PDA

View Full Version : Requiem Macabre IC

Dudu
2016-06-23, 09:52 PM
REQUIEM MACABRE

http://humananatomybody.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/bones-of-the-hand-image-iQRj.jpg

IC Post

OOC Post will be here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?491309-Requiem-Macabre-(5-0-CLOSED))

Doc on the making

Some info about the world before we start.

The Rise of the Illuminism

http://t.wallpaperweb.org/wallpaper/digital_art/1920x1200/fantasy_art_scenery_wallpaper_ognian_bonev_03.jpg
Zeppelins and guns are pretty much the biggest technological advances in this new era

Guns exist now, gunpowder changed the way war was made. Not only that, but crime and duels too. The most technologically advanced parts of the world also sport Zeppelins too. After the fabled period were the arcanists ruled supreme the world lived under the rule of religious entities. In both eras, the pursue for understanding how nature works was overshadowed by attempts in mastering magic.

First, with the incessant quest after grimmoires and places that were source of arcane power, as well as careful study on how to best used those findings. History doesn't give too much detail about that era, but the subsequent one was ruled mostly by dogma, the blind devotion to a set of laws and beliefs. Subservience to the gods became the true way of manipulating magic. In this era, the various churches still hold tremenduous power and faith is arguably the dominant way of thinking. However, some free thinkers are trying to recover the ancient way of using logic and experimentation to understand things, and if they cannot use it to understand the arcane, they will to understand nature itself.

A World that Fears Magic

http://pre14.deviantart.net/89df/th/pre/i/2013/130/f/a/cathedral_of_light_by_danielwachter-d64s5e4.jpg
One of the biggest cathedrals, sitting almost in the middle of nowhere. The church hold immense power, and resources.

Like mentioned just ago, faith is still prevalent even in a world that's starting to live an era that shares resemblance with Earth's renaissence.

The arcane exists, as well as those who practice those arts. However, they are rare, pretty much forbidden in more than half of civilized lands. In that world, the warriors still fight, the rogues still skulks in the shadows, the druids still live in reclusive places far away from civilization, nurturing their old faith and rangers still scout the wilderness. However, those who dwell in the arcane arts are viewed as obscurantists prone to disasters, suffering and multiple malaises. The one valid way to possess magic is by worshipping the gods and receive their favor. Paladins are the most noble and valiant warriors and gather immense prestige. Clerics are among the biggest authorities and Favored Souls are usually the only ones who people tolerate using arcane magics, since they do so by the wish of gods. It's only by humility and faith that one should possess the power to unleash magic in most civilized lands. Which includes the city of Blackwoods, capital of the eponymous Duchy, the place where the adventure starts.

Precisely, not every faith is well accepted. The most widerspread faith is that of the Ultimate Mother, the supreme goddess of light who created everything. There are more than one church worshiping the Ultimate Mother (or Ultima Mater) and they even occasionally clash violently between each other. Every other faith is considered "pagan" or even primordial, such as those practiced by druids. With that said, magic items are obviously scarce. They can still be found inside cities, by shops sanctioned by the local church selling legal items. One could also try their luck in the black market, with items of truly unknown power. And, of course, if you can't buy them, find them, deep down inside dangerous dungeons that wiser people would stay far away.

That said. Wizards, Arcane Tricksters and Eldritch Knights are seen with suspicion, but also, with blind hate and despise and be executed immediately. The regions vary on how they dislike arcanists. Sorcerers are viewed as cursed, unless they are Favored Souls, then they are seen as blessed. Warlocks are the ones normally viewed with most distrust, even those who follow the Undying Light. Blackwoods citizens in particular tolerate an arcanist visitor, as long as said visitor isn't causing trouble.

The is one organization in the world that welcomes basically everyone, as long as those people can hold their own...

The Crimson Cloaks

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6d/20/b1/6d20b1665af439fb681ff1f26771f09a.jpg
Two Crimson Cloaks fighting piranhafolks in the harbor city of Porto de Las Rocas

This organization is knew as Crimson Cloaks. They are headquarted at the geographically isolated harbor city of Porto de Las Rocas. A burstling city that spams three tiny islands and sits in the middle of ocean, miles away from the neares continent. They have various outposts aroung the globe, one of which is in the city of Blackwoods.

The 3 original players belong to this worldwide famous organization and are currently in Blackwoods. Doing whatever they were tasked to do. After the nightmarish incident in Theater Garamont, the three most proeminent Crimson Cloaks in the city were called by the High Priest, Father Banash, to investigate the theater itself.

And it's in that how we begin the campaign...

Dudu
2016-06-23, 10:33 PM
Chapter 1:
Investigation in the Garamont Theater

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/ff/99/03ff9915e03ff347ac650f6d652c67f9.jpg
City of Blackwoods with the Cathedral of Saint Julianus in evidence

You three answers Father Banash's call and head to the meeting point. One of the bridges that connet the city with the Theater Square, an island inside the city proper that holds a lot of residences, shops and most proeminently, the famous Theater Garamont, house of what is possibly the biggest spectacles in the known world.

The last one was no one other than the most prestigious composer of the current era, the brilliant Elanum Fraust. The biggest names in the city, including most businessman, famous artists, the mayor himself and even two of your colleagues from Crimson Cloaks attended it. However, in the night of the premiere of the most awaited symphony of the composer, a huge, agonizing scream could be heard everywhere in the city.

The rumours spread like lightning. The screams were uttered by those poor souls inside the theater attending the symphony, and now they are all dead. The High Priest doesn't seem to eager to buy merely rumours and decided to use the town guard to quarantine the area, while calling the outside aid of Crimson Cloaks to investigate the theater.

It's past midnight, and the moon is pearly white in the cloudless sky. The moonlight shines the Theater Garamont, you can already see it. Would be a beautiful sight, if the whole city wasn't already enveloped by a feeling of panic. The noice is that of the water in the river, running, and the scared people who waked after the screams, murmuring. The theater itself still emits it's on light coming from it's huge candle holders. From there, you can't hear a single sound.

When you arrive at meeting point, by the bridge, you are greeted by Father Banash

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ed/29/8d/ed298de191ce6a916ec86d7d9f9f4e13.jpg

"You three must be the ones I requested. I'm father Banash and we need you to investigate the theater itself. Proceed with care, it's obvious whatever happened inside is of supernatural origin, hence why I called only the finest Crimson Cloaks. The reward is fair, I believe. 1500 gold pieces to each one of you, plus citizenship in Blackwoods, no one will be able to arrest you for practicing arcane magic unless doing so breaks another law. And we will give acess to our library. Plus, depending on what you find inside, you can keep to yourself any item with magical properties as long as you first present them to me so we guarantee they don't represent a threat to society.

But first, I need to know a bit of each of you before I trust you into this dangerous mission. Eventhough your credentials are impressive, I want to know more about your skills. Briefly, of course, time is short."

Beschoren
2016-06-24, 01:10 PM
One of the members of the trio calls a bit of attention - because he really seems out of place, with challange way out of this league. Maybe he was just a bypasser, to drunk to notice the obviously supernatural menace?

A simple attered shirt and an ugly face. Is he suposed to be a hero?

http://www.imbrianarts.com/beer%20and%20d6s/halfling/files/BIGhalfling-side-2.png.png

But, indeed, a hero he was. Shoe the Shooter, or Shoe the Dealer, or most commongly, "That Bastard!". He was knee deep in gun smugling with several of his different identities, where he would use illusion and a silver tongue to force horrible deals and cheat on criminals trying to get their hands on gunpowder wepons. To the little people, he was an example to be followed.

