PDA

View Full Version : Combat Medic + Brd?

Yechezkiel
2007-06-30, 05:43 AM
I'm going to suggest the (Heroes of Battle) Combat Medic to the Bard in our game.

Anyone have any experience or advice against this PrC (or think it's a decent route for Brd)?

Lucky
2007-06-30, 06:46 AM
It's not the best route for bard, nor is bard the best class to go into it. The bard doesn't have the spells per day to really pull it off as well as a cleric would. Plus the class doesn't advance bardic music, a big part of the bard class. Also, the skill list and number of skill points again takes away a valuable feature of the already underpowered class.

So I wouldn't recommend this path.

Yechezkiel
2007-06-30, 06:53 AM
I was thinking the ability to cast Heal would pay off after you pass Cure Critical Wounds.

What were the designers behind Combat Medic going for, or is this just not a well thought out PrC?

Lucky
2007-06-30, 06:59 AM
Mostly Clerics. If you read the intro bit on the class, it mentions Cleric, Bard, Healer, Ranger and Paladin in that order as potential candidates. However, everyone after Cleric, bar Healer, I disagree with. It could be a decent class for those 2, but not much else in that last really puts out the spells per day to function as a primary healer.