PDA

View Full Version : OOTS confessions

stabbybelkar
2007-06-29, 12:01 PM
Stabbybelkar here, this thred is here so that you can admit things that now shame you.

I'll start, while she was traking the order and fighting them I thought miko was cool

doliemaster
2007-06-29, 12:06 PM
Stabbybelkar here, this thred is here so that you can admit things that now shame you.

I'll start, while she was traking the order and fighting them I thought miko was cool

I to commited to that sin, heck I thought Miko was cool up until the time the Hotel blew up, a little over-eager but awsome, then AFTER the hotel blew up I started my hatred.

I am still hoping V goes evil.

I am sure I have others, but I am having a hard time remebering them.

Snipers_Promise
2007-06-29, 12:22 PM
I dont own any books and I use wiki to find out spoilers. I have sinned.

Tmabbbb
2007-06-29, 12:25 PM
I did not know that Haley loved Elan until the bandit story arc.

Omicroncubed
2007-06-29, 01:15 PM
Might be out of topic, but it still is a confession:

When I was reading OOTS at someone elses, I can't remember where, I was reading comics, then I had to go home for a reason I (again) can't remember. I read strip 362. Grand Theft Identity (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0362.html). After I came home, I thought of reading more of OOTS because at that time, I hadn't finished all the strips but I also wondered: ''Now what strip did I end in? I'm pretty sure it was a little bit over 400 or so.''

Well then I thought, ok it was this one, but I ended up with 402. Speaking from the heart (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0402.html). Then I was like, ''where the hell did Nale get that outfit? why's Haley calling Nale a honey, I haven't seen a kiss yet?'' Then I read rest of the strips that were done so far (that was about 441. Getting ahead and staying ahead (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0441.html)).
I thought of making an OOTS game starring Elan in strips 367+387-400 on powerpoint
Then I decided, sience this whole thing with Elan (who I by then halfly thought that was still Nale after seeing Nale himself in Azure City Prison) is really fishy, I was going to read back from 362. It's a good thing I did it though! I mean strip 468 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0468.html) would have then gotten me all ''O_O WTF''

EDIT:

You know what? Neither did I. Took me till Haley saying I'm in love with y... ukuleles (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0184.html)

Elfanatic
2007-06-29, 01:16 PM
I once played a level 10 warrior named Roy Greenhilt (this particulier game was against heathens who had never read OotS), and got him killed trying to leap over a gap.

Uzraid
2007-06-29, 01:23 PM
My L5 dwarf cleric is a direct Durkon ripoff, although his deity is Mahal instead of Thor. Does that count as a confession?

U

Megalomaniac2
2007-06-29, 01:27 PM
During the "Battle of Cliffport" arc, I was convinced that Belkar and Pompey were going to team up to kill Vaarsuvius, then strike out on their own.

Dalenthas
2007-06-29, 01:28 PM
I'm in love with Haley.

Jinura
2007-06-29, 01:33 PM
I think that Sabina ( or was it Sabrina canīt remember and to lazy to check, anyways :sabine: then)
is one smooth sexy b**ch and very hot.

David Argall
2007-06-29, 01:57 PM
I don't count it as a confession, but if I run a paladin, it will be Miko.

Oxymoron
2007-06-29, 02:04 PM
I feel warm and fuzzy inside each time I kill a player in the sessions I DM.

(I don`t kill them on purpose though, I`m evil but fair).

Cade Shadow
2007-06-29, 02:19 PM

I didn't get it then. I didn't get it until the inner conflict thing.

AKA_Bait
2007-06-29, 02:24 PM
I feel warm and fuzzy inside each time I kill a player in the sessions I DM.

(I don`t kill them on purpose though, I`m evil but fair).

On that note, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside each time I totally bumfugger the DM's planned plotline and leave them scrambling through notes for 40 mins.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-29, 05:00 PM
There is a thread in the Arts and Crafts forum called OOTS-style house of horrors. Some1 made female Elan, and I thought she was HOT!!!! :smalleek: (yes i knew it was elan!)

