get a hold of him. As the air simmers with imminent violence, he takes to the skies, climbing high and eastward, towards the trapped Song of Ruin.

"You look different today, Iki. Have you gained weight?"

He pulls back and sends his Raptor Arrow streaking through the sky at the Devourer, settling in for a difficult fight.

Zephyr flies to 25' high and attacks the Devourer. Arcanist favored enemy bonus included.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] (Raptor Arrow) + [roll3] (skirmish)

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176081)

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 04:25 AM
@Zephyr: Confident in your skills, you take to the skies, as high as your wings can take you and taunt Iki Ryo, commenting on her weight.

The Deceitful Winter's aura grows even more as her left eye glows with a malignant icy light.

"Zephyr... you just don't know when to quit, do you? I am going to make sure you stay down for good this time!""

Iki Ryo is most likely bluffing- you could take her, the undead and the demon all on your own...

You have the Raptor Arrow, which will never miss, no matter what.

Perhaps you don't even need the help of the others to single handedly take on all of these monsters, but a little help goes a long way.

Kyōkotsu roars as the arrow strikes him in the chest and the Devourer looks up at you, utter contempt in his eyes.

"This one needs to die, Mistress!""

Iki laughs, despite her undead being struck so many times.

"Behold: their last attempt at being heroic...hahhahahahahhaahaa!!!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176082)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Chimaera
2016-06-17, 06:08 AM
Johann look to his brother and send him a telepathic message "Try your best to not get killed, okay?".

He then cast a spell to make all allie who is close enough to become faster.

On all I can : cant see map and know some people probably moved away

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 06:27 AM
@Johann: You send a telepathic message to Luke, asking him to be safe.

And then, you look around at the battlefiueld.

It's chaos here.

Iki has become a giant and will eventually freeze everyone to death... if that scythe doesn't cut you down first.

Kyōkotsu is getting ganged up by Dante, Eveline, Luna and now Zephyr... that undead should be destroyed in no time.

But then there's that demon the undead summoned...

A lot of enemies and allies all scrambled up.

Might as well help as many as you can.

And with that idea in mind, you cause as many as you can to be imbued with a powerful and reliable transmutation.

Haste on Johann, Luke, Anzaril, Dietrich, Jacob and Humbert

And having said that, you move a few feet closer towards your brother as Iki, towering above you all, and smiles.

"The haste spell, Johann? Move faster. Hit harder. Become invincible? Pathetic. You are all spent in spells... that much is clear.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176086)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Ricedaddy
2016-06-17, 07:52 AM
As Dietrich is imbued with arcane speed, he surveys the battlefield.

The focus is definitely on the undead. If we bring him down first, perhaps we can get the trapped soul fighting for us. Then we can bring down Iki and deal with that devil. So many people already grouped in....Hmmm...wait, was that a spell he cast? Worth a shot.

Knowing the risks of having so many people swinging weapons in such a small area, he whistles a few short notes and the cold iron javelin comes to hand. It leaves his hand almost immediately, its goal to embed itself in the Devourer. He doesn't wait to see the results of the hit before he repositions himself to get closer to his chosen foe, aiming to keep Aenar between himself and the demon.

Attack with the +1 magebane javelin (cold iron)

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Magebane: +2 to attack, add [roll2] to damage if target can cast arcane spells or arcane SLAs.

Move action: Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176087) (at no point during this move was I within five feet of Babau)

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 07:49 PM
@Dietrich: It would seem that everyone is going after the Devourer.

And a good thing too- between all of you, taking down that monster should be relatively easy.

And a sound plan it seems, as your javelin flies straight into the beast's cranium, causing more of that black blood to spill on the frozen Sanctum of Lugenheim.

@Luke: You get ready to rush either Iki, the demon or the undead, confident that your martial and arcane prowess will be able to bring the beast down..

It is at that moment that the ring offered to you by your brother turns utterly black and cold, numbing your entire body and causing your massive hammer to drop on the ground.

Iki Ryo laughs wickedly as the ring pulsates with hidden power.

"You really believe I would not have one of those in custody of my icegaunts? The ring you hold in your hand, taken like a thief at market will grant you tremendous arcane power...

But not without a price to pay. You dared strike me with that hammer once... never again.""

Stunned of 2 rounds

Round 2

@Luke: Being so close to Iki Ryo has dire consequences as your entire body seeks to become numb with burning frost.

9 piercing cold damage. Fortitude DC 26 negates

Creatures damaged by the spell shiver uncontrollably, taking a –2 penalty to their Strength and Dexterity and moving at half speed for as long as they remain within the area; these penalties do not stack with consecutive rounds of damage or additional corona of cold spells.

Anzaril and Humbert have been able to stave off the effects, thankfully, but this isn't over as even more freezing influences seek to bring you down.

20 piercing cold damage

The pain is bad, but not terrible.

Not with Jacob sharing it... but can he take that much more?

@Dante: The babau demon turns its crimson eyes upon you and smiles as he opens his jaws and expels a green spectral breath that turns into acidic goo which attempts to melt, if not your body and armor, your divine and arcane protections.

Persisted Vigorous Circle
Protection from Evil

And having done that, he moves away, as fast as possible, giving Aenar a chance to strike heartily.

But Aenar, true as his strikes may be- and with the right alloy of a weapon- is not bringing the fiend down.

Not anytime soon.

@Zephyr: Iki Ryo rises from the ground, prompting Humbert to attempt to cut her, but to no avail, given her many protections as she flies a good distance off the ground, away from the hammers and blades and looks at you as her left eye begins to absorb a monstrous amount of freezing energy.

"I did tell you, raptoran: You will not use your arrows again!""

And having said that, its a monstrous freezing aura that seeks to numb your entire body and bring you crashing down, while burning your bones with malevolent ice.

25 piercing cold damage Fortitude DC 34 for half

Fortitude DC 34 or become paralyzed like Hold Monster.

If the save fails, the body drops and us unable to reduce the fall for 8 falling damage

Whether Zephyr drops on the ground or not...

@The Party: The Deceitful Winter blows a handful of blackened peas into the air as these dissolve and are washed away in your direction, forming thick billowing clouds that make sight and movement impossible.

Solid Fog- This spell functions like fog cloud, but in addition to obscuring sight, the solid fog is so thick that any creature attempting to move through it progresses at a speed of 5 feet, regardless of its normal speed, and it takes a -2 penalty on all melee attack and melee damage rolls. The vapors prevent effective ranged weapon attacks (except for magic rays and the like). A creature or object that falls into solid fog is slowed, so that each 10 feet of vapor that it passes through reduces falling damage by 1d6. A creature can’t take a 5-foot step while in solid fog.

You cannot even se each other, but you can hear the witch's voice from beyond:

Kill them now! They are at a disadvantage!

@Eveline: It's a brutal claw that nearly drops you! Thankfully, this udnead cannot break through your divine defenses and inflict real damage on your skin.

Your soul, however... that;s a different matter entirely.

30 damage plus 2 negative levels

13 damage plus 1 negative level

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176165)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Chimaera
2016-06-17, 08:10 PM
With the situation getting foggy, Johann draws a scroll from his infinite scrollcase and read it, as a roaring gust of wind begins to blow, slowly beginning to disperse the fog.

Gust of Wind

Dudu
2016-06-17, 08:39 PM
As soon as the witch casts Solid Fog, you can see Johann dispersing it with a violent wind
Handy guy, this Johann

"Eve. You know what we have to do."

Spell drained, Dante knows whatever it takes to put the Devourer down, no matter how low his chance of success, it's certainly better than doing nothing.

Dante Attack
atk [roll0] dmg [roll1]/miss chance 20% [roll2]

Eve Attacks
atk1 [roll3] dmg [roll4] + [roll5]/miss chance 20% [roll6]
atk2 [roll7] dmg [roll8] + [roll9]/miss chance 20% [roll10]

Fast Healing 10
Atk +14 dmg 2d8+11
-2 Str and Dex
1 Negative Level

Eveline: HP 158/95
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 24/10/21
Fast Healing 10
Atk +27/+22 dmg 1d8+13 (+2d6 vs Evil)
3 Negative Levels

AlanBruce
2016-06-17, 09:02 PM
@Dante & Eveline: The fog begins to disperse as an impressive hurricane like wind begins tow ash it away, despite the fog wanting to remain in place.

You may not yet be able to see this beast, but you can at least try to hit it.

And the roar of the Devourer indicates that Eveline has once again struck gold.

This enemy is easy to hit- bringing him down in a matter of seconds should be able to be done single handedly by Eveline even.

@Luke: Although you cannot move, and your hammer is on the ground a few feet away from you, you do watch Anzaril reappear in green light and a host of spectral frogs which hop at her feet as she brings along Humbert, who rushes to your side and readies Fenvarel as he looks at Iki.

"We aren't done here, witch!"

@Johann: You calmly open the scroll case and let out a tremendous gust of wind as your cloak nearly washes away and you can barely see Iki Ryo's gigantic frame beyond the fog.

Of course it had to be you, Johann! But look around- your forces are dispersed. Barely able to stand!

I am the clear winner here.

And at that moment, three arrows made of pure golden light fly from the fog and strike the Deceitful winter in the chest, as two others explode further down, causing the Devourer to roar in pain.

Those were Jacob's arrows. used against Decarabia back in Moruga.

You must've been struck blind earlier by Johann's display, Iki- we are not going down.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176170)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-18, 12:22 AM
Zephyr spirals to the ground, crashing down just before being blanketed in solid fog, his muscles locking up.

Ricedaddy
2016-06-18, 08:13 AM
Dietrich takes a few steps to where he last saw Kyokostu and spots his silhouette through the fog. He takes an aimed cut at the undead, the coursing fire on his katana hissing through the fog, leaving steam in its wake.

Move action: Move 1 square up

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] and [roll2] fire

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 06:12 PM
@Dietrich: Kyōkotsu roars in pain as flame and steel cut at his leathery hide, despite having an advantage in the fog...

but he isn't down yet.

Round 3

@The Party: Johann's spell has worked like a charm as the wind dissipates the fog, allowing all of you to see and move clearly.

@Johann, Luke, Jacob & Humbert: Iki Ryo looks down at the four of you and glides, always ten feet off the ground towards the whole lot of you, her freezing auras attempting to hurt you even more.

28 piercing cold damage. Fortitude DC 26 negates

Humbert is affected by the cold, but Jacob manages to stave it off... to little effect, since he shares the pain with the paladin and everyone allied to him in the Sanctum.

But that isn't the worse, as Iki's malevolent freeze catches all of you again.

17 piercing cold damage

@Johann: The Deceitful Winter looks at Luke, struggling to break off the stunning effect and smiles as she aims her hand at you.

"In the end, mage, all your efforts were fruitless.

Jacob can barely stand, sacrificing himself foolishly for all of you.

The hammer wielding bald fool cannot even pick up his weapon, let alone move.

Humbert will never be able to reach me, no matter what fancy blade he wields.

And you? Well... you will never move again. Good bye, Johann. Know that once my spell takes hold over you, I shall shatter your pieces all over Lugenheim...hahahhahahhaaaa!""

And having said that. Iki's hand begins to gather an immense amount of ice as your robes, cloak and sleeves and skin begin to freeze over...

She's going to turn you into a winter ornament!

Flesh to Ice- Fortitude DC 26 negates

@Zephyr: Prone and unable to move, you dart your eyes around and try and regain control of your muscles as Aenar stands by your side, blade held with both hands.

"Worry not, friend- I will not let them harm you. You have my word."

