PDA

View Full Version : Space Colony S.N.A.F.U. [IC]

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 07:29 PM
You have all assembled in Tapper, the most popular bar in in the Server Room. Various people are streaming in and out, most with cameras, and you can see one person in the corner recording something with a burnt face and a banged-up arm. That, however, is not your concern. What is your concern is the Princess from the Halls of Legend, sitting directly in front of you.

What will you do?

Ramsus
2016-06-20, 12:57 AM
Moorkop examines the princess' features, style of dress, and bearing closely and takes out a piece of paper and her pen and ink and writes down some notes, occasionally pausing to mull over word choice in a semi-audible fashion.

Illven
2016-06-20, 01:03 AM
The Princess seems to also be leafing through papers.

Hello. I am Princess Ella va Icefang Heir to house Icefang, first of her name, crown princess, hope of the realm. Can I help you? I'm looking for adventurers to aid me in a certain dangerous task of which time is of the essence.

Ramsus
2016-06-20, 02:20 AM
Moorkop stops, pen hanging in the air, and looks at the Princess in the way you actually look at a person when you're treating them as a person and not a list of interesting traits and responds, "Oh! It's a pleasure to meet you Princess. I am Moorkop, a novelist. Yes, my traveling with you on your adventures would help the work on my next novel go wonderfully! Hopefully the same can be said for my aid helping you in said adventure." And then she goes back to writing, this time noting down things like the sound of the voice and speech pattern.

((Ilven, did you notice you used a different color than the one you chose?))

Illven
2016-06-20, 02:41 AM
Moorkop stops, pen hanging in the air, and looks at the Princess in the way you actually look at a person when you're treating them as a person and not a list of interesting traits and responds, "Oh! It's a pleasure to meet you Princess. I am Moorkop, a novelist. Yes, my traveling with you on your adventures would help the work on my next novel go wonderfully! Hopefully the same can be said for my aid helping you in said adventure." And then she goes back to writing, this time noting down things like the sound of the voice and speech pattern.

((Ilven, did you notice you used a different color than the one you chose?))

Do you even know what will be requested of you? Ella questioned very concerned.

Ramsus
2016-06-20, 04:04 AM
"Oh yes, of course. Two of my novels are even Best Sellers. It'll be tough writing on the road, but I'm sure I'm up to the job!" Moorkop replies enthusiastically and completely missing the point.

2016-06-20, 05:59 AM
"I'm always willing to lend a hand to a heroine in need," Mikey replied enthusiastically.

Pyon
2016-06-20, 07:41 AM
"Hey, my name is Pine nice to meet you all." He speaks loudly to make sure he is heard. After all, his tiny stature is easy to miss. "I am more of a mercenary than an adventure but I guess the two go hand in hand sometimes. Ella, what exactly are we supposed to do on this job?" He addresses her casually, and normally.

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 10:54 AM
As you all talk, a waiter comes over bearing three glasses of liquid and one tiny shot glass of the same. "Here you go," he says, putting the glasses in front of the princess, the turtle, and the writer, and the shot glass in front of the pixie.

Illven
2016-06-20, 01:18 PM
As you all talk, a waiter comes over bearing three glasses of liquid and one tiny shot glass of the same. "Here you go," he says, putting the glasses in front of the princess, the turtle, and the writer, and the shot glass in front of the pixie.

Thank you, Sir. Ella replies with a curt nod to the waiter.

Not yet touching her glass she looks to the pixie. My brother was captured by a dragon. Snakebreath, we called him. He was captured, and it's my mission to bring him home.

Pyon
2016-06-21, 06:02 PM
Well a dragon... Pine takes a sip from his drink before looking back the princess. "Well that will be a first. But I'll do it. I may be small, but my sword is swifter and sharper than anyone else's."

Illven
2016-06-21, 06:38 PM
Well a dragon... Pine takes a sip from his drink before looking back the princess. "Well that will be a first. But I'll do it. I may be small, but my sword is swifter and sharper than anyone else's."

Thank you. Noble knight to be. Ella replied.

As for you two?

2016-06-21, 10:44 PM
Thank you. Noble knight to be. Ella replied.

As for you two?

"I'm always up for adventure!" came Mikey's reply, accompanied by the tortle raising his drink as if to make a toast to their quest.

Ramsus
2016-06-22, 01:35 AM
"Hmmm. Yes. This cast of characters should do quite nicely. Thank you for asking." Moorkop replies.