Cubey
2007-06-29, 05:05 PM
this thred is here so that you can admit things that now shame you.

I... I'm not sure you want to hear that. Okay. I'll try my best. Just don't be disgusted. Here goes.

I used to... like Haley as a character.

*slumps in embarassment*

Duke Malagigi
2007-06-29, 05:16 PM
I've always thought that Captain James T. Kirk would make a much better paladin than Miko, just the way he is. Is that shameful enough?

evileeyore
2007-06-29, 05:54 PM
I've always thought that Captain James T. Kirk would make a much better paladin than Miko, just the way he is. Is that shameful enough?No one is better than Kirk, no one.

I still think Miko was one of the best thought out characters in the strips.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-29, 06:24 PM
I had been hoping that Elan and Haley would hook up since before reading Strip 100.

Green Bean
2007-06-29, 06:29 PM
I use random OotS phrases in ordinary conversation with non-readers.

"Your approval fills me with shame"

"It has become unto a tiny refreshing god!"

etc.

teratorn
2007-06-29, 06:53 PM
These are stick figures and such but I hate Belkar, really truly hate him. I would gladly give hundreds of $ for a book where I could see Belkar being killed, raised and killed again, in all possible and painful ways possible: boiled, grilled, impaled, cut to pieces, put in acid, whatever.

I know, it's not healthy.

Shadic
2007-06-29, 07:02 PM
I think that Sabina ( or was it Sabrina canīt remember and to lazy to check, anyways :sabine: then)
is one smooth sexy b**ch and very hot.

You can't even remember her name? You must have all the girls swooning over your suavity.

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-06-29, 07:46 PM
I have made dozens of characters based on OotS people, the only one that worked really well was oddly enough the Belkar-ish one.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-29, 11:03 PM
I use random OotS phrases in ordinary conversation with non-readers.

"Your approval fills me with shame"

"It has become unto a tiny refreshing god!"

etc.

Me too. When friends are doing really stupid stuff, I use, "If I don't look directly at it, it can't kill my brain." Not to mention, "Excuse me, I need to go soak my brain in battery acid." I made up my own version, "Excuse me, where's the nearest brick wall? I need to slam my face against it repeatedly." Also, "Your approval fills me with shame." and "And so begins yet another conversation that will test the limits of my sanity." and "Although, I suppose your presence will negate rational thought within a 20 ft. radius, so go ahead." and "It's like watching my life, but from the outside." The more I think about it, the more I realize how quotable Roy is! Wow, I'd never noticed, really.

Also, I used to think Vaarsuvius was Varsivus. They called him/her V too much for me to pay much attention to the spelling or even pronounciation of the full name.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-29, 11:04 PM
You can't even remember her name? You must have all the girls swooning over your suavity.

ROFL! Sorry to double-post, but that is a crack-up.

Oh, and by the way, another confession: Strip 35 turns me on.

Gallanoth
2007-06-29, 11:06 PM

I too did not know. You are not alone. Also I really want V to go CE and Belkar to go LG. I HAVE NO SHAME!!

Platinum_Mongoose
2007-06-29, 11:12 PM
Miko is my second favorite character, after Elan. (Redcloak is 3rd, Belkar is 4th, Thog is 5th.)

I think that Redcloak is either the true villain of the strip, or will turn on Xykon and redeem his evil ways before the end. Either way would make me happy.

Spiky
2007-06-29, 11:26 PM
I can spell 4 and 5 letter words correctly, yet I post here.
Sorry to be an embarrassment.

Haruki-kun
2007-06-30, 01:27 AM
My Ragnarok Online Wizard's name is Vaarsuvius. Spelled correctly with no numbers or weird symbols *_+~.

My thief's name is Xykon, same case.

(THEY ARE BOTH JUST SUCH COOL NAMES!!!!!!!!)

