PDA

View Full Version : Ybn1197's Mummy's Mask IC

ybn1197
2016-06-23, 06:25 AM
The bustling desert city of Wati is near bursting with excitement. Adventurers from every corner of the Inner Sea region have assembled here beneath the hot Osirian sun to explore the tombs of the city’s necropolis, waiting only to be assigned their first sites for exploration. Surrounding the participants, the public has gathered to observe the ceremony as well. There is a festival-like quality in the air, and numerous street vendors are hawking goods and refreshments to participants and spectators alike. Some merchants have even brought what can only be considered adventuring gear to sell as last minute convenience items to explorers, while others advertise that they’ll buy recovered treasures and antiquities from those who visit their establishments.

In front of the imposing edifice of the Grand Mausoleum, an immense awning has been erected between decorated pillars in the market to provide shade for the priests of Pharasma overseeing the lottery. Beneath the awning, two urns sit atop a table elevated a few feet above the ground on a wooden stage constructed for the event. The high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, sits behind the table, while two acolytes confer with her at either side.

Numerous adventuring groups stand in small clusters near the stage, made up of multiple nationalities and races. Most keep to themselves, but some teams engage in quiet conversation with other teams, mostly speculating about what they’ll likely face in the necropolis.

The ceremony begins when the high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, rises to her feet and looks over the crowd. Sebti seems surprisingly young to hold such a distinguished position, but she has a confident air of authority. After calling for silence, she begins with an invocation to the Lady of Graves, followed by a brief history of the founding of the necropolis. Sebti concludes by saying:

“Let the lottery begin! Although many of you have requested specific sites to explore, we must leave these matters to fate. The Lady of Graves is a far better judge of destiny than we of this mortal sphere. The gates of the necropolis will open at sunrise tomorrow. Use this evening to prepare yourselves for the task ahead. Let these rules guide you in your endeavors in this holy place: remember how this came to pass, every slave’s hut is a memorial, and honor the departed. May you go with the Lady’s blessing.”

After Sebti returns to her seat, the two acolytes accompanying her each draw a wooden token from one of the urns on the table. The first token identifies the adventuring group, matching the token that group received when it registered for the lottery. The second token determines which tomb is assigned to that group. A single representative of the chosen group is then summoned to the stage to present the token his group received at registration to one of the acolytes. Once the group’s identity has been confirmed, Sebti shows the representative the location of that group’s first exploration site on a map of the entire necropolis. She also gives the representative a smaller, sketched map that shows the site’s location in relation to the necropolis gates. Once a group has received its assignment, the process repeats with a new group.

In time, your group's token is called. Who shall represent the group?

Jack Mann
2016-06-23, 07:31 PM
Yusef bin Assad approaches the acolytes with a wild look in his eyes, Yasmin padding at his side. He was no the cleverest of the group, nor the strongest, but he was, by the gods, the best looking, and if that did not qualify him to speak, what did?

"I am Yusef bin Assad of... ah..." He realized that they had not actually come up with a name for their merry band. "Of... a group of adventurers whose name must be kept... secret.... because of an oath! Yes! An oath that we will not speak our name to anyone until such a time that we prove worthy of it! Yes, that is the truth of the matter." He nods sagely. "Now, tell me, please, what have the gods decreed for us, that we may seek our fortunes as they will?"

Cleavon
2016-06-24, 08:04 AM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Leaned against a pillar, watching Yusef approach the wooden stage. He sniffed a bit, his armor tight across his rocky frame, but his light colored wrappings to keep the heat away softly blowing in the light breeze that cut the heat like a knife. He shifted his arms on his chest and glanced at a few of the other groups gathered there. With so many there must be every sort of cutthroat and thief among them somewhere.