"I'm Shoe" he says, tapping the two pistols on his waist. "I solve problems and do things. Tonight I think I'll be eyes and ears armed to the teeth. I'll find our way safely arround that building, leaving it full of information on how things are in there"

Chimaera
2016-06-26, 03:25 PM
It took a lot more to sit down and write my introduction post here.
Sorry.

The tall and blue scaled man pulls his hood off, revealing brown eyes filled with anger and yellowish horn.
"I'm Baast, the Heretic, as you people may call me. I'm a servant of Malygos, the god of magic", he says with pride and defiance, looking at the cleric of Ultima Mater with grudge, "I'm a mage warrior, channeling arcane, divine and draconic powers".

http://i.stack.imgur.com/qTnfe.jpg

He carries a sword that glows with unholy aura and carry a shield strapped to his back with a blue dragon pained on it.
He's clad in heavy armor resembling a dragonmail, but with adamantine scales and covering from head to toe and without a helm (probably due to his horned head) and with two fends for his draconic wings. A purple and golden cloak with hood try to cover his draconic heritage.

Andrezitos
2016-06-27, 05:13 PM
An young lad with short, pitch black, hair approach with his plumed hat on his hands. He bows forward as a proper noble blood that he is and wave his hand. "I am Salazar, Nine Degree Crismon Cloak (he made that degree stuff up), at your disposal". His flamboyant attire contrasts with bareness of the rest of "his" crew ones. "I am a gifted one, had always be, and I promise this accursed mystery will be solved".

http://www.renaissance-spell.com/Images/Renaissance-Clothing/Renaissance-Clothing-Surrey.jpg
Salazar on daily basis

I will attach my sheet latter.

Dudu
2016-06-27, 06:31 PM
"Good, good. Check the situation inside the theater. There are some individuals of importance there and we need you to investigate those more throughly. They are:"

http://www.internationalbeethovenproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Anne-Worbes-Beethoven-small.jpg

"Elanum Fraust, the reknowed composer."

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/066/1/8/andretti_kriegler_by_broken_orange-d4s0kjc.jpg

"Sir Beltz, the mayor of our town"

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2a/Vs-bardorba.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071124121911

"Our Duke, Lord Garamont"

"I sense a great evil inside that place, take those with you."

Each one receive 2 flasks of holy waters and 2 potions of greater healing (they cure for 4d4+4).

On top of that, you know two of your crimsom cloak colleagues went to the premier, they are:

http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderTales/PZO8500-Alaeron.jpg
Cody, the Bomber, reknowed alchemists and

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/_/rsrc/1452829556124/images/magus_comm_by_yamao-d5ooj32.jpg
Lady Leana, of thousand blades, finest Crimsom Cloak in Blackwoods

Those are the individuals of biggest interest.

Now finish your sheets as soon as possible and post them in the OOC. I only have Shoe right now.

Beschoren
2016-06-27, 08:31 PM
Shoe Takes some mental notes about the most important figures, trying to recall if he ever met any of them - in any of Shoe's disguises and identities. "Well you only mentioned investigation on them. You think they have biten the dust, right? What if we find survivors? is the priority further investigation or we should take them out?"

The halfling half expects the usual response - if they find someone economically important they are to be rescued, otherwise they would be on their own. Of course that Shoe will give priority to survivors regardless, but it would be good to know father Banash's game.

Madzera
2016-06-28, 12:16 PM
"If there are any survivors, I'll get them up and running in no time." A heavily armored dwarf steps towards the group, and gives a friendly nod. "Excuse my delay. My name is Khazar, a cleric from the Thunderstone clan."

The dwarf is dressed in adamantine plate, which on several spots has dwarvish runes carved into it. A dark blue cloak, that is draped over the shoulders covers some of them. Similar runes, as well as another strange emblem can be found on the shield he carries on his back. At times it seems as if the emblem glows with a faint light, but never when looking directly at it. On his belt hangs a warhammer, covered in runes as well, and Khazar's hand seems to never move too far away from it.

As he accepts the potions his face turns more serious and he looks in the direction of the theater. "I too feel there is some evil at play here."

Chimaera
2016-06-28, 03:22 PM
"If everyone is ready, let's make haste then. If you plan to save any survivors the faster we enter the greater their chances to see another day", Baast say and draw his sword and get ready to go.

Dudu
2016-06-29, 09:15 AM
He answers Shoe

"Yes, I believe they died. Now, let's talk between us. There was a tale, an old one, of a song of such perfect craft that would be able to take the lives of those who hear it. A symphony of the dead. A requiem, even though a twisted one. Of course, in this world of skepticism, people dismiss it as merely a tale. Except that everything happening right now matches what I found in my research regarding such tale. Which is another reason I need people who think outside the box with me..."

Father Banash is interrupted by a nice surprise. His trusted dwarven friend appeared in such time of need. It's good to befriend dwarves, the most reliable race.

"I'm certainly not saying no to your aid, master Thunderstone, in fact, I can offer you the same reward that I'm offering to the Crimsom Cloaks. I think you overheard our conversation. Good, then you understand the scope of my request."

He now looks back to the four.

"Allright, the dragonborn is correct. Time is short. You're all set. Take care. Necromancy might be at play here."

And so you leave to the Garamont Theater.

Walking towards there is uneventful. It almost seems it will be a milkrun. But as seasoned adventurers that you are, you know that silence is as a good sign of danger as everything else, so you keep your senses sharp. Not a sign of life, in one of the most burstling parts of the town.

Indeed, it doesn't take long to Shoe and Khazar to notice a corpse pending in a balcony of a house surrounding the theater. The way it dangles, it can only be a corpse. Perhaps was enjoying the music coming out of the theater.

And then the corpses start appearing. By the street, beggars, children and peddlers lie dead. Street dogs are still alive, though, smelling the corpses with curiosity. Birds are alive as well, and crows in particular look very interested in checking the dead bodies.

Until you meet one person. She is alive, looks like a beggar. She is in fetal position, murmuring inaudible things. Only a few meter from her, the theater itself. You never lost sight of it in your way walking towards there. This neighbourhood is a small island, a little mold, and the theater sits tall in it's center. The joy of the town. The main entrance is just ahead.

Chimaera
2016-06-29, 12:24 PM
The tall dragonborn walks toward the beggar woman and grasps his holy symbol of Malygos: a blue scale of the god itself. Roaring a prayer to the god of magic, he keens his senses to anything unusual.

Sense the presence of celestials, fiends and undead as well as places or objects that have been cnsecrated or desecrated within 60ft radius

"Are you ok, woman?", he says moving closer and kneeling in front of her. The tone doesnt seem amicable, but most people arent used to speaking with a towering dragon-like monster.

Beschoren
2016-06-29, 03:49 PM
Father Banash dosen't care about survivors, Shoes notes for himself He just assumed all died and thats it.
-------------
As Baast reaches for the woman, Shoe takes a closer look into one of the corpses. He checks if they are already cold, still or decomposing. He also tries to look for any sign of trauma (such as scraches from a sudden fall to the ground), bloodstains on ears, or bloodshot eyes. He does all of that also using his Mage Hand with the expertise of an expert.

He almost automatically takes away valuables while doing that, but restrains himself and holds back his natural reflexes.

