PDA

View Full Version : Armaraphaim 5e DND IC Campaign Thread

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 03:47 PM
You all see the gates of Tymoria in front of you. It's walls painted a vibrant blue with golden details. A golden statues of a giant scale is in the middle of the road.

drmuser
2016-06-19, 04:16 PM
Vernia sits restlessly in the coach before the gates of Tymoria, looking over its painted walls and the prominent statue in the center of the road. She looks to the other person in the coach with her and says:

"In my time in the woods, the city has grown unfamiliar, though I remember my father mentioning the this city state as being part of some form of union with other cities."

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 04:21 PM
Vernia sits restlessly in the coach before the gates of Tymoria, looking over its painted walls and the prominent statue in the center of the road. She looks to the other person in the coach with her and says:

"In my time in the woods, the city has grown unfamiliar, though I remember my father mentioning the this city state as being part of some form of union with other cities."

Rictumal looks over and speaks, having been quiet the previous legs of the journey. I see you are a fellow person of the forest, albiet probably a different one from the lycantropy infested woods my clan of monster hunters comes from. I venture here for the occasional good I cannot receive elsewhere and to help cleanse monsters from the land. I'm currently on an expedition to do such clearing of mosnters as we speak. Also, you are correct they are the Phaimian Union of City-States.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 04:23 PM
Vernia's coach comes to a halt as Rictumal finishes speaking.

drmuser
2016-06-19, 04:25 PM
Rictumal looks over and speaks, having been quiet the previous legs of the journey. The others in the stagecoach are silent. I see you are a fellow person of the forest, albiet probably a different one from the lycantropy infested woods my clan of monster hunters comes from. I venture here for the occasional good I cannot receive elsewhere and to help cleanse monsters from the land. I'm currently on an expedition to do such clearing of mosnters as we speak. Also, you are correct they are the Phaimian Union of City-States.

You're correct, huntsman. The forests that hosted my wanderings were comparatively quieter, with the presence of my father's men. I was driven there by circumstance though, not choice. I'm interested in your clan. Perhaps I have heard there name?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 04:27 PM
You're correct, huntsman. The forests that hosted my wandererings were comparatively queiter, with the presence of my father's men. I was driven there by circumstance though, not choice. I'm interested in your clan. Perhaps I have heard there name?

As Rictumal exits the coach he responds. My clan is the Silverblood clan, we are quite notorious for our lycanthrope slaying.

drmuser
2016-06-19, 04:31 PM
As Rictumal exits the coach he responds. My clan is the Silverblood clan, we are quite notorious for our lycanthrope slaying.

Vernia nods and gets and follows Rictumal out of the coach. A worthy name for such a cause.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:13 PM
Del, walks towards the city gates with an exhausted and dour facial expression. The closer to the gate and with more witnesses his face visible brightens, and a smile forms on his face. He looks out for a place with a lot of prosperous looking foot traffic, and as he gets closer he curiously eyes a halfling and a human outlander talking

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:18 PM
Del, walks towards the city gates with an exhausted and dour facial expression. The closer to the gate and with more witnesses his face visible brightens, and a smile forms on his face. He looks out for a place with a lot of prosperous looking foot traffic, and as he gets closer he curiously eyes a halfling and a human outlander talking

Rictumal notices the half-elf and yells Hey, you over there! Is there something wrong?!

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 05:22 PM
Sarissa, out exploring the area around Tymoria, returns to her home city, seeing a small, scurrying form approaching her. She bends down to pick up the tiny mouse, saying Hello Nerissa.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:23 PM
Rictumal notices the half-elf and yells Hey, you over there! Is there something wrong?!"Not at all good Sir, I was just admiring the skull in your armor. Most impressive. An heirloom perhaps?

drmuser
2016-06-19, 05:24 PM
Rictumal notices the half-elf and yells Hey, you over there! Is there something wrong?!

"Steady on there Rictumal, he's merely a traveler as we are."Vernia motions over to the half-elf. "We are also new arrivals to the city, come join us."

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:28 PM
"Steady on there Rictumal, he's merely a traveler as we are."Vernia motions over to the half-elf. "We are also new arrivals to the city, come join us."Why thank you. Do you know of a good Inn, by chance?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:28 PM
"Steady on there Rictumal, he's merely a traveler as we are."Vernia motions over to the half-elf. "We are also new arrivals to the city, come join us."

