PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PoW clarification -Zenith strikes-

thecrimsondawn
2016-06-23, 02:32 AM
I have found that most situations are rather cut and dry about what works and does not work with path of war, but this one has started a debate in our group. Zenith strike series of moves from Scarlet Throne have you make a sense motive check in place of an attack roll for your attack to do two or more times your normal damage. While its obvious this means that any bonuses from feats, weapon enhancements, STR (or dex with deadly agility), and the like would apply, it does not clearly state what type of effect this would have on classes with sneak attack damage or deadly strike damage.
A little over a month ago I asked a question related to the PoW - Expanded 'Mithril Current' new discipline and style feats related to how silver vulnerability effects such class features. The answer I got was that it does indeed increase the damage done from deadly strike, sneak attack, or other such non energy based class features, so I am wondering if the same logic would apply here to this.

Florian
2016-06-23, 02:55 AM
Precision Damage is never multiplied unless especially called out to do so. I donīt see why it should be different with zenith strikes.

Tuvarkz
2016-06-23, 03:10 AM
Zenith strikes don't multiply stuff like deadly strike, sneak attack, variable-dependant bonus damage from boosts, flaming, etc.
However, since vulnerability is not a multiplier on the damage done but on the damage taken by the target of the attack, I believe it does multiply all damage that is taken.

thecrimsondawn
2016-06-23, 03:38 AM
Zenith strikes don't multiply stuff like deadly strike, sneak attack, variable-dependant bonus damage from boosts, flaming, etc.
However, since vulnerability is not a multiplier on the damage done but on the damage taken by the target of the attack, I believe it does multiply all damage that is taken.

That is a good way to look at it, and I can agree with this. Thanks for the reply :)