PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite B-side?

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-29, 06:20 PM
This is the thread where everyone lists their favorite B-sides! (as if you couldn't guess that by the title) Also, if you can post a link to the B-side, so we can all listen to it, that'd be awesome. :smallbiggrin:

My personal favorite b-side would be Horror Show by Third Eye Blind...

Horror Show (http://3ebarchive.com/music/Third Eye Blind - Horror Show.mp3)

p.s. How do I make my link say something other than the url?

Dib
2007-06-29, 06:36 PM
p.s. How do I make my link say something other than the url?

Well, I can tell you that I know bugger all about b-sides... but if you want a url to say something different, just put instead of just putting [url]... then in the middel put whatever you want it to say...

Example: [url=http://3ebarchive.com/music/Third]Horrow Show, B-side (type url here)

FdL
2007-06-29, 06:43 PM
In general I tend to like B-sides. I like the concept, because they are like hidden songs, special in some way, less well known and sometimes left out of the album for not fitting in it even though they are good.

I like to have all b-sides of the bands I like, I love it when they put out thorough compilations of b-sides, like Superchunk does (3 volumes so far), Stereolab (what, like 4?) and others. Some bands don't compile them (booo Teenage Fanclub et al).

My favorite band, Throwing Muses, has pretty good B-sides. That's why I ended up buying the cd singles whenever I could find them. Some great songs can be found in them.

Like "City of the dead", a sexy dirge-like song about dead lovers's corpses floating around New Orleans in a flood, and featuring some mindblowing feedback electric guitar leads.

Or "Same Sun", an edgy song with such great lyrics as "I broke the payphone when you called / I stole the wire that owned a goddam piece of you" and "it's the same sun / on the dashboard / that burnt your mother / I need another".

Also "Like a dog" with its sweet pensive lyrics and a guitar riff that floats, lingering between verses, and the amazing bass chords and twinkly, angular arpeggiated guitar in "Red Eyes".

But well, pretty much every song Throwing Muses record is amazing, so you can't go wrong with b-sides.

SDF
2007-06-29, 06:47 PM
Your link is broken, you have spaces in it.

Well there is the entire Number Girl B-Side album that is pretty great.

Bright Eyes - Don't Know When But a Day is Gonna Come is a favorite of mine, but so much of the music I like could be classified as a b-sides... iuno the list goes on for days.