He turned back to watching Yusef, commenting blithely,

"The necropolis is absolutely massive. Even with all these groups we'll hardly make a dent, I bet. As much as I want to see the ancient burial sites...I hope they don't give us a boring one."

ybn1197
2016-06-24, 09:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Veia6XA.png
Septi seems momentarily taken aback by Yusef's question. Thinking back, he realizes that he never saw nor heard any of the others pose a question to her. They all simply watches as Septi checked the token picked by her acolyte and then pointed to a spot on the map. A thin smile cracks the woman's stoic facade and she says quite simply and plainly, "The Tomb of Akhentepi, here on the far side of the necropolis." She points on the map to a spot near the wall on the far side. Marked in light red on the map below.
http://i.imgur.com/lgj7PFS.png
With her finger still on the map, she looks directly at Yusef and arches her eyebrow as if to say, are their any other questions?, yet you see it more as a dare to ask any other questions.

suburban
2016-06-24, 10:53 AM
Khutimeresh

Khu leans on his staff as he watches the High Priestess begins the lottery, sweating in the desert sun as one after another token is selected, and group after group is given their assignment. Wondering to himself "Have I come all this way in vain?", he looks at his fellow adventurers, a group founded only a few scant hours before, in the wee hours of the morning around a dying fire in the Bronze Anvil...the only tavern in the entire city where one could find a decent mug of dwarven ale.

It was there he had encountered Harsk, a cousin of his, but one he had not spoken to in many, many years...and one whose presence he would not have sought out had it been his choice. But the choice was not his, given the circumstance, and what better adventuring companion than a fellow dwarf (and a family member, no matter how strained the relationship might be)? As the evening wore on, and the eastern sky began to lighten, the rest of their party had formed, though Khu could not seem to remember the exact circumstances with which each member had joined them: there was Aelin, the halfling bard, who seemed to appear from nowhere (no doubt an inherent skill, given his size); Rashad, a great hulk of a man, whose skin seemed to be made of living stone; and Yusef, a human sorcerer of some sort, though it seemed to Khu that he had the look of fey about him.

And suddenly Yusef is stepping forward, holding aloft their token. From the platform, Yusef looks back at their group as he rather hesitantly 'introduces' them. Khu stands straight, attempting to give this moment all of the respect and reverence that it deserves, as the High Priestess calls out their destination.

ybn1197, I can't see the images in your post. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it on my end?

Zhentarim
2016-06-25, 12:48 AM
Harsk was accustomed to Wati's heat by now. Instead of the heat, it was the crowd that bothered him. The crowd made him uneasy, as he was used to meditating in The Grand Masoleum on the mysteries of life, aiding a woman in childbirth, fending off undead, or performing funeral services. Harsk usually balked at the idea of mingling in such large and lively crowds, but he had a duty to the Lady of Graves to see that the graves were respected. When Sebti the Crocodile began drawing tokens, Harsk looked to his cousin, Khu. Harsk was proud he shed off the traditions of the old gods in favor of the mistress of fate. His unique understanding of the boneyard would help him guide new souls to the upper planes. Khu, on the other hand, did not work for others salvation, and Harsk pitied him. However, having an extra dwarf on the team was nice, especially a cousin, and Harsk was determined to show his brother the light.

Jack Mann
2016-06-25, 03:34 PM
Yusef glances at the map. "Pharasma is as wise as her representative is beautiful," he says, bowing deeply. He makes a note of the point on the map, memorizing it for later, then hurries back to the others.

"We're in, fellows! It looks like a good one. Nice and far, so a better chance, I think, that it's gone undisturbed." He rubs his hands together gleefully. "This is the start of something big. Can you feel it? I can feel it. Yasmin feels it."

The lioness, for her part, merely sits down and gives a look of long-suffering patience.

"And with our handy lockpick's help, it should go smoothly as silk. I ask you, what could go wrong?"

Zhentarim
2016-06-25, 05:51 PM
Yusef glances at the map. "Pharasma is as wise as her representative is beautiful," he says, bowing deeply. He makes a note of the point on the map, memorizing it for later, then hurries back to the others.

"We're in, fellows! It looks like a good one. Nice and far, so a better chance, I think, that it's gone undisturbed." He rubs his hands together gleefully. "This is the start of something big. Can you feel it? I can feel it. Yasmin feels it."

