PDA

View Full Version : So when wildshaping are DCs based on your hit dice if its an ex attack?

Zephonim
2016-06-18, 07:08 PM
Reading the Master of Many Forms Bible where it says this "DCs from extraordinary abilities are based on your HD, not the creatures." Is this true? I was looking in the errata/FAQ to confirm but can't seem to find a definite answer so i don't seem like a massive douche when I turn into a Rust Monster and hit someones armor with a DC 29 save. (+10 Con when I wildshape because Warshaper and a wildling clasped +6 Con tunic) and I am level 19.

I am a Master of Many Forms as well all 10 levels if that affects anything.

Link to bible below
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471903-Updated-Master-of-Many-Forms-Bible-Official-Wild-Shape-Rules-May-2006-%28HarzerKatze%29

Necroticplague
2016-06-19, 01:37 AM
Reading the Master of Many Forms Bible where it says this "DCs from extraordinary abilities are based on your HD, not the creatures." Is this true? I was looking in the errata/FAQ to confirm but can't seem to find a definite answer so i don't seem like a massive douche when I turn into a Rust Monster and hit someones armor with a DC 29 save. (+10 Con when I wildshape because Warshaper and a wildling clasped +6 Con tunic) and I am level 19.

I am a Master of Many Forms as well all 10 levels if that affects anything.

Link to bible below
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471903-Updated-Master-of-Many-Forms-Bible-Official-Wild-Shape-Rules-May-2006-%28HarzerKatze%29
If the ability is specifically formatted as "10+ .5 HD+stat", yes. However, most abilities are presented by RAW as "DC XX, stat base". So the only strict RAW you can do to modify it is increase the CON score of the rust monster.

Incidentally, even if you do use the really hard save interpretation, don't feel too bad. At level 19, the kind of enemies you're up against should either have armor not be that relevant (massive amounts of natural armor or really high dex/deflecctions bonuses), able to trivially afford to make armors rustproof (dragonhide, durable, I think dwarvencraft?), or both.