Rictumal Remarks as he continues walking No, I killed the beast this casted skull belongs to myself, my pike and sword are my heirlooms.

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 05:29 PM
Why thank you. Do you know of a good Inn, by chance?

Oh! Sarissa says, hearing this. I could recommend some good inns, if you like, she says, walking over to the group.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:30 PM

Aye, the Wobbling Wizard is a nice, cheap inn. It has a good bar-tend and decent rooms. I stayed there on a previous run for supplies.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:31 PM
Oh! Sarissa says, hearing this. I could recommend some good inns, if you like, she says, walking over to the group.

Ah, another traveller I presume?

drmuser
2016-06-19, 05:31 PM

"I fear not, this is my first time to the city. I've mostly lived in the countryside since my upbringing. Though now that you mention it, I could use a drink."

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 05:32 PM
Ah, another traveller I presume?

No, I live here. But I've stayed in inns quite a bit-they're willing to let you stay free if you do performances.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:33 PM
The gates are still a few minutes walk away. Various carts can be seen unloading.
It seems we're forming a group of travellers. What do you call that, a clan? A pack? A band?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:34 PM
No, I live here. But I've stayed in inns quite a bit-they're willing to let you stay free if you do performances.

Interesting, I actually have a few good stories, but a performer, I am not.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:34 PM
Aye, the Wobbling Wizard is a nice, cheap inn. It has a good bar-tend and decent rooms. I stayed there on a previous run for supplies.

No, I live here. But I've stayed in inns quite a bit-they're willing to let you stay free if you do performances.Well I'm thirsty myself! Lets go hence!

Monk Misty
2016-06-19, 05:35 PM
Devin approaches the city gates with an even, determined step. She doesn't much like the city, finding it too busy for her tastes, but she has to admit that it is much easier to gather information in a crowd than in her preferred solitude. She approaches the rather diverse group before her, "Pardon me, did I overhear you say you had some recommendations for inns?

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 05:36 PM
Yes-this man here recommended the Wobbling Wizard, and I heartily second that.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:36 PM
Devin approaches the city gates with an even, determined step. She doesn't much like the city, finding it too busy for her tastes, but she has to admit that it is much easier to gather information in a crowd than in her preferred solitude. She approaches the rather diverse group before her, "Pardon me, did I overhear you say you had some recommendations for inns?

That we did. Feel free to join us.

drmuser
2016-06-19, 05:37 PM
The gates are still a few minutes walk away. Various carts can be seen unloading.
It seems we're forming a group of travellers. What do you call that, a clan? A pack? A band?

"A company perhaps?"

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:38 PM
Interesting, I actually have a few good stories, but a performer, I am not.A story is merely a song without music! I think that may be rectified!

Monk Misty
2016-06-19, 05:38 PM
"I thank you for the kind invitation, I believe I shall take you up on that. I have little knowledge of the city."

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:39 PM
"A company perhaps?"
The guards at the gate look at the strange company and let them pass.
Perhaps
The town has many bright colors and shops, however one building shines above the rest.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:41 PM
A story is merely a song without music! I think that may be rectified!

I'll tell you the stories at the inn. I think I see it. The one with the blue sign with a red burst pattern

drmuser
2016-06-19, 05:42 PM
The guards at the gate look at the strange company and let them pass.
Perhaps
The town has many bright colors and shops, however one building shines above the rest.

I survey the street and the building that stands out. What is the most common race I can see or is it a mix?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 05:42 PM
As Rictumal points that out, everyone notices a bounty board to our left.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 05:50 PM
As Rictumal points that out, everyone notices a bounty board to our left.What's this?

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 06:42 PM
Having just arrived through the gate by foot, Velyx walked through the crowd towards what appeared to be some kind of bounty board and noticed a group of well equipped people there, taking a moment to remember the common tounge Velyx approached them.

"Greetings, do you happen to know of any taverns nearby and perhaps a temple to Bahamut or Tiamat?"

He asked the small gathering.

