PDA

View Full Version : Ducktales RPG

whisperwind1
2016-06-18, 10:53 PM
Have you guys ever wanted to play/run a Ducktales game? Because I do, and I would use Savage Worlds for it. What about the rest of you guys? I'm guessing mechanically it wouldn't be D&D (unless you were trying to go really over the top that is).

Systems, plothooks, premises, all are welcome!

Herobizkit
2016-06-19, 05:19 AM
Modern setting, standard Tomb Raider-y adventures, people are anthropomorphic ducks, some 'cartoon logic' may be permitted.

I'd say extend the Ducktales reality to include Darkwing Duck (was a spin-off of Ducktales anyhow), Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers (for folks who want to play really small characters) and maybe Talespin (for folks who want to play large bears)...

Maybe their adventures take them to other Disney-themed places... imagine, fr'ex, entering a land of Humans that have Gummi Bears, or having to visit Agrabah, or ancient Greece, or getting to interact with Gargoyles or the Mighty Ducks.

whisperwind1
2016-06-19, 10:46 AM
Modern setting, standard Tomb Raider-y adventures, people are anthropomorphic ducks, some 'cartoon logic' may be permitted.

I'd say extend the Ducktales reality to include Darkwing Duck (was a spin-off of Ducktales anyhow), Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers (for folks who want to play really small characters) and maybe Talespin (for folks who want to play large bears)...

Maybe their adventures take them to other Disney-themed places... imagine, fr'ex, entering a land of Humans that have Gummi Bears, or having to visit Agrabah, or ancient Greece, or getting to interact with Gargoyles or the Mighty Ducks.

That actually sounds pretty great. Although I assume Agrabah would be a modern city at that point in the timeline. Gargoyles would be great and all, but wouldn't it raise problems setting-wise if the people of New York are humans in a world of Disney-style anthropomorphic animals?

That said, an adventure in Hawaii where the players team up with Lilo & Stitch sounds pretty great.

Thrudd
2016-06-19, 02:32 PM
That actually sounds pretty great. Although I assume Agrabah would be a modern city at that point in the timeline. Gargoyles would be great and all, but wouldn't it raise problems setting-wise if the people of New York are humans in a world of Disney-style anthropomorphic animals?

That said, an adventure in Hawaii where the players team up with Lilo & Stitch sounds pretty great.

Human-centric and different time period Disney worlds would need to be alternate dimensions/planes. I wouldn't go that route until/unless the game has gone on for a long time in anthro-animal world and has been pretty much fully explored and tapped-out in terms of adventure ideas.

But definately, all the anthropomorphic animal shows are pretty clearly the same world, or easily could be.

Herobizkit
2016-06-20, 04:24 AM
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" offers one possible answer to those incompatibilities.

The Mount Hollywood Tunnel in L.A. was a gateway from "normals" to Toon Town, where all of the (WB) cartoon characters dwell.

You could also make it a Zelda-esque "flip world" where Duckburg and perhaps all of Earth is a flipside of the real Earth.

Acc'd to wiki:

Life in the "Donald Duck universe" centers on the city of Duckburg, usually located in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota, analogous to Northern California).

There could be other such portals to Toon World...

Beleriphon
2016-06-20, 08:30 AM
Life in the "Donald Duck universe" centers on the city of Duckburg, usually located in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota, analogous to Northern California).

There could be other such portals to Toon World...

Which by extension should include Goofy, and Mikey Mouse. At the very least the town of Spoonerville exists along with Duckburg and St. Canard.