PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psionic Dueling: Psionic Adaptations of the OA Psychic Dueling Rules

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-21, 08:48 PM
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DUEL!

In all seriousness, though, I've been thinking about this ever since I saw the psychic duel rules. This ruleset was by far my favorite thing to come out of Occult adventures, and I have always liked the idea of adapting the premise to psionics.

Hence, I concocted this. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYGhh4rRnRI7OqojPSdD3GCjVR8TYq2S3rD5CgnE1nY/edit?usp=sharing)

Contained here are several rules, powers, and feats which grant a psionic nature to psychic dueling while exploring a few new options. I hope that you enjoy.

Fii
2016-06-24, 04:07 AM
First of all- I love the psychic dueling rules, too, and am absolutely in favor of a psionic adaptation. Personally I love it. My only concern is that
I don't think the occult classes are balanced against the psionic ones- so having access to that mechanic makes the psion way stronger than the psychic.

trikkydik
2016-06-24, 09:12 PM
First of all- I love the psychic dueling rules, too, and am absolutely in favor of a psionic adaptation. Personally I love it. My only concern is that
I don't think the occult classes are balanced against the psionic ones- so having access to that mechanic makes the psion way stronger than the psychic.

I found quite a few feats that are "anti psionic" and can only be accessed by non-psionic characters.

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-25, 10:14 AM
My only concern is that

I don't really see these abilities as unbalancing the psion or placing it significantly above the psychic, in part because the psychic still retains its superior versatility in any given build and has access to several other powerful spells that psions can't replicate (most notably the planar binding spells).