PDA

View Full Version : Beast Master Pet Question

SMac8988
2016-06-22, 07:35 PM
So I was reading on a couple other locations and couldn't find an answer, so figured i would bring it to the giants!

So my question is; the beast master states that at level 3 you get a beast of cr 1/4. Which is good by me, I still don't see why everyone complains about the class. But it says that if your pet dies you must bond with a new beast that is friendly with you, but does not mention the cr limit at this point. Is it implied it is still a cr 1/4 by raw or is it open to what you can find in game; due to having to build a bond with a beast and possibly rp it out?

famousringo
2016-06-22, 08:50 PM
Yeah, it's assumed that any pet will be CR 1/4 or less. As fun as it would be to try to domesticate a triceratops...

SMac8988
2016-06-22, 09:16 PM
I just was thinking as a way to "fix" what everyone bitches about. Honestly in my game I have offered my ranger to run it almost as a take a pet for the location. More or less he can tame an animal per story arc and use it. So wolf is great in like the wood, but maybe a giant spider in a cave. But He Looked At What People Said Online and went hunter for the increased dps....

R.Shackleford
2016-06-22, 10:14 PM
I just was thinking as a way to "fix" what everyone bitches about. Honestly in my game I have offered my ranger to run it almost as a take a pet for the location. More or less he can tame an animal per story arc and use it. So wolf is great in like the wood, but maybe a giant spider in a cave. But He Looked At What People Said Online and went hunter for the increased dps....

For a lot of people it isn't even the DPS that is the main problem.

The main problem is that it doesn't act like an animal companion at all, it acts like a robot. Actually it acts worse than that.

RickAllison
2016-06-22, 10:53 PM
Yeah, it's assumed that any pet will be CR 1/4 or less. As fun as it would be to try to domesticate a triceratops...

"No, down Tracy! Don't impale the mayor! No, I don't care that he didn't share his apple, that is not what good dinosaurs do."