Velyx is a tall dragonborn wearing chainmail with platinum colored scales and dreadlocks that are each a very dark shade of a different color. He also has a multi-colored disk on a necklace he wears.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 06:47 PM
Having just arrived through the gate by foot, Velyx walked through the crowd towards what appeared to be some kind of bounty board and noticed a group of well equipped people there, taking a moment to remember the common tounge Velyx approached them.

"Greetings, do you happen to know of any taverns nearby and perhaps a temple to Bahamut or Tiamat?"

He asked the small gathering.

Velyx is a tall dragonborn wearing chainmail with platinum colored scales and dreadlocks that are each a very dark shade of a different color. He also has a multi-colored disk on a necklace he wears.

We were just about to enter the Wobbling Wizard on the right. He points to a building with a blue sign with a red burst. I've never heard of a Beehoomot or a Teemot, but there is the temple of Tymora over there. He points to a tall golden building.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 06:56 PM
We were just about to enter the Wobbling Wizard on the right. He points to a building with a blue sign with a red burst. I've never heard of a Beehoomot or a Teemot, but there is the temple of Tymora over there. He points to a tall golden building.

Velyx decides to not challenge the man because he is unfamiliar with the names he is defiling but as he looks at the Wobbling Wizard he notices a symbol of Io on the side of it, keeping this knowledge to himself he nods.

"If you do not mind some extra company, can I perhaps join you? Given our shared object of interest I think we may be in the same line of work." Velyx asks politely as he gestures to the board.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 06:57 PM
Velyx decides to not challenge the man because he is unfamiliar with the names he is defiling but as he looks at the Wobbling Wizard he notices a symbol of Io on the side of it, keeping this knowledge to himself he nods.

"If you do not mind some extra company, can I perhaps join you? Given our shared object of interest I think we may be in the same line of work." Velyx asks politely as he gestures to the board.

I mainly hunt monsters and cannot speak for the others, but feel free to join us.

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 07:06 PM
[roll0]

In the future, just alert us in the OOC thread-no need to send PMs.

The more the merrier! Sarissa says, glad to have some company.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 07:07 PM
I mainly hunt monsters and cannot speak for the others, but feel free to join us.

"Thank you for your hospitality, I am Velyx." Velyx says as he extends a large scaly hand.

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 07:07 PM
History or Religion (same check either way) [roll0].

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 07:08 PM
Rictumal shakes the hand. Looks like someone painted a weird lizard orb on that wall.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 07:13 PM
Rictumal shakes the hand. Looks like someone painted a weird lizard orb on that wall.

"Hunter, that is the symbol of the god Io, can you please show it greater respect?" Velyx asked with a ting of venom in his voice.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 07:17 PM
"Hunter, that is the symbol of the god Io, can you please show it greater respect?" Velyx asked with a ting of venom in his voice.

My apologies, I never learned much about religions. I only know what this town worships because they talk about it often.I just assumed it was modern art or something. He points to some modern art closeby as he approaches the tavern/inn.

We can now use OOC spoilers, because it's getting too hard to do all this thread switching.
Oops forgot a description too. Rictumal is tall. Covered in silver/electrum/gold covered chain mail and has a large amount of equipment on his back. He is taller than most humans, is muscular, and has a large silver plated werewolf skull on his left shoulder

drmuser
2016-06-19, 07:36 PM
"Thank you for your hospitality, I am Velyx." Velyx says as he extends a large scaly hand.

Greetings Dragonborn, I am Vernia of Goldenborough.

Looks like I forgot to initially describe myself, oops

Vernia is a broad halfling, larger then most. She has long, thick and wild blond hair that almost looks like a mane. Her face is dirty from being on the road. She wears unusually nice clothing for someone wielding a crudely made spear and shield, she also various furs sewn into the elegant clothing.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 07:56 PM
Del is the size of an adolescent/adult human with silver/white hair that looks out of place with his young face. The hair is long and bushy enough to cover the tips of his ears, but his half moon-elf heritage is betrayed by the paler of his skin. He wears leather armor, a backpack with a swarm (sort of a medieval clarinet) tied to it, a rapier at his waist, a short bow over his shoulder, and quite out of place a blue broad brimmed hat with a feather in it.
What's significant about these markings?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 07:57 PM
Del is the size of an adolescent/adult human with silver/white hair that looks out of place with his young face. The hair is long and bushy enough to cover the tips of his ears, but his half moon-elf heritage is betrayed by the paler of his skin. He wears leather armor, a backpack with a swarm (sort of a medieval clarinet) tied to it, a rapier at his waist, a short bow over his shoulder, and quite out of place a blue broad brimmed hat with a feather in it.
What's significant about these markings?

