PDA

View Full Version : Pop Goes The Paladin [IC]

JNAProductions
2016-06-16, 08:24 PM
You are all currently waiting in the anteroom to the High Priest of Feca's room. You have not been given any information, other than that your task would be both vital to the well-being of the world, and would be rewarded handsomely.

With you in the room are three other adventurers, and one very nervous looking acolyte.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-16, 09:40 PM
Ulric snapped shut the book he was reading. "Absolutely interesting. I just read that there is a sort of dragon in the far north that lives in the ocean and spits boiling water. Well, since it is under water, it is less spitting and more just ... pushing a jet of boiling water. But still, it cooks whales and such alive with a sudden burst of super hot water! What an amazing world we live in."

Irish Musician
2016-06-17, 12:12 AM
Gareth Kallid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=845797), Soldier of Fortune
Gareth sat with the rest, summoned to the High Priest's chamber, faithful pa there laying at his feet. Every now and again the panther would raise its head up and look at Gareth. He would then scratch the top of the head of the panther, and then it would lay back down. Gareth eventually got out his Viola and started to play it, a slower sad song as he waited with the others.

His tune was done and he packed it back up, taking out a skin of wine and taking a few long drags of it. He then looked around and noticed a table that had a few bottles of different liquors. He then puts his skin up, and while Ulric was talking about his qater-dragon, he poured himself a fairly big glass of scotch, and sat back down. "Fascinating."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-17, 05:45 AM
The masked elf stands somewhat awkwardly to the side, attempting to re-trace how exactly she got here. Within the course of several hours she had gone from being seconds away to fighting an adult black dragon to stumbling her way through a field and walking into a settlement she had never heard of.

She had managed to figure out that she was at the very least on a totally different continent for the all the good it did her. The name she knew for the lands across the sea could have changed ten times since Iunthalmareth's isolation and she would never know if she was right across the sea.

She had considered different equally improbable possibilities. A nightmare? It certainly felt like one but elves didn't experience dreaming did they? An entirely different plane? But it looked like the material plane...surely it wasn't possible that there were multiple material planes. Otherwise, how did people ever return to the one they came from? Viarmo had blathered about this before but he such an airbag that she assumed it was nonsense.

Dragon?!

At the mere mention of the word, her hand instinctively grabs the sword-hilt on her right-side and she scans the room. The lack of a reaction from the others at the word makes her release her grip...it might be a good idea to start paying attention to what was going on around her. Her lack of understanding of metaphysics would have to wait.

Still, she only wish she had an easier time understanding these accents. They sounded so goofy to her.
...Wouldn't everyone else hear her speak with an accent?

Tinu'viel was glad she managed to keep hold of her Googles through the trip. Otherwise the strangers might be able to see the embarrassment on her face.

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 06:30 AM
Koruk stood quietly watching the others pass the time. Some things never changed, the urgent summons from The Church only to be made to wait who knows how long. and curiously, why had he been summoned, surely there were records, surely they knew his past? If not things should certainly get interesting soon.

The half orc nearly towered over the others in the room but didn't try to look imposing. A monumental task in itself. Well what was there to do but wait? Take your time Church, none of us have anything better to do than wait.

His gaze upon the acolyte the whole time he was going over this stuff in his head...

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 06:57 AM
Koruk decides to break the ice first, his voice a deep rumble in his chest, almost like thunder signalling an approaching storm. "So I assume we all received the same summons to be here?"

He looks at the others in the room questioningly, hoping for an answer that will start to make some sense of this.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 09:03 AM
"Pedantically speaking, I cannot be sure unless I know which summons you recieved. More directly, I assume you are correct in a way. I was speaking with a member of the cloth, and there is a small chance we were both inebriated, and I may have bragged about my abilities. To which she replied 'If you're so smart' which I cut off to answer 'I am so smart.' and she concluded 'figure out who's killing the paladins.' And then the next morning I was asked to come here. I assume because it is illegal to get a priest drunk and pump her for information. Or maybe to seduce them? I assume I am going to get a big slap on the wrist for misconduct with a church official. What did you do wrong lately?"

Ulric tapped his lips, and then smiled. "Or maybe we are here to do some investigation work."

Noting someone else taking some alcohol, he decided he was a social drinker, and poured himself something as well. "Gah... Oh, actually that's not bad. A lot harsher than the wine they serve at court, but not bad."

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 09:39 AM
Koruk smiled at the man, unintentionally menacingly, "If that is indeed why you were summoned here, corruption of a priest of The Church, then a slap on the wrist will not be your fate."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 10:04 AM
Ulric rolled his eyes. "Priestesses are women just like any other woman. They can decide on their own what they want to do."

"I offered to buy them a drink, and they accepted. Everything after that is a blur, but to say I corrupted anyone is a gross hyperbole. I offered, they accepted. No corruption."

" I suppose you could claim I tempted them. But that's an awfully narrow point of view. You're only mad because I got caught this time. Besides, I am far too important in court for more than a slap on the wrist."

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 10:12 AM
Koruk chuckles at that, "It is no concern of mine what you do or have done. I am not the one judging the situation or you. I merely spoke from my past experience with The Church. If what I said were indeed the charge then you would not have made it here to wait. The High Priest would not take interest in a matter such as that."

JNAProductions
2016-06-17, 10:20 AM
The acolyte eyes Ulric and opens his mouth, but closes it before saying anything. Then, without ceremony, the door to the High Priestess's room opens, revealing a short, white-robed woman with a shield strapped to her back. "Good evening, travelers. Please come in-I have much to discuss with you. And, sadly, much to ask of you."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 10:21 AM
A little relived, to be honest, Ulric sighs contently. "Well good! It's probably for a job then! I must say, these sorts of odd jobs are the ones most likely to inadvertently help one unlock some secret of the universe. By the way, I did not catch your name. I am Ulric Tilla Thornblade."

Standing up, he moved as if to hush people. "Yes, yes, that Ulric. I know, you're star struck, but I am just a man like any other, only more handsome, more accomplished, and very skilled with both the pen and the sword."

Extending a hand to the man who had spoken to him, he smiled jovially. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, my friend. I'd love to hear your story sometime. Let's just hope you get the job, eh?"

Just then the door opened. "Ah, your High Priestship. Thank you for having us."

Taking back his hand before the man could shake it, he moved inside the newly opened chambers.

JNAProductions
2016-06-17, 10:30 AM
The High Priestess steps back, allowing Ulric in, and moves around to take a seat behind a rather nice-looking desk.

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 10:31 AM
Koruk's huge bulk moves with grace as he steps close enough to Ulric to shake his hand, frowning a bit as it was withdrawn. "Well met, wordsmith, but I cannot call you friend yet. Hopefully in time. I am Koruk Tarkum."

He smiles as he dips his head to enter the room. "Priestess." was the only greeting he gave.

Irish Musician
2016-06-17, 12:37 PM
Gareth Kallid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=845797), Soldier of Fortune
Both Gareth and Bagheera noticed the masked elf's grab at her sword, though they did not show it. Jumpy one, that, he thought to himself. He drank on his Scotch while the talky one and the giant one talked with each other. When offered a hand, he took it and gave it a hard squeeze while shaking. Not to intimidate, that's just how he shakes hands. "Well met. Ulric Tilla Thornblade you say? The Ulric Tilla Thornblade?" Gareth lets Ulric go in his speech about how famous he is, "Sorry, champ....never heard of you." He gives a slight chuckle, "Not that I am known either, but I am Gareth, and this is Bagheera, my faithful companion and friend. Always ask to pet her, before doing so. Otherwise you might lose a hand."

Just then the Priestess came in and called them into the room. Gareth and Bagheera get up at the same time and slink into the room and take a seat off to the side, so they both have full view of the room and the door they entered. He gives the lady a nod as he finds his seat. When watching the pair move, it is as if they are communicating with each other at which times one looks a certain way , or does something. They both move with such exact timing you'd think they shared a brain.

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 12:45 PM
Koruk chuckles at the exchange between the ... hmmm... Ranger? and the wordsmith. Probably a ranger, I'll have to ask the cat later. he thinks as he watches the others.

Irish Musician
2016-06-17, 02:31 PM
As Gareth sits and watches the others move in, the large, large half-orc definitely catches his eye. Hmm, he moves with a fighter's training.....yet he is very wild.... As Koruk sits, Gareth addresses him, in orcish, <"A Bararian I presume? You have a fighter's walk, but the wildness of one who's rage is used in battle as well."> Gareth sips on his scotch. He knew what the half-orc was, but he wanted to gauge Koruk's reaction to someone very much not orc-ish knowing his language.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 03:48 PM
Ulric's eyes flash orange, and he mutters arcane words, possibly curses, but those with knowledge of the arcane would recognize this as magic. "Many people consider it rude to speak in a language others do not know. What secrets would you keep from the highest ranking member of the cloth? I can see you are both wild men, but have some respect, if you would."

Turning his gaze to the High Priestess herself, he smiled. "Please forgive them, they are fine gentlemen to be sure, but rusty with their manners. Or so I assume. Now, how have you been my lady? Or, perhaps matters are pressing, aren't they? You had much to discuss with us, and much to ask?"

Cast Comprehend Languages with one of my Warlock Slots.

JNAProductions
2016-06-17, 03:51 PM
"No worries, Ulric. I've been around more than you might imagine-and I can understand them fine. Perhaps he merely wishes to make our friend here feel at home, by speaking in his native tongue."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 03:54 PM
"Well, the thought has fallen out of my head then. So long as your grace is unoffended there is no one else present worthy of being offended."

Lioslaith
2016-06-17, 04:16 PM
Koruk snorts at the exchange but gives Gareth a smile "Correct on both counts good sir and well met. I appreciate the deference to the language but" turning a little to her highness "It is no more my native tongue than yours mistress." He lets the comment hang in the air for a bit before going on. "I presume you have business to discuss?"

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-17, 05:22 PM
Ignoring the banter of the others, Tinu'viel sat silently with her eyes closed as she concentrated as hard as she could.
The half-elf and half-orc had raised a good question...but she had a better one. Why did she receive a summons at all?

She knew no one here, knew of no one here. But there was a letter addressed to her under the alias she had chosen for herself. It was the most confusing part of the entire letter. Just one little word that she hadn't told a soul to.

