PDA

View Full Version : Silver Tongue and Expertise

Scottys72
2016-06-19, 07:37 PM
Can a rogue with this feat add expertise to their skill? So an 8th level character with a 20 charisma say have +5 charisma, +3 prof, +3 again from Silver tongue?

Thanks

AmbientRaven
2016-06-20, 01:39 AM
Is that a home brew feat? If not where is it from as I haven't seen it anywhere

Slipperychicken
2016-06-20, 03:11 PM
Is that a home brew feat? If not where is it from as I haven't seen it anywhere

It's on dandwiki, so I think it's homebrew. See the text on the bottom of the page reading "5e Homebrew".

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Silver_Tongued_(5e_Feat)

JakOfAllTirades
2016-06-20, 03:20 PM
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but that feat definitely needs some editing.

Scottys72
2016-06-20, 04:19 PM
I am allowing this feat into my game. Has anyone else ever played with it? Thanks!

JNAProductions
2016-06-20, 04:48 PM
No, it does not stack.

Saeviomage
2016-06-21, 12:25 AM
One of the fundamental rules of ability checks states:
"Your proficiency bonus can’t be added to a single die roll or other number more than once. For example, if two different rules say you can add your proficiency bonus to a Wisdom saving throw, you nevertheless add the bonus only once when you make the save.

Occasionally, your proficiency bonus might be multiplied or divided (doubled or halved, for example) before you apply it. For example, the rogue’s Expertise feature doubles the proficiency bonus for certain ability checks. If a circumstance suggests that your proficiency bonus applies more than once to the same roll, you still add it only once and multiply or divide it only once."

So no, it does not stack. Nor does anything else.