Velyx said it was a dragon god's symbol.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 07:58 PM
Greetings Dragonborn, I am Vernia of Goldenborough.

Looks like I forgot to initially describe myself, oops

Vernia is a broad halfling, larger then most. She has long, thick and wild blond hair that almost looks like a mane. Her face is dirty from being on the road. She wears unusually nice clothing for someone wielding a crudely made spear and shield, she also various furs sewn into the elegant clothing.

Velyx nods at the creature in return, not too familiar with it's species.

"Nice to meet you, I am Velyx, priest of Io."

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 08:00 PM
Maybe we should enter and not spend so long standing in place. It's starting to get awkward
Commoners are beginning to glare at the group suspiciously.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 08:01 PM
Velyx said it was a dragon god's symbol.

"Strange." Velyx murmured in Draconic. "I did not say that Io was a dragon god...." he murmured in draconic once more.

Velyx readies drawing his warhammer and keeps an eye on this "hunter".

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 08:06 PM
Maybe we should enter and not spend so long standing in place. It's starting to get awkward
Commoners are beginning to glare at the group suspiciously.
Shall we go to an Inn and talk over some Ale?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 08:06 PM
Feel free to roll perception people other than curious
[roll0]

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 08:07 PM
visual perception [roll0]

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-19, 08:08 PM
Shall we go to an Inn and talk over some Ale?

Velyx nods in approval and enters the inn/tavern.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 08:11 PM
"Strange." Velyx murmured in Draconic. "I did not say that Io was a dragon god...." he murmured in draconic once more.

Velyx readies drawing his warhammer and keeps an eye on this "hunter".

Rictumal notices the dragonborn looks confused and angry.I presumed Io was a god, as you seem to be a cleric since have a barely noticable glow and became very defensive. I apologize if I am wrong, but the only time I've gotten reactions like that out of people was when I insulted their beliefs on accident. Also, did you say something, or am I hearing things?
I count all die rolls ending above 20 as crits.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 08:12 PM
Barkeep 6 rooms! Rictumal tosses a few gold coins the keep's way.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 08:13 PM
First roll attempt!!!!!! (1d20)[11]

drmuser
2016-06-19, 09:02 PM
Vernia buys an ale for herself and the dragonborn, and then sits down with him.

So what brings you to the city?

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 09:11 PM
The barkeep gives you two two ales and some peanuts for 1 gp.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 10:19 PM
Del puts down two GP's and says "put the next round for my new friends on me!"

drmuser
2016-06-19, 10:40 PM

Vernia motions you over.

Come over friend and talk.Tell me about yourself. I have seen few of your kind.

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 10:44 PM
The barkeep passes ale to the group. Rictumal is seen in the corner standing.

Monk Misty
2016-06-19, 10:51 PM

Devin accepts the ale with a smile.
"That is very kind of you."

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 10:52 PM
Vernia motions you over.

Come over friend and talk.Tell me about yourself. I have seen few of your kind. Del answers:"My kind?"

drmuser
2016-06-19, 11:00 PM
Del answers:"My kind?"

Where I am from we get few humans and even fewer Elves, forgive my curiosity good sir, I met no offense.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 11:04 PM
Where I am from we get few humans and even fewer Elves, forgive my curiosity good sir, I met no offense.
Del removes his hat, and lifts his hair over one ear enough to show the point.
"Very observant of you. Or is it obvious?

drmuser
2016-06-19, 11:07 PM
Del removes his hat, and lifts his hair over one ear enough to show the point.
"Very observant of you. Or is it obvious?

Of the few Elves I've encountered, they are a proud lot, and your appearance as a human leaves only one conclusion good sir.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 11:11 PM
Of the few Elves I've encountered, they are a proud lot, and your appearance as a human leaves only one conclusion good sir. Del attempts to speak in the Halfling language:"Have you traveled far?

drmuser
2016-06-19, 11:13 PM
Del attempts to speak in the Halfling language:"Have you traveled far?