Tinu'viel,

In fact, it was quite a mystery to her as to why no one had attempted to finger her as the culprit as far as she could tell. When she thought about it, a stranger clad in dark colors being found in town after a series of murders seemed pretty suspicious. But no one had arrested her, and she had been invited.

Perhaps there was a connection between her summons to this meeting, the letter, and her arrival here? She somehow doubted someone went through all of this trouble to find one of three people who solved the murder of a relatively unimportant dwarf on another continent to help find a serial killer. She had worse headaches than this before.

It was obvious to her that she needed to talk to two people in this room alone: this noisy half-elf and the priestess.

Without introducing herself, her voice curtly produced only four words.
"If we may begin."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-17, 05:40 PM
Ulric lost his grin for a moment, and looked at the elven women. He gained it back quickly however. He replied with only four words. "Yes, of course, milady."

Sitting down, he beamed at the elf. She hadn't said much, but that made her words worth more, didn't they?

JNAProductions
2016-06-17, 08:36 PM
"Yes. As you have apparently learned, out order of Knights have begun to dwindle. We don't know who-though we can guess the why-is doing this. We've already lost more than 30 Paladins, and all signs point to losing considerably more if nothing is done."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-17, 08:58 PM
As she talks, an obviously foreign accent tints her words, "Was there anything in common with the victims beyond their careers as Paladins? I'm just spitballing here but something on the lines of political beliefs, previous missions, where or when they were killed, their race..."

She stops abruptly.

JNAProductions
2016-06-17, 10:14 PM
"I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that. But an excellent idea."

Lioslaith
2016-06-18, 06:37 AM
"Perhaps a bit of history to provide perspective for our foreign guest...Your Highness? If I may?" The title rolled off his tongue as more of a curse than a show of respect. Koruk continues before permission is granted. "The Paladins share many of the things you listed, they are not simply a grouping of a certain chosen profession. It may be more accurate to think of them as Templars or simply the enforcement arm for the lady you sit before now. If someone is targeting them specifically they are either very, very powerful or they have a larger plan in mind that requires eliminating The Church's ability to put a stop to it. Or both..." He pauses at that last bit. Possibly connecting his former order as a suspect.

Irish Musician
2016-06-18, 09:09 AM
Gareth chuckles as the half-elf gets all fussy about the different language, "Well I am not some people, and I'll speak in whatever language I damn well please. And begging the Priestess' pardon, but I don't care if she can understand me either. I'm not here to blow sunshine up anyone's ass.....I'mm here to catch a killer.....or killers." Bagheera lifts up her head, just as Gareth's hand in coming down to meet it....as if she knew he was going to pet her. He strokes her head and she nuzzles his hand. Gareth also knows that the half-elf muttered some words of power, so he too decided to play along. "It is a bit bright in here, don't you think?" Gareth himself muttered a few words and waved his hand at the torches, lowering their overall output of light. "That's better."

Nodding with the elf's assessment of moving along, Gareth continues, "Now, Priestess, you say that these Paladins have been murdered and that it is going to continue. How is it being done? Are they alone in their beds? Are they attacked and ganged up on in the street? Are their bodies found, or are they just disappearing? Are there any witnesses, and do you have their statements?" Gareth takes a sip of his scotch, waiting for answers.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-18, 10:37 AM
"Perhaps a bit of history to provide perspective for our foreign guest...Your Highness? If I may?" The title rolled off his tongue as more of a curse than a show of respect. Koruk continues before permission is granted. "The Paladins share many of the things you listed, they are not simply a grouping of a certain chosen profession. It may be more accurate to think of them as Templars or simply the enforcement arm for the lady you sit before now. If someone is targeting them specifically they are either very, very powerful or they have a larger plan in mind that requires eliminating The Church's ability to put a stop to it. Or both..." He pauses at that last bit. Possibly connecting his former order as a suspect.

Believing his words to mean little more than "we don't know," a harsh impatience permeates her voice.
"You are suggesting that the entire purpose of these eliminations is to reduce or remove anyone that is capable of stopping or suppressing a later scheme? Pardon me for saying so, but I somehow doubt you wouldn't already have a list of suspects in mind if that was the case. The number of organizations and individuals who have both the means and motive to inspire this plot can't be so numerous. If there had only been 1 or 2 murders, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume a personal connection between the killer and the victims; or that the victims had been witnesses to something else."

She continues uninterrupted but the silent fury and coldness in her voice begins to fade into something more lamentful. Her gaze may be hidden by an odd pair of goggles, but her head tilts slightly downward to her left. "But surely you have some long absent powerful enemy or rival who wishes to settle the score? I find it hard to believe I was invited here simply to examine such an obvious lead. A slaughter of this scale is too particular and driven to lack motive."

Lioslaith
2016-06-18, 12:08 PM
Koruk slides his chair back and stands up shaking his head at the elf "I was merely, what was it you called it, spitballing as well. I am no more connected with The Church than you are, little bit. Perhaps we should let her highness fill us in instead of arguing amongst ourselves over assumptions and rumor?"

He takes a few steps towards the door.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-18, 08:31 PM
Ulric listened intently as the other spoken, and even stopped to take notes on the conversation on a piece of parchment he pulled from one of his bags. "So, in the end... all we know from this conversation is that you... Koruk... don't know much about the church. You... nameless ranger... don't care who you offend so long as the job gets done. You... elven maiden... have an accent as fascinating as your great woodland beauty. And you. .. large cat... should be asked before someone attempts to pet you."

Ulric gestured at each person with his quill as he discussed them. "Also, just drawing some conclusions from my observations here, or spitballing perhaps, the half orc has an issue with the church, based on his gruff addressing of the high priestess, the ranger and his pet have been together so long, they have a sixth sense communication and... the elven beauty needs a tour of this great city."

JNAProductions
2016-06-18, 08:36 PM
"That's just it-we're on good terms with the other churches of the world, Bonta is our staunchest ally, and Brockmar is... Well, Brockmar, but they lack the subtlety to engage in such a scheme. We know of people with the means, but not motives, and those with motives, but not means," the high priestess says, letting the general cacophony wash over her without letting it affect her. "We of Feca's Shield are simply at a loss on how to protect ourselves."

The other churches-there are 11 others, and each is highly influential. The churches are Cra, Ecaflip, Eniripsa, Enutrof, Feca, Iop, Osamodas, Pandawa, Sacrier, Sadida, Sram, and Xelor.

Bonta-a thriving, well-loved metropolis. One of the strongest in the world, and generally a happy, peaceful place.

Brockmar-a thriving pit of scum and villainy. Similar in size to Bonta, but more powerful militarily.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-18, 08:42 PM
Ulric tapped his pen on his paper. "People with motive can acquire means. People with means can be bought, as gold can motive enough. I'd start by looking into those with motive first, because they may have means you do not know about."

Lioslaith
2016-06-19, 06:39 AM
Koruk pauses before walking out. Standing quietly and listening to the exchange. 30 dead. They needed the help. He decided to take on the silent warrior aspect for now and just listen.

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 09:45 AM
Ulric tapped his pen on his paper. "People with motive can acquire means. People with means can be bought, as gold can motive enough. I'd start by looking into those with motive first, because they may have means you do not know about."

"The Rogues. They've got motives, and have always been subtle in their movements. I'll think of who else would have motives."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-19, 05:00 PM
As the priestess names locations and groups, Tinu'viel attempts to hide her ignorance of the significance of them out of embarrassment.

Charisma (Deception): [roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 12:33 AM
"As for your questions, Gareth..." the High Priestess says, "They vanish entirely. Some on missions, some from home, but they're merely gone without a trace. None of their equipment, no body, nothing."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 08:28 AM
Ulric writes down what the Hugh Priestess has revealed and looks up. "So they might yet be alive. How curious. Simply vanishing. I suspect magic of some sort. Perhaps they are teleported away? Are there never signs of a struggle?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 10:51 AM
"There are signs of struggles-sometimes. But never much."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 12:04 PM
Ulric nodded and took nite of that too. "Let us see some of the scenes of these incidents, after we are done speaking here. The most recent private one would be best. I suspect magic at play."

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 12:05 PM
"Very well. The last one happened in this very building-no struggle, merely a Paladin who went to bed and vanished."

The High Priestess, while outwardly calm and serene, is clearly rather upset by all this talk.

Lioslaith
2016-06-20, 12:17 PM
"Do you have a lead investigator other than yourself, Mistress? I, for one, will take up this mystery and see it through to the end. On that you have my word." While he clearly has issues with The Church and it's doctrines, the lady sitting before him had one him no wrong, yet.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 12:18 PM
"Do you have a lead investigator other than yourself, Mistress? I, for one, will take up this mystery and see it through to the end. On that you have my word." While he clearly has issues with The Church and it's doctrines, the lady sitting before him had one him no wrong, yet.

"We did. You'll be seeing his room once we're done talking," she says.

Lioslaith
2016-06-20, 12:23 PM
Well, so much for relieving her stress, Koruk merely nods to her and awaits the others to finish.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-20, 04:01 PM
"We did. You'll be seeing his room once we're done talking," she says.

"...Is the lead investigator not going to meet with-"

A pause as the palm of her hand meets her face.

"He's one of the victims isn't he?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 04:22 PM
"...Is the lead investigator not going to meet with-"

A pause.

"He's one of the victims isn't he?"

"Unfortunately, yes. The most recent of them," the High Priestess says.

Irish Musician
2016-06-20, 05:40 PM
Gareth nods as the Priestess speaks, "The more information we know, the quicker we are going to track down these bastards. I am sorry this is happening to you and your friends/companions....." As the question is answered about the lead investigator being one of the ones who vanished. "That is interesting. Do you know how much information he had gathered? Or who is main leads were? If he was getting too close to one, and they found out, they probably took him too. If he wasn't getting close, why risk disappearing him as well? The risk is greater than the reward in that situation. But if he was getting very close, then that means he was becoming even more of a threat and therefore needed to be taken out." Gareth takes another sup, then he and Bagheera look at each other.....no words are said or even gestures given. But there seems to be an unheard conversation going on between them.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 05:45 PM
"His notes weren't touched-at least, not to my knowledge. Would you like to see them now?"

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 06:16 PM
Ulric looks at the elf, and then at the priestess. "Hmm."

Making a face he jotted something down. "Well, unless anyone else has any more questions...?"

Lioslaith
2016-06-20, 07:35 PM
"His notes weren't touched-at least, not to my knowledge. Would you like to see them now?"

