PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural transformation feat question

daremetoidareyo
2016-06-20, 08:24 AM
Can one take an empowered spell like ability (eyes of light+ magic in the blood + empowered spell like) then take supernatural transformation of that?

What if I supernaturally transform a mortalbane spell like, can I then take supernatural transformation of the same spell like ability without the mortalbane augment?

Crake
2016-06-20, 10:03 PM
Can one take an empowered spell like ability (eyes of light+ magic in the blood + empowered spell like) then take supernatural transformation of that?

What if I supernaturally transform a mortalbane spell like, can I then take supernatural transformation of the same spell like ability without the mortalbane augment?

You can't supernatural transformation an empowered spell like ability, but you can instead take supernatural transformation, and then empower supernatural ability (tome of magic under pact feats).

There is no supernatural version of mortalbane, though I don't see why it would be too far of a stretch to homebrew such a thing.

As for the reason why this is the case, empowered spell like ability and mortal bane do not give you a separate spell like ability that you can supernaturally transform, it augments an existing spell like ability. Once that spell like ability becomes supernatural due to supernatural transformation, the feats can no longer augment it, because it no longer qualifies for augmentation.