"I have traveled for weeks now, how far I don't know, only as far as I can get."

IronLionShark
2016-06-19, 11:14 PM
Riardon mutters in Sylvan with a journal and ink pen in hand.
The rest of the inn is rather quiet.

2D8HP
2016-06-19, 11:37 PM
Del's face briefly darkens"Yes, sometimes the road makes you weary"Smile returns,
In common:"Well a toast to new friends!"

Sorry guys but it's my bedtime. So this is it for me tonight. Going offline.

drmuser
2016-06-20, 08:45 AM
Del's face briefly darkens"Yes, sometimes the road makes you weary"Smile returns,
In common:"Well a toast to new friends!"

Sorry guys but it's my bedtime. So this is it for me tonight. Going offline.

Vernia raises her cup, "to new friends!"

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 01:18 PM
Velx says "To new friends." as well but does not take a cup as he prefers not to drink.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 01:25 PM
The bartend asks the group,Have you heard about the bandits a few miles north terrorizing the village north of here? I heard that there is a bounty of 10 gold per insignia you turn in.

:smallwink:

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 02:57 PM
The bartend asks the group,Have you heard about the bandits a few miles north terrorizing the village north of here? I heard that there is a bounty of 10 gold per insignia you turn in.

:smallwink:

Really? Pray tell more!

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 03:02 PM
Really? Pray tell more!

The rest I know is that it's posted on the boards outside.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 03:10 PM
Velyx walks up to the bartender and shows him his holy symbol. "Do you recognize this symbol?".

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 03:12 PM
Finishes mugWell I'm curious. Please excuse me a moment.
Goes out to look

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 04:35 PM
Velyx walks up to the bartender and shows him his holy symbol. "Do you recognize this symbol?".

That one outside my bar. I have no idea what it is, but some strange looking dragonborn came one day and it was there. Every now and again I see them near it.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 05:23 PM
Finishes mugWell I'm curious. Please excuse me a moment.
Goes out to look

It shows what the bartend descirbed. The darklake bandits are terrorizing Solshire.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 05:45 PM
That one outside my bar. I have no idea what it is, but some strange looking dragonborn came one day and it was there. Every now and again I see them near it.

"Do you know when they come around?" Velyx asked the bartender.

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 05:52 PM
It shows what the bartend descirbed. The darklake bandits are terrorizing Solshire.
Del comes back into the tavern.
Well it looks like a need for heroes. Twas ever such. But there's coin to back it up!

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 06:08 PM
"Do you know when they come around?" Velyx asked the bartender.

Every new moon and full moon.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 06:09 PM
Del comes back into the tavern.
Well it looks like a need for heroes. Twas ever such. But there's coin to back it up!

I'm low on funds, might as well go to get more supply money and practice stabbing and slashing things.

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 06:19 PM
I'm low on funds, might as well go to get more supply money and practice stabbing and slashing things.

As you say sir!

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 07:32 PM
Every new moon and full moon.

Velyx tries to remember the current moon phase.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 07:33 PM
Velyx tries to remember the current moon phase.

Tonight will be a new moon.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 07:46 PM
Tonight will be a new moon.

Velyx tries to recall the current time of day.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 07:46 PM
Velyx tries to recall the current time of day.
About 5 PM

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 08:27 PM

"Thank you very much good man."Velyx says to the barkeeper."Perhaps we can stay here for the night, make our plans, and then head out tomorrow?" Velyx suggests as he turns to the other adventurers.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 08:28 PM
"Thank you very much good man."Velyx says to the barkeeper."Perhaps we can stay here for the night, make our plans, and then head out tomorrow?" Velyx suggests as he turns to the other adventurers.

I already purchased 6 rooms, I think that was already our plan.

Rictumal
Other NPCs

Monk Misty
2016-06-20, 09:24 PM
I already purchased 6 rooms, I think that was already our plan.

Rictumal
Other NPCs

"Indeed. It would be most ungrateful of us to simply leave after you had made such a gift. And in the morning we shall assist you in your hunting of these bandits?"

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 09:57 PM
"Indeed. It would be most ungrateful of us to simply leave after you had made such a gift. And in the morning we shall assist you in your hunting of these bandits?"

