PDA

View Full Version : SW: On The Horizon (IC)

Old Overholt
2016-06-20, 10:21 PM
http://www.leecarver.com/rpg/sw/questaltemple.jpg

You each awaken with a splitting headache - finding the pain difficult to keep your eyes open at first. Your mind and thoughts are a slowly clearing fog, but you can't remember anything for the past week, much less the last night. Your body is sore - feeling as though you've been tossed around by a Gamorrean for a few hours - but you'e still mobile, although it takes concentration and effort for the first few simple tasks. It's quite possibly the worst hangover you've ever head without any of the fun of getting drunk... or at least, you don't remember getting drunk.

There's a strong odor of disinfectant in the air - a pungent, chemical smell that almost burns your nostrils. You even seem to be tinged with the smell.

As your senses come to, you realize you're in a well-lit holding cell of sorts. The cell is about twenty feet by twenty feet with solid stone walls on three sides. The floor is rough, uneven stone - the cell probably carved into a mountain or bedrock. The entry way is a giant metal bar door, able to pass through a sizeable object or creature with ease - something much larger than you. The ceiling is at least thirty or forty feet above you, a single illuminated circle providing visibility to your area. Looking about the cell you will see there is nothing for convenience: no bathroom, no water, no food, not even a buck. It's devoid of anything but you.

Come to think of you, you too seem to be devoid of anything but the clothes on your back. They fit. They look good. Yes - these are probably your normal clothes. But there's nothing in your pockets. Nothing you might use on a daily basis, not even credits. You've been picked clean of all your personal possessions that one would find with a thorough pat-down.

Outside your cell is a large circular floor space with three other similar cells, each containing another individual, and a massive metal door, where two sliding panels interlock, secured by an electronic panel. The cells have a notable distance between them - maybe fifty feet - but aren't so far that you can't make out the basic details of who or what are in the other cells. You could probably even speak with and hear others if you spoke up.

(Going clockwise from the door, it's: Bemere, Jin, Noss, and then Ked on the other side of the door.)

RossN
2016-06-21, 09:51 AM
Ked Varkona

Ked open one bleary hazel eye and then the other and staggered to his feet, hand clamped over the back of his head in a vain attempt to stop the world from swirling around him. What had happened to him? Had Targo caught him flirting with his girlfriend again? The Zabrak swoop gang leader was as ugly as a Hutt and as bad tempered as a rancor and the last time he had seen Ked so much as glance at the lovely Aliana he had threatened to break every bone in the human's body.

Well nothing appears to be broken so maybe I can rule out him, Ked thought to himself. He blinked and looked around. Let's see, no weapons, no equippment at all in fact. Have we been taken by slavers? Press ganged by pirates? Only one way to find out...

He raised his voice: "Can any of you hear me? Who are you?"

fireinthedust
2016-06-27, 03:28 PM
Jin rises on his hands and knees, waking up to a headache in a strange place, confined. Like so many of his bounties must have done.

So this is how the other half lives... He coughs, wipes his face with his hands, and stumbles to the doorway.

Yeah, I hear you. Anyone see any guards? I feel like I should order lunch early, cause it might take a while to get here.

Jin looks at the bars on the cell, and at the hole in the (30+ft high) roof.

OOC: do we remember being captured? And do we know the planet we're on? (I know Questal is the module, but I'm not sure if that's the planet or what, or if you've improvised setting.)

Bars: So the cells are built for much larger animals, but creatures of our size could fit through the widely-spaced bars?

Walls: are they too smooth to climb, or are there ridges I could cling to and get out via the hole?

Ceiling Hole: Is the light artificial, or is it sunlight?

Old Overholt
2016-06-28, 07:36 AM
OOC: do we remember being captured? And do we know the planet we're on? (I know Questal is the module, but I'm not sure if that's the planet or what, or if you've improvised setting.) No - you don't remember anything as of now about being captured and have no clue what planet you are on. You could be on the one you were previously or you could be elsewhere.

Bars: So the cells are built for much larger animals, but creatures of our size could fit through the widely-spaced bars? No - apologize for any confusion there. The door is large enough to fit larger creatures through, the bars prevent most humanoids from passing through them. They're about five to six inches apart.

Walls: are they too smooth to climb, or are there ridges I could cling to and get out via the hole? Too smooth to climb.

Ceiling Hole: Is the light artificial, or is it sunlight? Artificial light.

Elbeyon
2016-06-29, 08:21 AM
The sensation of stone upon her flesh, she wonders if she fell asleep on the pavement or if she's been jailed. A flick of pain in her noggin has her backpedaling toward a more nefarious idea. A mugging perhaps. She starts to pull herself together. Her body sore. Her head feels sluggish and a hangover. This wasn't the effects of any alcohol though. She handled her drink better than that. No, this felt more like someone spiked her and pitted her against Zathnar. A lack of her limbs missing rule that one out. This doesn't smell like her usual gutter anyway. It was a familiar smell. She was lucky. A Zathnar didn't take her limbs. And, a back ally doc didn't take them either. At least she had that going for her.

The ongoing voices were a real displeasure. That last one was familiar voice she never liked hearing. An unrestrained, "Oh, *beep* me.", makes its way out of her mouth.