The lioness, for her part, merely sits down and gives a look of long-suffering patience.

"And with our handy lockpick's help, it should go smoothly as silk. I ask you, what could go wrong?"

"I am also looking forward to showcasing the glories of Osirion. However, I must also ensure the tombs are respected."

Cleavon
2016-06-25, 06:47 PM
Rasha bin Malatesh

Grinned when Yusef returned. It would seem they had been given a decent tomb. He was very glad to hear it was further in. There was certainly a chance that some tombs had been violated in the years the necropolis had been closed, and it would have been a shame to wander around a desecrated tomb rather than get the chance to truly explore something no one had been in for many years.

He perked a stony eyebrow at Yusef.

"A lot could go wrong. As long as we adhere to the rules and don't take the undead lightly we should be fine, I would think though."

suburban
2016-06-25, 11:19 PM
Khutimeresh

Khu searches his memories at the mention of "Akhentepi", trying to recall if he knew anything of this name that might help them in their upcoming endeavor. He is pleased to hear both Harsk and Rashad speaking of the importance of respecting the sanctity of the tombs; he expected as much from his cousin, but of his other companions he could not be certain - it was a relief to discover that at least one of them was not a would-be graverobber.

Aye, this is no game we are about to play. The dead are always to be respected, and also to be feared, should they be roused from their sleep. But so long as we are careful and reverent, we should have nothing to fear.

He looks around at the crowd, a bit nervously, then asks What do we do now? Should we head straight for the Tomb? Or are there some formalities that we must observer first?

Does anyone need supplies before we set out?

Knowledge (History) check on "Akhentepi" (assuming that would be 'History'. If it should be 'Religion' instead, that's fine, seeing as how Khu has a +5 there... :smallsmile:)
1d20+1

err...somebody wanna give me a hand with the die-roller there? Am I doing something wrong?

Zhentarim
2016-06-26, 10:53 AM
"I remember tending that tomb one day. We are required to learn about each house of the dead."

History
[roll0]
Profession (Pharasmin Priest)
[roll1]
Religion
[roll2]

Just pick the most relevant one.

ybn1197
2016-06-27, 08:39 AM
Thinking on the name of Akhentepi, neither Khu nor Harsk are able to remember anything of importance.

Once all the groups are called and the sites given out, the gathering concludes and everyone makes their own way out of the plaza. The gates to the necropolis will be opened tomorrow morning with the rising of the sun. You have until then to do whatever you would like.

Does anyone have anything they want to do or do we fast-forward?

ybn1197
2016-06-29, 01:38 PM
You rise with the sun the next morning and make your way to the gates of the necropolis. You arrive to find yourselves not alone, a number of groups decided upon entering as soon as possible in order to make the best use of the sunlight while it was available. Using the sketched map, you have no problems finding the tomb assigned to you. The tomb is located in the city’s original cemetery in the eastern section of the necropolis.

A rectangular stone mausoleum sits alone in what appears to have once been an actual cemetery. The trunks of a few dead trees poke out of the sand around the tomb, and a hot breeze whistles through their desiccated branches. A set of massive stone double doors is affixed to the northern side of the structure, beneath a facade bearing the likeness of an Osirian man. Windblown sand is heaped around the crypt, partially burying the doors that lead within.

The name of the individual interred within the tomb, Akhentepi, is engraved upon the doors in Osiriani, along with the dates of his birth and death, indicating that the
deceased was born in 2416 AR and died in 2488 AR, 11 years before the Plague of Madness decimated most of the city.

The doors are 10 feet tall and made of solid stone with no visible handles or hinges. There are also telltale traces of mortar along the seams and jamb that has since crumbled or been chipped away, indicating that the doors were meant to be sealed permanently and not intended to be opened again.

Cleavon
2016-06-29, 06:43 PM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Eyed the other groups gathered at the gates when they arrived. He had slept well and was eager to get under way, but it kept nagging at him that there simply must be some number of unscrupulous individuals, only concerned with seeking the riches that may be hidden in the necropolis. He shook the thought off as the gates were officially opened and they quickly made their way to the section, in the old original cemetery.