If you wish to do so.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 10:01 PM
"I will go to our quarters later, I need to take care of something first." The platinum dragonborn says as he goes outside and sits under the symbol of Io and meditates on his teachings while waiting for the mysterious dragonborn to arrive. He makes sure that his necklace with the symbol of Io is fully displayed on his chest.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 10:29 PM
"I will go to our quarters later, I need to take care of something first." The platinum dragonborn says as he goes outside and sits under the symbol of Io and meditates on his teachings while waiting for the mysterious dragonborn to arrive. He makes sure that his necklace with the symbol of Io is fully displayed on his chest.

Three dragonborn approach with visible symbols of Io. One gold, one copper, one brass. The gold one speaks.
Another disciple of Io. We are truly blessed today. The gold dragonborn adorned in robes places his hand on the symbol, pushes, and the wall reveals stairs behind you.

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 10:34 PM

Thank you good gentles!
Another round!
Tosses another GP
(note in PHB one mug of ale = 4 CP, so one GP = 25 mugs, or is this the equivalent of "premium Chimay?")
Spoken to Barkeep:

Good sir, may I provide some entertainment this evening?
Holds up shawm (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawm)

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-20, 10:42 PM
Three dragonborn approach with visible symbols of Io. One gold, one copper, one brass. The gold one speaks.
Another disciple of Io. We are truly blessed today. The gold dragonborn adorned in robes places his hand on the symbol, pushes, and the wall reveals stairs behind you.

"Indeed." the cleric of Io says as he follows them quietly, he subtlety makes ready his warhammer in case of any trickery.

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 10:54 PM
"Indeed." the cleric of Io says as he follows them quietly, he subtlety makes ready his warhammer in case of any trickery.

You see an orb. It is like the symbol of Io in pattern and lays on a pedestal of platinum and ruby.. No words are spoken by the three dragon born you are following. The door closes behind you.

2D8HP
2016-06-20, 10:58 PM
Are the Dragonborne in earshot?

IronLionShark
2016-06-20, 11:03 PM

Roll perception

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 12:59 PM
You see an orb. It is like the symbol of Io in pattern and lays on a pedestal of platinum and ruby.. No words are spoken by the three dragon born you are following. The door closes behind you.

Velyx pulls out his warhammer and cast Light on it if there is not much light so he can discern the colors.

"So why is this here?" Velyx asks cautiously.

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 02:22 PM
Velyx pulls out his warhammer and cast Light on it if there is not much light so he can discern the colors.

"So why is this here?" Velyx asks cautiously.

This is the Ioheart.

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 02:24 PM

You can hear something about Io, and then distatn murmurs.
Vernia suddenly leaves.
Drmuser left the game.

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 02:27 PM
Thank you good gentles!
Another round!
Tosses another GP
(note in PHB one mug of ale = 4 CP, so one GP = 25 mugs, or is this the equivalent of "premium Chimay?")
Spoken to Barkeep:

Good sir, may I provide some entertainment this evening?
Holds up shawm (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawm)

Alright!
This is premium stuff. You have to request the cheap stuff.
Feel free to for a round of wine.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 03:30 PM
This is the Ioheart.

Velyx tries to remember if he knows of this object.

Rolls for Knowledge Religion.

[roll0]

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 03:32 PM
Velyx tries to remember if he knows of this object.

Rolls for Knowledge Religion.

[roll0]

You remember that a large fragment of Io was presumably left after his shattering.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 03:49 PM
"Why is it here?" the cleric asks the other dragonborn.

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 03:57 PM
"Why is it here?" the cleric asks the other dragonborn.

It is here for prayer to Io. This is a place where those who wish to fell us would never expect. Humans are too busy with their own matters to recognize Io's symbol. To them, it is but street art.

2D8HP
2016-06-21, 04:16 PM
Del plays lively tune based on "Jack and Jill" nursery rhyme, and sings song with mild double entendres while getting view of audience (will roll for performance)

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 04:33 PM
Del plays lively tune based on "Jack and Jill" nursery rhyme, and sings song with mild double entendres while getting view of audience (will roll for performance)

The bartend covers his ears. You have my permission to stay here whenever you want. As long as you stop singing.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 04:38 PM
It is here for prayer to Io. This is a place where those who wish to fell us would never expect. Humans are too busy with their own matters to recognize Io's symbol. To them, it is but street art.