That does not stop the red demon coated in acid from running towards you and leaping into the air as he digs his claw into your ribs!

9 damage plus 11 SA damage

@Dietrich: Kyōkotsu simply swipes a brutal claw at you, hoping to drain your strength along with the pain.

14 damage plus 1 negative level

@Eveline: It's another claw swipe that causes a few of your feathers to drop on the icy floor and shrivel...

Who knows how much longer you can take punishment from this monster before it goes down...

16 damage plus 1 negative level

@The Party: Anzaril kneels on the ground and whispers some words as a tiny dark green tadpole slides and leaps sluggishly towards Iki Ryo, who laughs as the tiny amphibian struggles against the frozen floor.

"What is that supposed to do, Anzaril? A tadpole? How utterly pathetic..."

The tadpole stops several feet away from the Deceitful Winter and turns its eyes towards the fen Witch, who nods as this one sprouts legs and transforms into a frog, but begins to grow in size, getting bigger and bigger.

"Do not underestimate someone by its size, Winterhaunt...""

The frog towers over Iki as the servant of Iborighu gulps and the frog swallows her whole, munching the witch before spitting her out, covered in spectral slime as the frog disappears, taking away many valuable spells from the ruler of Lugenhiem with it.

Fireshield
Algid Enhancement
Greater Aura of Cold
Stone Skin

Iki watches her divine and arcane protections be swallowed away and looks at Anzaril, her aura not as powerful this time.

"I will make you suffer! No matter who you are related to, Fen Witch!""

Anzaril looks at everyone in the room.

"If you have fire, blast her!""

@Zephyr: Aenar may not have any spells to blast Iki, but he sure can wield that great sword as he hits the babau twice, inflicting great pain on the fiend...

But at a high cost, as the wounds on the demon are passed onto the blade and this one begins to corrode rather quickly.

And then Humbert runs towards the demons, taking a brutal scythe to the back from Iki, but not stopping the paladin in his tracks as he grips Fenvarel with both hands and brings it down on the babau.

"Begone, demon!"

And it's a golden surge of power that cleaves the beast in two as it drops to the ground and Humbert spits some blood as does Jacob, having shared that attack by Iki.

"I told you- we are not going down, witch!"

@Dante & Dietrich: Raine spreads her wings and flies directly towards Kyōkotsu, much like a wild cat, and claws at him twice in the face, causing the undead to become extremely weak at this point.

@The Party: Jacob moves further away from Iki and his golden bow and arrow turn emerald green as he fires a single shot, which pierces Iki's chest and shatters a few more of her protections.

Conviction
Mage Armor

"Do not let your guard down! Keep fighting!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176267)

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter & Kyōkotsu
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-18, 06:20 PM
Zephyr winces as the babau digs a brutal claw into his midsection, but his form holds rigid, even as he struggles. Aenar and Humbert rush over to drive away the demon, and the sight of their risen might inspires Zephyr, granting him the courage he needs to break free of Iki's hold.

Chimaera
2016-06-18, 07:52 PM
For a glimpse of second, Johann see himself as a statue of ice. And a very handsome one, but he have a better plan, as he alter Fate into one where Boccob care, even only a little.

The spell hit his chest and then is turned back to Iki Ryo, as his chain rod become orange.

Iki Ryo must make a Fort save DC 26 or become an icy statue :elan:

He then wonders what to do next and look to his brother. He have a plan.

Gripping his relic rod he ask for the last of its power to protect himself.

"Get ready, brother. We'll finish that witch next".

Using it for the last time of the day, recasting Lesser Spell Turning

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 08:00 PM
@Johann: It takes tremendous arcane power on your behalf as Boccob himself has to intervene as the rod glows orange and threatens to burn your flesh, but in the end, the spell is redirected back at Iki Ryo, who becomes encased in ice completely, a look of confusion on her face....

Anzaril, Humbert, Aenar, Luna and Jacob watch the frozen chunk of ice as it begins to drop on the ground.

"Johann did it!""

"I knew he could turn her spell back. Well done!""

"One less fiend to focus on.""

"Pelor bless him.""

"Let's not get too carried away yet...""

And before the ice statue can drop, Iki Ryo breaks free of the spell and looks down at you as her left eye begins to gather up malevolent energy again.

"We have played this game before, Johann! last time, you had to escape! No place to run now, mortal. How many times can you pull that trick, huh?""

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter & Kyōkotsu
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar

Ricedaddy
2016-06-18, 08:20 PM
Dietrich weighs sending his own dispel effort toward's Iki, thanks to Xander, but sees the chance to drop the undead as being of greater value to the fight. Three quick attacks with his katana assault his foe.

Full attack action

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] and [roll2] fire
Haste Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] and [roll5] fire
Attack 2: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] and [roll8] fire
Attack 3: [roll9] Damage: [roll10] and [roll11] fire

Dudu
2016-06-18, 09:00 PM
The Devourer must fall

Those were Dante's thoughs from the start of the battle. Those are Dante's thoughs right now.

"BEGONE LOATHSOME CREATURE"

Shouts Eveline, filled with divine wrath and disgust.

Both attack the Devourer with all they go.

"Raine and Dietrich inflicted some harsh punishment to the Devourer, but it still seems to not be enough."

Dante:
Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1]

Eveline:
Atk [roll2] dmg [roll3] + [roll4]

Flanking bonus for both

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12
1 Negative Level

Eveline: HP 147/90
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 23/9/20
Fast Healing 10
Atk +26 dmg 1d8+13 (+2d6 vs Evil)
4 Negative Levels

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 09:25 PM
@Dietrich, Dante & Eveline: It's a combined effort of blades and maces that bludgeon, burn and cut the Devourer as this one drops on one knee and roars as its body begins to crack in white light and with an agonizing yell, it explodes, causing its rotten leathery chunks to crumble on the icy floor as a wisp of white smoke escapes its rib cage and takes on a very wakened form that pants heavily as it looks around at its saviors:

http://media.tumblr.com/a733f9a74093dc3e5ffb27463ec47f48/tumblr_inline_mye2k9JRfd1r0zz7o.jpg

"That was... unpleasant, to say the least.""

@The Party: Iki Ryo looks at the released fey and her aura begins to increase in utter hatred as the Sanctum begins to crumble and pieces of the ceiling fall around, freezing and breaking into tiny shards.

"You! You should have stayed inside the Devourer, Song of Ruin! These idiots have only caused you to face an even worse fate!""

Nistle Swansong looks up at Iki and then his eyes direct themselves into the throne, barely keeping itself up and so, the fey stands up, nearly slipping and falling on the ground again and raises his arms to the ceiling.

"That may be so, Yuki O Na, but you are not gong to hold me in Lugenheim, that I can pretty much guarantee it.

True, I may be hunted now by Windemere and the rest of her Courtiers now, but if I am right, then you and all the others should never have come here in the first place!""

And having said that the chunks of debris stop falling and take on a gigantic form near the throne:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3f1cf2b7620896f897f27d4a63f33411/tumblr_inline_mxzdfw6Qrq1r0zz7o.jpg

Know. The Planes to ID it

Iki's eyes widen as she sees the hulk come into being and shakes her head.

"No, stop!""

Nistle smiles weakly and points to the throne.

"No, not really. Destroy it! And... help the others bring her down.""

The throne in the form of Iborighu's unholy symbol shatters under the tremendous strength of the hulk's punches and the Song of Ruin clears off the ice from his sleeves, as Iki's left eye cracks as well, sending out a great surge of lost arcane and divine energy into the air.

"Well... I'm gone.""

And having said that, the Song of Ruin disappears from sight entirely.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176272)

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 09:44 PM
@Dante: Who that guy with the hat was? You have no idea.

At least he left you some help, for which your extensive studies have paid off.

The Ruin Elemental.

Said to be creatures that inhabit abandoned corner of the world, a Ruin Elemental serves only very powerful fey and are rarely seen by mortals and immortals alike.

As it's name says, this elemental was bred to bring forth ruin, manifested in its powerful fists, capable of bringing down entire structures.

Despite its bulky appearance, a Ruin Elemental is exceptionally fast and can close the gap with anyone who wishes to engage it at a distance.

Were it to be unable to reach an enemy, a ruin elemental can hurl rocks, much like a giant and with tremendous expertise.

If it is ever surrounded by ground troops, a Ruin Elemental can show them all their folly by generating a localized earthquake in a twenty foot radius.

This doesn't so much kill the opponent, as knocking them down, which gives the elemental a great tactical advantage to pummel their prone foes.

And like many elementals, their extremely tough hide can resist any and all known weapons to a certain degree.

Kevinho
2016-06-18, 10:17 PM
Luke gets rid off of the curse from the ring.

"I really lost my patient with you, Iki. Saying that will kill my brother, that's unaccpetable, I'll take you down, you have had too much luck with this cursed ring stopping me from killing you, but your luck end now! You have no chance to live another minute." Luke is not mocking or provoking anymore, he's really pisse doff.

Luke lowers to reach his hammer and buffs himself with a familiar spell by everyone.

"Johann, cast fly on me. I lost my patient, I want to be the one to take her down! Johann sees that his brother is really angry by this point of the fight.

Luke takes his hammer from the ground and cast True Strike again.

====
Spells spent:
Level 1: [4/9]
Level 2: [1/8]
Level 3: [4/6]
HP 161/118 [life above maxium is temporary hp]
NEXT SPELL MAXIMIZED, EMPOWERED AND CONSECRATED
FASTHEALING 10
PROTECTION FROM EVIL

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 10:36 PM
@Luke: You pick up your great hammer and trace an arrow sigil on your hand and then ask Johann to lend you flight to go after her.

"So you are his brother? Well, isn't this a joyous reunion... and a brief one.""

Round 4

@Johann & Luke: Iki Ryo's aura once again attempts to take its grip on both.

15 Piercing cold damage, Fortitude DC 26 negates.

Failed save gives you a –2 penalty to their Strength and Dexterity and moving at half speed for as long as they remain within the area.

And then she walks through the air away from both of you, confident she will not be reached.

@Luke: Iki Ryo looks at you as her left eye cracks and the fissure tear her white icy face, creating uneven angles and shapes on the surface.

"You get to wait for your brother in the afterlife first! But worry not- you won't have to wait for long...Hahahhahahahhaaaaa!!!!""

And having said that, the Deceitful Winter's left hand becomes utterly black as entropic energy swirls around it and you feel your entire body caving in from inside as blood pours from your eyes, nose, mouth and ears.

This witch is attempting to unmake you!

Destruction- Fortitude DC 30 or have your remains (but not equipment) destroyed utterly.

On a successful save, Luke takes 40 damage

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176273)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

AlanBruce
2016-06-18, 11:21 PM
@The Party: Both Anzaril and Jacob fire off emerald green arrows and gigantic dragons as these pierce and bite Iki Ryo, depriving her of a few protections...

But at this point, anything goes.

Protection from Good
Conviction
Corona of Cold

Raine spreads her wings and flies at a convenient space between her and the Deceitful Winter and bares claws and fangs, but cannot get any closer.

It's a massive boulder from Nistle's Elemental that bypasses Iki's illusory protections and smashes her on the head, causing the Deceitful Winter to appear dazed, if only for a split second.

Humbert looks up at the witch and then yells at the group:

"Somebody get me up there!"

But not having wings or magical flight, neither him or Aenar can contribute. Much less the pelorite priest, with a melting blade.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176289)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Chimaera
2016-06-18, 11:34 PM
Johann look at Iki, flying and fleeing. Where's her courage now?