Dudu
2016-06-29, 06:03 PM
When Baast questions the woman, all he can hear are murmurs. She seems struggling to talk and never manages to actually do it, limiting herself to some simple gruntings.

Could she be traumatized? No, the realization comes to Baast. She is deaf. She seems also desperate to communicate with you, but she is a simple deaf beggar, illiterate and unable to communicate properly.

Shoe starts reflecting on how dispassionate Father Banash looked with all the people inside. He doesn't care or expect anyone living, simply assuming everyone is dead. One would expect a bit more from a priest.

He does notice something interesting. It's a cold night, so everyone is chilling to the touch, but you can still sense the dim heat of the living in them. There are a few noticeable features on all those corpses. The bloodshot eyes being one of them, one of the indicatives they didn't die immediately, but struggled for a while. However, the biggest feature is their visage of terror, with their mouths wide open in panic.

Meanwhile, Baast start sensing around, looking for cues of evil presence. The theater itself emanates a strong aura of desecration. Despite the absolute silence, it seems there is evil presence still acting inside there.

While examining different corpses (and resisting the urge of looting them) Shoe notices there are broken windows by the side, with corpses just below it, perhaps in a last attempt to escape the place.

Beschoren
2016-06-29, 08:46 PM
"well it wasn't a painless passing" Shoe says as he gets up from the corpses "They struggled a bit, but there are no sigs of wounds or battle. Terrified as they were, they were not insane or trown into a violent maniacal slaughter. They were killed by fear, panic and terror"

Good thing is they haven't even entered the theather and they already found a survivor. Shoe suggests to guide the woman quickly to were Father Banash was, even if only to take her out of the middle of the corpses.

Madzera
2016-06-30, 10:42 AM
Could father Banash be right about the requiem? Khazar thinks to himself, looking at the corpses and the deaf woman. He starts to approach the woman, but then pauses as he realizes she might be easily overwhelmed after all that's happened here, and instead keeps his distance. "Baast, do you think she'll be able to walk?"

Instead, Khazar approaches one of the corpses laying beneath the broken windows. He murmurs an inaudible prayer, while passing his hand over the face in order to try to close the eyelids and close te mouth - a more peaceful appearance for the eternal rest. Surprised by the faint body heat he asks "How long has it been since the explosion?"

Chimaera
2016-06-30, 11:17 AM
Baast look at Khazar and ask him, "You dont have the ability to restore one from deafness, do you? If you have it, I suggest we bless this woman", he then try to speak with via gestures.

He point to everyone dead and look at her and make a confused look in his face, like if asking "What happened here?".

He pay attention to her and check if she is unharmed.
He eventually move to a corpse and cast a spell, bringing his soul back to speak with them.

"What happened here? What was the last thongs you saw? What was the last thong you heard?", Baast ask the corpse, holding in his last two questions depending on the answer.

Speak with Dead

Dudu
2016-06-30, 09:21 PM
The woman apparently stop trying to talk. When she sees Baast, Shoe and Khazar talking with each other and poiting to the rest of the city, she simply realizes there's hope left to wherever you're pointing, and starts running away from the theater.

You decide if you want to go after her or not, but if she keeps running, she will reach the guards and Father Banash.

Baast starts inquiring the corpse, the answer to his first 3 questions are:

What happened here?
A spectacle with proportion beyond our imagination

What was the last thongs you saw?
Panic and death

What was the last thong you heard?
The most beautiful song I've ever heard. The most horrible song I've ever head.

Madzera
2016-07-02, 07:11 PM
"Sadly I can only restore recent injuries. Even if I could, this women seems to have been born with deafness. Restoring her hearing doesn't mean she will be able to communicate with us.." He looks after her while she runs past them towards safety. He briefly closes his eyes as he murmurs a few words.

Turning towards Baast, who seems to be having a conversation with a dead body "What is the spirit saying? Perhaps you can inquire about the moment of death, at the start or the end of the music. Or perhaps this poor soul has seen one of the people that we're looking for."

With this spell, can only Baast communicate (see and hear) the spirit, or does it appear (and answer) to everyone?

Dudu
2016-07-03, 01:52 PM
The deaf woman is far from you right now. While the dwarf is worried about her condition, Baast stops his interrogation and proceeds to open the big, ornate door.

Even for a dragonborn, pushing that door requires some effort. You quickly realize why it was so hard to push. Some few corpses were barring the entrance.

In the mid of the horror, you four take a momment to realize how imponent the theater is. The circunstances, though, don't allow you to appreciate the theater appropriately. With a quick glance, you can't say whether there are anyone left. Corpses, corpses and corpses, all killed in the same fashion. The ones at the door were mostly guards and servants, some others were at the windoms, trying to escape whatever happened inside.

The path, so far, is clear, even if littered by corpses, those do not seem to be undead.

Now you have the option on how to explore the theater. You know that the theater area is an octagon. In the middle of it lies the area where the spectacles happen. The second floor contains, among other things, the mezzanine and the private cabins where the very wealthy could watch the shows.

Your mission is:
1. To find the three targets Father Banash asked, even if they didn't manage to survive
2. To find any remaining survivors
3. Investigate the possible source of all this

It's in this order or priority. You also have two colleagues who attended there, Cody, the bomber and Lady Leana, of thousand blades.

Chimaera
2016-07-03, 03:22 PM
Baast watch the dead piling on each other and growl something to himself, "I hardly believe anyone survived this event. Let's look at the private cabins: we'll probably find the mayor and the others there".

Dudu
2016-07-03, 03:54 PM
You all go to the second floor. The tragedy continues up there as you see more corpses in the corridors. You go cabin to cabin, looking for survivors as well as your targets.

The first you find is the mayor and his family, victims of the same fate as everyone else.

Surprisingly, Khazar's eagle eyes spot the composer, Elanun Fraust, far down with the rest of the orchestra. You can't say if he really was the one who killed everyone, but it's safe to say he is just a victim as everyone else.

Shoe finds the Duke's cabin. The are other nobles there, dead, but the Duke himself is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he took a trip to the bathroom.

Both Baast and Shoe find some gold in the pockets of the noble and wealthy. 400gp and 700gp respectively. Wether you keep the gold or you let the dead alone is up to you.

As far as you know, your colleagues were not in any cabin. You didn't find their corpses. Maybe they are down in the orchestra floor.

Counting the 5 people you were to find, 3 from Banash request and 2 of your own interest, you found only 2, the Mayor and the composer. For a survivor, you only found the deaf beggar woman outside the theater.

Madzera
2016-07-04, 05:44 AM
Khazar finishes murmuring a little prayer. "Let's head downstairs to the main floor. I've spotted Fraust, and I'd like to investigate him and the rest of the orchestra." - which sheet music did they read their music from and is there anything special about the instruments?
"Perhaps your Crimson Cloak colleagues are also to be found there."

Beschoren
2016-07-04, 07:19 AM
Shoe follows Khazar to the floor, 700gp richer than before he got there. he's pretty edgy, thinking that a ghost in the opera will pop out at any moment.

"The composer could't possibly do all of this by accident.." Shoe says as he walk arround the corpses trying not to step on them "....Something must have made use of his performance to put up this show... maybe a......hummm... ugh, we need more evidence. gotta keep searching"

Every now and then he look all the way up to the roof, hoping not to see a very angry banhsee floating overhead "By the way, the duke was not in his cabin. maybe he went to see a comcubine while everyone was busy with the show?

(OOC: I move cautiously at half speed, paying close attention to the surroudings)

Dudu
2016-07-05, 06:12 PM
I'll assume all the 4 went downstairs.