Koruk opens the door at her comment.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 07:38 PM
"Gerald!" the Priestess calls.

"Yes ma'am!" an acolyte-Gerald, presumably-says, stepping into the anteroom.

"Take these travellers to Morgan's room."

"Of course, Ma'am," he says, leading the group.

Within about ten minutes, you arrive at a plain-looking room. A small bed is in one corner, a desk in another, and two swords hung in an X shape on the wall. The desk is covered in papers, as well as a few writing utensils. The bed looks slept in.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 07:41 PM
Ulric cracks his knuckles and sits in the desk's chair and begins rifling through the papers, trying to see what he can learn from the man's notes, however the sloppy handwriting gets the best of him, and he finds himself struggling to read the notes.

[roll0] Investigate

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 07:43 PM
Rolling with advantage-I'll require you to take some time investigating, but you aren't pressed at the moment.

[roll0]

The papers consist of all of Donald Morgan's notes on the various deaths.

The deaths appear to be localized in an area, then moved. All the deaths in a one month span were in a certain area, then the next month another area, so on and so forth.

The most signs of struggle were with the weakest members of the order.

Three deaths occurred in otherwise abandoned areas-the first three.

If there's anything else you think you could've found, ask-I'm new to murder mysteries.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 07:48 PM
However, he quickly learns the bad hand writing is actually shorthand. He rubs his hands together and chuckles. "Interesting! It seems... the deaths are localized. Let's see... where were the most recent deaths? Is there any pattern... maybe a shape to the killings?"

Ulric begins to jot down notes of his own, while reading. "Does anyone have a map of the city? Oh this is odd, the disappearances with the most struggle are with the lower rank and file members... that's... backwards, isn't it?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 07:57 PM
Gerald says "I can fetch a map" and rushes out to do so. He quickly returns with a map of the city, allowing the more recent deaths to be charted.

Point of timeline: It is the [roll0] day of the month, so you've got time before the killer moves on.

Lioslaith
2016-06-20, 08:02 PM
"Did he list the districts? I protected this city for quite a long time and I have seen the maps several times." Koruk helps the group map the occurrences.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 08:06 PM
There have been three killings this month-two in the Temple district, one just outside it, in the Merchant district.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 08:06 PM
"The next disappearance will happen... hear." Ulric says, rather certain. "Heighten patrols in that area, and I will need to speak with the high priestess."

Ulric points to an area on the map that he is certain no disappearances will happen any time soon. He doesn't know who might be a mole, but he will tell the High Priestess the truth... and get the correct area poorly guarded... in fact only the newest of recruits will patrol that area tonight: them.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 08:12 PM
Gerald nods, saying "You'll have to talk to her anyway about increasing patrols-I don't have anywhere near the authority to do so, but she can talk with the Council."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-20, 08:26 PM
"Of course I will Gerald. Thank you for the map, you have been most helpful. I will need to look around the room a bit now. Look for clues and the like. You can return to your other duties, if you wish."

Whether Gerald leaves or not Ulric will start to look about the place, to see if he can find any clues. He will search the bed first, and any dressers second.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 08:47 PM
The bed, as mentioned before, looks slept in. The sheets are mostly neat, except where disturbed by Morgan, and the pillows are perfectly centered on the bed. The dressers contain many robes, mostly white or grey, with a few more elaborate ceremonial robes.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-20, 10:13 PM
"Morgan is either quite sedulous or someone has cleaned up the room following his disappearance..."

OoC: Passive Investigation (20) to look for things that appear to have been put away improperly either near the bed or in the closet. In particular, the pillow and pillowcase. It strikes me as odd that it is perfectly positioned when the bed was slept in.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 10:15 PM
The room appears rather well put in order. There doesn't seem to be anything suspicious about the pillowcases, pillows, or closet-it's possible that Morgan is simply a neat freak.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-20, 10:20 PM
The room appears rather well put in order. There doesn't seem to be anything suspicious about the pillowcases, pillows, or closet-it's possible that Morgan is simply a neat freak.

Tinu'viel seems to fixate on the pillow as if recalling a past event.

OoC: I would like to confirm that I've removed the pillowcase from the pillow on the bed before moving on from the inspection, and that the pillow doesn't seem to weigh more than it should.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 10:21 PM
The pillow weighs as much as any ordinary pillow.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-20, 10:31 PM
A bit disappointed that she has found nothing of any help, she begins to speculate idly out loud to the others.
"If this has been going on for months, why was the lead investigator only killed or taken or what will recently? Wouldn't it make more sense to remove him before Morgan figured out the pattern? Did the culprit only recently discover that he was the lead investigator?"

...A pause.

"Was Morgan's incident the one that occurred outside the temple area in the Merchant district? Or would his incident be the fourth in the group and we have to put it on the map ourselves?"

Irish Musician
2016-06-21, 12:00 AM

Gareth looks around the room, looking over papers and searching the crevices, nooks, and crannies of the room for anything odd. Bagheera stalks around, sniffing various places, but also keeping her eyes open.

Perception, in case I roll better than Passive 23 [roll0]
Investigation, in case I roll better than my passive 18 [roll1]

Bagheera has passive 18 perception, but advantage when it comes to smelling, [roll2], [roll]1d20+8

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 06:22 AM
"Gerald, how many paladin's are or rather were there in total?" Koruk asks idly while watching the others investigate the room.

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 10:47 AM
"200... Though it's down to less than 175 now."

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 01:04 PM
Koruk's eyes narrow at the man, "Her highness said there were more than 30 dead or missing, your number doesn't add up to that. Is someone lying to me?"

If that is just DM winging it error let me know and I can edit it!!

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 01:05 PM
"I'm sorry-I don't know exactly how many are gone. I've only recently joined the staff here, and they're trying to keep it quiet. If the High Priestess told you otherwise, I'd believe her over me."

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 01:29 PM
"How recently?" Koruk has another suspicion now...

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 01:31 PM
"About a month ago. The 12th of last month, so that'd be 32 days now," Gerald replies.

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 01:51 PM
"And how long have the disappearances been going on?" Koruk steps casually between Gerald and the door, his arms folded across his massive chest.

I don't honestly suspect Gerald but I figure Koruk doesn't trust anyone within The Church so he would ask.

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 01:53 PM
"Um... I think about seven months now, or at least that's what I've heard."

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 01:55 PM
Nodding he continues his stepping out of Gerald's way. "Does the church still keep a register of people employed?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 01:56 PM
"Yes, though not on the premises," he says.

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 02:01 PM
"I would like to see the list. I don't mind retrieving it." A thought pops into his head, "When we see her highness again we may need some sort of writ from The Church granting us investigative authority or something along those lines so we may ask questions and expect to at least be given credible lies in answer."

Irish Musician
2016-06-21, 02:23 PM
Gareth listens to the conversation between the large half-orc and little Gerald. Bahgeera perks her eyes up when she sniffs the man, and Gareths feels as though something isn't right. Seeming from out of nowhere, though really it comes from the Quiver on his back, Gareth puts down his scotch and produces a greatsword. Bagheera immediate runs next to and a little behind Koruk, teeth slightly barred and a very low growl coming from her. Her claws start to just slightly show from the big paws and Gareth ever-so-calmly places the sword on the shoulder of Gerald. He then starts to talk, never raising his voice in an oddly unsettling calm fashion. "I am going to give you one chance, son, to come clean with us before I take off your head. Something doesn't sit right with you, my companion and I both sense it.....and she is never wrong about these things." Gareth's left hand goes to his side and slightly behind his back. He spits out a few words of power and a trinket appears in his hand.

From the corner of his eye, Gerald sees Gareth's hand start to wave something up and down him. "This is a magical trinket I picked up some time ago that helps me pick out the liars from the ones telling the truth. It will make sparks come from your mouth when you lie. Be truthful with me now, boy, or I swear by your god I will end you. Who are you really and what are you doing here?" Bahgeera just looks up at the poor kid, glaring at him with a hunter's eyes.

Deception? [roll0]

Intimidation? though Gareth isn't really trying to be intimidating. He'll end the dude. [roll1]

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 02:26 PM
[roll0] Advantage, on intimidate, since you're a scary guy.

[roll1]
[roll2]

"I told you, I, uh... I'm sorry, could you please not be so... menacing?" Gerald says, his voice shaking a little.

Gerald is trying to maintain a brave facade.

He's actually quite scared for his life.

He's lying. He's not intimidated at all.

Irish Musician
2016-06-21, 02:31 PM
Gareth moves the blade closer to the youth's neck, "No, now if you don't start talking and answer my questions, I'll just figure out who you are later.....after you're dead."

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 02:36 PM
"I-I told you. I started working here a month ago as an acolyte, I swear!"

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-21, 02:36 PM
"..."

You notice that Tinu'viel seems relieved that Gareth is not addressing her with those comments.

The slightest hint of a playful tone escapes her as she addresses Gerald, "You've never been interrogated by someone who's this properly paranoid before, have you?"

Lioslaith
2016-06-21, 02:41 PM
Koruk tries his hand at a little intimidation as well, backing up the ranger.

[roll0]with advantage as well I assume?[roll1]

"Perhaps we are not asking the right questions, what branch of The Church are you loyal to?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 02:47 PM
"Feca's shield!"

He's lying.

Irish Musician
2016-06-21, 02:56 PM
"I-I told you. I started working here a month ago as an acolyte, I swear!"

"That doesn't answer either of my questions, now does it?" Gareth pushes the sword closer until the magical steel is touching the boy's neck. "One more strike, and you're out. Now, answer my original questions....or your head will come off and I will feed you to my panther. Or......maybe I'll switch that order around....."

Gareth looks over at the elf with a super stern look....but then crack an ever-so-slight smirk and gives her a wink.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-21, 04:03 PM
"Oh dear. He's not loyal to the shield at all. He's a spy." Ulric said with a sigh. "Don't kill him, but beat him senseless. We've got to put him in a cell, and ask him nicely what he knows..."

Ulric reached into his bag and grabbed his long spear, pulling it from seemingly nowhere. "Poor kid. You don't really know with whom you are dealing, do you? I've got enough arcane might to rend your soul from your body, and enough divine energy to make sure you soul is banished to the Nine Hells, and the martial prowess to tear you limb from limb. You'd best surrender and hope one of these fine gentlemen has some manacles you can put yourself in."

