PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rule quesiton

Zellsantal
2016-06-18, 12:09 AM
Ok in my pathfinder group I am playing a synthesis summoner and the question I have is can you use the spell enlarge person on your eidolon? I am using hero lab to make my character and by the settings it seems I can, however I want to know for sure before I start using the spell.

grarrrg
2016-06-18, 12:22 AM
Ok in my pathfinder group I am playing a synthesis summoner and the question I have is can you use the spell enlarge person on your eidolon? I am using hero lab to make my character and by the settings it seems I can, however I want to know for sure before I start using the spell.

Yes. Enlarge Person works perfectly fine with a Synthesist.

If it matters, the FAQ that brought up the "potential size issues" was more concerned with _Reduce_ Person and Synthesists.

Topaz
2016-06-18, 12:30 AM
This came up in our game and everything we could find on the Paizo boards indicated you could.

Zellsantal
2016-06-18, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys.

Necromancy
2016-06-19, 12:21 AM
Like familiars, Eidolons have the "Share Spells" ability noted as such (citing the bolded statement)

Share Spells (Ex)

The summoner may cast a spell with a target of “you” on his eidolon (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on himself. A summoner may cast spells on his eidolon even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the eidolon’s type (outsider). Spells cast in this way must come from the summoner spell list.

This ability does not allow the eidolon to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.

It's worth nothing the underlined section as well. The list of spells this applies per RAW (decipher as you see fit) to is as follows

Read Magic
Expeditious Retreat
Shield
Compel Hostility
Life Conduit
Enlarge Tail
Alter Self
See Invisibility
Glide
Warding Weapon
Fire Shield
Life Conduit, Improved