PDA

View Full Version : Blood hunter/War Cleric Multi-Class?

IM DIRTY DAN
2016-06-17, 08:59 AM
I'm new to the concept of Multi-Classing and I would like any advice/recommendations/help on making a Blood Hunter (Profane Soul) and War Cleric build. More specifically one based around DEX and ranged weapons

JeffreyGator
2016-06-17, 05:02 PM
This seems very MAD to me if I understand your intentions correctly.

You want to use Favored Soul sorcerer with an Evil/War Diety and also be a War Cleric. So right off you are combining casting classes to get lots more versatility but nothing but low level spells to use in high level slots. And you primarily want to be a dex based fighter.

so you need high wis and cha for the cleric and sorc abilities and high dex to fight and high con to survive.

You can dump str a bit as you are using finesse for fighting and AC. so leather + shield +dex for 16-19 AC?

I don't know that this would be a good idea for someone to try that was new to Multi-classing.

spartan_ah
2016-06-17, 05:14 PM
This seems very MAD to me if I understand your intentions correctly.

You want to use Favored Soul sorcerer with an Evil/War Diety and also be a War Cleric. So right off you are combining casting classes to get lots more versatility but nothing but low level spells to use in high level slots. And you primarily want to be a dex based fighter.

so you need high wis and cha for the cleric and sorc abilities and high dex to fight and high con to survive.

You can dump str a bit as you are using finesse for fighting and AC. so leather + shield +dex for 16-19 AC?

I don't know that this would be a good idea for someone to try that was new to Multi-classing.
Blood hunter, not sorcerer

RulesJD
2016-06-17, 06:49 PM
I'm new to the concept of Multi-Classing and I would like any advice/recommendations/help on making a Blood Hunter (Profane Soul) and War Cleric build. More specifically one based around DEX and ranged weapons

Um, why?

Blood Hunter is perhaps the best single class there is. Multiclassing is pretty pointless.

JakOfAllTirades
2016-06-17, 11:50 PM
Um, why?

Blood Hunter is perhaps the best single class there is. Multiclassing is pretty pointless.

I'd suggest 1 level of Nature Cleric w/the Shillelagh cantrip. Then you've got a Blood Hunter with a single-stat (WIS) build and Heavy Armor proficiency.

Jarlhen
2016-06-18, 12:13 AM
Um, why?

Although I agree that multiclassing a BH does probably not serve you much good as they get a whole bunch of unique-ish things in one package, they're hardly the best. Barbarian, Paladin, fighter, wizard, sorcerer, have you even seen a full cleric in action? It's top tier for sure, it's a great class, very versatile, capable of really solid and consistent damage, but hardly the best.

Sir cryosin
2016-06-18, 06:27 AM
What are you trying to get out of this MC?

IM DIRTY DAN
2016-06-18, 09:01 AM
What are you trying to get out of this MC?

Pretty much I'm trying to increase my casting ability, the way the storyline is being set up is that there's three blood hunters in a little group, one Lycan, one Ghostslayer, and one Profane Soul. We're doing this for story purposes so I'm trying to make it better mechanically by offsetting the limits you have for casting because you work like a warlock. Specifically I wanted to utilize the ability in the BH class where you can cast a spell on a weapon and attack with the weapon and the spell simotaneusly, the cleric spell system isn't nearly as limiting so I could have more slots and spells to utilize that feature, not to mention war clerics have strong buffs for battle

Jarlhen
2016-06-19, 02:25 PM
Pretty much I'm trying to increase my casting ability, the way the storyline is being set up is that there's three blood hunters in a little group, one Lycan, one Ghostslayer, and one Profane Soul. We're doing this for story purposes so I'm trying to make it better mechanically by offsetting the limits you have for casting because you work like a warlock. Specifically I wanted to utilize the ability in the BH class where you can cast a spell on a weapon and attack with the weapon and the spell simotaneusly, the cleric spell system isn't nearly as limiting so I could have more slots and spells to utilize that feature, not to mention war clerics have strong buffs for battle

Out of curiosity, how do you feel the three different specs are performing in combat? About equally well?

Arkhios
2016-06-19, 02:57 PM
what, or more precisely, where is Blood Hunter? I've never heard of such a class.

Jarlhen
2016-06-19, 03:35 PM
what, or more precisely, where is Blood Hunter? I've never heard of such a class.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class

spartan_ah
2016-06-19, 05:12 PM
MC with warlock

Arkhios
2016-06-19, 11:50 PM
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class

Hrm, okay...

JakOfAllTirades
2016-06-20, 03:22 PM
Hrm, okay...

Best third party class I've seen, and the only one I allow at my table. (Not so much the Alchemy-based archetype; that one's just bad.)

Arkhios
2016-06-20, 03:30 PM
Best third party class I've seen, and the only one I allow at my table. (Not so much the Alchemy-based archetype; that one's just bad.)

I generally steer clear from 3rd party stuff. Unearthed Arcana included. But, ignore me and my opinions on this regard.