[roll0] Intimidate
[roll1] Advantage?

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-21, 04:26 PM
"Oh dear. He's not loyal to the shield at all. He's a spy." Ulric said with a sigh. "Don't kill him, but beat him senseless. We've got to put him in a cell, and ask him nicely what he knows..."

Ulric reached into his bag and grabbed his long spear, pulling it from seemingly nowhere...

Believing Ulric's words, Tinu'viel moves to knock-out the young "acolyte" before them without a word using nothing but her bare hands.

OoC: Okay let's see here... Advantage Vs. targets that haven't acted yet and guaranteed crits if they're surprised.

Not sure if the acolyte counts as surprised anymore given Ulric's speech, but the young man isn't going anywhere.

To Hit (1): [roll0]; [roll1]
To Hit (2): [roll2]; [roll3]
DMG (1): [roll4] bludg.
DMG (2): [roll5] bludg.
Sneak Attack (ignore if all attack rolls are misses): [roll6]
(All damage is non-lethal.)

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 04:34 PM
No, no surprise. Which also means you have to roll for initiative, so no guarantee you've got advantages there. Especially since...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Is his initiative score.

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 08:53 PM
"Gerald" takes advantage of his lightning fast reflexes to dart away from the group, sprinting down the hall and around the corner. His only slowness comes from carefully extricating himself from nearby, avoiding any blows that might come his way.

Action Dash, Bonus Action Disengage, then run far, far away.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-21, 09:39 PM
"Gerald" takes advantage of his lightning fast reflexes to dart away from the group, sprinting down the hall and around the corner. His only slowness comes from carefully extricating himself from nearby, avoiding any blows that might come his way.

Action Dash, Bonus Action Disengage, then run far, far away.
Tinu'viel gives chase down the hall. I'm fairly certain out of everyone here, I'm the only one who stand a chance of actively following him, although the others might be able to cut him off.

Edit: I still don't know how he ran past Koruk when Koruk was between "Gerald" and the door, but if he's Disengaging, he's only getting double his movement speed this round, while I can get triple. So long as his base movement speed isn't 100 ft/round, I can theoretically keep up with him.

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 10:11 PM
Tinu'viel gives chase, hounding "Gerald's" footsteps and not giving him any break.

He's only moving 100', so you can actually take an action!

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-21, 10:44 PM
Chasing down the fleeing spy, Tinu'viel runs alongside him, draws her sword, and attempts to stun the rogue.
RAUTARACCA
Hit 1: [roll0]
Hit 2: [roll1]
DMG 1: [roll2]
DMG 2: [roll3]

"Gerald" makes 0-2 CON saves DC 17 to avoid being stunned; depending on how many of her attacks hit.

(If he's secretly considered a dragon for some reason, he takes an extra [roll4] damage.)

JNAProductions
2016-06-21, 11:03 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Rolling rolling rolling.

"Gerald" takes the blows and keeps on going, seemingly not very harmed.

Irish Musician
2016-06-22, 08:12 AM
"Gerald" is gone before anyone can react, and that leaves Gareth in not the best of moods. He stows his sword and takes out his bow, looking down at Bagheera, "Fetch." With a flash, Bagheera is off and before Gerald knows it, is standing right next to him, teeth barred and claws out. Gareth also takes on after Gerald, but he is not quite as fast as his companion.

Alright, here's how it breaks down:
Action - Dash for me +30'
Move - 60' after Gerald
Bonus - Since Bagheera doesn't attack this round, I can use my bonus as a Dash for her
Free - Bagheera moves 100' and is right next to "Gerald"

Just want to make sure you got that I marked him, as well, JNAP. Did it right as Ulric said that Gerald was a spy, here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20917012&postcount=41) the post.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-22, 09:19 AM
Ulric blinked and the man was gone. He turned to his companions, but a second blink and they too were gone, except for Koruk. He manifested arcane magic, a spell to cause him to fly but his arcane magic flared off and empowered Koruk as well.

"You can now fly. Have fun." Chimed a telepathic message to Koruk. Just after casting his spell he took off, flying in the direction of where the spy had fled.

2 Sorcerer points and Fly is a bonus action. 4th level spell slot to cast it on Koruk and myself.

Dashing past the spy to cut off his retreat. If he tries to run past me, I'll use War Mage to cast a spell at him. If specifically not in melee with him so he can't disengage and run past me. I'm blocking his way out.

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 11:29 AM
Alright, so Ulric and Tinu are adjacent to "Gerald", correct? If not, feel free to correct me.

"Gerald" sprints ahead towards the flying sorcerer, a blade appearing from seemingly nowhere, which flicks out towards Ulric, inflicting blow after blow of pain.

Action attack 4 times: [roll0]
Higher of the two:
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
Higher of the two:
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
Higher of the two:
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
Higher of the two:
[roll10]
[roll11]

Bonus action Dodge.

Lioslaith
2016-06-22, 01:19 PM
At this point I think I am gloriously lost. :smalleek: :smallredface:

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-22, 11:56 PM
OoC: I am going to act under the assumption that Ulric is flanking "Faker G", which negates the disadvantage granted by his Dodge action.
Action: Attack (Extra Attack)
Bonus Action: Unarmed Strike (Martial Arts)

Hit 1: [roll0]; DMG: [roll1] + [roll2]
Hit 2: [roll3]; DMG: [roll4] + [roll5]
Hit 3: [roll6]; DMG: [roll7]

Faker makes a DC 17 CON save every time he gets hit or is stunned.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 12:27 AM
I am not using flanking. That rule is REALLY BAD in 5E. As such, disadvantage:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The spy(?) weaves and bobs, avoiding most of the harm coming his way.

Lioslaith
2016-06-23, 06:27 AM
Koruk eventually enters the fray... The sun sword flaring to life as he begins his attack.

Action surge to get the extra attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Is not liking it just due to the fact that it grants advantage on melee attack rolls?

darklink_shadow
2016-06-23, 08:20 AM
The sudden appearance of a blade doesn't catch Ulric off guard, but the flurry of blows does. The speed at which he slashed so hatefully was almost too much to dodge, and Ulric caught three of the four slashes. But he had the will if a dragon.

He shifted backwards and unleashed the sacred power of the sun. "Be purged by Light."

Ulric manifested an orb of light which streaked a ray of pure sunlight, radiant and burning, cutting a path through the spy, and searing his flesh in the process. After a pause it pulses out another beam.

Bonus Action: Quicken Sunbeam, my most powerful spell.

Guy needs to make a con save or take [roll0] Radiant damage and be blinded, half and no blindness on a save.

Action: Generate another beam. Same deal. [roll1]

If he ends up blind I will run away from him, since he can't make opportunity attacks. I'll run about 45ft away and move a little into the air. Say 10 ft? About against the ceiling.

Irish Musician
2016-06-23, 08:49 AM
Gareth turns the corner and immediately tells Bagheera to stand in between the man and the door. He then takes out an arrow, and infusing it with natural magics, looses it and two others onto the man. If the arrow finds its mark, a large vine springs forth from it and starts to wrap the man up in spiked vines.

Turn
Bagheera Move - She will move into Ulric's spot if he ends up moving, but she will always be right next to "Gerald" no matter what.
Move - into the area so I can see him, but about as far away from him as I can be and still see him.
Bonus - Cast Ensnaring strike, DC 16 STR check or he is restrained by the vines. He can use his action on other turns if he fails to get out of them by making another STR check, DC 16. Also, if he fails, at the beginning of each turn he's in the vines, he gets 1d6 damage. I can roll that, or if it makes it easier you can roll it JNAP
Action - Attack x3, the first one having ensnaring strike on it.
1, with ensnaring strike - [roll0] or [roll1], [roll2] + [roll3] (hunter's mark, I get he dmg every time I hit)
2 - [roll4] or [roll5], [roll6] + [roll7] (hunter's mark)
3 - [roll8] or [roll9], [roll10] + [roll11] (hunter's mark)
All Damage is non-lethal
On that first attack, if I fail, then I will most likely be using luck to roll another d20 to see if I can hit him with it. I'll roll that OOC and then if it hits link it in here.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 12:33 PM
"Gerald", seemingly unslowed by his various injuries, once again stabs out at Ulric.

He then shoots a hand crossbow back towards the next nearest assailant, then sprints away, finding a window and vaulting out it. (First floor.)

[roll0]
Better of:
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
Better of:
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
Better of:
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
Better of:
[roll10]
[roll11]

And Bonus Action Dodge. If Ulric gets knocked down BEFORE the Fourth attack, then he's going to fire a poisoned hand crossbow at the next nearest person.

[roll12]
[roll13]
And make a DC 19 Con save or take [roll14] Poison damage

[roll15]
[roll16]
And make a DC 19 Con save or take [roll17] Poison damage

[roll18]
[roll19]
And make a DC 19 Con save or take [roll20] Poison damage

These attacks will replace the second, third, and fourth attacks respectively for whenever Ulric goes down.

Irish Musician
2016-06-23, 02:11 PM
As Gerald runs off, Bagheera immediately sprints off after him, with Gareth not too far behind. She runs around him, facing him, as Gareth shoots off another volley of arrows trying to keep the man grounded again.

Turn
Move - Move as far as I can, either to the window or out of it if I can, Bagheera will run around to the font of him, cutting off his escape.
Bonus - Ensnaring strike, this time his save is at a disadvantage, DC 16 or be restrained. If restrained on this shot, he will not had disadvantage on the other two attacks. And again, he can use his action on other turns if he fails to get out of them by making another STR check, DC 16. Also, if he fails, at the beginning of each turn he's in the vines, he gets 1d6 damage. I can roll that, or if it makes it easier you can roll it JNAP
Action - 3 attacks, the first with ensnaring strike.
1 - [roll0] or [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
2 - [roll4] or [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]
3 - [roll8] or [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]

Again, if that first one looks like it isn't going to hit, going to burn a Luck die and roll another d20 for the attack. But we will see what gets rolled.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 02:31 PM
Gareth manages to make it to the window, but his first shot just barely misses the man. The other two, however, strike home.

Outside, the man is approaching a crowd of acolytes, who have turned to stare at the situation. None of them seem to have the presence of mind to flee.