Once there, Khazar gets very close to Elanum Fraust. Yep, pretty dead. The sheet of music looks almost too standard. Unless Khazar is familiar with musical scores, he can't really decypher anything.
It's when he notices something rather curious about the composer corpse. He is wearing glasses of a interesting greenish color. At first it simply sounded stylish, but you guys heard about Elanun Fraust and it's the first time he wears this glasses.

Shoe is still worried about all those corpses, not convinced they are merely dead. Salazar had the impression one of the corpses moved, it seemed the deceased was looking into a direction, but after a while it changed. Still too much corpses to tell for sure.

The halfling finds the corpse of a Crimsom Cloak, yes, the bomber guy. He was a nice guy, if only too silent at times. The prime of your Crimsom Cloak division, the Thousand Blades, is nowhere to be seen.

It's after that arduous search that Shoe does notice something disturbing. Salazaar hunch was right, you saw a hand moving, those corpses are dead, but they look like reanimating!

Chimaera
2016-07-05, 07:06 PM
Baast pocket the money he find, "THis donation will find good use", he tell the dead noble.
Of course, he will donate this to an arcane institution, but since magic is outlawed, he'll have to keep it till he manages to get permission to found one himself.

He goes downstairs and watch the small guys doing their job and wonder how he ended being almost a babysitter for a dwarf and a halfling. But he stop wondering once SHoe point out the hand moving.

Grasping his sword he keen his divine sense, looking for the source of evil he felt before.

Looking for undead, fiends, celestials or powerful evil or good auras

Beschoren
2016-07-06, 12:43 PM
Shoe screams in a most genuine panic "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! THEY`RE MOVING!!!!" , while trying to get to higher ground, just next to Khazar and the fallen composer. He mutters several insults and curses quite audiable as he dashes arround the un-dead audience, his eyes wide open and jaw seem stuck with a nervous grim

Thing is, undead creatures scare the **** out of Shoe. A reasonably well-grounded fear he has still to master, but that has already been improving at large strides. Perhaps several rounds of gunfire can really calm him down again.

He draws his guns, while surveying the theater for anything he could use to his advantage: escape routs, climbing points, cover, bottlenecks...

Madzera
2016-07-06, 01:18 PM
Khazar is more startled by Shoe's screams than the fact these bodies might come to life soon. He hastily grabs the glasses from Frausts head, as well as the music sheets, and shoves them in his pouch. He'll look at them later, if this whole theater is about to come to life again he has more pressing problems.

"Shoe calm down! Get up here." Khazar offers his hand to Shoe to get up on the podium. While he does so, he lets divine energy (Guidance) course through him towards Shoe. Let's hope you won't need this. He hauls the shield from his back and looks expectingly at Baast.

Divination cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: Touch

Components: V, S

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.

Dudu
2016-07-06, 05:15 PM
The pint sized mercenary goes full panic mode with the moving dead. Undeads, his most feared enemy. Undeads sure could take advantage of that were not for two things. First, they are mostly mindless so they are unable to take advantage of things. Second, Shoe likes to deal with his fears by shooting them.

Baast doesn't look at the corpses, rather, he starts sensing the aura around. Yes, it's flowing, it's a quite colossal aura of evil that he could sense even when he was outside the theater.

And it seems to be hailing from the huge candelabrum. Not only that, but this aura spreads like dark tentacles, touching and possessing the corpses. This can't be good.

Salazar is picking his nose or whatever.

Khazar realized now was the time to be quick and efficient. Shoe might be terrified, but Thunderstone, a seasoned cleric, isn't. In fact, it's usually the other way around, the undead run away from Khazar. He picks the composer glasses and stash it in his pocket. He picks the music scores, but something holds

"Now now, where are your manners... Those sheets don't belong to you."

Says a otherworldly voice. His dead hands holding the sheets as you try to store it in your pack. Elanum Fraust seems as atached to his music in death as he was in life.

Nevertheless, you want it more and take almost all of the sheets, with only a few tattered papers remaining on the undead composer's hand.

And now it's time for...
Shoe [roll0]
Baast [roll1]
Khazar [roll2]
Salazar [roll3]

Dudu
2016-07-09, 01:25 AM
The battle doc is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wyXfTLKlpwcOocGnWDxYZPpGPx-K4eh2orX1T-TwgGg/edit#gid=981651597). It's first time I'm doing that method, so if any of you already know how to do it, teach me master

Salazar is nowhere to be seen, ran away as quickly as the sudden motion of the corpses coulbe be perceived.

The rest of you are pretty much surrounded by waking corpses.

Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Elanum Fraust
Baast
Waking Corpses

Few things to remind. Despite the "delay turn" not happening in 5.0, I'm using this interchangeable rule. So, in this case, Shoe and Khazar can act in whichever order they seem fit. The reason is that it allows faster posting and also opens up tactical choices.

You're supposed to edit the sheet with your movements. I'm not sure whether or now you can do that now, not sure how those google docs work.
There's also a combat sheet that you're supposed to edit with your basic combat statistics. In the "defenses section", you have AC, Str, Dex... etc etc. The Str and Dex here are not your base stat, but your save+12, the "save AC" mechanic we are using in this campaign.

Despite having an "enemies" section, not all, if any, enemies will be there, with their stats in secret (some divinations and knowledge checks might change it, though).
Let me know if everything is working properlyl.

Madzera
2016-07-09, 07:22 AM
"Fraust, are you doing this!?" Khazar shouts as he sees corpses starting to move everywhere in the room. He grabs his hammer and shield and moves around Fraust to the edge of podium.

Khazar raises his shield, "Ariah, I ask your for your blessing in this time of need!", the holy emblem flashes with light, and the runes adorning the shield start to glow with a blueish hue.

Moved from V16 to T16, around Fraust (20ft), just in range for Bless to hit both Shoe and Baast.
1st-level enchantment

Range: 30 feet

Components: V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

Beschoren
2016-07-09, 04:31 PM
"YAAAAAAY!!!" screams Shoe, without calming down. his pistols explode in fire and smoke **BANG-BANG!!** towards the nearby corpses.

"AAAAHH, walking corpses!!"
Would Shoe`s lead capsules calm him down a little?

I`ll use sharpshooter feat, giving -5 to attack and +10 to damage
bonus action to fire off-hand pistol (dual wield)
I don`t have advantage here, so no sneak attack

attack vs C1 at L-13: [roll0], +[roll1], damage [roll2]
attack vs C1 at L-13 (or O-12 if L-13 dies): [roll3]+[roll4], damage [roll5]

Moves to Q-16 (already in changed doc)

Dudu
2016-07-09, 05:06 PM
Khazar promptly cast a blessing over his allies. Might be enough to turn the odds in your favor.

Shoe panics. But just a little. Just enough to draw his trusty pistol and fire at the closest waking corpses.

Bang Bang

Two shots. Two down. One of the shots almost missed, were not for the dwarf timely blessing.
Almost too easy, it seems it really is only a matter of time before you get rid of all those corpses.

"Oh, but aren't you a little hasty?"

Says the corpse right behind the cleric, who once was Elanum Fraust.

"You lost the biggest spectacle ever made! Please, join those fortunate souls in the audience!"

Khazar couldn't see it, as well as Shoe who was too busy putting the corpses in their natural state, but Baast could see it clearly. A violin lifts from one of the musician corpses and land on the composer shoulder, who starts playing it immediately.

