PDA

View Full Version : quick way to write up martial adepts?

Braininthejar2
2016-06-21, 06:12 PM
Is there any? Since most martial moves operate on requirements of "X moves of a given school" writing up swordsage NPC takes more time than it should - is there any more efficient way to do it than writing anc checking their moves level by level?

Eldariel
2016-06-21, 06:23 PM
Is there any? Since most martial moves operate on requirements of "X moves of a given school" writing up swordsage NPC takes more time than it should - is there any more efficient way to do it than writing anc checking their moves level by level?

Check the largest requirement for each move of each school you plan on giving him (generally on the highest level maneuver) and then just abide by those. A good shortcut, though requires a check to ensure there are no incidental inconsistencies.

EDIT: But yeah, basically, build top-down. Pick the highest level maneuvers available using his total maneuvers + stances known and number of maneuvers of each level he could've at most learned as a pool of prerequisites (of course, ignoring the exceptions where the high level maneuver has no or low prerequisites) and once the total number of maneuvers is reached, fill out the lower level maneuvers. Mind, the max number of maneuvers of a level learned is influenced by the trading mechanic on every even level too.

Seppo87
2016-06-21, 06:27 PM
You'll become faster with experience.

I.e. I know by memory that Iron Heart Surge requires 1 Iron Heart maneuver, and I usually pay the requirement with Steel Wind