Irish Musician
2016-06-23, 03:09 PM
"Get out of the way, idiots! Call the High Priestess, NOW!!! Gerald is a traitor!" Gareth makes some gestures indicating he doesn't expect them to wait for understanding.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-23, 04:12 PM
When the half-elf fell, the spy pulled out a crossbow with poisoned darts and shot her while retreating. The toxins proved useless against her and while the first shot slipped through her guard, the second was soon spun into her hands. She somewhat clumsily threw it right back where the shot had originated.

No stranger to the chase, she jumps out of the window following her quarry but without back-up she has raised her guard.

Movement: Pursue the spy, staying in melee.
Action: Attack.
Bonus Action: Dodge (Monk)

Hit #1: min([roll0], [roll1])
DMG #1: [roll2] + [roll3]

Hit #2: min([roll4], [roll5])
DMG #2: [roll6] + [roll7]

He will fail one of these CON saves eventually. DC 17.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 08:27 PM
You have to spend a Ki point to dodge as a bonus action. Cunning Action doesn't allow for that.

Why yes, "Gerald" has been dodging as a bonus action. Why no, I'm not going to say if he has that ability natively or if he's using a limited pool of resources.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The fake dodges the first blow but takes the other, however, he bobs back with it, avoiding most of the impact. While injured, he still manages to get away, dashing into the crowd of acolytes. They start to run when he sprints towards them, and it's difficult to spot him in the confusion white robes.of

Lioslaith
2016-06-23, 08:42 PM
Koruk lands in the ground behind the others giving chase (superhero landing!) he bellows out an echo to Gareths warning and then shouts to the ranger, "Did you mark him?"

Irish Musician
2016-06-23, 11:03 PM
Before Koruk can finish the question, both Bagheera and Gareth are already starting to run, Bagheera far in front of the man. Gareth shouts back, "Yes, I did. Follow me, quick!"

Perception to find him, with advantage
[roll0], [roll1]

Bagheera perception to smell him out
[roll2], [roll3]

And pretty much both Gareth and Bagheera will be moving and dashing after "Gerald" until either they find him, or he dies

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-24, 05:48 AM
Perception (Wisdom) to identify and follow him through the crowd: max(23, [roll0] )

It doesn't matter if it has been using a native ability because it's extremely likely it has a resource ability as well given its true nature.

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 08:58 AM
Koruk shows his wild heritage and speeds through the crowd following Gareth. "MOVE"

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 09:27 AM
The crowd of acolytes scatter, with "Gerald" nowhere in sight.

Irish Musician
2016-06-24, 09:50 AM
Gareth looks around and sees that one of the group is missing. "Did the half-elf fall? I thought he had just got the wind knocked out of him." Gareth looks to Bagheera, "Keep looking, come back to me when you find his trail." Gareth then heads back to where Ulric fell, while Bagheera continues to sniff out the traitor. He reaches the half-elf and places a hand on his chest, natural healing magics flowing into his body. "Come back to the land of the living, Ulric. We aren't done yet."

Cure Wound, lvl 3, [roll0]

Bagheera sniffing checks, if you'd like them again, at advantage
[roll1] or [roll2]

darklink_shadow
2016-06-24, 10:05 AM
Ulric sits up and looks at his torn , battered and bloody clothing. A little shocked by the events, the half elf shakes himself to check that he was alright. With genuine appreciation, Ulric addresses his savior. "I... was going to die. Gareth, thank you. Gods above, that man was deadly with the knife."

Coughing, he stood up and looked around. "Did we get him?"

A flick of his wrist and he cleaned his clothes of the blood, and followed the ranger.

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 11:10 AM
Out in the courtyard, the acolytes have stopped running around the edges, near the wall. They look around, trying to figure out what's going on. One calls back "Is he still there?"

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 11:20 AM
Koruk stands in the middle of the acolytes watching them closely. Waiting for the cat or something else to tip him off.

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 11:22 AM
The acolytes shift around nervously, not sure what's going on.

Irish Musician
2016-06-24, 11:39 AM
Gareth nods at the thanks, "Unfortunately we did not, he ran into a group of acolytes that got in the way and disappeared. Bagheera is out there right now trying to pick up his scent. Shouldn't be too hard as he was bleeding fairly intensely." Gareth starts back to follow Bagheera, where ever she might go.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-24, 12:12 PM
Regrouping with the others, Tinu'viel is furious with herself for losing the trail.

"I believe there is a larger issue at stake here. That spy was a dragon shape-shifted into a person. This sword, " - she regrips the sword in front of the others and then resheathes it - "was specifically made to slash through the scales of dragons and kill them. The cuts it produces on a dragon are far different than other creatures."

She laughs, "It is funny. I only gripped my sword to attack him because I have found it easier to swing it than to strike things myself."

"But if dragons are murdering paladins and clerics, they may be performing the same hideous plot here they have long accomplished in my homeland." Her face contorts beneath her mask and goggles, which somewhat stretches the fabric. Her voice seethes in an obsessive hate but offers a few more words, "...It is not something to be discussed here."

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 01:07 PM
Koruk blinks in surprise at that "You are certain he was a dragon?" Shaking his head "No, of course you were or you would not have told us. Then he has likely shape shifted again and we will not find him unless the cat can pick up his scent."

darklink_shadow
2016-06-24, 02:11 PM
Ulric edges away from the elven dragon slayer. "I will consult my tomes on this matter."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-24, 05:32 PM
"I am admittedly only guessing at the motive, but given everything we've seen in the last hour alone, I no longer doubt the power of those responsible. Despite our best efforts that spy single-handedly almost killed Ulric and escaped seamlessly into a crowd of people.

...We should find the High Priestess immediately."

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 05:45 PM
Koruk listens to the elf, "He beat us more because we aren't really an 'us', how could we be having just met? None of us knows the other. Once we meet with her highness we should take some time to get to know one another. Let's go see her."

He turns on his heel and heads back inside assuming the culprit gone and the cat unable to find him.

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 05:48 PM
Koruk sees the High Priestess coming out, flanked by two rather flustered looking Paladins. "I'm capable of looking after myself, so while I appreciate you looking for my safety, kindly GO AFTER THE SPY! Koruk-what happened?"

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 06:00 PM
Grinning at the fussing Paladins then taken slightly aback that she would address him directly he bows reverently before thinking. Realizing what he'd done he snaps back to his full height and relates the tale of the search and battle leaving nothing out. On a whim he even relates the dragon suspicions but does not mention whose theory it was. Not out of any need to have the glory for himself but more out of another habit of protecting those around him.

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 06:01 PM
"A dragon? How? Why?" the High Priestess asks.

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 06:10 PM
"It's merely a theory at this point. Speculation is useless until we have any real evidence."

Irish Musician
2016-06-24, 06:20 PM
Gareth watches the paladins fuss over the Priestess, cracking half a smile at the display. Bagheera stalks back over to him, apparently at a loss for where the spy went. He pets her head and pulls out a bag from his pack. He takes out something wrapped in butcher paper, which ends up being some smaller pieces of raw meat. He tosses some pieces on the ground in front of Bagheera and she starts munching down. He puts everything back and looks up at the Priestess, "Whoever in the nine hells he was, he infiltrated your organization. Apparently, very easily. And there is no guarantee that there aren't more people here that are looking to kill you all, hanging around here." He let that hang in the air before moving on, "I have the spy marked, and will be more efficient at tracking him for the next hour. I'd like to get a move on with that because every movement counts. Bagheera has his scent, esp his blood scent, so hopefully he will be found soon."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-24, 06:23 PM
"A dragon? How? Why?" the High Priestess asks.

With the adrenaline of the encounter wearing off, Tinu'viel slowly became more aware of the crossbow bolt that has embedded its thorn into her shoulder. She had long stopped wondering how she could continue to swing a sword with such an injury. She repeated her words for the sake of the High Priestess, "I cannot say the same for your country, but the gods of my world have long been dead. Killed by a plot of dark elves and dragons to usurp the divine power of the gods for themselves and their own gods. The man you introduced to us as Gerald was almost certainly a Dragon of some kind. My sword is specifically designed to cut through their scales and the way it cuts through such scales are notably different than ordinary flesh.

...I am not certain that they seek to blight your people the same way they have fooled mine. But if I recall my history the systematic eradication of holy knights and men of the cloth was a mystery to the continent I call home for at least three hundred years. Following that period, our entire land was cut off from all others by the ruthless wyrms that roamed the seas. It is entirely possible that someone seeks the destruction of your order so that none of your deity's followers will notice the change in power when someone usurps their place.

Speaking more to herself than to anyone else she continues, "Even if that is not the plot in mind for our culprit, it is certain that at least one powerful dragon has infiltrated your ranks in order to facilitate a serial killing. It must be a fairly complicated plan for a dragon that powerful to risk disguising itself as a member of your order. "

Her conviction makes it very clear to you that she whole heartedly means every word of her fantastical tale. Despite all of this, you have never heard of any such land and the entire thing seems ridiculous.

...But then again, you can't place her accent at all, so she must be a foreigner from somewhere.

Lioslaith
2016-06-24, 06:27 PM
Koruk nods as both the ranger and monk speak "So, your Highness, if we need any special papers or writs to conduct this investigation and keep you safe I suggest we hurry."

JNAProductions
2016-06-24, 09:45 PM
"Yes, of course. Marco-" she says to the nearer paladin, "-Get a writ of the highest order for our allies here. Bring it to my chambers and I will sign it."

"Of course, Madam," Marco responds, and starts to leave, before turning to face the group. "If any harm comes to her while under your supervision, we will have your heads."

"Marco!"

"Sorry, Madam. Going now," he says, and leaves.

Irish Musician
2016-06-24, 09:59 PM
Gareth just watches the paladin, Marco, leave. As he gets about half way out of sight, Gareth comes back, "You could try, paladin." If any of the others look at him, he just shrugs and gives Bagheera a hard pat on her side, creating a nice bass resonance coming from her body.

Lioslaith
2016-06-25, 06:01 AM
Koruk just chuckles at the Paladin and before he turns the words just come out "And who was going to take yours had we not been here to stop the spy's plot?

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-25, 06:22 AM
"I would be careful thinking you have stopped their plot. It is possible they have more undercover agents. I would re-examine the backgrounds of your members - particularly newer ones. The spy had claimed he had only been here for a month."

Lioslaith
2016-06-25, 06:59 AM
Nodding as the elf speaks "It is most assuredly not over. And you make an excellent point he could have been only there to report information but I do not think his intentions were benign. Instead of attacking I think he would have surrendered. We do need to keep our thoughts open until we have solid leads though. Perhaps we need to secure a place we can use as a base of operations?"