"You dont seen too confindent anymore, do you?", he says and tap his brother's shoulder while plucking a black feather from Enigma, "Go get her, tiger".

He says and keep looking at her for any sign of casting.

Fly on Luke

Should she begin to cast anything, Johann will Celerity plus Fireball to disrupt her casting

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 12:06 AM
@Johann: You walk up to your brother and pluck a feather off Enigma as she caws, more annoyed and surprised than in pain as you weave the transmutation on your big bald brother and cause his feet to rise inches off the ground as Iki smiles and causes a fleck of frozen skin to drop from her face.

"My confidence is gone? I have to admit, Johann- I am surprised at the resilience you and the others have shown, but make no mistake:

You and everyone in this room will die. That is unavoidable. Anzaril and Jacob may have stripped me of a few protections, but do you think that is enough to best me? Think again, mage- I am about to bring the end of this war upon the Herald with my own hands.

And even when your bones freeze and your souls become mine to fortify Lugenheim, one question shall linger:

Why would miserable little mortals with fleeting lifespans throw their lives away in such a sad little display of heroism?""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176292)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Kevinho
2016-06-19, 12:19 AM
Luke feels an overwhelming pressure over his body, feeling like he's about to break in pieces, but he is tougher than that. He looks at her with anger in his heart, and yell at her.

"There's no escape now, you had your chance to kill me, I'll make sure that was your last one. I'll make you in pieces, witch!"

After receiving fly spell, Luke smiles and says "Thanks brother, I'll handle her myself.". Then he starts flying towards her with his gigantic hammer aiming her, "Now it's you and me!"

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176295)

Luke charges at her, flying at her direction.

Power Attack: 12
Arcane Strike: 2nd level spell
Channeled Spell: Fell Drain Schocking Grasp

Attack: [roll0]
Hammer Damage: [roll1]
Aracane Strike Damage: [roll2]
Maximized, empowered, consecrated, fell drain Schocking Grasp Damage: 45 + 1 Negative Level

Spells spent:
Level 2: [2/8]
Level 3: [5/6]
HP 154/118 [life above maxium is temporary hp]
FASTHEALING 10
PROTECTION FROM EVIL

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 12:33 AM
@Luke: You soar up and hold your hammer, as this crackles with arcane power and Iki simply smiles as you charge her.

"Unlike your bother, you must be the stupid one in the pair. For one...""

Iki brings her scythe upon you with brutal efficiency and strength!

122 damage

"You never attack someone who is bigger and better than you, mortal!""

That scythe would have probably killed you, were Jacob not sharing the pain wrought...

And even for him, this has not been a good share, as the ranger nearly collapses from the pain.

But you do manage to strike Iki Ryo nonetheless, and a shattering smite it is as the Deceitful Winter looks at you and grips her scythe firmly with both hands.

"You have dared raise that hammer upon me for the last time, foolish Crawford kin!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176296)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Gabrosin
2016-06-19, 12:54 AM
Zephyr shakes off the last of Iki's hold on him, laying on the ground as Iki tears into Luke. He pulls back and takes a shot at Iki from where he lays on the ground, then stands up, preparing to take to the skies again.

"Humbert, Aenar, get moving, spread out. Don't let her catch us together with one of her blasts."

Bonus damage vs. arcanists applied.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] (Raptor Arrow) + [roll3] (precision)

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 01:07 AM
@Zephyr: Iki Ryo watches you fire your trusty Raptor Arrow and laughs as Luke gets cleaved brutally.

"A worn out relic of Ehlonna fired from a petty canary who can barely flap his wings...""

You have been trained and geared to laugh at illusionists, but the Deceitful Winter is using a more powerful version of said cloaking techniques and so, the Arrow misses its mark and returns to your hand.

"Useless... like your entire race, Zephyr. You seem very attached to that relic, don't you?

We'll have to find something to do with that... that we will.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176298)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Dudu
2016-06-19, 01:17 AM
Eveline flies closer to the cruel fey.

She too intends to cast a spell on her. Even though not nearly as powerful.

Dante moves closer to Iki.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176301)

Dante doublemoves to get closer to Iki.

Eveline moves to Jacob, casts one her Cure Spells [roll0] and will cast Close Wounds [roll1] if Jacob falls.

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12
1 Negative Level

Fast Healing 10
4 Negative Levels

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 03:51 AM
@Zephyr: Aenar looks at you and then at Iki.

"You are right- let us spread out."

Humbert stays in place and looks up at the witch, but the priest places his hand on the aasimar's shoulder.

"You cannot reach her now, Sir Humbert- we need either get you airborne or ground her. For now, follow Zephyr's advice.""

Humbert curses in Celestial and moves away, as fast as his legs can take him.

"I am not done with you, Iki! Zephyr! Be safe!""

The Deceitful Winter laughs as Luke bleeds profusely. She has been hit massively by the hammer, but she isn't showing signs of going down anytime soon.

"That's it- scatter like frightened little squirrels. Not that it will save you, anyway.""

@Dante: You push forward, weary after the Devourer's poisonous claw and stare at Iki Ryo directly in the eyes.

"I can sense you are weak, Jasidan... as is the Lumi cohort with you. Ready to meet Wee Jas?""

Eveline places her hand on Jacob's shoulder, patching a small amount of his wounds, something the Eternal Archer is most grateful for.

"Gratitude, Eveline. Every bit helps. Anzaril! I wish to speak...""

The glaistig opens up a mental link to all and Jacob addresses all who are within range:

My Great Guardian ability is almost depleted. If we cannot bring this witch down in the next few seconds, I will not be able to shield you anymore for the remaining of this day.

So let's bring her down fast. We cannot fall in Lugenheim. We need to save Arrallae!

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176305)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Ricedaddy
2016-06-19, 09:45 AM
Dietrich moves closer to the combat around Iki, and lets loose one of Xanders powers, a blue horse and rider leaping from his open palm and racing towards his foe.

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176330
Greater Dispel Magic Checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

That's nine checks, should be enough but I can roll more if needed.

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 04:50 PM
@Dietrich: Not having any enemies nearby, you move across the frozen sanctum and look up at Iki Ryo, in all her icy glory and adjusts the glasses placed on your mask as as a blue rider clad in armor gallops towards the Deceitful Winter, lance ready as the Winterhaunt raises an eyebrow and expertly dodges him as this one keeps riding into oblivion.

"So the useless samurai has some tricks up his sleeve? And here I thought you were just a single minded warrior...

I guess I was right.""

Round 5

@Luke: Iki Ryo places her gigantic hand around your body as sinister cold forces surround you.

This isn't a spell, but rather something she used back in the room where you all fought Vassago.

"I tire of your filthy stench, mortal. Go join the others!""

It's a malevolent cold surge of ice that sends your very being right across the room and next to Jacob.

6 damage plus 15 Piercing Cold damage plus disoriented (staggered):

A staggered character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can she take full-round actions).

Effect lasts 13 hours

@The Party: Johann tilts his head back as a tremendous golden fireball blossoms around Iki Ryo, causing the witch to yelp in pain.

Celerity + Fireball

She may be protected by fire, but not against the forces of Heaven.

The Winterhaunt, however, has had years of training and burnt by sacred fire as she may be, is undeterred, as her aura goes from icy white to utter black.

Her cheek bones make manifest a lot more and her visage becomes more akin to a skull as the entire Sanctum takes on muted grey colors and her smile becomes like that of the Reaper as she unhinges her skeletal jaw and emits a deathly scream:

"BEGONE FROM THIS WORLD! SUFFER FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR STANDING UP AGAINST ME!""

The sheer magnitude of this power is terrifying! Shadows coalesce around the entire room wailing and echoing her words as these seek to snuff out your life.

And for many, that is the case.

Raine drops on the ground, her wings having wilted and her skin taken on a deathly pale color.

Anzaril holds on to her chest as a few of her white hairs fall off her head and drops as well.

Aenar tries to ask Pelor for deliverance, but his prayer isn't heard as he too falls head first on the ground.

Dante's form changes back to his human self as he looks at Eveline and drops to the ground.

Johann tries to use the Relic handed from Boccob himself, but the Uncaring Mage lives up to his name and the mage falls on the ground.

Luke grips his hammer and takes a few steps towards Iki, but it is a silent whisper to his brother that takes his life away into the frozen night.

Dietrich tries to remain standing, but he too falls on the ground, Xander's glasses skidding a few feet away from him.

Jacob looks at the witch and his bow glows with tremendous righteous fury.

"How dare you!""

The arrows pierce Iki Ryo, causing her to cry in pain, each carrying the name of a fallen during this battle.

"I have never hated anyone as much as I do now, Iki Ryo. Know that I will never stop until you are DEAD!""

The Winterhaunt looks at her many wounds from his arrows and is indeed hurt. Jacob has been able to bypass her illusions die to some hidden power, but even his mighty arrows are not enough to finish her.

"Hehehehhehehhee.... taking them down was enjoyable. And I am not going to die, Jacob- I am the Herald's finest. Look around. You and your fiends are but corpses or soon to be.

You should have accepted the Court of Sorrow's absolute power and bowed your head. perhaps you would not be in the situation you are now.""

Wail of the Banshee- Fortitude DC 32 negates. Failure mans death.

Nistle's Ruin Elemental avoids the worst and hurls yet another boulder at the Winterhaunt, but unlike last time, her illusions displace her from being struck.

"A large chunk of walking debris left by a hunted fey will not be sufficient. Give up! You are no match for me."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176368)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Dudu
2016-06-19, 09:50 PM
The wail dominates the room and most of the valiant warriors and mages fall, all of sudden.

That includes Dante. Indeed, the bless of Wee Jas is superior to that of Arreale.

Eveline, however, is still standing, wings flapping. Alive. But who knows for how long...

That one visited the world of the dead more times than I can bother counting. I hope the others are as familiarized to death as my crimsom eyed comrade.

Unlike Dante, Eveline doesn't joke around or trade provoking lines with her enemy. She chooses her target and get rid of it. And that's how her mace suddenly shines with a blinding light all of sudden, and Eveline points said mace to one of the images of Iki Ryo, releasing a ray of divine light.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176378)

Move closer and cast defensively Searing Ray
Starts hovering 10ft above ground

Searing Light
[roll0] 36 damage (put -4 on the roll)
Miss Chance [roll1] (>50 hits)

Fast Healing 10
4 Negative Levels

Gabrosin
2016-06-19, 10:52 PM
Zephyr snaps his hands up over his ears and braces himself as the awful shriek tears through the throne room. He watches with horror as his allies collapse under the intense pressure, their lives ripped from them by the unbearable cacophony. The crystal on his armor glows brightly, its magic swelling through Zephyr's body, repelling the hideous wail.

Then, silence.

Zephyr stands and faces Iki. The sudden void as the noise fades is as terrifying as the yell itself. All around, there is nothing.

Not even breathing.

Iki smirks.

Zephyr's thoughts turn to Seraline. Perhaps his defeated allies had gone to their own rest, wrapped in the loving arms of their gods. Perhaps they could finally find peace, their long struggle at an end, never again to be beaten and tormented by this deadly fey court.

Zephyr feels a faint tickle at his wrist. A small golden filament peeks out from its hiding place within his gauntlet.

He answers Iki's smirk with one of his own as he reaches for it.

Perhaps Zephyr's journey, from mountain home to tormented city to treacherous forest to this house of deception, through literal Heaven and Hell, was for this moment and this moment alone.