The music is gorgeous, but in a suffocating way. It floods the place with the sound of the violin alone, but some of the corpses who just wakened were musicians, so they join the small symphony.

"Oh, rise, rise fellows. We can't bring the symphony to it's full glory unless all the instruments are present!"

More corpses rise. Shoe put 2 down, but nearly ten more corpses rise.
And the song...

Even though it's not in it's full power, it fills your souls with awe. It's building slowly, it might get much worse.

The song is targeting your will

Shoe [roll0] - [roll1] vs DC13
Baast [roll2] - [roll3] vs DC19
Khaazar [roll4] - [roll5] vs DC20

Those who fail will have their movement cut to half.

Chimaera
2016-07-09, 09:57 PM
Baast looks up to the chandelier and to the former composer.
"I sensed powerful evil magic in that chandelier. I may be waht is reanimating these things", and saying he let out a powerful roar, as his magic try to destroy it, shattering the crystals and its ornate chain.

On the chandelier.
Thunder damage: [roll0] attack vs Fort: [roll1]

Not sure where the chandelier is or how high it is, but if I can target it along with another enemy it would be good.

Baast grips his sword and move closer to Shoe, to make sure the halfling doesnt panic more when the dead come his way.

Dudu
2016-07-09, 11:53 PM
Shoe's shots seemed to amuse the walking corpses. Baast's spell, though, did not.

When Baast casted Shatter on the candelabrum, the composer as well as every corpse attacking you showed signs of concern.

But now it's their turn.

One corpse asks

"Where are you aiming..."

the other completes

"...dragonborn?"

Another one right behind Baast

"We are right here."
And attacks with it's cane to Baast's back.

"Not up there."
Another tries it's luck with the dragonborn

"But we are thankful..."
Says the woman trying to hit with her fan at the halfling

"...that you are sparing us."
A fat noble punches Shoe

"Don't be scared"
Another one said behind everyone else

"You're about to join us"
The voice, the same unnatural voice comes from yet another corpse, making this conversation as confusing as it is horrifying.

Then suddenly, every corpse that is wakened say, in unison
"For we are many, but also just one, and our mind is clever thanks to that. We are..."

"The Pupeteer"
The last one to say that was the corpse of the composer, high in the platform, behind the cleric.

Nevertheless, those corpses are very clumsy, only the sheer weight of their number really pose a threat to you.

Two corpses attack Shoe for
[roll0] [roll1] slash
[roll2] [roll3] blunt

While three attack Baast
[roll4] [roll5] blunt
[roll6] [roll7] blunt
[roll8] [roll9] blunt

Madzera
2016-07-10, 06:37 AM
Khazar looks at the different corpses speaking as one, and at the chandelier Baast was mentioning. He decides to follow Baast's example and attack the source of all of this - he hopes.
He murmurs a quick prayer, the symbol hanging on a chain around his neck seems to slowly lift up into the air as a static charge builds up around him, and he shouts at the chandelier: "BREAK!"

Khazar casts Shatter (3rd level spell slot) with Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath at the chandelier.
Spell attack (vs. CON):[roll0]. Thunder damage: 32 (max roll 4d8 due to Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath) or half on save.
Double damage on this object: 64 thunder damage (or 32 on save).

Do objects even have an AC?
2nd-level evocation

Range: 60 feet

Components: V, S, M (a chip of mica)

Duration: Instantaneous

A sudden loud ringing noise, painfully intense, erupts from a point of your choice within range. Each creature in a 10-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Constitution saving throw. A creature takes 3d8 thunder damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature made of inorganic material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on this saving throw.

A nonmagical object that isn’t being worn or carried also takes the damage if it’s in the spell’s area.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.

Beschoren
2016-07-10, 11:40 AM
Shoe is clueless about the sudden acts of vandalism from his companions, but decides that shooting zombies in the face would help. at any rate, he tries not to be just under the chandelier

You`re not sure it is just panic or pure skill, but shoe reloads both guns with impossible speed and precision. He also shoots them with reckelessness (or cold-blooded precision), both bullets speeding just at the side of Khazar's head and towards Fraust.

He stops screming, but still looks scared like a little girl

using sharpshooter for -5 attack, +10 damage. ignores cover,
using gunfire(crossow) expert: ignores loading, ignores disvantage on shooting at melle
bonus action for dual wield
sneak attack qualifies as Fraust in in melle with Khazar
Attack VS Fraust:[roll0]+[roll1], damage [roll2]+[roll3]
Attack VS Fraust:[roll4]+[roll5], damage [roll6]+[roll7]

Dudu
2016-07-10, 08:07 PM
Baast shatter did scare a little. But Khazar spell wasn't meant to scare.

The beautiful yet macabre symphony is interrupted by a brutal blast of noise that completely smashes the huge, imposing candelabrum.
The structure falls, huge pieces in the floor, crushing some of the waking corpses when doing so.

The song stops.

"So... you really destroyed the candelabrum..."

The composer seems pissed, very pissed. Ordering his musicians.

"Change to the song of transfiguration, now!"

"You don't need to order us around, we share the same mind."

"Yeah, smartass, forgive me if I got confused in the chaos!"

yet the voice comes from another musician.

"We don't need to forgive you. We are... the same... mind."

"AAaaargh, I'll drive myself insane!"

He is still behind Khazar, and uses the violin bow as a sword. It doesn't seem he treats the bow as a improvised weapon, though.

"Die cleric! Your gods can't save you now!"

His bow are the least of your concerns, however.

The composer ignore both of Shoe's shots, even with Khazar blessing, they weren't able to meet Elanum's decomposing flesh. It seems it's harder to hit him than the remaining corpses.

One thing for sure, the corpses that remained dead were not awakened, it seems the candelabrum effect stopped working. But still, it's a ****ton of corpses. The problem is, the music shifted, you don't feel too much disconfort anymore, but the corpses as well as the furniture are floating and twisting, creating some monstruosities.

The one formed with the junction of a few corpses as well as some chairs. Both corpses and furniture twisted so much they only resemble vaguely whatever they once was. The corpses get most of their bones exposed and the furniture got smashed in the process, the wood being reduced to a thousand splinters. The figure created with that move has some vague humanoid shape, with arms comprised of whips. Those whips, in turn, being made of numerous pointy bones and splinters.

Turn 2 Init
Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Elanum Fraust
Baast
Waking Corpses
Whip Monstrosity

atk [roll0] [roll1]
atk [roll2] [roll3]

Chimaera
2016-07-11, 04:44 PM
"It's getting crowded here, child", baast tell Shoe and run to the stage, jumping on it to face the composer, "Time to face your fate".

He look at the dead composer and mark him as his prey and bring his sword in two quick slashes glowing with divine power.

Hunter's Mark on Fraust, move and jump to the stage then slash him twice.

1st attack: [roll0] dmg [roll1] plus [roll2] from the Mark.
2nd attack: [roll3] dmg [roll4] plus [roll5] from the Mark.

If any attack hit, he'll use Smite for an extra [roll6] radiant damage.

Dudu
2016-07-11, 05:20 PM
Baast decided staying in the floor was a bit suicidal and jumped to the stage to smack the toughest corpse around, Elanum Fraust himself. And he indeed delivered the damage.

"Hey, HEY! Angry gecko, get out of the stage, now. This is a musician only place. Whip thing, take those two gentlement out of here."

"Again, no need to order me around, since we..."

"...I get it, I get it. We share the same mind."

The corpses start ganging around Shoe.

