PDA

View Full Version : DSP Psionics:Augment Clarification

Cranky Mcduff
2016-06-17, 06:59 PM
I found one answer for this, but it didn't quite answer my question. The power the OP used for an example was Precognition, Defensive. Under it's Augment section it has 2 Augments:

Augment You can augment this power in one or both of the following ways.

1. For every 3 additional power points you spend, the insight bonus gained increases by 1.

2. If you spend 6 additional power points, you can manifest this power as a swift action.

Seems fairly clear. If I wanted to bump up the insight bonus by 1 I would pay 3 more points and if I wanted to make it cost a swift action I would pay 6 MORE points. Here's where I'm a little puzzled and I'll be using another 1st level power as my example; Control Object

Augment You can augment this power in one or both of the following ways.

1. For every 2 additional power points you spend, you can control another object at the same time.

2. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the weight of the object you can control increases by 100 lb.

The language of the second Augment is throwing me off a bit. Unlike Precog, who's 2nd Augment starts with "If you spend", indicating a seperate expenditure of power, the 2nd Augment for CO starts with "For every", indicating that if I spent 2 power points I could control 1 additional object AND my weight limit would go up 100lbs. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Manyasone
2016-06-17, 07:39 PM
Yup. It's either one or the other. Language is just a bit messed up concerning some augments. Only some energy powers have DC increase for free when you augment