Pulling forth the blessed strand of Arrallae's hair, he holds it up before him and says to Iki, "Neat trick. Now here's mine." Then he casts his thoughts to Arrallae and waits to see what miracle she'll work this time.

AlanBruce
2016-06-19, 11:54 PM
@Eveline: Iki Ryo laughs as the beam of pure concentrated sun light fails to actually hit her.

"Lumi, how were you of all creatures able to survive my spell? No matter- killing you will be as simple as crushing a bothersome pesky little gnat!""

@Zephyr: And just like that, they were all taken away.

How could someone be given such tremendous power and use it for such vile means?

Jacob is barely standing.

Humbert cannot fly and reach her.

You could probably shoot her dead- your Raptor Arrow never fails, but if you were to fail, then what?

The Deceitful Winter gloats as she looks down at you and smirks as her left eye cracks just a bit more, causing frozen flecks of porcelain skin to crack on the ground.

"And you... how many more times must I punish you, Zephyr? Do you not realize that you are going against a servant of the Great Iborighu? I serve the Court of Sorrows as the Herald's finest!

To think that a handful of stupid little mortals ever considered besting the House of Lies and me... pitiful!""

But you have had enough of this monster and her cruel tricks.

You have soared through the tree tops of Sacred Elhonna and sat down in the Shelves of Despond.

You will not allow this creature to kill anymore!

And so, taking out one of Arrallae's sacred and dwindling strands of hair, you ask the goddess, far off in Glacielheim, to grant you yet another miracle as the the hair remains in place and does not glow.

Iki Ryo laughs and points her frozen scythe at you.

"What is that supposed to do, zephyr, huh? A mangy lock of hair? What dog did you pluck it from?""

And at that moment, your entire body thrums with a very powerful resonance as Iki screeches in pain and averts her eyes.

The entire sanctum becomes engulfed in sunlight and you take that as your cue to spread wings and fly towards the Ruin Elemental and hide.

Hide for your precious life!

The ruler of Lugenheim looks around as the golden glow begins to diminish and it is Dietrich first who begins to stir.

"No...""

Dante coughs and grips his Ruby Guillotine as his crimson eye fixes on the Winterhaunt.

"This is impossible...""

Anzaril gets up and looks at her frozen cloak, as she wordlessly fires another spectral green dragon at Iki, who cuts it in two with her scythe.

"But how? You were all dead?""

Raine flaps one of her wings. Then the other and standing tall and proud focuses her own druidic power into a massive golden aura as the sound of thunder begins to boom around the Sanctum.

"There is no power that can bring anyone back like this!""

Aenar gets up and tosses the already ruined great sword to the ground and takes out his morning star, looking up at Iki Ryo, pure divine defiance in his eyes.

"You too, pelorite?""

Luke begins to grunt and stir on the ground as Jacob helps him up to his feet.

"That's right, Iki- you are not bringing us down. We are not stopping until this war your Herald has brought upon these woods and beyond is over.

And that power you felt? That is the power of a true goddess, not a false one like the one you worship with cruel zealotry. Get ready, Iki Ryo...

Your end is nigh!""

True Resurrection for those slain and FH 10.

All negative levels and penalties accrued so far are gone for those slain and alive.

Arrallae's Strength is gone for those resurrected, but if you still had a stored spell you could maximize, empower and consecrate and have not used it, you still can... provided you haven't lost spell slots.

@The Party: Iki Ryo is not so confident now as everyone starts to get up and throw spells back at her, but she grips her scythe nonetheless.

"Let us see how many times you can get up...""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176383)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Ricedaddy
2016-06-20, 07:19 AM
Dietrich brushes off his armor as he stands and mutters under his breath, "That's f'n twice in one day."

He then levels a cold gaze at Iki, "You are wrong, Iki, there is a power that can do that. It's the one you attempt to fight. I gave you a chance to come fight for us earlier. You missed the opportunity."

Move Action: Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176389)

Attack Action w/Flaming Katana - power attack -3/+6
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] and [roll2] fire

Dudu
2016-06-20, 10:15 AM
I'm useless, but some of us are not

He grips his Ruby Guillotine again, and run behind Iki

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176394)

Doublemove to the opposite side of Iki

Dante: HP 203/103
AC: 27/11/26
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 9/4/20
Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12

Fast Healing 10

Chimaera
2016-06-20, 11:58 AM
It is a brief visit to a very moldy and dusty library.
Johann looks around and is about to fetch a book when an oldman voice shout his ways, "Doesnt you have a Yuki O Na to deal with, apprentice?", he blink once and then twice as the library is gonr and he's laying on the cold throne room of Lugenheim.

He look at Iki Ryo flying and powerful while he's down and spelless. Well, not that much spelless.

He slowly draw a scroll from his scrollcase and read the magic words, as a murder of crows appears in a whirlwind of force, peaking and cawing at Iki.

[roll0] force damage.
No save.

AlanBruce
2016-06-20, 04:49 PM
@Dietrich: You rush towards Iki Ryo and swing your fiery katana, but the Winterhaunt, being ten feet up in the air, simply raises an eyebrow and laughs as you swing at the frozen air.

"Bringing you back from the dead was a grave mistake by Arrallae- you are even stupider now than before! How could I ever betray the Herald for someone like you?""

@Dante: You get up and watch Dietrich try and swing at the witch.

You may not have your spells on you, but that doesn't mean you are bereft of tricks.

And so, you dash across the icy floor as Iki watches you and brings her scythe down.

"Where are you going?""

34 damage

@Johann: You remove the scroll from its case and look up at Iki, who just cut Dante as this one runs past her and Dietrich, who swings his sword fruitlessly at the Winterhaunt.

It's a quick read from the scroll as this one vanishes and in place, a hungry green vortex of arcane river fish swim around the Deceitful winter, chomping at her very being.

"Johann! Even in your sorry state, you would attempt to fight me? And with such a pitiful spell... useless!""

@The Party: It is at that moment that the chain binding all of you together with Jacob is broken as the Eternal Archer's bow turns back to its normal form, losing its golden glow.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176408)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Kevinho
2016-06-20, 07:30 PM
That sound... that painful loud sound... that deadly screech enter Luke's head and all of a sudden he sees himself in a library, not alone, Johann is there too.

"What the..." but before he could realizes where he was, he feels a warm divine white light spreading through his body. As the light fades away, he's standing on the cold ground with his hammer standing right next to him. He can't understand what's going on, the only thing he knows is that it is not over yet.

Being killed so many times in such a short period of time has definitely messed Luke head, he doesn't look lucid. He getd up with his hammer in hand, and stare at Iki, without saying any words this time, his arrogance has killed him... twice! He's back at his feet and wields his hammer, planning something.

Luke gets up with his hammer and ready his action to cast a Dimension Hop in case he's going to be affected by any attack or spells coming from Iki. If that's the case, he'll hop to as close as he can get to her, but on the ground."

Spells spent:
HP 118/118
FASTHEALING 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-20, 08:40 PM
@Luke: That ghastly wail still resonates in your mind as Jacob helps you get up and you grip your hammer in one hand, but rather than charging against Iki Ryo, you wait...

For who knows what this monster may do next.

Round 6

@The Party: The Deceitful Winter moves back and out of the Vortex range and looks at all of you, healthy and ready to bring her down.

"You believe some lame parlor trick can save you? Behold! This is the power of the Frostfell made manifest!!!""

And having said that, Iki raises her icy scythe towards the ceiling and the blade glows as the Winterhaunt cuts a seam into the thin air and a tremendous crack breaks through time and space above most of you as the entire Hall of Lies shakes and rumbles.

"Feel the wrath of Iborighu! Hahahhahahhaa!!!""

@Zephyr, Eveline, Johann, Jacob, Luna & the Elemental: It's a gigantic deluge of snow that falls upon all of you, tearing apart both trees and carrying with it the ruined throne.

Debris damage 60

Piercing Cold damage 40

Reflex DC 32 for half

@Luke: You break Space & Time as your brother and the others are buried upon tons of ice and snow, closing your eyes as their screams of pain and agony fill your ears and open them if only for a second to catch Humbert, Anzaril and Aenar being washed away by the avalanche, but not as bad as the others... and you, were you in that place.

And so, you stop right next to Dietrich and below a spinning vortex of teeth as Iki Ryo looks around at the devastation and begins to absorb the snow back at her, clinging at her many wounds and healing her a good measure of health.

"You pain is my satisfaction... SUFFER!"

@Johann: Barely standing and with all the snow sucked into Iki's body, Aenar nearly trips as he rushes by your side and places his hand on your head.

"Do not go back into the shadow, Johann!"

45 hp healed

@The Party: Raine watches the snow be washed away and rises from the ground, lightning crackling around her.

"You say our pain is your satisfaction... then have some back, you miserable bitch!""

It's a golden lightning bolt that strikes Iki on the head, causing her black hair to frizzle as her gigantic body shudders and twitches with electric currents coursing around it.

Anzaril casts yet another powerful abjuration and smiles as suffers a dramatic change.

"About time someone brought you down to size.""

Giant Size

And then the Fen Witch replies to everyone within range of her mind:

That was my last spell with such power. She still has several protections on her- mainly the illusion and her flight. We need to ground her.

Jacob fires a volley of arrows across the Vortex and straight at Iki. All of them sure shots...

And they all miss.

I agree- we need to bring that veil of hers down!

The Ruin elemental ambles all the way to the edge of Johann's Vortex, but his tremendous height would get him bit and so, he chucks another boulder at Iki as the Deceitful Winter laughs and this one flies right past her.

Humbert rushes towards her as fast as he can, but even with Johann's arcane speed, he cannot reach her- let alone fly up there.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176427)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Chimaera
2016-06-20, 09:24 PM
As the avalanche falls... so do Johann, but thanks to Aenar's intervention he get back to consciousness.

"I've got nothing left to do. All I can her is incovience her a little", he tell the others teleparhically while grabbing Silas' wand and shooting 5 force missiles to her face.

[roll0]

Ricedaddy
2016-06-20, 10:23 PM
Dietrich holds his hand out as the horse and rider materializes and races towards Iki again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Dudu
2016-06-20, 11:07 PM
Eveline isn't done with her yet and it's not a vortex of force crows that will stop her charge.

She goes full speed, soaring above her comrades to strike the witch with her mace, once again.

Did she lost her mind?

From the twisting murder of crows, Eveline appears to strike the witch, apparently not caring too much about the consequences.

Dante once again Picks his Eternal Wand and readies.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176438)

Eveline charges and goes for
Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1] miss chance [roll2] (needs >50 to hit)

Dante readies action for the first time Iki attacks Eveline he will cast Benign Transposition to switch places with her.

Dante: HP 203/103
AC: 23/11/22
Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12

Eveline: HP 86/90
Fast Healing 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-21, 12:00 AM
@Dietrich: You once more harness Xander's power as your own and the mounted warrior gallops at full speed towards Iki.

"That same old trick again, Dietrich? It will not work...""

The Deceitful Winter laughs as she trips the blue rider with her scythe, but this one has learned from past mistakes and quickly draws a wakizashi, digging it into her icy ribs before vanishing away.

Iki Ryo's powers are great. There is no denying that.

But you can only devote so much time to harness one kind of training. Anzaril mentioned she was a Wu Jen, as well as a follower of Iborighu.

And so, it would seem this Winterhaunt's cruel devotion did not pay off this time... in matters arcane, at least.

Displacement

@The Party: Finally!

Iki is now vulnerable to being hit. Who knows if she has other spells she can use to obliterate you, but this is one golden opportunity. A one in a million.