Upon arrival it was not at all what he would have thought. Though the necropolis was old it seemed rather plain, save for the intricate workings on the doors which were carved in the native language of Osirian, though that was as far as his knowledge of them went. He eyed the sand swept up at the bottom of the door, a decent amount of it.

"An interesting little tomb it would seem. Seems these doors were meant to be permanently sealed. Anyone see any indication of which way the doors were meant to swing? No use pushing on doors that are meant to be pulled outward."

Rashad doesn't have any sort of knowledge to help figure out anything about how the doors open, so he's just going to take a look around and make I'll toss an intelligence check in there and hope I roll high.

Intelligence Check to determine which way the doors swing after examining them:
[roll0]

ybn1197
2016-06-30, 08:19 AM
I'm going to give it to you as it was a Perception Roll (DC15). Your straight roll of 14 + your perception is enough.

Rashad notices there are small indents, almost imperceptible, where hinges should be. You realize that the hinges are concealed within the door itself and it appears as though the doors would swing outward. However you are doubtful they will swing at the moment due to the build-up of sand in front of them. You will have to clear the sand out before attempting to open the doors.

Cleavon
2016-06-30, 08:37 AM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Looked at the curious indentations, tilting his head and running a stony finger over them as he found each one.

"Here we are looks like it swings outwards. The sand is going to have to go..."

He shrugged and began removing the sand by hand. Digging with both hands in big scoopfuls to get it out of the way. He didn't ask anyone to help, but he did figure at least some of the troupe would be interested in getting into the tomb sooner than later!

Jack Mann
2016-06-30, 01:25 PM
As Rasheed scratches at the sand, Yusef reads the inscription on the tomb. "Akhentepi! We're in the right place. Let's see... born in 2416, died 2488. Interesting. It seems he did not live to die of the plague. Well, let's hope in his seventy-odd years he did well for himself."

To Rasheed, he said "If the hinges are not on this side, I would think they would swing inward. I am not a mason, however. Perhaps our locksmith might know?"

Dark Hawk799
2016-06-30, 10:14 PM
"Hmm, yes, door without lock, well umm, not really my specialty. I'll look and see what I can do, can't be too different from a door with a lock." Mumbling under his breath, Aelin moves up to the door and takes a closer look for any kind of mechanism that would open the door when it's not buried.

Perception to see if there's a mechanism:[roll0]
Disable device to determine how mechanism might work:[roll1]
(not trying to actually open the door yet)

Zhentarim
2016-07-01, 09:54 AM
Harsk winced as the tomb opened. It was not easy getting used to the newly relaxed rules by the church, but he had a duty to make sure the dead were respected. He followed after the group, and after a deep breath to relax, said "Remember to do no harm!

suburban
2016-07-02, 10:29 AM
Khutimeresh

Khu finds himself strangely apprehensive as the party enters the necropolis. It is with a mixture of excitement and dread that he first eyes the tomb of Ahkentepi...but he almost feels let down upon actually seeing it - the plain stone doors, lacking the elaborate ornamentation that his mind's eye had imagined.

When Yusef reads the inscription on the door, any sense of his fear or disappointment washes away...he was finally here, about to enter a tomb which had lain undisturbed for centuries! As Rasheed begins clearing the sand from the door, Khu approaches, carefully examining the stonework.

"Be careful...this tomb was not meant by its builders to be entered. We may find it more difficult than expected to gain entry...or at least to do so safely..."

Perception check for traps or other hidden features on the doors. Using the Dwarf 'Stonecunning' to gain +2 to the check
[roll0]

ybn1197
2016-07-05, 09:27 AM
Aelin and Khu look about the door but they are unable to find any signs of traps or other devices to either deter thieves or allow entrance. Aelin does however find evidence that at some point in time in the past someone attempted to open the door by using a crowbar or similar tool and inserted it into the cracks between the two stone doors.

