PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Is this task right for this party?

Stuvius
2016-06-23, 03:02 PM
Good Day Playground!

I am currently running a 3.5 campaign with three players. Sources include all core books and the ‘Complete’ books. Each player has two characters under their control. They are members of an adventuring guild and take on various 'jobs' selecting which members to utilize, depending on the information they are able to obtain about the job. I am currently building a job which would take them into a deserted temple of Moradin to retrieve a religious artifact. I would like to have the temple now occupied by a cult of Kobolds or maybe lizard men, which worship a young white dragon. I plan on a running battle of sorts with the tricky Kobolds/lizard men- to include use of ambushes/traps/ environmental hazards etc. and then a showdown with the dragon and maybe a cleric. The characters are all lvl 4. The characters that will be selected from to build this party include:

Half-Orc Fighter
Human Warmage
Dwarf Cleric of Boccob
Human Warlock
Lizardfolk with a level of ranger (Fights mostly as an upfront melee with natural weapon, claws, and longsword.)
Human Sorcerer
Does the above scenario seem reasonable for a three man party selected from the available characters? Thanks in advance for the help.