And Eveline certainly isn't one to let it go as she braves Johann's Vortex, not even bothering to shrug off the arcane crows and bashes Iki across the face with righteous zeal!

The Deceitful Winter looks at her hands and notices she isn't displacing anymore and then looks down at Dietrich:

"You miserable wannabe wizard! I will make you SUFFER for this!""

It's at that moment that her words are interrupted as b;lasts of energy from Johann's wand punch her in the face.

"And you, mage... I have not forgotten about you!"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176439)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

AlanBruce
2016-06-21, 04:02 AM
@Zephyr: Maybe it was the sheer amount of ice falling on you like an avalanche.

Maybe it has been the awe in the power of Arrallae as your allies have been brought back.

But you remain back and endure the worst as Iki Ryo buries you and many others in snow and can only hope that you avoid the worst of it.

Round 7

@Dante: It is as you feared.

The Deceitful Winter's left eye begins to glow as it seeks to freeze Eveline in place!

If successful, Eveline will not be able to fight her and right now, you need for her to be as mobile as possible.

And so, you transpose yourself with your Cohort as your eyes meet Iki's, who laughs as her insidious power seeks to paralyze your entire body.

Fortitude DC 34 or be paralyzed like Hold Monster

And whether or not you succeed in resisting her gaze, you feel gravity take its toll as you plummet down onto the ground and Iki smirks.

"Stupid sacrifice!""

It's a brutal cut as you fall on the ground by this witch!

15 damage

And its the cold ground that meets your face as you fall prone.

9 damage

@The Party: Iki Ryo's aura begins to grow in intensity again as sinister crimson sigils appear in a circle around her, getting bigger and bigger as this one grows to gigantic proportions behind her and a dark purple landscape with a red sky can be seen on this circular window- a new world.

"You believe you are the only ones with help? Think again! Humbert! While you were slain by me, I had a chance to not only delve into your heart and memories... the disgustingly loved ones by you...

I also had a chance to see the darker ones. Oh yes! Quite the career you have had! There is someone just dying to come forth and see you again, aasimar...""

It's a demonic laughter that can be heard from the other side of this rift opened by Iki as a medium sized fiend flies out of it and lands on the ground:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sHeXQweClxo/UtHUwUVz3yI/AAAAAAAAAV4/MtnC8BosRq4/s1600/legend_of_the_cryptids_demon_dude_ver_1_by_davidra pozaart-d5jyye0.jpg

Humbert's eyes widen and then anger shows on his face as he grips Fenvarel.

"You were banished!""

Iki laughs as the fiend- a far more powerful version of the babau slain earlier points his claw at many of you.

"He was banished by lowly mortal magic, paladin. I made a deal with him. For those unaware and ready to die, meet Trak Baakl- your guide to the Abyss! The paladin is nearly dead, as are the others... finish them off!""

Iki just used the Gate spell! This conjuration allows her to call forth very powerful and unique outsiders...

And this one seems to have some history with Humbert.

Trak smiles and begins amassing a monstrous demonic aura as crimson flames dance around his body.

"It's been awhile, Humbert- and you brought friends...even better! I so relish group kills.""

@Humbert, Eveline, Luke, Dietrich & Elemental: The Babau fires a single dark crimson pellet that lands in your midst and explodes in horrific demonic damage, hurting your body and soul.

36 fire damage. DC 20 for half. Half of the damage is Vile.

Reminder on Vile damage: When a character takes vile damage natural healing, regeneration, fast healing and magical healing are ineffective in restoring the lost hit points or ability points. Vile damage can only be healed by healing or restoration magic that is cast within an area sanctified by the forces of good - such as within a consecrate or a hallow spell.

Both the Elemental and Humbert and struck point blank, the vile flames engulfing them, but not taking them down.

Iki Ryo laughs and ascends a few more feet, now that she isn't hindered by her large mass.

"Finish those idiots below, Trak. Murder them good...and I promise their souls for you to take.""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176443)

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter & Trak Baakl
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Gabrosin
2016-06-21, 05:21 AM
Zephyr braces himself and swerves out of the way as the avalanche of snow and debris engulfs him and his allies, avoiding the worst of it. He reaches back to his quiver for his Raptor Arrow, and then pauses, remembering Iki's threat. Instead he leaves it in his quiver and pulls forth regular arrows, launching them towards Iki from a great distance while drifting slightly higher and closer.

Rapid shot at Iki.

Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack RS: [roll2]
Damage RS: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7]

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176446)

AlanBruce
2016-06-21, 06:26 AM
@Zephyr: You aim your footbow at the Deceitful Winter, confident that without her illusion, your arrows will never miss their mark...

And as the arrows fly towards the Winterhaunt, Iki looks down at her fiendish summon.

"Do it now!""

Trak Baakl tilts his head back and the arrows seem to slow in speed as both Fey and Fiend move through space time, moving Iki out of range of your arrows, keeping both airborne.

Celerity + Dimension Step

This leaves the babau slightly dazed, but away from ground threats.

Hopefully enough time to finish him and her in as fast a way as possible.

Jacob moves a few feet closer and shuts one eye as he aims his bow.

"That fiend is going to be a nuissance. Focus on Iki- he's mine.""

It's four arrows that strike Trak with a cacophonous din, the cold iron piercing his tough flesh as Trak Baakl roars in pain.

Aenar rushes to Humbert's side and places his hand on the aasimar's shoulder, patching many of his wounds, but not all.

"You know that demon?""

"Draegi and I sealed him off years ago. A mad follower of some Demon Lord below. We need to take him out before he unleashes another attack like that."

And on cue, Humbert and Anzaril meet half way across the frozen Sanctum as the fen Witch waves a feather above the aasimar's head, causing the paladin to lift off the ground.

"Now you can reach him. Go. Get both of them.""

Raine spreads her wings and glides real close to the ground, so as to avoid Johann's Vortex and stops a safe distance as he looks up at both villains.

It's a bolt of lightning that punishes Iki's hair, causing it to frizzle again, but the damage isn't as stellar this time.

Trak looks down at the half fey and smiles.

"How cute... what are you going to do, little girl?""

True to her druidic teachings, Raine begins chanting as electricity catches both monsters in mid air , the lightning jumping back and forth between both.

Trak laughs as the electricity courses through him, but causes no damage whatsoever.

"Is that supposed to hurt me? That tickles!""

Iki isn't laughing as her hair stands on end, more currents running through her body.

"Speak for yourself, you idiot! That mongrel is a threat, but she too can be brought down.""

And that's when the Ruin Elemental shovels a chunk of floor and chucks at at the Deceitful Winter, causing her to nearly lose her balance and fall of the sky.

"I am ready to end all of your pathetic existences! I have had enough!!!""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176450)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Ricedaddy
2016-06-21, 07:17 AM
Dietrich is able to dive away from the worst of the fiend's fireball, but comes out a bit singed all the same.

"Now's our chance. Charge in!"

Dietrich begins running as he calls to the others. He slashes the air with the katana and a bright flash flares in front of him. He disappears into a cut in reality and reappears instantly twenty feet further ahead. As he moves through reality Luke, Humbert, and the Ruin Elemental also flash and reappear closer to Iki. Deitrich continues moving closer to Iki, itching to finally take down this blasted fey.

Standard Action: Dimension step taking Dietrich, Humbert, Luke, and the Ruin Elemental. Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176453)
Summary of DS movement:

Dietrich moved twenty feet straight south
Luke moved 30 feet straight south
Humbert moved twenty feet straight south (assumed heavy armor speed penalty)
Ruin elemental moves his land speed (not reflected on the map yet as that number is unknown)

Move action: Dietrich moves twenty feet further south. The map reflects this movement as well as the DS moves for Luke and Humbert, but not the elemental.

Chimaera
2016-06-21, 07:50 AM
Johann looks at Aenar and Anzaril, contacting both minds.

"Can you cast another of those Fly spells? And do you still have tge metamagic rod we bought? If yes to both, give the rod to Anzaril, so she can can chain cast Fly on us", he says and look to Iki and the newcomer, protected by a annoying abjuration.

He point his wand to Iki and send more missiles her way. Annoying to the end.

[roll0]

Kevinho
2016-06-21, 08:21 AM
Luke manages to avoid part of the damage of the fireball, but it's not an ordinary fireball, it burns with vile flame that hurts even more.

As Dietrich approaches and cast the spell, Luke takes the ride to get as close as possible to iki.

"Dietrich, can you lift me to let me attack the demon? I want to try something." he days that not too loud, he doesn't want to call attention to himself.

He moves to get as close as he can to the babau and cast his signature spell.

Luke moves to "melee", even though he's not flying, and cast true strike.

Spells spent:
Level 1: [5/9]
HP 95/118
9 vile damage
FASTHEALING 10

Dudu
2016-06-21, 12:18 PM
Eveline sees Dante getting frozen by Iki's malignant spell

My fault

She isn't going anywhere with that blind rage.
Her shield won't protect her, so he drops it and start grabbing the mace with both hands.
And seems to ready a spell

Dante is paralysed

Eveline uses move to drop her shield and goes total defense

Dante: HP 179/103
Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12
Paralysed

Eveline: HP 72/90 (9 damage is vile)
AC: 24/16/24 (Total Defense +4)
Fast Healing 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-21, 03:36 PM
@Dietrich: Time to put Xander's abilities to good use.

It's a rip in reality with your blade that allows you, Humbert, Luke and the large elemental to walk through reality, if only for a few brief seconds.

Most of you are still beneath Johann's Vortex, but the Ruin Elemental, taller than ten feet, has most of his body in the swirling arcane gnashing maelstrom called in by the mage.

@Dante: You drop on the ground, gripped by Iki's stare and do your best to break free, but cannot.

Eveline adopts a full defensive position against both monsters- Iki may be more than likely to come and get her after that mace strike.

@Johann: It's another use of Silas' wand that annoys the Deceitful winter to no end as you contact both Aenar and the Fen Witch.

Fly spells? Yes. I have plenty of those. I was planning on casting something on that Trak fiend, though...

I should have the rod in my pack, yes. assuming it wasn't taken during my... leave of absence. Let me check.

@Luke: Ever confident in your skills, you trace the arrow sigil on your hand and move with your great hammer towards both villains as Iki scowls once again as Johann strikes her with another annoying barrage of force.

"You stay here, Trak- I have a brother to kill...""

Round 8

@The Party: Trak Baakl cannot move yet- having pulled Time in such an ungodly manner has wracked his head with pain.

For now, he should not be a threat... at least for a few seconds.

Iki Ryo, however, is not similarly constricted as she looks at all of those below and smiles.

"Say farewell to your friends beyond the gnashing curtain!""

And having said that, she disappears completely from sight.

Greater Invisibility

Anzaril immediately contacts those within her range as Aenar walks up to her and hands her the rod.

The others are too far away yet benefit from this item, but I can hold that fiend in place.

And having said that, Anzaril throws a set of silver hoops at Trak, which turn into large manacles which wrap around his body, holding him tight.

Bands of Steel

Jacob aims his arrow at the fiend and shoots true.

My Great Guardian ability gives me the chance to see the hidden, but that ability is long gone. We need someone to track Iki!

Trak Baakl is hurt, but not down.

Raine flies beneath the Vortex of Teeth, but her Call Lightning spell has no effect on Trak, being a babau and with Iki out of sight.

Humbert cannot charge- doing so would have him be devoured by Johann's Vortex.

