PDA

View Full Version : What game system do you believe has the most fun/functional crafting system?

Coidzor
2016-06-22, 04:32 PM
Bonus points for being relatively well balanced against producing game breaking combos trivially/from basic, intuitive choices.

Slayn82
2016-06-22, 06:10 PM
Gurps for me. Creating magic items took a good amount of effort in low level campaigns and using only Magic rules, but on higher levels it was very efficient - you could just pay character points, using power creation rules. Sometimes even combined those forms of magic item creation.

One path allowed you to use time and money to increase in power, the other was more direct, but balanced against other resources like Allies, Patrons, Blessings. Or Cybernetic Implants, assault robots, etc.

Noje
2016-06-22, 06:21 PM
AD&D 1e makes creating magic items an entire quest of their own. it's a great way excellent for high level characters to do something in a campaign where things are slowing down. While it takes forever, you really get attached to your items this way and appreciate the ones that you don't have to craft.

comk59
2016-06-22, 06:21 PM
Has anyone else ever played Outbreak Undead? It was a mediocre system at best, but I vaguely remember the weapon crafting system being fun.

raygun goth
2016-06-23, 12:07 AM
The junker system from The Junkman Cometh in Deadlands: Hell on Earth. You can build almost anything, just as long as you feel like doing algebra. The best part is that you'll end up with a book filled with illegible notes and esoteric formulae by the time you're done, and you can use them as props for the future!

Regitnui
2016-06-23, 02:34 AM
Minecraft.

No, sorry, don't know any ttRPG with a good system, sorry.

Milo v3
2016-06-23, 02:44 AM
Best I've come across is probably be the sorcerous workings system from Exalted 3e (not 3e's actual crafting system though.... that's horrific).