The_Hunting_Enemy
2007-06-30, 05:02 AM
When Haley landed on Elan during the first Xykon battle I said: 'Those two are totally gonna hook up'

Also, I once used a dwarf with a scottish accent in an MMO, I even made him a cleric.

evileeyore
2007-06-30, 05:19 AM
Oh, and by the way, another confession: Strip 35 turns me on.#35 was sweet, but I think #355 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0355.html) was a lot hotter.

When she goes through the window I get all wobbly in the knees. And Roy tossing her piercing down to her is the money shot...

Setra
2007-06-30, 05:33 AM
Here's a confession.

I don't like Belkar. Or Thog.

Edit: Oh wait shameful? Nothing on that note.

Morty
2007-06-30, 07:13 AM
I consider Thog more annoying than funny *hides*.

slipper
2007-06-30, 08:35 AM

The word suavity doesn't make you suave.

It makes you HOT

ChopSticks28
2007-06-30, 01:09 PM
Up untill episode 20 or so, I was pretty damn sure elan is a girl.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-30, 01:14 PM
I like Miko. Not in the romantic connotation, ether, just, I thought she was a generrally likeable, if somewhat tragically misguided charecter. Kinda like Odipus, rather, instead of the whole accidently-sleeping-with-his-mother bit, you have a accidently-killing-the-good-guy bit.

Haley is my favorite charecter, close second is Elan, followed by Miko, then Roy.

I don't like Redcloak, Belkar, Nale, or really even Hinjo (if he goes GreyGuard, I may be tempted to revise this statement. A little, since the stick-up-the-rear is a Paladin class feature in the OotS-verse), much.

Shojo was just... eh. Mr. Plot Device, son of Mr. Disposable Charecter, nothing more.

I find none of these shameful.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-30, 03:30 PM
I dislike Miko more for her inefficient build than for her actions.

Belkar, however, is my hero, no matter how many wasted class features he has.

And like many, I'm in love with Haley. Although Celia can be more physically appealing. Yes, I can find stick figures physically appealing. I have an overactive imagination.

Morty
2007-06-30, 03:32 PM

:smallconfused:

Another confession: I belive that Miko's death is single best thing that happened to this forum.

happyturtle
2007-06-30, 04:46 PM
I'd totally try on a gender change belt if I found one. Well, I'd wash the ogre blood off first...

Kesnit
2007-06-30, 05:03 PM
I can't stand :roy:. I cheered when he died and hope he stays dead for a long time.

TETanglebrooke
2007-06-30, 05:27 PM
i one time went on for like 30 minutes about how dolies will rule the world during my baking class at school.

Cubey
2007-06-30, 05:33 PM

I on the other hand dislike Haley for BOTH her inefficient build and her actions.

jeffh
2007-06-30, 05:39 PM
#35 was sweet, but I think #355 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0355.html) was a lot hotter.

When she goes through the window I get all wobbly in the knees. And Roy tossing her piercing down to her is the money shot...

It's not a piercing, it's whatever was holding her hair up previously. The comment is presumably abouyt what Roy saw a couple panels earlier.

SolkaTruesilver
2007-06-30, 08:43 PM
I did not wondered wether V was Male or Female until a specific strip where the ambivality was CLEARLY demonstrated for the first time..

Didn't caught the question during the toilet joke.
Didn't caught the question when the Shoeless God of War looked at the lizard's back
Didn't caught it until Sabine and Nale were talking about her(him), and were switching her(his) reference gender...

That hurts..

Setra
2007-06-30, 08:51 PM
I did not wondered wether V was Male or Female until a specific strip where the ambivality was CLEARLY demonstrated for the first time..

Didn't caught the question during the toilet joke.
Didn't caught the question when the Shoeless God of War looked at the lizard's back
Didn't caught it until Sabine and Nale were talking about her(him), and were switching her(his) reference gender...

That hurts..I didn't ntoice the ambiguity til I saw the forums.

I still say V is male.