JNAProductions
2016-06-25, 09:17 AM
"Where would you like to be located? We have churches all over the world, though most are here in this city," the High Priestess says.

"Dragons..." the Paladin mutters, shaking his head.

Lioslaith
2016-06-26, 07:03 AM
"My proposal is that you give us a set list and we will make a choice form those. We will only tell you our location." Koruk looks to the others for any objections.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-26, 10:28 AM
The dark-dressed elf does nothing to object and seems to have shut her mouth for the time being.

JNAProductions
2016-06-26, 10:37 AM
"We have outposts in Bonta. We could set you up here, obviously. There's an archaeological dig off to the west that's reasonably out of the way-but the path there is treacherous. We could talk to the other churches, try to set you up in there. And we could potentially get you into Brockmar, but that comes with its own issues."

Lioslaith
2016-06-26, 11:26 AM
Shrugging and then checking to see no one else is around to listen Koruk offers his suggestion for a base "Brockmar seems a good choice to me."

JNAProductions
2016-06-26, 11:28 AM
Is like Mos Eisley, but many times worse. Just a reminder.

Lioslaith
2016-06-26, 11:46 AM
more than open to suggestion at this point.

Lioslaith
2016-06-27, 12:44 PM
Koruk shrugs before he speaks again, "What would you suggest, your highness?"

darklink_shadow
2016-06-27, 12:49 PM
Ulric thought for a long moment. "I need to visit a library in Bonta. I have to do more research on this issue. So, perhaps we can set up our operations there?"

Irish Musician
2016-06-27, 03:21 PM
Before he can get any words out, or even blink, the group starts talking about where to set up camp, out in the open streets for all to hear. "I don't care where we set-up this base of operations.....but maybe we can talk about where to go in private and not in the open? You know....where this spy may very well be in earshot." Gareth gives Bagheera another pat on the head, a slight growl coming from her as he does, and he rolls his eyes. Whether or not the eye-roll is directed at the big cat, or you all, you cannot tell.

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 03:27 PM
"You aren't exactly an inconspicuous lot. I can't imagine you'll be hard to find regardless of if they know ahead of time. But, the less information they have, the better. Follow me," the High Priestess says, leading you all back to her office. Once inside, with the door closed, she says "I have various wards in place to help keep private communications private. We should be safe to talk in here-alone, that is."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Just checking a few things.

Lioslaith
2016-06-28, 08:16 AM
"I had thought the same thing your highness, hence the thoughts on Brockmar. It makes no difference to me where we set up, if Bonta will work for at least one of us then that is fine with me."

JNAProductions
2016-06-28, 04:01 PM
"I had thought the same thing your highness, hence the thoughts on Brockmar. It makes no difference to me where we set up, if Bonta will work for at least one of us then that is fine with me."

"Are there any other thoughts on where you should set up your base?"

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-28, 04:08 PM

Tinu'viel simply nods in agreement.

JNAProductions
2016-06-28, 04:09 PM
If no one objects, I'll move this on to Bonta, then?

Lioslaith
2016-06-28, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.

JNAProductions
2016-06-28, 08:55 PM
After some more discussion, the group decides they shall set up shop in Bonta. The High Priestess calls in a cleric to cast a Sending spell alerting their outposts in Bonta to prepare for visitors, then arranges for horses for the group.

Within the hour, you are gone, heading out for the big city. Hours pass uneventfully, then night begins to fall, and camp is set up.

Character interaction time! We can move on whenever. It's a few more days till Bonta, and while I won't be having you roleplay every night, I thought you might like the first at least.

darklink_shadow
2016-06-28, 09:20 PM
Ulric spends the majority of his time on the horse reading over his notes. Despite what others might assume of him, due to his bookish nature, he handles the horse as if he had been born in a saddle. When they rest, he makes sure to tend to his mount before himself, and even checks for and removes burrs.

When they stop for the night, Ulric takes a brush from his bag, and brushes the horse down quickly. While he does so, he seems to be conducting some form of magic ritual, which ends roughly ten minutes into the care taking of the animal. Once he is finished brushing the horse down he starts talking to the animal as one would talk to a person.

"Neh'way, thanks for the work. It was as smooth of a ride as you promised. I really do appreciate the effort, because I needed to go over my notes. Now, come along, let's get you some water, alright?" Leading the horse only by walking in front of it, he walked to the pool of water that they had stopped at. The horse make a few chortles and other mild noises.

Sitting down beside the horse he rubbed her neck as he drank. "Ok. I won't tie you up, but you have to promise not to run away, alright? That big scary cat over there might look mean, but she won't hurt you."

Another noise from the horse made Ulric chuckle. "Neh'way, I need you tomorrow, same as today, so I am not going to let the cat eat you. And if she tries to, yes you can run away. But she won't."

Making eye contact with Bagheera he nodded to her. "Right? You don't want to eat my horse do you?"

Lioslaith
2016-06-29, 01:49 PM
Koruk chuckles at the conversation between the mage and his horse, having performed the same ritual during the trip already. Once dismounted and his horse tended to, he began making a fire and a place to sleep. His fire set and his water heating for tea he moves closer to the cat and ranger, intending to have a conversation with both.

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-29, 03:58 PM
"..."

Tinu'viel says nothing throughout the journey until night falls when she finally begins to fiddle with a small book with what appears to be a gilded holy symbol on the cover.

She appears frustrated with something and eventually grabs a stick and begins drawing something on the ground. It is unclear what the picture looks like in the dark.

The picture appears to resemble a dog's head in profile. Elvish letters appear to form small words around the picture.
She is attempting to redraw the geography of the world as she knows it, hoping that the attempt will somehow reveal something of where she is to her. The words are names of rivers, locations, and cities.

Upon finishing the picture, she stares at it for awhile before vanishing into the darkness. She meditates in the branches of a tree if she can find one.

Irish Musician
2016-06-30, 01:56 PM
Gareth nods in agreement with the group. He didn't care much where they were....he just wanted another shot at that dragon....thing, or whatever in the nine hells it was. Gareth keeps quiet as they made the journey, keeping his eyes out as they rode along.

Once they stopped for camp, he heard Ulric chanting away as he tended to his horse. Gareth smiled, as he knew this particular ritual he was going thorough, as he uses it himself. He doesn't need it for Bagheera, but that is because of their close connection.

Ulric then sits and starts to talk about how Bagheera won't eat his horse. Gareth pulls out a pipe, and lights it, the embers in the bowl lighting his face up a little as he breaths in the smoke.

Bagheera lifts up her head when she hears the talk about eating the horse. And the first comment of her not eating it, she licks her lips and stares at the horse. Ulric then makes eye contact with her and asks her, point blank, if she is going to eat his horse. She looks from Ulric to the horse, and then back to Ulric. She licks her lips again, and a low growl emits from her as she pads off into the night, opposite direction of Ulric's horse.

When the low growl reaches your ears, your magics form it into a word. "......Maybe....", and she pads off into the night. Her tail flicks in what you interpret as a sassy manner.

Gareth chuckles and turns around after her, "Don't stay out too late, we have lots of travel int he morning." He looks to the group, "She gets cranky if she stays out too late and then has to walk a long while the next day. That tends to lead to horses missing chunks..." He sucks in a large whiff of smoke, and smirks Ulric's way.

Lioslaith
2016-06-30, 02:32 PM
"So, Gareth, tell me a little about yourself and I will return the favor. Assuming you wish to know." Koruk finishes making his tea and reclines against a log ready to listen or answer questions.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2016-06-30, 03:20 PM
Gareth blows a smoke ring that starts small and slowly grows in size until there isn't much smoke to see, and the wind carries it off. He shrugs, "Not much to tell, really. Been a wanderer all my life. Have always liked the presence of animals, rather than people, truth be told. Animals are honest, and they don't lie to you. If they want to kill you, they show you. If they want to be friendly, they show you. If they want you to stay away, they show you." Gareth takes another draw of his pipe, the smoke slowly leaking out of his nostrils. "People are an untrustworthy bunch, in general. They will lie, scheme, and twist the knife in your back....all with a smile on their face. Bagheera is all the family I need."

Gareth Perception [roll0] Passive 23

Bagheera, advantage if it is by smell, [roll1], [roll2]

Lioslaith
2016-06-30, 03:29 PM
Sipping his tea as he listens Koruk shakes his head in agreement, "I too am more than familiar with the treachery of people, be it for my race, profession, station in life, or just any convenient reason at hand." He nods in the direction Bagheera went, "The cat is beautiful, I am glad she chose you as a friend. She will be an asset to us I believe."

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-30, 04:27 PM
Half-entranced, Tinu'viel's ears perk up for a moment.

Perception: max ( [roll0], 23 ) = 30

Lioslaith
2016-07-01, 06:16 AM
Continuing with the idle conversation, "What do you make of our wordsmith scholar and our 'dark' elf?" You can tell by the way he emphasized dark he doesn't mean Drow.

Irish Musician
2016-07-02, 12:15 AM
Gareth nods at the compliment, "Thank you. I have known Bagheera since she was naught but a kitten. She is my closest friend, and most staunch ally and protector. She serves me well....and I her."

Gareth, never one to back down from an honest answer, looks at the other two as he draws on his pipe. "In my world, talk is cheap. The more someone talks, the more useless they are. However, our wordsmith is the exception to that rule. Seeing him in combat, and hearing his words tells me there is more there than just pretty words." Gareth blows out another smoke ring, the wind carrying it off once more. "Our dark lady is still somewhat of a mystery. Clearly she is skilled in combat, and from the looks of it she is more than just combat trained as a solider might be. She knows how to kill, and where to stick the knife. And I'd wager she can make it a quick, clean death....or a long, nasty one is she so chose." He then turns his eyes to the large half-orc, "As for you. Clearly you and the church have history. Whether they betrayed you, or a friend of yours, I do not know. But there is definitely something there in your past. As for combat," Gareth chuckles and takes another draw, letting the smoke seep out of his mouth as he talks, "My plan for you is to stay out of your way and let you hit things hard."

Lioslaith
2016-07-02, 06:31 AM
Koruk nods as the ranger makes his assessments, Much more insightful than he would appear. When he finishes he gives the man a smile, appreciative that he was not hit with a barrage of questions. "Indeed there is history there, and blood. Our history goes back to a time before the Paladins but it grows late. We should rest."

