PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Another synthesis summoner question

Zellsantal
2016-06-18, 10:01 AM
Again another question with this build, I am trying to understand of the attack order or rather the total amount of attack I can do. On there I have 2 claw attack(x2) and a bite attack. Now dose that mean I have 5 attacks all together and if so are they all at my max attack or is it with the claw attack I get two attacks at my highest attack bonus then two other attack at my second attack bonus with my claw attacks?

Also another question that I need to know, if I cast haste on myself would I get only one extra attack or would I get one extra attack for each of my natural attacks?

Daefos
2016-06-18, 12:43 PM
Again another question with this build, I am trying to understand of the attack order or rather the total amount of attack I can do. On there I have 2 claw attack(x2) and a bite attack. Now dose that mean I have 5 attacks all together and if so are they all at my max attack or is it with the claw attack I get two attacks at my highest attack bonus then two other attack at my second attack bonus with my claw attacks?
If you mean that you have four claws and one bite attack, then yes, you'd get five attacks assuming you're high enough level (remember that a Synthesist is still limited by their Eidolon's maximum number of natural attacks, so even with five natural weapons you can't make all five attacks until level 9). Both the Claws and Bite evolution list them as being primary attacks, so they'd all be made with your full base attack bonus.

Also another question that I need to know, if I cast haste on myself would I get only one extra attack or would I get one extra attack for each of my natural attacks?
You'd only get one extra attack.

grarrrg
2016-06-18, 01:34 PM
Natural Attacks work differently than 'normal' attacks.

Each Natural Attack is limited to _once_ per Full Attack (there are a few exceptions, like Haste, but these are rare).

So if you have 2 Claws + Bite, then each Full Attack you can at most make 2 Claw attacks and 1 Bite attack.

Note that each Claw must make it's own attack. If you are holding something in your Left Hand, then that hand cannot make Claw attacks, and you do NOT get to make 2 Attacks with your Right Claw.

Natural Attacks are either Primary or Secondary.
Primary Naturals use your Full Bab (regardless of how many Primary/Natural attacks you get), and use your Full STR Bonus to damage.
Secondary Naturals use Bab-5, and only get 1/2 STR to damage.

If you use a Manufactured weapon as part of a Full Attack, then ALL Naturals become treated as Secondaries.

Haste gives you _one_ extra attack, and Haste (almost) NEVER stacks with itself. This is true regardless of Natural or Manufactured attacks.
So you get either 1 extra Claw attack OR 1 extra Bite.