Some few of the surviving corpses starting getting close (they were awakened, but out of the map). The good news is that it doesn't seem to be any new corpse awakening.

The corpses surrounding Shoe try their best to bring the halfling down. Again, they try to strike with wathever they have at hands, be it a fan, a cane, an umbrella or even their nails and tee

The Whip Monstruosity launchs it's spiky whips, each targeting a different enemy. Khazar and Baast.

At Shoe, each attack going for

[roll0] [roll1] slash
[roll2] [roll3] slash
[roll4] [roll5] blunt
[roll6] [roll7] blunt
[roll8] [roll9] blunt
[roll10] [roll11] blunt
[roll12] [roll13] blunt

The Whip Monstruosity Attacks Khazar and Baast simultaneously.

at Khazar [roll14] [roll15]
at Baast [roll16] [roll17]

If it hits, you are pulled 10ft to it's direction

Beschoren
2016-07-11, 07:37 PM
"surrounded by undead monsters" is not on Shoe`s most favorite spots. It is indeed one of the most nightmarish things he can nightmare about. If these createatures were not so slow and imbecile, he would have left a while ago. at any point, runing away is on top of his priorities list.

"BADBADBAD, NONONONO!!! XOOO!! XOOOOOO!!! YAAAAAY!!!!"

Shoe is quick to run away get get into the stage. He is also quick and discrete to reload his gun, so that you only noticed it after he has already fired at the composer's ribs.

bonus action: use rougue's cunning action to disengage, generating no AoOs for movement this turn
move: to T-17. Due to Atheletics feat, climbing does not halve speed. Climb [roll0]
action: Attack VS Fraust:[roll1]+[roll2], damage [roll3]+[roll4]. Sneak attack qualifies due to allies in melle.
no disvantage on shooting due to gunfire expert feat. ignores loading propriety of guns.

Madzera
2016-07-12, 04:55 AM
A bony whip lashes out at Khazar, but he just in time manages to fend of the blow with his shield. As he sees Baast getting grabbed, and Shoe panicking, he decides to at least clear some breathing space: "Foul creatures, begone!" His shield shines with holy radiance, fending off the undead.

Turn Undead: each undead within 30 ft. makes WIS save. If CR is 1 or lower, undead is destroyed, otherwise is turned* for 1 min. or until takes damage.
*Turned: runs away from me, can't willingly get within 30 ft. of me, can't take reactions, has to use dash, otherwise dodge.
Use 2nd Channel Divinity: Turn undead. Using spell attack vs WIS.
(location) (target) (attack)
(O18) C2 attack: [roll0]
(P15) C2 attack: [roll1]
(P16) C1 attack: [roll2]
(P17) C1 attack: [roll3]
(P18) C1 attack: [roll4]
(Q15) C1 attack: [roll5]
(Q17) C2 attack: [roll6]
(Q20) C2 attack: [roll7]
(R12-S13) Whip monstrosity attack: [roll8]
(R15) C2 attack: [roll9]
(R17) C1 attack: [roll10]
(R19) C1 attack: [roll11]
(U16) Elanun Fraust attack: [roll12]
(Y12) C1 attack: [roll13]
(Y13) C1 attack: [roll14]
(Y21) C1 attack: [roll15]
(Y23) C2 attack: [roll16]
(Z9) C2 attack: [roll17]
(Z20) C1 attack: [roll18]

IF Fraust runs away, I want to do an attack of opportunity on him.
Attack: [roll19] for [roll20] blunt damage.

Madzera
2016-07-12, 05:00 AM
Oh, I forgot, IF the weapon hits Fraust, add [roll0] thunder damage. That is, if he runs away in the first place.

Can I safely edit previous posts without screwing up the rolls already made?

Dudu
2016-07-12, 01:08 PM
Khazar brandishes his holy symbol, and for once, it's a holy aura that permeates the place, getting rid of almost every waking corpse with a sweeping movement. Their corpses burn with divine energy, forbiding the one who calls himself Pupeteer to control them anymore.
The Whipe Monstruosity, so scaring and menacing is running away from the dwarf right now. Only a few of the awakened corpses seems to have resisted the undead turning, among them, the composer.

Elanum Fraust is still watching it, shocked, when a scared, but still dangerous, Shoe jumps at the stage and shoot his face.

You can see the composer eye as well as some of his brains flying. It seems you won that one.

But Elanum isn't done yet.

His head still tilting upwards from Shoe's shot
"I see, you are strong. Forgive me for playing with you."

Another one completes the talking
"But now, we will have to destroy you."

A third one finishes
"With wathever force left we have."

The composer itself vanishes from sight. But Baast and Khazar know it was a greater invisibility spell.

He isn't your biggest problem, though.

Something is building itself in the middle of the room.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/castlevania/images/f/f5/Granfalloon2-1-.gif/revision/latest?cb=20101128235621

It builds itself in the same fashion the Whip Monstruosity did, but on a much more serious scale. In fact, the fleeing Whip Monstruosity was sucked in this messy ball of corpses and furniture.

Turn 3 Init
Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Elanum Fraust
Baast
Small Legion

Dudu
2016-07-14, 08:39 PM
Baast decides to give himself a buff and casts Haste.

Yes, the Legion! Khazar knows something or two about it. As you saw with your own eyes, the Legion is a creature that builds with living matter as well as a bit of non-living matter. But about 70% or 80% of it is made of those awakened corpses. Merely dead corpses will be as useful as non-living matter.

It has a core, a reddish eye that shoots beams of death and sports a lot of tentacles, the number and size of those depend on the overall size of the Legion, but the dwarf read a book that said it can go as much as 60. It's also immune to psychic and vulnerable to radiant. That's as far as Khazar knows.

Shoe notices something weird happening. You all noticed that the Legion absorbed one more thing before unleashing the tentacles, but the halfling is almost sure. This "thing" is actually the composer trying to hide himself inside the mess of glued corpses.

Meanwhile, the Legion lets not two nor sixty, but six tentacles. They are all similar to the ones used by the Whip Monstruosity but are slightly larger.

Those tentacles immediately try to pull you out of the platform. At least that's what it seems at first.
Instead of merely flaying you, the tentacles are actually trying to envelop you and hold you in their spiny grasp.

Each of you gets attacked by two tentacles. The tentacles aren't trying to pull you, but grapple. So, if you get hit with it you'll be subjected to an atk to your Str Def (let's call that way the 12+Str save bonus that counts as your AC for saves). If you fail, you'll be grappled. If you succeed you won't be pulled 10ft, nothing happens, just the damage (it's piercing damage, btw).

Those who failed can still use their actions though, as per PHB

• A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can't
benefit from any bonus to its speed.
• The condition ends if the grappler is incapacitated
(see the condition).
• The condition also ends if an effect removes the
grappled creature from the reach of the grappler or
grappling effect, such as when a creature is hurled
away by the thunderwave spell.

The tentacle hurts though. So, at the every turn you take and additional 1d8+6 damage (the 1d8 extra at the first attack is thanks to the impact of the tentacle), while you are grappled, you can use an action to repeat the save. You roll the same Str Off they used (so, a d20+6) and if it passes your Str Def, you keep being grappled. If not, you broke free.

vs Shoe
atk [roll0] dmg[roll1] str off[roll2]
atk [roll3] dmg[roll4] str off[roll5]

vs Baast
atk [roll6] dmg[roll7] str off[roll8]
atk [roll9] dmg[roll10] str off[roll11]

vs Khazar
atk [roll12] dmg[roll13] str off[roll14]
atk [roll15] dmg[roll16] str off[roll17]

UPDATED: Forgot that Bless is giving a 1d4 penalty to every Off. That means that, despite being hit by a tentacle, Shoe wasn't grappled by it.