It will take about an hour of time to clear the sand away from the doors. Actions?

Zhentarim
2016-07-05, 03:41 PM
Harsk sat and meditated.

Cleavon
2016-07-05, 07:49 PM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Didn't bother to check and see why those who didn't help remove the sand chose not to do so. He simply worked hard, clearing away the sand with his powerful arms (He hadn't thought to bring a shovel) and didn't complain. He had figured that there would be some work that he was better suited for and it manual labor was certainly in his wheel house.

He only stopped once to fetch one of his waterskins and a take a drink. Slinging it over his back he continued to work the sand away from the doors, regardless how long he had to work at it.

Jack Mann
2016-07-05, 08:39 PM
Yusef shares some of his water with Yasmin, then goes to the nearest water source and refills his water skin (and anyone else's that needs refilling).

That done, he sits in the shade. Physical labor was not his forte.

ybn1197
2016-07-06, 07:02 AM
An hour has passed and Rashad has cleared the sand away from the doors.

Actions?

suburban
2016-07-06, 10:08 AM
Khutimeresh

"So...what now? I see no handle...how do we pull these doors open?" Khu looks closely at the surface of the doors, running his fingers along the seams, being careful to keep his fingers just off the surface, and not actually touching the stone.

Well, Khu was planning to help with clearing the sand...he even has a nice shiny new Traveler's Any-Tool that he purchased just for such an occasion! But alas, yesterday was not as calm and relaxing as I'd hoped, so I never got the chance to put that plan into effect. :smallredface:

Rashad, Khu owes you one.

Dark Hawk799
2016-07-06, 12:14 PM
Perhaps with the sand out of the way the door will now be free to swing outward if correct leverage is applied. I however have no such tools to perform such a task.

Cleavon
2016-07-06, 05:40 PM
Rashad bin Malatesh

With the sand finally out of the way he once again ran his stony fingers over the places he had observed to be hinges. With the door finally able to potentially swing outwards he looked at the places where it appeared a crowbar had been placed into the door. He frowned at the marks. Perhaps they simply hadn't had anyone strong enough to open the door, those who tried to open it before. Obviously unsavory types, as the Necropolis was not to be entered before now.

He turned and looked around the gathered party.

"Anyone have a crowbar, or something I could use as one? With no handles I think it'll be the only way to get this open."

Zhentarim
2016-07-06, 11:50 PM
Harsk sat and meditated, not judging the noises around him.

Jack Mann
2016-07-08, 05:06 PM
Yusef looks at the door, considering.He begins to prod and pull and push at various parts of the door. Surely there must be some way for it to open up! "Don't worry about the others who were here. They could not get in, but they were not nearly as clever as we were. I assume, anyway. We look pretty clever, I think. Let's just assume we're the more clever group, at least for the purposes of tomb-entering."

Yazmin lays down and watches him.

suburban
2016-07-11, 10:13 AM
Khutimeresh

"Anyone have a crowbar, or something I could use as one? With no handles I think it'll be the only way to get this open."

"I have a hammer, and some spikes...but I'm afraid those will only be of use once we've opened the doors. In any case, something tells me that we may need more than brute strength to open them. Still, I suppose standing here and staring at them is not likely to accomplish anything, either..."

Khu stands there staring at the doors for a few minutes...trying to figure some way in. Eventually, he speaks again.

"Err...you don't suppose it would respond to a simple 'Open Door' spell, would it?"

I don't suppose it probably will, since the description of the 'Open-Close' spell noted that it only works on doors weighing 30 pounds or less. But maybe these are extremely well-balanced doors, that can easily be moved with just a pinky's-worth of force :smallbiggrin:

ybn1197
2016-07-11, 12:30 PM
OCC: I've just checked everyone's spells, equipment, and abilities. At this point, we'll say that while Rashad was clearing the sand away, Aelin returned to the city and purchased a crowbar.

Cleavon
2016-07-11, 08:00 PM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Upon Aelin's return to the site he eyed the doors and then took up the crowbar.