Illven
2016-06-22, 02:25 AM
So does anyone know if there are any travel restrictions on entering Draconia? Ella asked the group.

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 02:27 AM
There are none. Draconia is basically survival of the fittest, so there's no border patrol or anything.

Ramsus
2016-06-22, 12:43 PM
"I haven't been, but I believe not. It's a very free, do-as-you-will kind of place. Though as the locals will is often violence I hear." Moorkop replies with an amused smile.

Illven
2016-06-22, 12:47 PM
"I haven't been, but I believe not. It's a very free, do-as-you-will kind of place. Though as the locals will is often violence I hear." Moorkop replies with an amused smile.

Will we be able to survive there then? Ella asks worried.

Pyon
2016-06-22, 02:59 PM
"I am no stranger to violence, and I will be able to protect aid in protecting us." He looks to the other two. "If you two are signing up to kill a dragon you are probably capable as well?"

Ramsus
2016-06-22, 04:13 PM
"I doubt I will put much of a dent in something like a dragon, but I may be able to prevent the rest of you from dying in a fight." Moorkop replies.

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 08:32 PM
"Excuse me-pardon me, I need to get through-OUT OF MY WAY!" a pale-skinned, white-clothed woman says as her way is blocked is by the bouncer to the bar. "I do not have time for this! My liege has managed to get away from my eyes ONCE AGAIN and I need to find her, and I know for a fact she is in here!"

It's Nevva.

Illven
2016-06-22, 08:51 PM
Hey, let her in! I know her! Ella replies gesturing for the lady to come in.

Nevva. I thought I mentioned I was looking for adventurers.

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 09:50 PM
The bouncer lets Nevva inside, who hurriedly comes over to her liege. "You neglected to mention WHERE, your highness."

Illven
2016-06-22, 10:01 PM
The bouncer lets Nevva inside, who hurriedly comes over to her liege. "You neglected to mention WHERE, your highness."

I thought it'd be obvious. If you want to find adventurers, you go to the nearest tavern. Ella replied

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 10:08 PM
I thought it'd be obvious. If you want to find adventurers, you go to the nearest tavern. Ella replied

"The nearest tavern is the Triple L. Back in the Halls of Legend. We're in the SERVER ROOM," Nevva says, sternly.

Illven
2016-06-22, 11:13 PM
"The nearest tavern is the Triple L. Back in the Halls of Legend. We're in the SERVER ROOM," Nevva says, sternly.

I got lost? Ella added cocking her head to the side in confusion.

JNAProductions
2016-06-22, 11:15 PM
"You are the worst. And you're going to get yourself killed! Please, tell me that you three are competent," Nevva says to the adventurers.

Ramsus
2016-06-22, 11:37 PM
"At dragon slaying? If we already were, that wouldn't make for a particularly good narrative." Moorkop replies.

Pyon
2016-06-23, 02:35 AM
"I have a very positive of score of staying alive." Pine smiles.

2016-06-23, 06:03 PM
"Oh man, you wouldn't even believe some of the dudes I've tangled with! A dragon should be a fun fight, for sure!"

Illven
2016-06-23, 06:43 PM
"Oh man, you wouldn't even believe some of the dudes I've tangled with! A dragon should be a fun fight, for sure!"

See competence. We'll be fine. Ella replied.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 08:21 PM
"I insist you establish some sort of base outside of Draconia that I can maintain for you-so you have a safe spot when things go wrong."

Illven
2016-06-23, 08:34 PM
"I insist you establish some sort of base outside of Draconia that I can maintain for you-so you have a safe spot when things go wrong."

So, we need to talk to the mayor here. Ella replied cocking her head.

Excuse me, excuse me? Do any of you kind individuals know where I may find the mayor. Ella asked the table over.

JNAProductions
2016-06-23, 08:36 PM
"You mean The Mark?" one of the YouTubers who's not on a laptop responds. "I think he's visiting the White Halls right now, trying to get some tech upgrades."

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 01:44 PM
Nevva sighs, and points out "Literally ANYONE in this room, aside from the five of us, is capable of sending him a message instantly. They're YouTubers," she says, not really expecting the assembled group to understand. "Princess, or one of your new-found allies, please talk to them about getting in contact with The Mark. I need to hide under the table from the bouncer," she continues, folding herself down to fit neatly beneath the table as the bouncer comes inside.

Illven
2016-06-27, 01:53 PM
Oh... oh sir, sir! Princess Ella replied waving the man again to get his attention

Would you be able to send to him so I could talk to him?

