PDA

View Full Version : Planescape's "Dead Gods" - 5th Edition Conversion

mgshamster
2016-06-17, 07:17 AM
WotC has taken down this product from the DMs Guild.

You can find it, still free, on Google Docs.

Dead Gods (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QjneCgo6BpdTVVQjZEbkZiU1k/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-MoCaVI8Rw4MZZR4OoB394Q)

Note that several of the creature conversions are now in Volo's Guide. You may wish to use those instead.

Hello Playground!

I'm back with another conversion of a great 2nd Edition AD&D Planescape adventure book!

Dead Gods - A 5th Edition Conversion (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/185801/Dead-Gods--5th-Edition-Conversion)

This is a free conversion for all mechanics in the campaign “Dead Gods” from Planescape AD&D Second Edition to D&D Fifth Edition (5e), an adventure for 6th to 9th level PCs. You must own the original campaign book to use this conversion.

In addition to all the magic items, creatures, NPCs, and more – the following are included in this document:

- Variant Rules for using magic to determine information on portals (and a 5th edition version of Warp Sense spell from the Planescape Campaign Setting Box Set)

- A translation of rules for Pandemonium from the Planes of Chaos Box Set (and optional Variant Rules for quicker play)

- Transcripts of all the unreadable pages! If the copy you own has the nine unreadable pages, then this is for you.

Dead Gods was the best adventure published for Planescape. It’s likely the best adventure published for all of 2nd Edition AD&D, and it consistently makes the top ten lists for best adventures published in D&D history – often ranking in the top five. It’s that good.

==============================

50 Pages! Whew! This took a lot of work; please donate a few quarters when you get this product. If I make enough money to buy a case of beer, I’ll be happy.

Please note that even thought the price is set at 50 cents, its "Pay What You Want," so you can still get it for free if you choose not to donate. Thanks and I hope you enjoy this wonderful adventure!

Falcon X
2016-06-17, 11:29 AM
Bless you mgshamster. Bless you.

As a giant fan of Planescape, it's inevitable that I would run this eventually, and you just made it easy.
Im dirt poor, but as soon as I can, I'll donate at least enough to buy you a beer.

mgshamster
2016-06-17, 11:45 AM
I'll also accept a good/constructive review! :)

mgshamster
2016-06-18, 09:56 AM
Would anyone like to review the conversion guide? How do you like it? Do I need to make any corrections?

Dark_Ansem
2016-07-14, 04:10 PM
Forgot my password, damn, I would love to try this!

mgshamster
2016-07-14, 04:24 PM
Forgot my password, damn, I would love to try this!

You should be able to get it from here if you don't have an account with the DM Guild. And it's still (and always will be) free. :)

Google drive link (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8QjneCgo6BpdTVVQjZEbkZiU1k)

Dark_Ansem
2016-07-14, 04:26 PM
Oh thank you very much. I'm browsing through it now :D

Inchoroi
2016-07-14, 08:07 PM
Did you include part two of Dead Gods...?

mgshamster
2016-07-14, 08:49 PM
Did you include part two of Dead Gods...?

Yes. I did both parts. The entire book.

Part two is called "Into the Light," and you can see the page reference in the table of contents.

DMBlackhart
2016-07-15, 03:40 PM
I will be diverting from the adventure I currently had laid out (which, coincidentally, placed the party in Sigil), and running this beautiful campaign to it's completion with your conversions.

Assuredly I will share these stories with you if you like. And let you know in which way the party breaks/undermines the careful work you've put forth.

Post Script, thank you VERY much. I have been wanting to run this (again) for about seven years or so.