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-04, 05:21 PM
(Before the others wake up the next morning, she erases she drawing she made; nervous that she left it there overnight.)

JNAProductions
2016-07-04, 05:27 PM
The group packs up their camp in the morning and makes their way to Bonta. The trip takes a few, uneventful days, and it seems like little time at all before they arrive.

At Bonta, the city is bustling with life. People move back and forth, vendors hawk wares, and the whole city feels alive! At the gates, there is one of Feca's devout waiting, leaning up against a wall and gently snoring.

Lioslaith
2016-07-05, 09:25 AM
Koruk stops his mount near the devout and clears his throat loudly.

darklink_shadow
2016-07-05, 10:00 AM
Ulric noticed the devout sleeping, and Koruk waking him with a slight smile. "Poor guy must not have known when we were coming and waited for us all night. Be kind, Koruk."

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-05, 10:11 AM
"An Ode to Sleep...

Well, at least he's here."

JNAProductions
2016-07-05, 12:03 PM
The man continues to sleep-after all, being able to sleep through the hustle and bustle of the city around him means more than a simple clearing of the throat will be needed.

Lioslaith
2016-07-05, 12:09 PM
Koruk dismounts and walks over to the man. Assuming he is leaned back in a chair sleeping Koruk will kick the leg out from under the chair.

JNAProductions
2016-07-05, 12:12 PM
The man is leaning against a wall, so Koruk knocks his leg out from under him. The man...

[roll0]

Fails to catch himself, falling flat on his face. He gets back up, saying "What was that for?!"

Lioslaith
2016-07-05, 12:27 PM
Koruk presents him with the writ and stands quietly waiting for him to read it.

JNAProductions
2016-07-05, 12:38 PM
"Mm-mm. Mm. Mm? Oh! Oh, I am so sorry!" he says as he reads it over. "I had no idea you'd be here so soon. Sorry, let me get you to where you'll be staying. One of you needed a library, yes?"

Lioslaith
2016-07-05, 12:48 PM
Koruk nods and immediately feels bad for assaulting the fellow but says nothing. Content to maintain his silence for now.

darklink_shadow
2016-07-05, 12:59 PM
"I said be nice, Koruk. That was the opposite of nice." Ulric said a little hotly.

Dismounting, Ulric cleans the man's clothing magically. "I require use of your library, yes. Please just point me in that direction after we find where we will be staying. I won't need a guide, but I wouldn't mind if a certain elf came along to keep me company..."

Ulric smiled at Tinu. "You seem like you'd know enough about dragons to help me with my research."

JNAProductions
2016-07-05, 01:05 PM
"Follow me," the man says, and begins to lead you through the city.

As you travel, you see more of the same-people bustling back and forth, rushing to where they need to go, with the buildings towering above you. Eventually, though, you reach a small, rather quaint-looking inn. "This is the Gobballer's Bed-one of the finest inns in Bonta. Or, at least, it used to be, when Bonta was smaller. Now, it's still pretty quality, but it's more out of the way. We've paid for you to stay here for the next month, and can pay for more as needed-the High Priestess thought it'd be good to avoid having you in the church itself. As for a library," he continues, "Bonta's main academic institute is just north of here. Travel along the north road for about half a mile and you can't miss it-though I'd be happy to guide you if need be."

Lioslaith
2016-07-05, 01:08 PM
Koruk just chuckles to himself thinking if that was what Ulric considered the opposite of nice then this was going to be interesting. He followed their guide into the city proper, casually looking over the crowd as was his habit. Since he generally always did actually look over the crowd.

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-11, 09:38 AM
Once upon a time, she would have spent hours trying to memorize as much of the city as she could. Right now, she was more interested in investigating.

She reluctantly accepted Ulric's suggestion, but there was an odd tension in her voice.

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 12:49 PM
Ulric and Tinu are led to the library, while their compatriots are left behind in the inn.

Give me an Investigation check for learning more about dragons-if it fails, you can take 20, it'll just take a while.

Lioslaith
2016-07-11, 01:42 PM
Koruk decides to make his way down to the Inn's common room, assuming there is one, and order up something to drink.

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-11, 01:44 PM
max( [roll0] , 15)

Never much for one books and tomes, Tinu'viel struggles with the unfamiliar scripts and styles and organizational systems of the region.

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 01:46 PM
Koruk decides to make his way down to the Inn's common room, assuming there is one, and order up something to drink.

A rather buxom young waitress flounces over to Koruk, smiling at the big man. "What can I get for you, sir?"

Lioslaith
2016-07-11, 01:52 PM
Grinning at the young lass he orders a "Mead, lightly spiced and warm if you please." He peruses the crowd looking for a seat where he can see most of them and possibly the door but he knows that's a favorite among patrons. I wonder if I could build a tavern where every seat faced the doorway, he mused to himself.

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 01:54 PM
Grinning at the young lass he orders a "Mead, lightly spiced and warm if you please." He peruses the crowd looking for a seat where he can see most of them and possibly the door but he knows that's a favorite among patrons. I wonder if I could build a tavern where every seat faced the doorway, he mused to himself.

"Right away!" she says, heading back to the bar to pick up his drink.

[roll0]

There is, unfortunately, no available seat facing the door and the patrons. While Koruk could bully his way to one of the seats, that'd likely be in poor taste.

There is, luckily, a seat available that views both the door and the majority of the common room. Good fortune!

Lioslaith
2016-07-11, 01:58 PM
No bullying today, he chooses a seat close to if not at the bar for now, watching the lass scurry around and get his drink.

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 02:02 PM
max( [roll0] , 15)

Never much for one books and tomes, Tinu'viel struggles with the unfamiliar scripts and styles and organizational systems of the region.

You're unable to find any new information-at least, nothing helpful.

No bullying today, he chooses a seat close to if not at the bar for now, watching the lass scurry around and get his drink.

Soon enough, she returns with a lightly spiced mead. "Anything else, sir?"

Lioslaith
2016-07-11, 02:12 PM
Soon enough, she returns with a lightly spiced mead. "Anything else, sir?"

"This will do for now, unless you have any juicy rumors you'd care to share?"

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 04:40 PM
"This will do for now, unless you have any juicy rumors you'd care to share?"

"Well-I hear that Kriss-Krass might be leaving Bonta soon and heading for Brakmar, to take on the Masked Gobballer," she says.

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-11, 05:50 PM
"I don't see anything here that seems new to me...although I confess I'm unfamiliar with the stylings of these books."

Lioslaith
2016-07-12, 06:31 AM
"Well-I hear that Kriss-Krass might be leaving Bonta soon and heading for Brakmar, to take on the Masked Gobballer," she says.

Koruk listens with interest as she relates the rumor. "Really?!?" His face awash with incredulity. "Do you think he has any shot at all?"

Irish Musician
2016-07-12, 09:35 AM
Gareth saunters up, with Bagheera in tow, and slides into the seat next to Koruk. He takes out his pipe, lights it and takes a large puff, letting the smoke slowly climb out of his mouth. He lets the serving girl finish her talk with Koruk. When he has her attention, no rush on his part, he puts 5g in her apron pocket, "Bottle of whiskey and a glass, please, gorgeous. Bag, you want anything?" Bagheera looks up at Gareth and licks her lips, as well as makes a smacking sound. Gareth smiles, "And Bagheera here will have a rare steak," Bagheera slightly bites him on the ankle, "Ow, ow, ok....a rare steak seared on either side. And a bucket of water, if you can. Thank you gorgeous."

Lioslaith
2016-07-12, 10:27 AM
Koruk watches the Ranger and the cat interact with admiration. "Do you think the wordsmith will discover anything?" he asks casually.

Irish Musician
2016-07-12, 10:39 AM
After the server leaves, Gareth rubs his ankles and seems to spank Bagheera on the butt, fairly hard. Though to her it just seems playful. In a low voice, "I do not know. I would hope so, so that we can get to bottom of these disappearances. I would like to see that enemy of ours again. And this time he would not escape me."

Lioslaith
2016-07-12, 11:41 AM
Koruk voices concerns that have been plaguing him since the group first met"We need to figure each other out and try to work as a group. If that one agent gave us that much trouble, I cannot see us being victorious against several of them."

Irish Musician
2016-07-12, 12:45 PM
Gareth smiles, blowing out a smoke ring, "It is true we were not quite in harmony on that fight. Bag and I are used to fighting on our own, so we don't always play well with others. But, given another fight or two, I am sure we will all be peas in a happy, little pod." Gareth pats the panther on her side, making a low, drum-like sound from her ribs.

JNAProductions
2016-07-12, 01:57 PM
The server returns, a little nervous around the big cat, and delivers the drinks and food. "Here you go-and I'd love to chat more, but I've got other customers. Nice chatting with you, big guy," she says, and leaves to help the other patrons.

Lioslaith
2016-07-12, 02:03 PM
Koruk turns and gives a grin to Gareth, "I think you made a friend!" He waggles his eyebrows and with his features it's a little disconcerting.

Irish Musician
2016-07-12, 02:08 PM
Gareth laughs and pours himself a whiskey shot, takes it all, and then pours another, "I do not think her 'big guy' was directed at me, Casanova." Gareth wears a smirk and puts the steak and water bucket down on the ground in front of Bagheera, after she starts to headbutt him when he isn't moving fast enough for her. "I am just sorry I chased her off from your flirting with each other."

Lioslaith
2016-07-12, 02:27 PM
Laughing for the first time in a long time, Koruk grins at the ranger, showing just a hint of the orc blood running through him. "No need to be sorry. She is a little too fragile for anything more than flirting and I was near the end of my witty remarks."

Ghost Nappa
2016-07-21, 08:42 PM
"Ulric, I think I'm done searching. I haven't found anything helpful. What do you have?"

Lioslaith
2016-08-09, 09:54 AM
After a bit of time goes by, "Where the hell are those two, they should be back by now. Hope they didn't decide to get a room."

Irish Musician
2016-08-09, 09:56 AM
Gareth's smirk comes back out, "Eh, maybe they did. Never hurts to have a little fun on the job....relieve the stress."

Lioslaith
2016-08-09, 10:14 AM
Koruk snorts loud enough to startle a few patrons sitting near them, "Should we go look for them? Perhaps they ran into some sort of trouble?"