"This ought to do it."

He worked the crowbar between the two doors and tried to leverage the doors open.

If I'm reading this right, the crowbar will give me a +2 circumstance bonus to my strength check to pry the doors open.

Strength Check
[roll0] (4 str 2 Crowbar)

ybn1197
2016-07-12, 07:39 AM
Rashad puts his back into it and it seems that the doors budge a little, but he is not able to get the doors to open enough.

(ooc)Failed your STR check. DC20 w/ crowbar(/ooc) Anyone else want to give it a try?

Zhentarim
2016-07-12, 05:21 PM
Harsk gets up from meditating. He grabs the crowbar, and he approaches the door.

"May the Lady of Graves allow me to enter this sacred tomb!"

[roll0]

Harsk has +3 str and +2 from the crowbar.

suburban
2016-07-12, 09:35 PM
Khutimeresh

Khu watches as his cousin tries to pry the doors open. After a few moments of struggling, he can see the massive stones beginning to move. Reaching in, he grips the edge of the door as best he can and throws his weight backwards, trying to offer whatever aid he can.

It looks like Harsk has met the Strength check on his own, but just in case he needs to exceed, rather than just meet, it, Khu will try to Aid him. And if his help is really not needed (or if it is, but the roll fails)...well, he looked like he was trying to help, and that's what's important, right?

[roll0]

ybn1197
2016-07-13, 07:54 AM
With Harsk and Khu (though Khu feels he provided very little assistance) working at them, the doors begrudgingly open allowing light into the tomb for the first time in a mighty long time. You notice that there are no handles on the insides of the door as well and it was only through proper leverage that you were able to open them.

The rectangular room the doors open into is empty save for some engravings and fixtures upon the walls and an immense stone wheel against the south wall. The air is stale, and a layer of dust and sand covers the floor, lying in a thicker layer to the south. All four walls bear sunk-relief engravings and hieroglyphs, while small stone faces are affixed to the walls at about shoulder height in each corner. The stone wheel to the south is engraved with a large spiral and is set in stone tracks in the floor and ceiling.

Cleavon
2016-07-13, 08:34 AM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Never one to not welcome help, when he gave up the bar to Harsk and the little stout fellow was able to pry the doors open he gave a wide grin and once the job was done clapped the pahmet on the shoulder and peered into the rectangular room they had finally gained access too.

"Great work! This all looks particularly strange. I mean look at this thing!"

Rashad calmly walked into the tomb, so overcome by the need to explore that he didn't even think to wait and see if perhaps some ancient traps might be set or some such. He didn't touch anything, though. His only contact was the soft fall of his boots disturbing the detritus and dust on the floor as he peered at the engravings, each wall in turn. Finally he gave the wheel a good look over and then turned and shrugged slightly at the rest of their troupe.

"Huh. How...puzzling."

ybn1197
2016-07-13, 09:16 AM
OCC: If you would like to examine the engravings, please give me a 2 separate Knowledge Religion checks. If you would like to interpret the hieroglyphs, you need to know Ancient Osiriani.

The stone wheel against the south wall is 10 feet in diameter and 6 inches wide.

Jack Mann
2016-07-13, 08:00 PM
Yusuf creates four points of light that dance in the air, then steps in. He motions for Yasmin to follow. "Surely this mechanism leads to treasure of some sort. I doubt mightily that they would have gone to all the trouble to put such a thing in here for no reason."

His eyes glowed slightly as he looked around, seeing if any magic was in effect.

Casting Dancing Lights to be able to see and then Detect Magic for any auras hidden around.

Dark Hawk799
2016-07-14, 07:43 PM
Aelin steps into the now lit room and takes a look around, then moves to inspect the wheel closely.

Perception check on wheel: [roll0]

ybn1197
2016-07-15, 10:02 AM
Thanks to Yusuf's magic, all are able to see inside the tomb without the aid of torches or lanterns. Yusuf however is unable to detect any signs of magic.