"That may be true, but many followers of Tiamat and Bahamut are not. If I could think of one things they could agree on, it would be there mutual hatred of Io."

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 04:40 PM
"That may be true, but many followers of Tiamat and Bahamut are not. If I could think of one things they could agree on, it would be there mutual hatred of Io."

But who would expect a human town of all places?

2D8HP
2016-06-21, 04:45 PM
The bartend covers his ears. You have my permission to stay here whenever you want. As long as you stop singing.LOLas you wish

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 04:46 PM
Rictumal's ears bleed.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 07:44 PM
But who would expect a human town of all places?

"I haven't been in this town a day and I found it, without even using any spells."

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 07:45 PM
"I haven't been in this town a day and I found it, without even using any spells."

You may have a point.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 08:19 PM
You may have a point.

"We have to make a plan for how to deal with this...How did you three get it into here to begin with? And how come there are no chromatics or mixed folk among you?"

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 08:36 PM
"We have to make a plan for how to deal with this...How did you three get it into here to begin with? And how come there are no chromatics or mixed folk among you?"

It's coincidence that no chromatics are here and we got it in here because there was already an abandoned chamber here. We just painted over the button.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 10:21 PM
It's coincidence that no chromatics are here and we got it in here because there was already an abandoned chamber here. We just painted over the button.

"I meant how did you physically move it in here without being seen?"

IronLionShark
2016-06-21, 10:43 PM
"I meant how did you physically move it in here without being seen?"

We didn't... The other two (literally) fade away. The dragonborn starts drawing a blade.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-21, 11:04 PM
We didn't... The other two (literally) fade away. The dragonborn starts drawing a blade.

The dragonborn's face darkened. "I suspected as much....AND I WILL SMASH YOUR BLOODIED CARCASS INTO THE GROUND FOR DISRESPECTING IO!!!!" Velyx said as he grips his light shining warhammer in both hands and charges the other dragonborn.

[roll0]

[roll1]

IronLionShark
2016-06-22, 04:49 PM
The dragonborn's face darkened. "I suspected as much....AND I WILL SMASH YOUR BLOODIED CARCASS INTO THE GROUND FOR DISRESPECTING IO!!!!" Velyx said as he grips his light shining warhammer in both hands and charges the other dragonborn.

[roll0]

[roll1]

He's dead. The room fades to a blank room with a simple door.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-22, 06:26 PM
He's dead. The room fades to a blank room with a simple door.

Angered, Velyx hits the corpse again for good measure then walks out of the room and scratches out the symbol of Io outside with his warhammer before leaving to talk to some city guards.

IronLionShark
2016-06-22, 06:33 PM
Angered, Velyx hits the corpse again for good measure then walks out of the room and scratches out the symbol of Io outside with his warhammer before leaving to talk to some city guards.

There is no more symbol. A city guardsman can be seen in the close distance.

2D8HP
2016-06-22, 07:02 PM
dice roll........
Perception
[roll0]

IronLionShark
2016-06-22, 08:11 PM
dice roll........

You failed. At whatever you were trying to see, hear, ect.
I am become derp. Derpstroyer of worlds. -Derp -20DERP

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-22, 09:12 PM
There is no more symbol. A city guardsman can be seen in the close distance.

Velyx tells him that someone used illusion or enchantment magic to try to kill him, so he attacked the perpetrator.

IronLionShark
2016-06-22, 09:17 PM
Velyx tells him that someone used illusion or enchantment magic to try to kill him, so he attacked the perpetrator.

The guard shrugs. Ok

2D8HP
2016-06-22, 09:38 PM
You failed. At whatever you were trying to see, hear, ect.

So no hearing the battling Dragonborn then?
Del will try to convince anyone who will listen to join in a bandit hunting mission
[roll0]persuasion otherwise please PM me if and when there is an action that can be taken to interact with the "World"
Thanks and have fun guys.
what say you?

IronLionShark
2016-06-22, 10:17 PM
So no hearing the battling Dragonborn then?
Del will try to convince anyone who will listen to join in a bandit hunting mission otherwise please PM me if and when there is an action that can be taken to interact with the "World"
Thanks and have fun guys.
what say you?

