PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to play a Sphere Magus with the revised action economy

zautos
2016-06-23, 01:51 PM
So as 1 act i can cast any spell i have and make one attack
As 2 acts i can use spell strike to cast a spell and then attack with that spell

So a round can look like this
first I can spellstrike as 2 acts with a blast. I pick one that cost 0 and deals 1d6/2Lv
No i have 1 act left so i use spell combat to attack and cast a spell. I attack first with a -7 to hit (I think this is correct, might just be -2 because of how the actions are written).
Then I cast a spell On me like invisibility.

Or i can use spell combat in the beginning of the turn to buff my self with Time to get an extra attack or enhancement to get stronger or something.

Instead of using a buff spell I could use a attack spell and have a turn that looks like
Spell Attack (-2) + Normal Attack (-2)
Spell Attack (-7) Could also be -2 or -5 depending on how you think it should work.

I can do this every turn for ever. With out using spell points or anything.

So What do you think about it working like this?

Also Any class can do this with a 2 level dip in mague

stack
2016-06-23, 02:38 PM
Sphere magus is very nice. Don't forget warp!

I haven't used the revised action economy rules. I'm glancing at them now and it looks like with spell combat and spell strike you can make an attack and cast a standard action spell, then in the act of casting that spell you would apply spellstrike normally. Haven't read enough yet to follow how the system handles full attacks and all that.

zautos
2016-06-23, 02:49 PM
Sphere magus is very nice. Don't forget warp!

I haven't used the revised action economy rules. I'm glancing at them now and it looks like with spell combat and spell strike you can make an attack and cast a standard action spell, then in the act of casting that spell you would apply spellstrike normally. Haven't read enough yet to follow how the system handles full attacks and all that.

Warp is super good. just use spell combat warp next to your target and then use the attack at -2 from spell combat and then you can use spell strike or 2 attack actions.

zautos
2016-06-24, 03:57 AM
I'm thinking of adding a spell point cost to use spellcombat and spell strike in the same turn and a limit of how many caster levels you can use for your spells you cast with spell combat or spell strike. The limit could be your magus level so if you dip magus you can't use spell combat and spell strike with your higher level spells. But you can still dip other classes and still use spell combat at full power.