Firestar27
2007-06-30, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I call my cleric Durkon. (and he's a human cleric. Although, he is represented by a dwarf miniature.)

Nathander
2007-06-30, 11:20 PM
I am still a Miko fan, and unrepentently so. THe only thing I can think of that would make me dislike her would be if she decided to eat babies or something. Of course, this possibility is more unlikely than usual at the moment, considering her current position.

I shed a tear when Roy died. Despite how much I liked Miko, her death didn't make me cry. Yet, still, I couldn't help but shed a tear when I saw Roy's death.

I used to dislike Belkar horribly, but I think I can stand him by now. One character I doubt I will ever like, however, is Xykon. The only thing that I could like about him is when he'll eventually be destroyed.

Talyn
2007-07-01, 01:34 AM
I'm really, really happy that all of Redcloak's family was killed, and only sorry that they somehow missed him. Also, Xykon is only funny when he's the butt of the joke, not the teller.

Oh, and I didn't realize that Celia-the-lawyer was Celia-the-sylph-from-the-dungeon until my second read-through.

Nasrudith
2007-07-01, 02:18 AM
I played Miko as a samurai in nethack several times, once accidentally creating her as a male character with the same name.

Omicroncubed
2007-07-01, 12:57 PM
I got another confession:
I don't get the title for strip 400, Your Ship Has Come In (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html). Has it got something to do with the strip or is it just... something?

Emperor Ing
2007-07-01, 01:03 PM
Dude, thanks for the link, i had forgotten how funny strip #401 was! :smallbiggrin:

Omicroncubed
2007-07-01, 01:22 PM
I didn't put it there for the shortcut to another strip, but your welcome.

Luklan
2007-07-01, 03:11 PM
I never read the titles to comics

Or rather, I pay no attention to the title :smallamused:

JoseB
2007-07-01, 03:17 PM
I don't get the title for strip 400, Your Ship Has Come In (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html). Has it got something to do with the strip or is it just... something?

The "ship" from the title refers to "shipping" (possibly an abbreviation for "worshipping"?) and "shippers". These are fans of a body of literary works that feel strongly about two characters in the story that, in their opinion, should get together. You can have Harry Potter and Hermione Granger "shippers" in Harry Potter fandom, or Lila and Fry "shippers" in Futurama fandom... You get the idea.

Therefore, when in episode #400 Elan and Haley finally got together, the shippers were told that their dreams had come true; their "ship" had come in.

Just my 2 eurocent!

RyQ_TMC
2007-07-01, 03:26 PM
Uh... OK.

I identify myself with Elan, up to the point of getting turned on by Haley, playing multiple musical instruments - and none of them well - and recently, playing Insult Sword Fighting in "Monkey Island" over and over again, so I can feel like a Dashing Swordsman.

Also, all (and I mean ALL) of my D&D characters are Chaotic Good. I think Bards are underestimated and have plans (which actually went quite far) of creating a campaign setting where Bards would be the main focus.

I once had a red-haired GF, does that count as having a virtual relationship with Haley?

I'm not blonde, though. Tough luck. Also, my Charisma is lower than 18.

So, I'm not Elan, but I'd like to be and do my best.

(that's how homicidal mania starts, did you know that?)

PS. I also never ran around naked. But I can try, if it will make me any more Elan-ish.

BardicLasher
2007-07-01, 03:41 PM
Up until I got Start of Darkness and read through it, I was rooting for Xykon in the comic.

Fraz-Urb'luu
2007-07-01, 03:43 PM
I too was one of the Miko fans for quite a long time. However she became boring shortly after the explosion of the hotel.

SteveMB
2007-07-01, 03:48 PM
The "ship" from the title refers to "shipping" (possibly an abbreviation for "worshipping"?) and "shippers". These are fans of a body of literary works that feel strongly about two characters in the story that, in their opinion, should get together.

I'm pretty sure it's short for "relationship(ping)".

Luklan
2007-07-01, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's short for "relationship(ping)".