I say I'm cutting off the tap.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-23, 02:29 AM
The guard shrugs. Ok

"just thought I would let you know why there is a dead body behind a hidden door."

IronLionShark
2016-06-23, 10:59 AM
"just thought I would let you know why there is a dead body behind a hidden door."

Sadly, that's not the first time I've heard that.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-23, 02:22 PM
Sadly, that's not the first time I've heard that.

Velyx heads back to the tavern.

IronLionShark
2016-06-23, 09:26 PM
The next day comes. (assuming nobody wants to do anything else.)

2D8HP
2016-06-23, 10:07 PM
The next day comes. (assuming nobody wants to do anything else.)
If Rictumal or anyone is left around, Del will re-attempt organising a bandit hunting mission.

IronLionShark
2016-06-23, 10:12 PM
If Rictumal or anyone is left around, Del will re-attempt organising a bandit hunting mission.

Alright.
Rictumal responds to the attempt. How about all for the hunt come out at dawn? Then, we storm in force.

CuriousWanderer
2016-06-23, 11:13 PM
Alright.
Rictumal responds to the attempt. How about all for the hunt come out at dawn? Then, we storm in force.

"I agree" Velyx says before he prays to Io for strength, preparing inflict wounds and healing word.

Monk Misty
2016-06-24, 12:50 AM
"That is agreeable. At dawn, then?"

IronLionShark
2016-06-24, 10:55 AM
"That is agreeable. At dawn, then?"

Yes, At dawn.

IronLionShark
2016-07-02, 12:15 AM
At dawn Del (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850465) looks for others to join in the bandit hunting mission.
Shall we begin our journey?

Rictumal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=851056) responds Aye.
No, this is not a pirate.

2D8HP
2016-07-02, 12:29 AM
At dawn Del (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850465) Speaks to Rictumal:
I suppose the fewer the heroes, the greater the glory. Do you know the way?

IronLionShark
2016-07-02, 12:32 AM
At dawn Del (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850465) Speaks to Rictumal:
I suppose the fewer the heroes, the greater the glory. Do you know the way?

Aye, but let's wait a bit to see if any others are simply delayed in waking.

Monk Misty
2016-07-02, 12:46 AM
"Ah, good morning. Are we ready to head out, then? I apologize for my delay."

IronLionShark
2016-07-02, 12:55 AM
"Ah, good morning. Are we ready to head out, then? I apologize for my delay."

Alright, time to head north!

I'll be offline until 8:00 A.M US Eastern

2D8HP
2016-07-02, 01:02 AM
At dawn Del (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850465) Speaks to Devin:
Good to see you, I think luck will smile on us and we will gain gold and glory!

Monk Misty
2016-07-02, 01:29 AM
At dawn Del (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850465) Speaks to Devin:
Good to see you, I think luck will smile on us and we will gain gold and glory!

Devin greets Del as well,
"Yes, fortune would be a desirable outcome. Although, perhaps, luck would favor us more to return us unharmed."
But she's smiling, so maybe this is her idea of a joke.

IronLionShark
2016-07-02, 11:53 AM
Devin greets Del as well,
"Yes, fortune would be a desirable outcome. Although, perhaps, luck would favor us more to return us unharmed."
But she's smiling, so maybe this is her idea of a joke.

Unarmed? Why would we want to be unarmed?

Monk Misty
2016-07-03, 12:42 AM
Unarmed? Why would we want to be unarmed?

"Ah? Perhaps I misspoke. Unharmed, good sir, as in uninjured. I'm not certain that even my magic should return us uninjured should we attempt to go unarmed."

IronLionShark
2016-07-03, 12:43 AM
"Ah? Perhaps I misspoke. Unharmed, good sir, as in uninjured. I'm not certain that even my magic should return us uninjured should we attempt to go unarmed."

Yeah, I heard arms are needed to cast.

Monk Misty
2016-07-03, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I heard arms are needed to cast.

Devin laughs.
"That is correct. Well then, are we prepared to take on the bandit camp?

IronLionShark
2016-07-03, 07:03 AM
Devin laughs.
"That is correct. Well then, are we prepared to take on the bandit camp?

Aye, that is correct.