"What did you do this time? You bastard." A short trudge to her prison door and she is turning left to shout at the bounty hunter. "This is your fault isn't it?" Not that she remembered how she got here. It wasn't her fault though. "What did you do? Sell me out and got a little taste of your own medicine?"

fireinthedust
2016-06-29, 10:22 AM
The ongoing voices were a real displeasure. That last one was familiar voice she never liked hearing. An unrestrained, "Oh, *beep* me.", makes its way out of her mouth.

"What did you do this time? You bastard." A short trudge to her prison door and she is turning left to shout at the bounty hunter. "This is your fault isn't it?" Not that she remembered how she got here. It wasn't her fault though. "What did you do? Sell me out and got a little taste of your own medicine?"

Hah. Right, love. I'm the one who gets everyone into trouble, gets bounties put on her, sneaks into imperial strongholds and mouths off; picked that fight at that cantina (remember that?)... Anyway, I get the feeling whoever put that bounty out on you already cashed out. Means I won't need to chase you anymore. Think you can get out of here? I'm all ears.

Elbeyon
2016-06-29, 10:42 AM
"You're the one that gets me into trouble. Any trouble I cause I handle. This has to be your doing. You're always messing in other people's business."

She presses her face closer to the bars and looks over the room in front of her at his question. "Finally, my stalker calls it quits. I was beginning to wonder if it was my bounty that had you following me." She takes a step back and gives the bars a kick.

fireinthedust
2016-06-29, 10:52 AM
"You're the one that gets me into trouble. Any trouble I cause I handle. This has to be your doing. You're always messing in other people's business."

She presses her face closer to the bars and looks over the room in front of her at his question. "Finally, my stalker calls it quits. I was beginning to wonder if it was my bounty that had you following me." She takes a step back and gives the bars a kick.

Don't give yourself too much credit, kid. Believe me, following your trail of crumbs through the seediest ports in the galaxy isn't my idea of a good time.

It wasn't completely true, he did enjoy the chase; and getting paid for it was Ithorian gravy, as far as he was concerned. But it wasn't personal.

Jin stretched, and started pacing the cell, looking for pebbles or anything he could throw.

The lights aren't natural. Why are they coming through holes in the ceiling? Anyone else here in cells alone, or anyone doubled up?

RossN
2016-06-29, 11:11 AM
Ked Varkona

"I'm here alone. It seems not all of us were lucky enough to meet people we know," Ked called out sarcastically. "I'm Ked Varkona, and for what its worth I don't know anyone important enough to put something like this together."

Unless it had something to do with that Jedi. But them they'd just arrest me wouldn't they?

Elbeyon
2016-06-30, 05:35 AM
Bemere Ijaaz

"What are you an engineer?" Who cares about the lights.

"Hey, Kid. You seem alright. You can call me Bemere. We can be buddy old pals. Why are you here? What do you do for a living?"

"I'm alone in here."

It was an easy miss since the convo is happening in the recruitment thread. We got a OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?493175-SW-On-The-Horizon-(OOC))!

Old Overholt
2016-07-02, 09:40 PM
From beyond the metal door that seals in the room, a low rumble can be heard. The slightest of tremors can be felt surging through your bodies - although, in each of your still recovering states, it would be hard to tell if the sensation was from external sources or just your body fighting off whatever chemical helped bring you here in the first place.

For anyone with a skilled ear, they can tell the source of the rumble is quite a distance away, but given the rock walls, it must be something of significance to travel this far.

And almost immediately, the lights go out. The cavern-like holding cells go pitch black for about ten seconds.

Silence.

*Click*

A sound emanates from the locking mechanisms on your cell doors. An audible, distinctive sound of freedom.

The lights overhead slowly begin to flicker back to life, although they leave the cells and the entire room at an extremely low level of light - enough to see about fifteen feet or so in front of you. You can't see what's going on in the cells across from you, but you can see all the way towards the center of the room.

RossN
2016-07-08, 11:30 AM
Ked Varkona

Ked looked at his cell door in shock, then, very carefully tried opening it. If it worked he took another very careful step out of the room.

"All of you noticed that right?"

fireinthedust
2016-07-10, 03:14 PM
Jin noted the sound as he was searching for loose stones.

Yeah. Yeah, I did. Usually cell doors open when guards show up. Or... when they let the animals out of their cages. Could really use my blasters about now.

Looking about carefully, the bounty hunter checks the bars and, if he can, moves out of the cell and around the room to the other cells, avoiding the middle light.

Old Overholt
2016-07-11, 10:01 AM
The door, while a little stiff, opens with ease as Jin pushes on it, allowing him access to the main portion of the room.

There's no immediate sound of approaching footsteps coming from outside the room. There's just the faint hum of electronics slowly rebooting and coming back online.

fireinthedust
2016-07-11, 10:50 AM
ooc: rebooting? Jin looks to see if the lights are going to get any brighter, heating up so to speak, or if they're staying this dim.

Okay, cell door was opened. Anyone hear machinery booting up?

Old Overholt
2016-07-13, 01:39 PM
For the time being, the lights remain dim - running on enough power to provide a limited amount of illumination. Electricity must be being diverted to other sources.