Init:
Turn 3 Init
Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Small Legion
Elanum Fraust
Baast

Beschoren
2016-07-15, 10:33 PM
Shoe gets severely bruised by the mass of corpses maniacal tentacles, but manges to avoid being tucked to right inside of it.

He focus instead on reloading his guns and shoting to where he think he saw Fraust. By some reason, the mass of corpses doset seem as scary to Shoe as the horde of zombies.

But he still looks like he just seen a ghost

-5 attack, +10 dmg
Attack VS Legion :[roll0]+[roll1], damage [roll2]
Attack VS Legion :[roll3]+[roll4], damage [roll5]

Madzera
2016-07-16, 01:50 AM
Khazar is able to fend off one of the tentacles, but not the second one, and he receive a nasty hit. Luckily he manages to not get grabbed by it, and his experience in battle allowed him to maintain his concentration.

"Foul creature!" He retaliates by throwing his rune engraved warhammer at the abomination. While it is in the air, he conjures a spiritual version of his hammer to hit the Legion as well, having two hammers strike simultaneously!

Ranged attack with Dwarven Thrower, with extra thunder damage on hit.
Attack:[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Bonus action: cast 4th level Spiritual Weapon and attack with it.
Attack:[roll2] for [roll3] force damage.
2nd-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 bonus action

Range: 60 feet

Duration: 1 minute

You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it. The weapon can take whatever form you choose. Clerics of deities who are associated with a particular weapon (as St. Cuthbert is known for his mace and Thor for his hammer) make this spell’s effect resemble that weapon.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for every two slot levels above the 2nd.

Dudu
2016-07-16, 07:08 PM
Shoe unloads two shots at the aberration, one of them don't hit full and instead do little damage*. The other goes full and you can see a few corpses falling.

Khazar isn't less merciless and throw his brutal hammer right into it's ugly face. Meanwhile, another hammer, this one made of force, hits the Legion and the total of the two hammers make even more corpses to fall from the aglomerate mess that is the monster.

During this barrage of attacks, you can see that the sphere of corpses opens a little and you hear some mutterings, after that, a spell is cast.
Right in the middle of you, a blasting sphere of maddening sound emerges in an attempt to drive you crazy.

Baast knows this spell, it's Confusion.

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 3, Madness 4, Sor/Wiz 4, Trickery 4
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: All creatures in a 15-ft. radius burst
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell causes the targets to become confused, making them unable to independently determine what they will do.
Roll on the following table at the beginning of each subject’s turn each round to see what the subject does in that round.
d% Behavior
01–10 Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attack is not possible).
11–20 Act normally.
21–50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.
51–70 Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
71–100 Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self).
A confused character who can’t carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. Note that a confused character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).
Arcane Material Component: A set of three nut shells.

Right after that, you see that the core of the legion, a red eye, suddenly grows brighter and brighter, ending with a red beam that clumsy tries to hit all of you.

*This is a new feature I'm testing. Big, bulky monsters that you hit almost every time you strike at it. What that means is that the if you don't pass it's AC your damage is only cut to half, unless you crit fail (1 on a d20) in which case you misses. Those kind of foes usually have a big ammount of HP to make up for it.

Confusion vs Will Def minus 1d4 from the Bless
vs Shoe [roll0] -[roll1]
vs Baast [roll2] -[roll3]
vs Khazar [roll4] -[roll5]

The Red beam by the Legion is clumsy and does all the attacks in disadvantage. It also targets your Dexdef, if you pass, you take 0 damage.
vs Shoe ([roll6] or [roll7]) -[roll8]
vs Baast ([roll9] or [roll10]) -[roll11]
vs Khazar ([roll12] or [roll13]) -[roll14]

Init:
Turn 3 Init
Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Small Legion
Elanum Fraust
Baast

Chimaera
2016-07-18, 10:37 PM
Baast takes the death blast full force in his face, spittong some blood as he look at the abomination of corpses.

Not even thinking twice, Baast run toward the mass and strike it twice.

Moving to get on melee with the Lesser Legion and make two attacks.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]

He then shout at the monster in Celestial, "Murderer!

attack vs. Fort [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Beschoren
2016-07-20, 11:35 AM
Shoe`s terrified face is substituted by that of a drug abuser. He keeps looking arround and making some strange noises with his voice. the blast form the creature gives a hint of focus on the halfling, telling him a direction to shoot at

"what it... aahh... AAAAHHH!!! humm... mamma?... bblibliblu-dãdã..."
*DEATH RAY WOOOSHHH*
"YACKS!! bang! bang!"
*BANG BANG!*

Attack VS legion :[roll0]+[roll1], damage [roll2]
Attack VS legion :[roll3]+[roll4], damage [roll5]

Madzera
2016-07-20, 02:57 PM
Khazar's willpower is strong enough to resist the maddening sounds, and an easy sidestep was enough to avoid the red beam. It's like this thing wasn't even trying. He noticed Shoe looking around him strangely, but he's been panicking since this all started, and he's still shooting at the Legion. It's probably fine Khazar thinks, and he continues battering the Legion with his hammers.

Dwarven thrower ranged attack: [roll0]+[roll1] for [roll2] blunt/thunder damage.
Spritual Weapon bonus action attack: [roll3]+[roll4] for [roll5] force damage.

Dudu
2016-07-20, 09:38 PM
Despite all the strikes the Legion had to endure, it still looks pretty fine, floating menacingly in the middle of the theater.

You notice more clearly now, after a few corpses fell off. Inside Legion, lies Elanum Fraust, and the sphere opens a little to allow the composer inside to see you.

In fact, it does exactly that now. So, whoever is fast enough will be able to strike the composer himself before the Legion closes.

Shoe [roll0]
Baast [roll1]
Khazar [roll2]

From inside the Legion you can hear a voice, cursing you and dooming your sight, but it doesn't seem to target the halfling.

Baast [roll3] - [roll4]
Khazar [roll5] - [roll6]

Dudu
2016-07-20, 09:42 PM
The Legion, apparently under the composer orders, ignores the Halfling and proceed to try to grab the other two.

vs Baast
atk dmg [roll1] str off [roll](1d20+6)
atk dmg [roll3] str off [roll](1d20+6)
atk dmg [roll5] str off [roll](1d20+6)

vs Khazar
atk dmg [roll7] str off [roll](1d20+6)
atk dmg [roll9] str off [roll](1d20+6)
atk dmg [roll11] str off [roll](1d20+6)

Init:
Turn 4 Init
Init Order:
Khazar
Shoe
Small Legion
Elanum Fraust
Baast

Madzera
2016-07-22, 03:18 AM
It took a lot of endurance to power through the curse Fraust was casting, however, it did open Fraust's defences. And with a quick action Khazar guided it's spiritual weapon to aim for Fraust himself.

Spiritual weapon attack: [roll0]+[roll1] for [roll2] force damage.

This small distraction though, caused Khazar to slightly drop his guard, and before he realized, three menacing tentacles hit him hard. The tentacles tried to grab him, and Khazar resisted by bashing one away with his shield and hitting another with his hammer. But he couldn't prevent the third one from grabbing one of his legs and pulling him towards the Legion.

