PDA

View Full Version : Build advice: Curse of Strahd

Blue Duke
2016-06-22, 02:27 PM
i may end up stuck playing Curse of strahd, i need the cheesiest most powerful build possible.......because i dont want to see green jenny again. so far i have three levels of paladin with a focus on the halberd (Human Paladin so i got the feat for great weapons) but the stupid shambleing mound and i assume many many MANY other things are nigh immune to anything i can do to it.

as an aside: can some one tell me how many chances there are to acquire heavy armor in the thing, i read some where that its comically rare.

RulesJD
2016-06-22, 02:33 PM
1. Cheesiest build is Cleric because of their Channel Divinity.

2. 2nd Cheesiest is basically what you're doing. Just pick-up Magic Weapon spell and you're good to go. Protection from Good/Evil is your fall back. Done.

Specter
2016-06-22, 03:24 PM
One way comes from abusing smite, in your case. Pick Paladin 5 for Extra Attack and 2nd-level spells. After that, go Champion 3 for Improved Crit.

Whenever you crit, use your 2nd-level spell to smite, doubling all dice. After that, just roll and watch them cry.

Madbox
2016-06-22, 04:05 PM
Item prices get nuts, so start with as much gear as you can. That's my biggest advice.

Blue Duke
2016-06-22, 05:02 PM
Sadly we only got the starting packages for our classes and as i understand it the suits in the stupid death house are purely decorative....even the animated one that tried to murder us.

Sir cryosin
2016-06-30, 10:40 AM
Sadly we only got the starting packages for our classes and as i understand it the suits in the stupid death house are purely decorative....even the animated one that tried to murder us.

I play a paladin in CoS the one spell I keep at all times is magic weapon everything has resistance to nonmagical damage. Your smite's run out quick I mean quick take lv 3 in warlock and pack of the blade to make your weapon magical go fiend for temp hp you have hex and refreshing spell slots. Your not going to find any magical weapons. Those statues of plate armor my DM was nice enough to let us put those on and benefit from play armor but those characters never made it out of the house so yeah my Paladin is running around in just his basic equipment.

Belac93
2016-06-30, 12:28 PM
I would suggest spam protection from evil and good/smite. Especially if a zombie is at low hit points, spend a smite to make sure their 'never die' ability doesn't come online. Go straight paladin, you really want aura of devotion, aura of protection and turn the unholy (I'm assuming you are devotion). Don't both with multiclassing, it isn't worth missing out on the higher-level stuff.

Sir cryosin
2016-06-30, 01:47 PM
I would suggest spam protection from evil and good/smite. Especially if a zombie is at low hit points, spend a smite to make sure their 'never die' ability doesn't come online. Go straight paladin, you really want aura of devotion, aura of protection and turn the unholy (I'm assuming you are devotion). Don't both with multiclassing, it isn't worth missing out on the higher-level stuff.

In this campaign I'm a lv 8 paladin. I wish I had plate mail a magic weapon and more spell slots. I should of mc in to warlock so I have all that. Between spamming protect from good and evil and magic weapon I have no slots to smite with.
Just last week I almost died from one vampire because it grapple hit I break grapple easy but when I went to move out of the way it hit to grapple again on the aoo. So I start next turn in grapple again I did attack it while grappled but it just reheal any damage I did because I didn't have a magic weapon to to enough damage.