Irish Musician
2016-08-09, 11:26 AM
Gareth chuckles, "I guess it would behoove us to go find them. If they got in trouble, I guess we'll have to get them out of it, eh?" Gareth finishes his drink and gets up to leave, Bagheera padding behind him. He finds their waitress and slides two gold pieces into her hand, thanking her for her service. He then goes with Koruk to find their companions.....hopefully not cut-up by some crazed apprentice.

JNAProductions
2016-08-09, 11:48 AM
The two set off, and, after a few questions on where to find it, go to the same library that Tinu and the other had set off to. Inside, they see them looking over books, apparently unharmed.

Lioslaith
2016-08-09, 01:33 PM
Koruk clears his throat probably louder than he should have, "Ahem, you two find anything useful?"

JNAProductions
2016-08-09, 01:43 PM
Koruk clears his throat probably louder than he should have, "Ahem, you two find anything useful?"

The librarian-a massive bear of a woman, looking to be probably 8' tall if she stood up-looks at Koruk and makes a shushing motion with her finger.

Irish Musician
2016-08-09, 03:11 PM
Gareth chuckles low as he looks at Koruk, "You got in troooooouble," ribbing the large orc with his elbow.

Bagheera doesn't think it is as funny, and without opening her mouth or baring teeth, lets a low growl that seem to emanate from her, towards the librarian.

Lioslaith
2016-08-10, 07:27 AM
Chuckling albeit quietly this time Koruk just nods and moves towards the others. Holding a finger to his lips in mocking response.

Ghost Nappa
2016-08-12, 04:28 PM
"I haven't found anything useful...but he seems to be lost in thought or something. He refuses to answer me."

Lioslaith
2016-08-13, 07:23 AM
"Perhaps he ran out of words? He uses so many at once.

JNAProductions
2016-08-13, 10:41 AM
I've sent a PM to Darklink, so hopefully he'll post soon. In the meantime, I'm not sure 100% what to do.

Ghost Nappa
2016-08-13, 07:34 PM
If he made a roll, use it and narrate what he found in third person. If he hasn't rolled yet, you could roll for him or arbitrarily decide whether or not he succeeds so we can stumble to the plot some other way.

JNAProductions
2016-08-13, 10:08 PM
PM has been sent, and responded to. I've given him a one-day deadline before I NPC him.

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 10:09 PM
Ulric finally finishes his studying and comes to report his findings.

"Alright-so we know they're dragons. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of info on them. But everything says they should be peaceful-they cooperated with humanoids in the past, helped us. Eventually, they retired to their eggs to wait for... Something. No one knows what."

Just outside the library, you hear a small commotion, followed by a faintly audible "Finally! I've found you all!"

Ghost Nappa
2016-08-16, 04:26 PM
Tinu'viel reacts poorly to Ulric's quick explanation. The dragons of her world were always hostile.

She mutters to herself, her hands raised so that her fingers just touch her temples. She appears to be in deep thought
"It can't be a coincidence but it doesn't explain what's going on either..."

Recalling recent history, there is nothing in her mind about dragon prophecies, their conditions, and fulfillment. She attempts to silence her thoughts to try to find something that would connect any of the following:

I don't know which would be more appropriate so here's both:
History: max(12, [roll0])
Religion: max (19, [roll1])

Dragon Eggs
Betrayal
Genocide
Apocalypse
Extinction of the Gods
Island Continents
Time Travel
Usurp/Supplication
Rising Sea Levels
Sunken Cities
Tritherion, The Summoner, God of Liberty and Retribution

JNAProductions
2016-08-16, 10:15 PM
Tinu'viel reacts poorly to Ulric's quick explanation. The dragons of her world were always hostile.

She mutters to herself, her hands raised so that her fingers just touch her temples. She appears to be in deep thought
"It can't be a coincidence but it doesn't explain what's going on either..."

Recalling recent history, there is nothing in her mind about dragon prophecies, their conditions, and fulfillment. She attempts to silence her thoughts to try to find something that would connect any of the following:

Dragon Eggs
Betrayal
Genocide
Apocalypse
Extinction of the Gods
Island Continents
Time Travel
Usurp/Supplication
Rising Sea Levels
Sunken Cities

You did get a nat 20, so I want to give you something. But as a newcomer to the world... I'm not sure realistically what you'd know.

Also, there was someone who was trying to find you guys. They might be important.

Lioslaith
2016-08-17, 06:16 AM
Koruk turns slowly at the call of the seeker, hand straying towards his weapon cautiously...

Irish Musician
2016-08-17, 09:46 AM
Gareth puts a hands on Koruk's shoulder, "Easy, friend. I doubt an attacked would announce themselves so brazenly," and he too looks towards the way of their caller.

JNAProductions
2016-08-17, 10:27 AM
A young woman, dressed in acolyte's robes, comes forward. "You're the group the High Priestess sent, right? I have news that I think you need to know-I haven't received any Sendings from her since you left for Bonta."

Irish Musician
2016-08-18, 10:32 AM
Gareth raises an eyebrow, "Who are you and how do we know you even work with the Priestess?" Bagheera pads next to Gareth, eyes starting straight up at the acolyte, nose sniffing the air around her.

Perception check for Bagheera, want to know if this girl smells like the acolyte that turned on us. Not exactly like, but just a general scent like the other one.

[roll0] or [roll1], whichever is higher

JNAProductions
2016-08-18, 10:37 AM
Gareth raises an eyebrow, "Who are you and how do we know you even work with the Priestess?" Bagheera pads next to Gareth, eyes starting straight up at the acolyte, nose sniffing the air around her.

Perception check for Bagheera, want to know if this girl smells like the acolyte that turned on us. Not exactly like, but just a general scent like the other one.

[roll0] or [roll1], whichever is higher

She doesn't smell anything off-the woman smells of ink and people, mostly.

"I... I don't know how to prove it to you. We could go to the church of Feca-they know me there. I mean, I've been working there for three years now! But I'm afraid I'm just an acolyte-I don't have any official signet rings or anything like that. But I was the one who was supposed to receive reports from the High Priestess-just the middlewoman, more of a glorified secretary than anything-but I haven't! Please, come with me to the church-we're all worried about what this means," the woman says, her voice starting to crack and a few tears coming to her eyes as she speaks.

Passive Insight says she's telling the truth.

Ghost Nappa
2016-08-18, 02:49 PM
"I would like to follow this lead. I believe she is sincere."

She has not even glanced at the woman. If anything, her eyes have closed even more. She appears to be concentrating quite hard.

JNAProductions
2016-08-18, 03:34 PM

Dragon Eggs
Betrayal
Genocide
Apocalypse
Extinction of the Gods
Island Continents
Time Travel
Usurp/Supplication
Rising Sea Levels
Sunken Cities

Dragon eggs are valuable, powerful magically, and delicious.
No famous betrayals in recent history.
The orcish genocide of Edinburgh.
Many doomsayers exist in recent and far history, none have been right so far, though said apocalypses were often thwarted at the last minute.
The gods are as they always are.
Nothing about island continents.
Time travel is thought to be possible, but no one has managed to do it.
Sea levels weren't rising-they were decreasing.
Many sunken cities are becoming unveiled as sea levels lower.
Tritherion has been distant, as of late-especially here in this new world.

Irish Musician
2016-08-19, 01:31 PM
Gareth bows his head, both to Tinu'viel, and to Bagheera who has determined that the girl is on the up and up. The large cat does what a small cat might, rub her chin and body against the girl's, marking her as her own, a very deep and large purr coming from her. Of course, being a bit larger, the girl almost topples over with Bagheera's affection. Gareth quickly grabs her back from behind, righting her up, "Seems Bagheera likes you, which means I trust you. We will do all we can to find out what's wrong with your Priestess. If anything."

JNAProductions
2016-08-19, 09:17 PM
Gareth bows his head, both to Tinu'viel, and to Bagheera who has determined that the girl is on the up and up. The large cat does what a small cat might, rub her chin and body against the girl's, marking her as her own, a very deep and large purr coming from her. Of course, being a bit larger, the girl almost topples over with Bagheera's affection. Gareth quickly grabs her back from behind, righting her up, "Seems Bagheera likes you, which means I trust you. We will do all we can to find out what's wrong with your Priestess. If anything."

"I'm j-just very c-c-... concerned, is all," she says, taking a deep breath as her words start to falter. "We know people have been vanishing, but the High Priestess suddenly ceasing communications... It's troubling. Profoundly troubling. Tell me-can any of you manage a Sending spell?"

Lioslaith
2016-08-21, 08:14 AM
Not! Wasn't getting thread updates sorry all.

Koruk shakes his massive head no to the sending spell request and lays a comforting hand on the girls shoulder. "Let's go see what is going on.

JNAProductions
2016-08-21, 10:46 PM
Not! Wasn't getting thread updates sorry all.

Koruk shakes his massive head no to the sending spell request and lays a comforting hand on the girls shoulder. "Let's go see what is going on.

The girl takes another deep breath, and nods.

JNAProductions
2016-08-22, 06:45 PM
The gods are, as far as you can tell, still dead. You've not received any signs of their presence here in the new world. But this world apparently has its own gods.

Ghost Nappa
2016-08-24, 06:55 PM
"Let's make our way to the temple of Feca then."

In her heart of hearts, Tinu'viel had many other reasons to go to a temple. She was beginning to lose grasp of reality. No that wasn't right. It had started years ago when Grokk was assassinated during his election. The world had been cruel before that certainly, with her being sold into slavery and having to escape and team up with some of the most secretly sociopathic people she had ever met or die. But discovering the death of the gods had shattered her world. She had been raised in a monastery. It was the only life she had ever known besides that of an adventurer. Discovering Tritherion's corpse was terrifying, not because she ever respected or believed in him, but because of how much worse things were for the deities she DID care about. Rao, Ehlonna, Istus, Kord, Rillifane Rallathil...Pholtus (she never dared to tell Fulconis)...Corellon Larethian....

Sehanine Moonbow.

When she discovered how viciously, how blasphemously some of them were killed it made her only more scared to not know how some of them were killed. When she couldn't find out how they died, but knew they were gone, she didn't dare to imagine their fate. She couldn't.

But just as when Laucian brought her from the brink of death to slay the Roc that nearly killed her, the despair lit a fire in her.

And her red eyes burned bright in the darkness.