PDA

View Full Version : Did Team Evil just walk past the gate?

ApocalypseSquid
2016-06-23, 03:08 PM
Kraagor was killed when the Order of the Scribble closed the gate with him fighting the Snarl. We've seen Xykon vandalizing his statue, which, IIRC, was erected over Kraagor's Grave, which was where the last Gate was. Am I missing something here?

dancrilis
2016-06-23, 03:16 PM
There was a massive excavation project - where anything was before that is unknown.

Also it is possible that gates can be physically moved - while I suspect that this is more symbolic than literal panel 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html) has Soon moving his gate.

Gift Jeraff
2016-06-23, 03:20 PM
Also it is possible that gates can be physically moved

They can't. The Sapphire in that panel was an additional seal. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?212022-What-was-Soon-Holding-(Possibly-Spoilerish)/page2&p=11686931#post11686931)

dancrilis
2016-06-23, 03:25 PM
Ah, thank you.

SaintRidley
2016-06-23, 04:26 PM
Anything in crayon has unreliable narration scribbled all over it. I wouldn't put complete faith in the crayon drawings to accurately portray the specifics of conversations and locations as they actually happened.

NerdyKris
2016-06-23, 04:57 PM
We've seen Xykon vandalizing his statue, which, IIRC, was erected over Kraagor's Grave, which was where the last Gate was. Am I missing something here?

There is no evidence that the gate was erected on the spot he died in. The shot of him attacking the Snarl and the shot of the statue are not exactly the same location. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) That tree isn't there in the second shot.

It could be under the statue, but that would be dangerous, as anyone walking by that wanted to knock the head off some random statue would be tearing apart the fabric of reality. The gates still need to be protected from random damage, not just people looking for them.

Anything in crayon has unreliable narration scribbled all over it. I wouldn't put complete faith in the crayon drawings to accurately portray the specifics of conversations and locations as they actually happened.

Like the fact that it's a guy known to lie retelling a story he heard from his father who heard it from Soon. Details are going to be lost over time, either intentionally or because it's being related third hand.

Ruslan
2016-06-23, 05:18 PM
Did Team Evil just walk past the gate?What gate?

dancrilis
2016-06-23, 05:42 PM

That is why I initially assumed it was symbolic rather than literal.

Frankly Kraagor Gate is at Kraagor Statue is starting to be an all Dwarves should commit ritual suicide - we can't prove that this is not the solution yet but it seems unlikely.

So decided that I would go a different way than that poor idea of a shell game in this case and instead mention the with the excavation and allow for the Gate being potentially moved (since than been shown that my understanding of the gem was wrong).

Reboot
2016-06-23, 07:43 PM
I think the sheer number of posters who have bet on it being under the statue is in and of itself a clue that it won't be that...

Draconi Redfir
2016-06-23, 07:56 PM
Also minor note to bring up: The statue existed before the temples were built to fortify the gates. They would have had to made the decision to put the gate into/under the statue before they even knew how to protect the gates as a whole, which is unlikely.

The Extinguisher
2016-06-24, 08:25 PM
I'm positive the gate isn't related to the statue at all. However, after reading comic 276 (the one linked above), I'm convinced there's gonna be a tree next to it. You don't put a tree in there twice without it meaning something :smallsmile:

So keep a look out for trees.