But because he is still under the effects of Haste, the aasimar is able to close the gap with a grappled Trak and deliver a brutal slash to the fiend which, while not lethal, is definitely painful.

@Johann: Given where the Elemental, he takes the damage from the Vortex of Teeth in full, nearly collapsing him, but he is still able to close the gap and effectively flank with Humbert, given that Nistle's pet is fourteen feet tall and has prodigious reach.

But even a massive fist to Trak's face barely fazes the fiend- his skin so unnaturally tough and resilient.

And because the babau's skin is covered in abyssal slime, the elemental's fist nearly corrodes, leaving the beast badly damaged.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176493)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Chimaera
2016-06-22, 06:04 AM
Being unable to hit the babau due his Shield and not able to see Iki Ryo anymore, Johanm focus on the vortex and dismiss the murderous crows before they kill the ruin elemental.

Vortex of Teeth

AlanBruce
2016-06-22, 10:03 AM
@Johann: Seeing as the the Vortex of Teeth is far more of a hindrance than a help, you wish it out of existence.

The rest of your allies are too dumbfounded by Iki Ryo to be able to realize what just happened.

Become invisible? Not being able to see her while she casts? How utterly unfair!!!!

But the Deceitful Winter is called like that for a reason... and so, this battle is far from over...

At least for her.

Round 9

@The Party: Iki Ryo is not casting. No casting you are aware of, at least.

She may be moving, but she isn't speaking and so, hearing her would require a keen trained individual.

Otherwise, pinpointing her without magic is nothing kore than wishful thinking.

Anzaril gave you the chance to finish off Trak Baakl, encasing him in steel bands, but none of you considered him a threat and so, let him live.

Huge mistake.

The babau uses not strength, but sheer agility to outmaneuver the steel trappings conjured by Anzaril as these drop to the ground and become useless.

Then, he sidesteps a few feet away from Humbert and the Elemental and tilts his head back.

"You should have chosen smarter friends, Humbert- you lost the small window of opportunity given to you. And because of this, you will suffer and regret it for as short a time as you have left!"

And having said that, Trak Baakl, becomes encased in a dark purple sphere. One that will never be broken, no matter what.

Celerity + Resilient Sphere

@Dietrich Dante & Luke: Anzaril rushes up towards the three of you and uses the rod given to her by Aenar as a powerful spell is cast upon all three of you.

"Go get those two. We may not have another chance.""

Chained Fly

The Ruin Elemental bashes the sphere, confident in smashing it.

But it is to no avail. This sphere was called into existence using powerful magic. No matter how mighty the fist and powerful the strength. No physical power on Oerth will break that, but how can he know that?

Raine flies up to the very damaged Ruin Elemental and uses perhaps her last minor healing spell on the brute.

"Don't be reckless... Anyone have any idea how we can break this sphere and catch Iki?""

Jacob focuses on his surroundings, but this isn't enough to pinpoint her location.

"Without me being able to hear her and with Trak sealed inside that sphere, I am afraid there is nothing I can do right now.""

And having said that, he moves closer to the group.

Humbert bashes the sphere, rage in his eyes as Anzaril looks up at him.

"Your zealotry, I am sure, works wonders against an enemy that fights fair, Humbert. This isn't the case: That fiend was called in by Iki Ryo and he is aware of what you can do, as well as the others. He is licking his wounds inside and the best we can do is have some restraint and wait.

He cannot attack us, either, if that's any consolation. So let's use that to our advantage.""

Aenar places his hand on his chest and sacrifices yet another of his few remaining spells to patch his wounds further.

"That fiend may be hurt, but we cannot reach him... what of Iki? She's still around here, somewhere."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176533)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Ricedaddy
2016-06-22, 10:17 AM
Dietrich fly up to the sphere, "Xander gave me three chances to dispel magic, I had hoped to save the third for Iki but I can use it here. I'm not well versed in the tactical uses of arcane abilities, that was another division in the Dispatch, perhaps a more knowledgeable being can give an opinion?"

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 12:15 AM
@Dietrich: You fly up to the encased Trak and instinctively slice your katana across the sphere as the blade glows green and the evocation is shattered, revealing the monster inside.

GDM

Dante cannot break free of Iki's devious gaze and so, remains on the ground, despite having the ability to fly.

@The Party: Luke looks at at point in space and seems to be having a conversation with someone before disappearing completely from Lugenheim...

But not before leaving something on the ground:

https://cdn0.iconfinder.com/data/icons/fantasy/512/Fantasy_Crystal_ball.png

Know Arcana to ID it

Map
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176608)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Gabrosin
2016-06-23, 04:47 AM
Seeing the demon stripped of his protection, Zephyr fires away.

Full attack, mundane arrows only.

Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack RS: [roll2]
Damage RS: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7]

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 05:03 AM
@Zephyr: the arrows fly towards Trak, but even wounded as he is, they aren't enough to drop him.

And worse, Iki Ryo is nowhere in sight.

And as for that item left behind by Luke... it looks magical. Maybe.

You have not seen such an object before in your life, despite the many mages you have hunted down before.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176608)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luke
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Chimaera
2016-06-23, 07:27 AM
Seeing the item left by Luke and realizing what it is, Johann dash through the battlefield in reckless hurry.

Moving x4, no dex on AC.
Running to the pearl

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 07:44 AM
@Johann: And just like that, Luke is gone, whisked away by some unknown power.

Hopefully sonwhere safe.

But he left something behind.

Something you have seen, back in your days as an apprentice mage at Runestone, but not been allowed to use them, rare as they are.

The Parthenomageia Ovum, or Omni Pearl. These rare and very powerful magic items are crafted exclusively in Runestone. Nobody but the most powerful teachers in the arcane know how to make one.

It is rumored that the original was created by Runestone's founder, but it has not been seen in hundreds of years.

These copies may not be as mighty as the original, but to a caster- be it a priest or a wizard- it is a blessing.

The Omni Pearl works just like a Pearl of Power. That is, a caster merely need spend a few seconds holding it and he or she can retrieve a lost spell- even one lost due to death and sudden resurrection.

What differs from the more mundane pearls is that the Omni has several spell powers swirling inside- usually nine, sometimes more. Never less.

The power of the Omni Pearl is such that one may recall a metamagic spell already cast and lost, but this depletes the pearl by two charges.

Once all nine spell powers have been used up, the Omni Pearl shatters. Unlike Pearls of power, they do not recharge each day.

Reason why Runestone High Arcana Masters keep them secure only for the most dire of circumstances.

Dudu
2016-06-23, 03:48 PM
Eveline is more worried about Iki than her demon puppet.

She starts flying and casts one of her defensive spells.

Dante said those creatures are demons, so this might protect me to some degree

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176698)

Dante is paralysed

Eveline flies 20ft above the ground and near Dante. She also casts Protection from Chaos

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12
Paralysed

Eveline: HP 81/90 (9 damage is vile)
Fast Healing 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 04:22 PM
@Eveline: You rise twenty feet above ground, ready to charge Trak Baakl, not before protecting your body against the Raw Chaos that runs rampant through this fiend's reality.

And it is then that you see Johann running like a mad man, shoving Aenar to the side as he stops and pants in front of that pearl, left behind by Luke.

Round 10

@The Party: Trak Baakl is still dazed, but this condition is wearing off just when Dietrich and Humbert are about to swing their blades at him.

And so, tilting his head back once more, the babau demon laughs as his entire body disappears completely from sight.

Celerity + Greater Teleport SLA

Jacob keeps his bow aimed around the Sanctum.

"Is he still here?""

Anzaril shakes her head and walks up to Jacob, granting him too the ability to fly.

"No. That was not him going invisible- Trak Baakl fled using a Greater Teleport, a spell many demons are born with. Depending on his time spent here on Oerth, he could be anywhere.""

Humbert looks down at both and nods.

"Trak used to have a minor cult many miles from here. That's where Draegi and I found and fought him, but he likely traveled to other places as well. If that spell is as good as you say, he could indeed be anywhere right now."

Aenar checks his mace and walks towards the group.

"But that fiend is not the main target here. He must be vanquished, yes. But Iki is the main threat- did she teleport as well?""

Anzaril shakes her head.

"No. Iki Ryo has a few arcane tricks, but not the most powerful ones such as the one Trak used. She should still be here, somewhere- she used the Greater Invisibility spell to conceal herself.

For all we know, she could be right behind us at this very moment.""

Map
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176712)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Gabrosin
2016-06-23, 04:29 PM
Zephyr flies higher, getting himself 30' off the ground and patrolling in a lazy circle, waiting to see if Johann or one of the others can reveal Iki's location.

Move as indicated, remaining near Zephyr's current location and keeping a good view of the entire chamber. Ready a standard action to fire a normal arrow at Iki should she become visible. Will repeat this action each round until something changes.

Chimaera
2016-06-23, 05:22 PM
Johann finish his dash and pick up the pearl.
He look at Dante who seems to have managed to break the paralysis and contact him telepathically.

"This pearl allow we vaster to recover spells we have already cast. I'll use it to recover some and will give it to you, so you can recover some as well".

He then focus on the pearl and open his mind.

Superior Resistance, Howling Chain, Celerity, Antimagic Field and Illusory Field

He then moves beside Dante.
"Seems your friend abandoned you, Iki".

Dudu
2016-06-23, 05:34 PM
Dante is slowly recovering his movements. He was able to watch everything happening without being able to do a thing, utter nightmarish. When he finally recovers his ability to talk, he mumbles:

"Dis... disperse"

Eve thinks she knows what he means. Iki probably didn't run away, but is hiding somewhere, probably recovering herself, buffing, just to return and unleash the meanest trick she has.

And if said trick is affects an area, better disperse, so she flies to the edge of the room. Dante can barely move, so he 5 steps a little, away from his comrades.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176720)

Dante used his fullround to recover from paralysis and 5 steps to NW
Eve goes to the corner and goes full defense

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12
Paralysed

Fast Healing 10
Protection from Chaos (he gets +2 to AC and saves vs chaos)

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 06:35 PM
@Johann: You pick up the Omni Pearl and feel the arcane surge opening up your mind as you recover one of the many spells only your amazing mind can hold.

And then you keep the pearl and taunt Iki Ryo, hoping to reveal her presence...

But all you get is silence in return. She did not teleport. The demon did.

She's around here, invisible... but where?

@Zephyr: You ascend as high as you can and circle the Sanctum, foot bow always ready.

If Iki so much as shows her face, you will kill her. That's a given. Your arrow will never miss.

@Dante: Eveline nods and flies away from you, knowing that a dispersal might be the best course of action at this point.

Raine, Humbert and the very damaged Elemental follow suit and try and cover different areas of the sanctum- if The Deceitful Winter has some nasty surprise in store, she will not catch all of you grouped together.

Aenar provides a minute measure of healing to Jacob, but that's as much as he can do before the Eternal Archer takes to the skies as well.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176722)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar
Ruin Elemental

Ricedaddy
2016-06-23, 10:48 PM
Dietrich begins a slow patrol, Eyes sharp and katana held ready in front of him.

AlanBruce
2016-06-23, 11:21 PM
@Dietrich: You remain aloft and try and find where this elusive witch and her demon pet may have gone off to...

But there are no signs of either as the rest keep a steady patrol around the Sanctum.

Maybe you did scare her off after all.

Round 11

@The Party: The winds inside the Sanctum below Lugenheim begin to increase as crackles of electricity surge on the icy floor and the ruined roof, which causes most to look at Raine.

"That isn't my spell...""

