PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creating your own Oracle Mystery?

Uhtred
2016-06-17, 12:37 AM
So recently, one of my characters acquired, and is subsequently possessed by, a sword which is the corpse of a long-dead god of fate whose death and transfiguration into a sword has driven mad, slowly turning its wielder into the avatar of fate. They're level 17, so they're reaching the near-god stage of their careers, and I figured that the transformation would involve slowly swapping his character levels out for Oracle levels, signifying his becoming a mouthpiece of fate, and at level 20 his transformation would be complete. I figured I'd go Time mystery, possibly Apocalypse if the god's madness is driving him to fulfill the unmaking of the world, as written in the scroll of fate, but I don't really feel like either mystery fits the flavor of fate as a fickle concept.
So how would I go about creating a mystery? Should I just go through mysteries and cherrypick the fun revelations, pick fate-y bonus spells, and then come up with a capstone? Or if I have to create new revelations, how do I go about making it feel balanced with the other mysteries available?

Florian
2016-06-17, 12:51 AM
That sounds more like youŽd want to get into Mythic territory instead of portraying it with Oracle levels.