Ayup. Haley/Elan Relationship = Haley/Elan 'Ship.

etc.

evileeyore
2007-07-01, 08:13 PM
It's not a piercing, it's whatever was holding her hair up previously. The comment is presumably abouyt what Roy saw a couple panels earlier.http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/fist.gif Don't ruin my fantasies!

Dammit, know you got me thinkig it was just her hair tie.

I don't get the title for strip 400, Your Ship Has Come In (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html). Has it got something to do with the strip or is it just... something?"Your ship has come in" is a colloqualism meaning your "good fortune has arrived".

It refers back to the good old days of the Dutch East Indies trading company when entire fortunes were made or lost based on oceanic trade.

Spiky
2007-07-01, 09:26 PM
http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/fist.gif Don't ruin my fantasies!

Dammit, now you got me thinkig it was just her hair tie.

It was just her hair tie, which she dropped. Roy hit her with a sword to knock her out a window, he didn't do anything more....um, precise.

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-02, 01:14 AM
I find Haley attractive, despite being a stick figure. There has to be something wrong there. Very, very wrong.

Daine d'Deneith
2007-07-02, 01:44 AM
Lord Shojo is one of my favorite characters, despite him being an NPC class

Haruki-kun
2007-07-02, 01:45 AM
Confession number 1:
I did not know V was deliberately androgynous. At first I thought s/he was a guy, then a girl, then I simply said I didn't know and waited or someone to call V him/her.

How did I find out V was androgynous? That's right. Wikipedia Article

Confession number 2:
I couldn't believe it when Roy died, but when I realized it was for real, I was happy. Sorry, guys, better him than anyone else in the strip.

Confession number 3:
When Miko died, I was sad. Still am.

I know, there's something wrong with me. Don't remind me.

Caractacus
2007-07-02, 05:28 AM
I am 37 and yet my summer wardrobe is now almost 100% Oots T-shirts.

No, wait... I'm PROUD of that! :smallcool:

Lenny
2007-07-02, 06:51 AM
I once quoted the "I wish I would learn to stop asking questions to whichI will regret learning the answers" - but forgot who said it first.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-07-02, 10:48 AM
Confession number 2:
I couldn't believe it when Roy died, but when I realized it was for real, I was happy. Sorry, guys, better him than anyone else in the strip.

Confession number 3:
When Miko died, I was sad. Still am.

Same.

Mine:
I hated Miko, but I still had hoped for redemption. She would have made a great character if she could have admitted she was wrong.

comicadv
2007-07-02, 11:15 AM

Hey I still think Miko is cool! I hate howshe killed Shojo, I think that was evil of her. But when it comes down to it Miko is cool.

Yeril
2007-07-02, 11:19 AM
Same.

Mine:
I hated Miko, but I still had hoped for redemption. She would have made a great character if she could have admitted she was wrong.

I disagree, Miko wouldn't be Miko if she wasn't a over zealos stick-up-the-ass paladin, and thats why I think Miko is a great character, I was kinda sad when she died but happy that she went out in style, I still hope that she will be back aslong as its in a cool action sequence:cool:

1) I dislike hinjo, he just seems like a plot device to contrast miko.

2) Elan realy isnt that funny most of the time, although the best quote ever is "I GOT A FOUR!"

3) I thought Durokon (yellow wizard guy) and roys fathers teacher wizard was the same person, I was slightly confused at the fact that I saw xykon kill him, only to fight him later on as a lich.

RyQ_TMC
2007-07-02, 11:33 AM
2) Elan realy isnt that funny most of the time

Oi!

YERIL! Your bones will taste deliciously lightly seasoned with nutmeg!

AkodoKoji
2007-07-02, 12:14 PM
#35 was sweet, but I think #355 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0355.html) was a lot hotter.

I want Rich to have a scene, probably a Belkar dream sequence, where Sabina and Haley do naughty things together.

Edit: Throw Celia and Julia in there too.