But before the half fey has a chance to end her sentence, a gigantic swirling vortex made of clouds and lightning becomes conjured from the frozen air, towering above even the Ruin Elemental:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/a3/66/47a36631f3a5a5099e56dfe432d3a5d8.jpg

Know. the Planes to ID it

What on Oerth... Iki Ryo summoned this thing from who knows where! No wonder she was silent all this time.

@Everyone EXCEPT Zephyr & Jacob: The man shaped tornado wastes no time as it gathers copious amounts of wind and lightning into its body and discharges them in a sixty foot radius, potentially catching everyone.

32 sonic damage Fortitude DC 24 for half

The blast is so tremendous, that the Ruin Elemental is utterly destroyed by the shock wave.

Humbert is caught by the shockwave full on, but his paladin soul is as tough as the steel he wields.

Raine grits her teeth as her wings threaten to be torn apart by the hurricane force winds from this beast, but she's tough... she can take it.

Aenar fares no better than the Elemental, but the pelorite is still standing.

Anzaril takes the blast head on, just like Aenar, but the Fen Witch has not been struck as severely and so, she remains.

But that isn't the worse as the monstrous cloud discharges an effect, not too different from a lightning bolt, catching both Anzaril and Aenar in its path, leaving the priest hanging by a thread.

@Johann: It's a ridiculously fast stroke of lightning that seeks to numb your entire body and drop you down.

23 non lethal electric damage. Fortitude DC 24 for half

@Zephyr: It's Iki's laughter somewhere in the room as your allies are punished further down by that colossal monstrosity.

You cannot find me, raptoran. You never will...

But I see you!

It's a cone of spectral green ice shards that assault your body, but do not hurt you physically.

Iki's taking away every single protection on you!

Disobedience
Mass Conviction
Recitation
Protection from Evil

@The Party: She's summoned another being from a different reality... and this one seems like a real bruiser...

And yet, no sign of Iki Ryo!

Aenar is quick to heal a very small amount of his wounds and moves as back as possible.

Anzaril looks at the gigantic beast and utters a quick incantation, which causes her body to become semi ghostlike and flicker intermittently.

Blink

Raine ducks and weaves as she flies towards the cloudy behemoth, fist turning wraithlike and manages to duck the monster's mighty arm as her own fist punches the thing...

Not a single scratch! Not even a bruise!

Humbert flies towards the cloud summoned by Iki and with the aid of Fenvarel he manages to hit it...

But this thing has a tremendous resistance and it doesn't seem to be evil, unlike Iki and Trak.

This is just some storm given life.

Jacob fires every single arrow, which hits beautifully, causing a tremendous sound wave...

But something's wrong.

This creature isn't being hurt by Jacob's arrows- he's being healed!

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176745)

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter, Trak Baakl & Storm Elemental
Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-23, 11:49 PM
Since no one has been able to help locate Iki, Zephyr fires away at the elemental. He directs his thoughts towards Johann. We should consider leaving. We rescued those we came here to rescue, and we broke the power of this place. Taking a bauble off this witch is not worth our lives.

As always, these attacks overcome damage reduction.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] (Raptor Arrow)

Attack RS: [roll3]
Damage RS: [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]

Attack 3: [roll7]
Damage 3: [roll8]

AlanBruce
2016-06-24, 12:33 AM
@Zephyr: You relay the information to Johann mentally.

Why even remain here? Those who had to be rescued have been. There is nothing else you can take from Iki, but some petty bauble.

And so, not waiting for his response, you fire at the gigantic cloud beast, most of your arrows hitting it, but not enough to drop it.

Anzaril listens in on the conversation and shakes her head.

Think about it, Zephyr- we escape, yes. We let Lugenheim be destroyed and Iki alive.

What happens if we reach Glacielheim to face Windemere? You think Iki won't be there as her back up? We wouldn't even stand a chance against the two in tandem.

Let alone her following us through the woods before we reached Glacielheim.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176746)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Ricedaddy
2016-06-24, 07:13 AM
That storm elemental came out of nowhere. After watching it electrocute himself and his friends, he glides the short remaining distance and lets loose, hoping his katana can find something solid to cut.

Full attack w/ 5ft step one square east
Power attack: -3/+6

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] and [roll2] fire
Attack 2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] and [roll5] fire
Attack 3: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] and [roll8] fire

AlanBruce
2016-06-24, 10:14 AM
@Dietrich: Yet another monster has been whisked in from thin air!

This witch is trying to exhaust you before she can show up again and end you, but she's probably at the end of her rope.

There are only so many creatures she can call!

And so, your blazing katana strikes the windy monstrosity twice, but the tempered steel isn't tough enough to cause significant damage.

It burns, yes, but it hardly bleeds, shown as wisps of clouds escaping uneven wounds in its hurricane shaped body.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176767)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Chimaera
2016-06-24, 02:56 PM
Johann keep focusing on the pearl, recovering yet another spell.

Recovering Howling Chain

He then hand it to Dante and telepathically send to Eveline and Dietrich, "I need to reach Eveline. Can you help me with that?".

Dudu
2016-06-24, 03:47 PM
Dante receives the powerful artifact in his hands.

Allright, here goes, I need your help again, old friend...

Eve receives Johann's telephatic message and moves to him. Whispering.

"If that message came from you, mage, tell me."

It's a bit comic how she looks startled. But Dante already told her some creatures are able to comunicate telephatically, and even humans can learn how to do so.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176779)

Dante recovers SMA VII and moves a bit far from them.

Eveline aproaches Johann and goes TD... again.

Dante: HP 147/103
Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12

Eveline: HP 75/90 (9 damage is vile)
Fast Healing 10

AlanBruce
2016-06-25, 12:36 AM
@Johann & Dante: Both share the Omni Pearl, gathering as much arcane and divine power from it to awaken your mind and soul in order to give Iki Ryo one final bout.

Eveline decides to once again protect herself as much as she can- who knows how strong this monster can hit?

And it is at that moment that those who benefited from Johann's Haste spell are no longer sped up, the battle having lasted longer than the spell's duration.

Round 12

@Dietrich: It;s a massive buffeting wind that nearly knocks the lights out of you as the cyclone shaped beast punishes you with tremendous strength.

35 damage plus 9 electric damage

Humbert gets bashed as well. And the paladin is gravely hurt, but because he's an aasimar, his celestial nature is able to avert the aftershock of such a slam.

@Zephyr: That giant cloud thing isn't going down anytime soon, but perhaps another volley from your foot bow and...

That's when you feel a malevolent chill in your legs and talons as these turn black and shriveled, causing the foot bow to nearly drop from them... or at the very best, become obsolete in your possession.

Wither Limb- Fortitude DC 28 negates.

Aenar casts a classic divine spell on him, just to make his mace hits hurt that much more.

Bull's Strength

Jacob fires his arrows, but two miss its mark completely and the two that do hit, manage to hurt the cloudy beast significantly... even with the sonic bursts mending a few of its wounds, but not by much.

Raine is not in her element here- despite the kicks and punches, these aren't strong enough to even inconvenience this creature.

Humbert manages to cut the creature, but not as much as he'd like.

Anzaril draws a simple shadowy sigil in the air in front of her as the gigantic cloud beast looks at it and this one disappears from everyone's sight....

It's utter fear that shows on the summon's face as something unseen attacks its very mind, but in he end, the creature is hardy enough to resist whatever she was going to do to him.

Phantasmal Killer

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176792)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-25, 04:35 AM
Zephyr feels his talons starting to shrivel under the effects of Iki's spell, but even without the stripped away layers of protection, he's able to hold off the deterioration. He shouts out to the rest of his party, "She's still here and still trying to take me out of the sky... someone needs to get her visible again!" Then he continues attacking the sentient tornado.

Full attack on the elemental.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] (Raptor Arrow)

Attack RS: [roll3]
Damage RS: [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]

Attack 3: [roll7]
Damage 3: [roll8]

AlanBruce
2016-06-25, 11:51 AM
@Zephyr: Against all odds, you are able to shake off Iki Ryo's malevolent influence on your body and alert the others that the Deceitful Winter is still here.

Anzaril opens a link between you and anyone within range:

Of course she's still here- she has used the Greater Invisibility spell to veil herself. We need to pinpoint her location and once that is done, I can expose her- she will not be able to hide anymore.

And then you proceed to shoot the monstrous cloud that batters Dietrich and Humbert with impunity, your shots true and precise...

Yet it isn't going down!

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176792)

Dante & Eveline
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Dudu
2016-06-25, 01:27 PM
"Milvago, we need your sight once again."

One more time, you see the Avoral appears on Dante's command, charging his true sight ability.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176806)

Dante uses fullround to summon the avoral and 5 steps a bit further

Avoral is charging his true sight

will post Eveline's actions after Johann

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12

Fast Healing 10

Chimaera
2016-06-25, 02:29 PM
"You can just think back and I'll answer", he tells Eveline and touch her hooded forehead, "[i]Find that creature for us, please?[/b]".

Burning AMF to spontaneous cast it on Eveline

AlanBruce
2016-06-25, 11:50 PM
@Johann: You could just wink out this elemental, but finding Iki Ryo is a top priority...

And so, you employ one of your many wizardly tricks and grant Eveline the chance to find her, no matter what illusion she uses.

@Dante: You call out to Mivalgo, as golden light begins to shed amidst the cracks of the ruined ceiling in the Sanctum.

It will take a few precious seconds, but the Avoral should be here soon to help you finish off that witch.

@Eveline: You fly a few feet away from the group and stop.

There she is... the Deceitful Winter.

She's still flying, but then again, so are you.

The problem is that she isn't alone.

Unseen to the others, Trak Baakl is also here. He must've teleported somewhere to lick his wounds and better prepare himself.

The spell he has on is not as powerful as that of Iki's but the Winterhaunt takes precedence.

And so, calling on the powers of the Light, you bathe the Yuki O Na in white motes of sparkling energy as her presence is made known to everyone in the Sanctum.

Round 13

@Zephyr: Iki Ryo looks at Eveline who has not managed to blind her, but has exposed her to everyone- an easy target.

"I grow tired of that Lumi... Trak! Show that hooded whore what a mistake it is to face you so protected...

This time, the raptoran will fall.""

And so, Iki Ryo floats up to you and places her hand upon your chest, causing your entire body to freeze and grow incredibly numb as the Winterhaunt smiles.

"Let us see how good you are now, Zephyr!''

15 Dexterity penalty

@Eveline: Trak Baakl's right hand becomes illuminated with a white light, as your body responds to it.

"So many spells... so much PAIN!""

The power this demon wields is monstrous as your protections are not removed, but are being used against you!

61 damage, Will DC 22 for half. If the save is failed, a Fortitude DC 22 or be dazed for 4 rounds

@The Party: And it is at this point that the demon is also shown to all of you, flying a few feet away from Iki Ryo as Zephyr's body becomes encased in a thin ice patina.

@Johann: The gigantic elemental directs its gaze down at you, following some quick instructions from Iki Ryo and pummels your fragile body.

22 damage plus 4 electric damage

Humbert is bashed fiercely. So much that he gets the wind knocked out of him and only because he has a flight spell on, is he able to remain floating unconscious and not plummet to his death.

Jacob turns to look at Iki and pulls back on his bow.

"It's over now!""

And as the arrows fly towards the Deceitful Winter, Iki Ryo looks at Trak.

"Do it now!""

It's a tilt back on his demonic skull that causes Trak Baakl to yell in abyssal as the gigantic Elemental moves through Space Time and interposes himself between Iki and the arrows directed at her, hurting him, but not as much.