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 01:55 PM
"Sure," he says, coming over to the table and pulling a chair up. "Anything for you, Princess. What should I tell him?"

Illven
2016-06-27, 02:35 PM
"Sure," he says, coming over to the table and pulling a chair up. "Anything for you, Princess. What should I tell him?"

Ask him, how I would go around maintaining a base for my allies.

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 02:53 PM
"Sure thing!" he says, typing away on his laptop. After a few moments, you hear a Ding! and the YouTuber talks. "Looks like he's actually offering you his own house as a base-his exact words are 'Feel free to use it, just make sure it's clean when I get back.' I can show you where his house is, if you like."

Ramsus
2016-06-27, 05:05 PM
"His own home? That's unexpected. Convenient though. Suspiciously convenient? If not, I may have to embellish this part in the novel to give it some more punch." Moorkop says, mostly to herself.

Pyon
2016-06-27, 05:53 PM
"So wait, you are writing a story about us?" Pine looks confused for a bit until an idea pops into his head. "Can I look taller in your story?"

Illven
2016-06-27, 06:08 PM
"Sure thing!" he says, typing away on his laptop. After a few moments, you hear a Ding! and the YouTuber talks. "Looks like he's actually offering you his own house as a base-his exact words are 'Feel free to use it, just make sure it's clean when I get back.' I can show you where his house is, if you like."

Nevva's really good at that. And thank you for that. Ella beamed at the man.

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 06:14 PM
Nevva's really good at that. And thank you for that. Ella beamed at the man.

You can all hear an audible sigh from underneath the table, while the YouTuber says "Great! I'll show you to his place-it's not too far from here."

Nevva gets out from under the table, and the bouncer homes in on her, but she raises her hand, saying "I'm leaving. We're leaving, thank you very much."

The bouncer still glares at her and follows the group out to the door, before resuming his post.

"This way," the YouTuber says. "And by the way, I'm Jack."

Illven
2016-06-27, 07:05 PM
You can all hear an audible sigh from underneath the table, while the YouTuber says "Great! I'll show you to his place-it's not too far from here."

Nevva gets out from under the table, and the bouncer homes in on her, but she raises her hand, saying "I'm leaving. We're leaving, thank you very much."

The bouncer still glares at her and follows the group out to the door, before resuming his post.

"This way," the YouTuber says. "And by the way, I'm Jack."

Greetings Jack, I'm Princess Ella va Icefang Heir to house Icefang, first of her name, crown princess, hope of the realm She introduced herself with a curtsy.

Ramsus
2016-06-27, 07:09 PM
"I am or may be. Or may not be. It depends. If I do use you and not some character based on your traits I suppose I could put them in heels so they look taller. It would have been easier to just have that character be taller though. Silly things like this is why I don't really make promises of that sort." Moorkop replies to Pine.

When she notices they're leaving she hurriedly packs up her things and flutters over to Jack, making sure not to toss Pine around, and greets him with a smile and a wave.

JNAProductions
2016-06-27, 07:19 PM
Jack leads the group to a rather large house-not quite a mansion, but definitely bigger than average. "This is The Mark's house. It's got pretty good defenses against rabid fans, but try not to bring any dragons back with you-not sure it'd stand up to that."

Inside, the house is a complete and utter disaster, Food is strewn about, as is laundry and various knick-knacks. "Oh," Nevva says. "This is why he's willing to let you use it."

Illven
2016-06-27, 07:33 PM
Jack leads the group to a rather large house-not quite a mansion, but definitely bigger than average. "This is The Mark's house. It's got pretty good defenses against rabid fans, but try not to bring any dragons back with you-not sure it'd stand up to that."

Inside, the house is a complete and utter disaster, Food is strewn about, as is laundry and various knick-knacks. "Oh," Nevva says. "This is why he's willing to let you use it."

He just doesn't want to pay for a cleaner! Ella stated loudly.

Ramsus
2016-06-27, 11:33 PM
"Well, what an interesting locale for the novel! Uh..... not so great that this is actually a place we are though." Moorkop states at first with enthusiasm, then a complete lack thereof.

Pyon
2016-06-28, 12:54 PM
"I have the swiftest blade around but... Not so much the swiftest broom." Pine sighs. "This is going to take forever."

JNAProductions
2016-06-28, 12:56 PM
"I have the swiftest blade around but... Not so much the swiftest broom." Pine sighs. "This is going to take forever."

