PDA

View Full Version : made a social rogue in a not so roleplay game.. how should I evolve it ?

LordSepht
2016-06-18, 08:20 PM
so we start a game recenly and I've tried to buid a social rogue with a 3d6 stat based... so that what I got. I'm a human lvl 2 and OMG the game is battle oriented...so well .. I maybe need a little bit edge in combat

that my stat

str:13
con:13
dex:13
int:15
cha:16

my skill is '' bluff, intimidation, disguise, craft: poison, diplomatie, UMD, and that what i'm remember ( I do not have my sheet with me''

my feat are : combat expertise
improve faint

so I know we play with DnD 3.5 and pathfinder ( who I know nothing about) and I really need advice to perfect a buid ..my goal is to became a sort of spy master( having a network of spy)....but the game seem to be more battle oriented... so i'm a little bit in need of advice...

Troacctid
2016-06-18, 08:39 PM
Okay. Well, for starters, Improved Feint is junk, so get rid of that.

Are you using the Pathfinder rogue or the 3.5 rogue? And if Pathfinder, are you using the Unchained version? Unchained rogue is the best version of the rogue, so that's the one you'd want to use, given the choice.

LordSepht
2016-06-18, 08:44 PM
my rogue is already create so I have what I have and for patfinder I do not know butI said the original one... I start with the DnD 3.5 version of the rogue but the DM is open to pick the stat in each of the book as please

Seppo87
2016-06-19, 07:38 AM
It's gonna be difficult with those stats.

My best bet would be to multiclass into Pathfinder Swasbuckler (inspired blade) and then add Daring Outlaw on top of it.
You will suffer a bit but if you keep pumping your dex in the end you'll become reasonably effective by mid levels onward

A dip into Warblade could also do wonders for you.

Make sure you are using the pf rogue not the 3.5 one. Even without unchained, pf rogue is much better.

Syll
2016-06-19, 10:03 AM
my rogue is already created so I have what I have and for pathfinder I do not know but I said the original one... I started with the DnD 3.5 version of the rogue but the DM is open to picking the stats in either of the books as you please

If he is open to plucking rules from either game, you could always retrain the feat using pathfinders feat retraining rules (or 3.5's optional retraining rules, for that matter)

But, have you tried just explaining your dilemma to the DM, and asking for him to let you move your stats/feats about as a one time thing?

Gildedragon
2016-06-19, 10:59 AM
With those stats you might want to consider going into sorcerer next level and maybe gunning for prestige bard...