Celerity + Dimension Step

The Deceitful winter laughs as her summon takes the arrows, effectively providing her cover from Jacob.

"So close, Guardian... and yet so far away.""

Humbert is reawakened by Arrallae's Perseverance and speeds down to the ground towards Aenar, who provides him a tiny measure of healing from his own depleting repertoire.

Raine flies as fast as she can towards the action, avoiding the beast's fist, but not able to cause much of an impact to his cloudy bulk.

Anzaril listens to Iki's laughter behind the elemental and once more uses her arcane powers as the cloud monolith watches something in sheer horror and howls like a raging storm as his entire essence disperses into the icy winds of Lugenheim.

The Phantasmal Killer finally paid off as the Fen Witch gets closer towards the duo.

"No more big brutes to shield you, Iki... you are finished.""

@Dante: The call is answered as Mivalgo once again returns to the Material and watches the battle rage on.

"It is that witch... the one who paralyzed me last time. Shall we put an end to her existence?""

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176836)

Dante, Eveline & Mivalgo
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Gabrosin
2016-06-26, 12:08 AM
Finally, Iki is once again revealed. She unleashes another chill spell on Zephyr, taking away a great deal of his mobility... but not so much that he can't continue to strike at her. Time to put an end to this, he thinks. Calling on his belt to provide him with some extra distance from the fey, he launches another full volley of arrows, thankful for Arrallae's benedictions that keep them firing true.

Belt of Battle for a move action and then a full skirmish attack against Iki.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] (skirmish/precision)

Attack RS: [roll4]
Damage RS: [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] (skirmish/precision)

Attack 2: [roll8]
Damage 2: [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] (skirmish/precision)

Attack 3: [roll12]
Damage 3: [roll13] + [roll14] + [roll15] (skirmish/precision)

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176837)

Chimaera
2016-06-26, 12:30 AM
Johann smile as the enemies are revealed and send more annoying magic missiles at Iki's face.

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2016-06-26, 01:23 AM
@Zephyr: Once again activating another charge from your belt, you gain some movement away from Iki Ryo, but at a cost, as her hand slaps you across the face, leaving an icy print on your cheek.

10 damage plus 14 piercing cold damage

But yet you are undeterred, as your arrows fly towards the Deceitful Winter and this one manages to dodge a few, but the others strike her rather well, despite being an elemental herself, much like many of the enemies faced in Lugenheim so far.

"You still have the strength to use that damn bow, Zephyr? I killed you once... and I can do so again!""

But her words are interrupted as a blast of force punches Iki's face from afar and Johann lowers Silas' wand.

"Johann! You miserable little maggot! I am done playing with all of you: I will unmake you!""

It's been a long battle, but the tide is turning.

Maybe now, if all combine an assault against her, you may put an end to this cruel Winterhaunt.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176838)

Dante, Eveline & Mivalgo
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Dudu
2016-06-26, 02:36 AM
His trusty guardinal ally is once again in the field.

"That woman again, human? I'm surprised none of you felled each other yet."

"Actually, she did kill me. I'm calling you to help me make her pay back. Let's keep it simple now. Slow and steady damage is the way to go. Just fly away from the others, it's one way to stay alive in this place..."

He knows exactly what Dante means with "steady". So he flyes closer to the wall, some 10ft above the ground. Some feathers of his wing glows silver and he unleashes them towards Iki, four missiles of pure energy.

The four barely reaches her when Eveline comes with blinding speed charging at her.

"Don't you run away from me, witch. Your demonic ally won't save you."

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176839)

Dante moves and goes total defense

Milvago launches four magic missiles at Iki
[roll0]

Eveline charges at Iki
atk [roll1] dmg [roll2] + [roll3] (holy)

Fast Healing 10
Atk +15 dmg 2d8+12

Eveline: HP 61/90 (9 damage is vile)
AC: 18/10/18 (Charging -2)
Fast Healing 10
Atk +30 dmg 1d8+17 (+2d6 vs Evil) Wielding with both hands

Milvago HP 80/80
AC: 24/16/18
Saves (Fort/Ref/Will): 12/11/8

AlanBruce
2016-06-26, 03:30 AM
@Dante: Mivalgo barrages Iki Ryo with more magic missiles in the face as her features begin to crack.

Eveline charges at the Deceitful Winter and smashes the witch with her mace, causing the Yuki O Na to cry in pain.

"I have had ENOUGH! Your summons are no match for me, Jasidan!""

Round 14

@Eveline: Iki Ryo grips her scythe with both hands and smiles as she locks eyes on you.

"The question is, Lumi: who will protect you?""

And so, bolstered by one of her many divine protections, Iki Ryo begins to punish the Lumi Crusader with her scythe, which channels malevolent energy, enough to bypass her own divine protections.

12 damage plus 11 unholy damage

11 damage plus 8 unholy damage

12 damage plus 4 unholy damage

11 damage plus 9 unholy damage

"Good bye... Eve. Hahahahhahahahaa!!!!""

@Zephyr: Iki Ryo moves across the frigid air of Lugenheim and sets her gaze on you, as she attempts to bring you down.

"Fall, Zephyr!""

As Hold Monster. Will DC 34 negates. If the save is failed, Zephyr drops and takes 5 falling damage

Raine flies up towards Iki and tries to kick her head off her shoulders, but the witch of Lugenheim uses her scythe to parry at the last moment.

"You were so strong before, abomination... guess killing you and bringing you back has made you as useful as the pelorite... hehehhehhee!""

Anzaril attempts once more to catch Trak Baakl in the Bands of Steel spell, but this time, the babau is able to avoid the worst, being merely entangled.

Humbert wastes no time and flies as fast and as high as he can towards Trak, but the surge of speed has left him spent, merely getting face to face with the babau.

Aenar rushes forward as well. No spells being cast this time.

Jacob gets ready to fire his bow and Iki raises her hand.

"You shoot at me, Guardian, and my glance will kill Zephyr. It is no normal paralysis this time- it has the power to consume his soul utterly. So much so, that not even Arrallae will be able to bring him back.""

DC 24 Sense Motive

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=176841)

Dante, Eveline & Mivalgo
Anzaril
Zephyr
Dietrich
Johann
Jacob
Humbert
Luna
Aenar

Dudu
2016-06-26, 04:22 AM
The world stops for Dante. He knew that Iki intended to kill Eveline ever since she saw the Lumi. He knew Eve was being reckless. And he could have saved with one his tricky eternal wands, but he didn't. He is becoming weary of this battle, and the lumi paid the price.

The avoral looks at him. The cleric seems is truly lost in his thoughs

"Dante...?"

"Keep shooting. I'm a cleric afterall, bringing Eveline back to life is within my powers. Apologizing to her is also within my powers, so I will do both."

"Not about that only, but Iki is clearly lying. Tell your friend to shoot at his heart desire. Her paralyse is frightening, but even so it doesn't do half what she claims it does."

"...I see. Thanks again, Milvago."

During their talk, Dante was staring blankly at Eve's selfless corpse. When the avoral tells about Iki's bluff, he snaps. The battle is still raging, not the time to mourn even more so considering I can revert it

So, he shouts

"Ignore her! She's desperate! Those are filthy lies! Her paralyse won't kill Zephyr!"

Milvago certainly has no doubts that it's merely Iki's cheap talk and unleashes another volley of missiles at her.

"You're desperate, aren't you, Iki Ryo? I can bring Eveline back, slash her with all the anger you can muster. But who will bring you back once we kill you right here, in this palace?"

Dante uses his move to get his wand, and readies benign transposition. If any ally gets targeted by some Iki's evil spell, he'll switch places with him

Milvago shoots his magic missiles [roll0]

Map and status stay as the previous post, except Eve is dead.

AlanBruce
2016-06-26, 05:19 AM
@Dante: Eveline drops on the ground as her wings and celestial countenance disappear and Zephyr most likely gets trapped in her paralyzing glance again.

This witch has wrought so much death and misery...

You will bring back Eveline. You will apologize to her for being reckless...

But all that will be done once Iki Ryo ceases to be.

@The Party: Jacob's hand shakes as he aims the bow at the Deceitful Winter, sweat running down his brow.

Can he bring about the death of Zephyr once more? And by his hand, no less?

And it is then that Mivalgo sees through her lies and informs Dante on what must be done, as Humbert, Aenar, Raine and Anzaril look at the Eternal Archer.

"Do not believe in her words, Jacob!"

"She is a witch who uses deceit. You are better than that!"

"Finish her off! We won't have another chance such as this!""

"It is true, ranger- this house and it's cruel retainer shall be buried here forever.""

Jacob looks up at Iki as her eyes widen in true fear.

Trak Baakl realizes that the jig is up and uses his own sorcerous powers to bend Time & space and teleport out of Lugenheim, which causes Iki to look at his as he vanishes.

"You fool! I was winning here! Coward!""

You were never winning, Iki Ryo- that is the biggest Lie of them all. One that you fell for.

Everyone turns around and the end of the sanctum, appears the Song of Sorrow, but he isn't alone:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/190/7/e/the_sorcerer_by_artgutierrez-d6cm29n.jpg

To those who know him, it's Xander Corillian, the magus who dies earlier by one of her malignant spells.

The mage grips his own runestaff and points his finger at Iki.

"Answer for all the atrocities you have committed, Winterhaunt. Jacob, do not hesitate. She said I was dead... and that was a lie too.""

And so, the Eternal Archer aims his bow at Iki, whose body begins to crack and flakes of frozen skin fall off her as the entire Sanctum begins to crumble.

"How is it possible that I, the Herald's finest, was defeated by a handful of mortals? I, who harnessed the powers of Iborighu. Who brought all of them to their knees and sent them to the Shadow...

Why????!!!""

The four arrows pierce Iki Ryo- three in the chest and one in the left eye as the Winterhaunt drops to the ground, her many protections gone as the entire building begins to collapse and her face cracks even more, showing a frozen skull beneath.

I lost because they believed in themselves... despite all my tricks- they never gave up.

And it is because of that... that I am no more.

And so, Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter. Ruler of Lugenheim and cruel servant to Iborighu and the Court of Sorrows is crushed under a frozen beam as the entire Hall of Lies begins to unmake itself.

Anzaril calls all of you to her, as does Xander.

"Time for us to be gone from this House... and to take those who valiantly fought by our side."

Dante cradles Eveline's body as both Xander and Anzaril get all of you outside the crumbling halls of Lugenheim and in an impressive display of arcane magic, all of you are brought outside the House of Lies as this one crumbles and unmakes itself, the trees taking root where once the ornate steps once lead to the red door.

The symbol of Iborighu forever erased from these woods.

Raine drops on the snow and sighs as she chuckles for a few seconds before passing out from exhaustion.

Jacob stands firm, bow in hand as he watches the destruction of Lugenheim, as does Anzaril, who crosses her arms and stay silent, making sure the Hall of Lies is completely unmade.

Humbert uses Aenar as support, as both intone a silent prayer in thanks to Pelor.

The Song of Sorrow looks at his many wounds, mainly caused by Adalyse and walks up to the remains of the house.

"I know it must be around here... yes! Here it is.""

And so, the Ruin Chanter takes out a gem that you have seen already:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/025/1/6145536/il_340x270.563277304_f537.jpg

"Well then... I suppose you have questions. I for one, have two things to give you first:

My gratitude.

And second, a question for you: What do you know about what is happening here?

(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492781-The-Eternal-Winter-IC-2&p=20934451#post20934451)