Nevva opens her mouth, then closes it. Then opens it again, then closes once more. Then, finally, opens it and talks. "I'll handle the cleaning," she says. "You focus on rescuing the prince."

2016-06-28, 12:59 PM
"This looks like the home of a man who knows how to enjoy life," Mikey remarked as he glanced around. "This shouldn't take too long, I don't think; I've got a lot of experience cleaning up messes like this."

Illven
2016-06-28, 01:16 PM
"This looks like the home of a man who knows how to enjoy life," Mikey remarked as he glanced around. "This shouldn't take too long, I don't think; I've got a lot of experience cleaning up messes like this."

Oh? Princess Ella asked relived. Where did you learn to do so?

2016-06-28, 01:30 PM
Oh? Princess Ella asked relived. Where did you learn to do so?

"Me and my brothers were on our own growing up, and our home was way worse than this most of the time, but we still managed to get it clean enough when we needed to have guests over."

Illven
2016-06-28, 02:38 PM
"Me and my brothers were on our own growing up, and our home was way worse than this most of the time, but we still managed to get it clean enough when we needed to have guests over."

So how long do you think it will take? Ella questioned.

Ramsus
2016-07-04, 12:34 PM
Moorkop looks around and says, "I think maybe we should just let Nevva handle it. She did offer."

JNAProductions
2016-07-04, 12:44 PM
Nevva smiles, her teeth gritted together. "Yes. I did."

Illven
2016-07-04, 01:19 PM
You would be okay with that, Nevva? Princess Ella asked hopefully.

JNAProductions
2016-07-04, 01:52 PM
Nevva sighs, but nods. "It's the least I can do for you, Princess. I won't like it... But rescuing your brother is far more important than making sure his house is clean."

Illven
2016-07-04, 02:01 PM
Nevva sighs, but nods. "It's the least I can do for you, Princess. I won't like it... But rescuing your brother is far more important than making sure his house is clean."

Aye. Thank you Nevva. It means a lot to me. Princess Ella said with a curtsy.

JNAProductions
2016-07-04, 02:50 PM
"Just go," Nevva says, waving her hand. "I'll be fine. And... See the prince home safely."

Illven
2016-07-04, 03:09 PM
So, are we ready to go into Draconia? Ella asked turning to her teammates.

Ramsus
2016-07-04, 05:35 PM
Moorkop nods, a bit distracted as she's looking over architectural details to note down later.

Pyon
2016-07-04, 06:56 PM
"As ready as I'll ever be." Pine shrugs.

JNAProductions
2016-07-16, 06:43 PM
The group makes their way to Draconia, traveling along the Server Room for the most part. At the border, you see two heavily-scaled individuals. Upon seeing you, they stop their slouching and one speaks up. "Toll to come in here. Pay up."

Illven
2016-07-18, 01:48 PM
There's no toll. Ella replies cocking her head. Draconia has free passage if you're strong enough. If you're going to lie you could at least make it believable.

JNAProductions
2016-07-18, 01:51 PM
There's no toll. Ella replies cocking her head. Draconia has free passage if you're strong enough. If you're going to lie you could at least make it believable.

"Alright, then. Pay up or we beat the snot out of you," he says, looming menacingly.

2016-07-18, 01:53 PM
The half-shelled Mikey stepped forward. "Not cool invading a person's personal space like that. How bout you back off a bit, give the lady some room to breath, huh?"

Ramsus
2016-07-19, 04:16 PM
Moorkop rolls her eyes and just slowly flies up out of their reach and past them.

JNAProductions
2016-07-19, 04:19 PM
"Oh no you don't!" the other one says, spreading wings through the slits in the back of his shirt. He flies up next to Moorkop and attempts to grapple the moogle.

[roll0] Athletics.

Ramsus
2016-07-20, 02:25 AM
"Kupo!" Moorkop cries out in alarm and... effortlessly dodges. "How rude!" she says...as she continues to fly, now backwards, past the "toll line". It's quickly apparent that even if she may be an agile flier, she's not a particularly fast one.

Acrobatics: [roll0] + Guidance: [roll1] = More than 11 for sure.

JNAProductions
2016-07-20, 12:11 PM
The man drops to the ground, wings unable to sustain him for long, then starts to launch back into the air.

About time to roll initiative. [roll0] for the goons.

2016-07-20, 12:12 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Illven
2016-07-20, 01:09 PM
Init time [roll0]

Ramsus
2016-07-20, 07:07 PM
Init: [roll0]