Aelin realizes the the wheel of stone is completely on a set of tracks, both on the ceiling and on the floor. It looks very heavy and it probably will take more than one person to move the stone. Given the available space, 4 people could probably put their backs into it and move it along the track.

Zhentarim
2016-07-15, 09:45 PM
OCC: If you would like to examine the engravings, please give me a 2 separate Knowledge Religion checks. If you would like to interpret the hieroglyphs, you need to know Ancient Osiriani.

The stone wheel against the south wall is 10 feet in diameter and 6 inches wide.

As Harsk entered, he quietly examined the room and his eyes rested upon some hieroglyphs. Harsk pondered what he saw.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dark Hawk799
2016-07-16, 12:27 PM
Aelin, after looking at the stone wheel, looks around the room at his fellow adventurers, "I think if the strongest four of us work on that stone wheel, we can get it open and see what's beyond."

suburban
2016-07-17, 11:23 AM
Khutimeresh

Khu enters the tomb quietly, standing in the center and spending several moments looking all around the interior. He closes his eyes and says a silent prayer to Ptah, feeling his ancient presence permeating the space.

He then spends some time to take a closer look at the engravings, and closely examines the huge wheel that is the focal point of the room, checking it for traps of hidden controls.

I wouldn't be surprised if this contraption were trapped, to keep people like us out. Of course, I thought the same thing about those doors behind us...

Religion rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]

Perception roll on stone wheel
[roll2]

Sooo...this is what my last few days have been like...

We had 35 people over yesterday for a 70th anniversary party for my mother-in-law. Preparations were complicated by the fact that my wife ruptured her plantar fascia on Thursday afternoon, and so has been on crutches (or more often sitting on the sofa with her foot iced and elevated. I don't think I've opened my computer in the last couple days...pretty much every waking moment has been occupied with party-prep and party hosting.

Thankfully a good time was had by all, and my in-laws helped clean up afterwards last night, so the house in in relatively normal condition today, and I should be back to a reasonable posting rate.

Jack Mann
2016-07-17, 11:51 PM
"Perhaps it's trapped. Perhaps the sky will fall! You worry too much. We have not found the traps, and there is no use worrying about them until either we do, or we set them off." With that, he hefted his back to the stone wheel. "Come on now, our locksmith has found the entrance! Let us seek our glory and treasure with greatest of haste!"

Yasmin, for her part, simply sits and watches her master, eyes glittering in the dark.

Cleavon
2016-07-18, 12:24 AM
Rashad bin Malatesh

Listened to the words of those gathered. He was concerned of traps as well, but he hadn't ever let anything like that stop him. Several of the more learned people had given the wheel a good looking over and that was good enough for him. He nodded and grasped the wheel as firmly as he could, trying to find good hand holds that won't threaten to damage the thing (if it's even possible to damage it by moving it)

"It's been sitting for so long, it might take a few tries to get it to go. Come on, if you've got a mind to help let's get on this thing and give it a go on a three count."

Rashad gripped the wheel tightly and waited for others to get a grip they intended to help. Once everyone who wanted to help was on he counted down.

"On three. One, two, three!"

Figure getting this going can't be a bad thing. Strength check coming from me, and others can figure out if they successfully aided or what not as they like.

Strength Check:
[roll0]

Zhentarim
2016-07-18, 12:46 PM
Letting the hieroglyphs continue to percolate in his brain, Harsk aided his teammates in moving the door.

Strength [roll0]
(+3 from stats)
(additional +2 due to help from team)

suburban
2016-07-20, 10:25 AM
Khutimeresh

As the others move forward to grip the huge wheel as best they can, Khu continues to stare at it, unwilling to believe that the solution to the problem could be so simple. But seeing no other likely way forward, he shrugs his shoulders, and moves to grab the stone and lend his weight to the task...muttering under his breath, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Strength check[roll0]

Jack Mann
2016-07-20, 09:47 PM
Not sure if it's needed, but here's a strength roll from your scrawny sorcerer:
[roll0]