"AAARGH!!" he shouted as the pieces of bone in the tentacle pierced him and dragged him off the podium.

Damage from tentacle grab: [roll3] piercing damage.
Damage from falling off the podium: [roll4].

Somehow, through all of these hits, he still managed to keep his concentration. And now on the same level as Baast and the Legion, Khazar tries to free himself from the painful tentacle.

Trying to break free from the grapple.
Tentacle's STR attack: [roll5]-[roll6] against my STR AC 16.

Beschoren
2016-07-22, 03:50 PM
"huumm.... haaaa.... AAHHH!!.... patata... patati..."

Shoe is out of it. He makes all kinds of strange faces and simply spins arround in placce for a while, obviously worried but clearly unable to do anything about it.

one moment before the Legion lashes out again, shoe seems to snap back "Hey tha th- AAAHHH!! UNDEAD!!"

(no actions de to confusion)

Chimaera
2016-07-22, 04:50 PM
Seeing lots of tentacles trying to grab him, Baast whisper a incantation and create a force shield to protect him from all menacing tentacles.

Baast watch the composer appear and is slow to act, so he decide to deliver punishment to the mass of tentacles.

Reaction: Shield to block all attacks.

1st sword [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd sword [roll2] dmg [roll3]
haste [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Dudu
2016-07-23, 08:58 PM
You keep flaying the grotesque creature, with it's body sinfully assembled using corpses of the innocent. But then again, so does the Legion, flaying you with it's spiky tentacles.

Khazar is grappled while his Force Hammer somewhat manages to miss the huge creature ahead. But the dwarf does justice to his race and proves to be too tough to be held.

Speaking of toughness, this time the toughness of the mind, Shoe scoffs the confusion and is lucid again.

The tentacles were ready to flay the draconic Baast, but with a snap of his scaly fingers a shield protects him from all the bony attacks. And the dragon returns the punishment intended to him in style, with three sure slashes of his sword.

The legion starts to show crackles all around it's body. Looks a bit weaker somehow.

Everyone can see Elanum Fraust, encapsulated inside the Legion's body.
He has 3/4 of cover, though.

That same Elanun casts a spell that causes a loud explosion hitting both Baast and Khazar.

And the Legion glows with an intense heat and seems to be charging something. While doing so, the heat reaches both cleric and arcane paladin.

Whatever the Legion is charging, it almost seems it could destroy the whole place.

Shater vs Con
Khazar [roll0] [roll1] thunder damage
Baast [roll2] [roll3] thunder damage

Heat from Charging
Khazar [roll4] [roll5] fire damage
Baast [roll6] [roll7] fire damage

Madzera
2016-07-25, 06:14 PM
Khazar gets hit by the loud explosion, and although he can resist the majority of the impact, still takes quite a hit. Then it also starts to become really really hot all of a sudden. Khazar decides to take a step away from the heat. He can now clearly see the composer hiding behind the mash of corpses and furniture.

Khazar shouts to Shoe "Hit the composer on my mark!" He lets his Spiritual hammer bash away some of the corpses in front of Fraust, and launches a magical flash of light at the composer, (hopefully) making him a very visible target. "NOW!"

Move a bit away from the Legion's flaming aura.

Bonus attack with Spiritual Weapon on Legion: [roll0]+[roll1] for [roll2] force damage. Hopefully bashing a hole in Fraust's cover.

Cast 1st level Guiding Bolt, ranged spell attack on Fraust: [roll3]+[roll4] for [roll5] radiant damage (double?)
1st-level evocation

Range: 120 feet

Duration: 1 round

A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Chimaera
2016-07-26, 12:33 PM
Intended not to let the legion unleash whatever he is charging, Baast keep striking the beast with arcane celerity.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]
Haste [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Beschoren
2016-07-26, 01:28 PM
Steping out fo the confusion effect, Shoe sees is allies attacking both the Legion itself and the composer.

To shoot or not to shoot? there lies the question. What is more effective to stop the diabolical harnessing of fire? to fill the composer with bullets, or to crack down the shell that enpowers it?

IF the guiding light effect hits, giving Shoe advante on the attack, Shoe will attack Fraust using sharpshooter -5 on attack/+10 on damage. ignores cover. SA applies since Baast is in melle.

Attack VS Fraust:[roll0] OR [roll1]+[roll2], damage [roll3]+[roll4]
Attack VS Fraust:[roll5] OR [roll6] +[roll7], damage [roll8]+[roll9]
------------------
IF the guiding light misses, shoe will instead target the legion using sharpshooter -5 on attack/+10 on damage. SA applies since Baast is in melle.

Attack VS Legion:[roll10]+[roll11], damage [roll12]+[roll13]
Attack VS Legion:[roll14]+[roll15], damage [roll16]+[roll17]

*BANG! BANG* - Of course there would be shooting - "aaaahhh!! keep it at bay, keep it at bay!!! yacks, undead! aaaahhh!!"

Dudu
2016-07-26, 03:42 PM
As the sphere was heating, Khazar decided to focus on the composer, but his Guiding Light misses. Nevertheless, the Spiritual Hammer keeps mauling the Legion.

Baast valiantly ignores the possibility of being disintegrated by whathever the Legion is charging. He deliver a quick series of slashes, ravaging the Legion. But none of each individually is enough to break it's concentration.

Anyway, it's ready to unleash death at you, when Shoe shoots on bullet so spectacularly well that the legion would rather be hit by a cannon. The bullet pierces and destroys several corpses, and the ray that was intended to you, hits the ceiling instead. It really looks like and improved version of the ray you faced earlier. This one is way more brutal, though, as it basically destroyed the ceiling and you can see the night sky.

The other bullet Shoe shoots still hurt, but not nearly as much.

That ray was fullround that would unleash after you guys acted, now the legion has it's normal turns.

As a bonus, you can see the composer more clearly now, as the Legion gets weaker and weaker.

You can hear Elanun, or rather, the Pupeteer, saying.

"You are paying for that, Halfling!"

He tries to dominate you!

Dominate Person [roll0] or [roll1] (whichever is lower, disadvantage since he is fighting you) vs Will Save

Legion post coming soon

Dudu
2016-07-26, 03:49 PM
Frustated that his domination failed, the Pupeteer orders

"KILL HIM. NOW!"

All the six tentacles try to flay the halfling.

It's weaker now. Still, the same rules apply
atk[roll0] dmg[roll1] str off[roll2]
atk[roll3] dmg[roll4] str off[roll5]
atk[roll6] dmg[roll7] str off[roll8]
atk[roll9] dmg[roll10] str off[roll11]
atk[roll12] dmg[roll13] str off[roll14]
atk[roll15] dmg[roll16] str off[roll17]

Beschoren
2016-07-29, 08:44 AM
The mass of tentacles rush to Shoe, as if a dark cloud of deadly waves. Shoe screams like a little girl.

By skill, speed, and desperation, shoe manages to avoid several attacks. He's not very gracefull about it, and his face shows the most genuine panic, specially as two of the tentacles wrap him and bring him closer to the legion itself, droping him from the stage.

face to face with the undead monster-thing shoe screams even more. and, of course, he runs away, faster than you would expect. at a range, he reloads and fires one of his pistols again

reaction: Uncanny dodge - halves damage from a hit from a visible attacker. I will use it on the second attack I was hit, reducing damage from 13 to 6.
[roll0] falling damage
Bonus action: Cunning action - desingage
move 5 squares north
Attack VS Legion:[roll1]+[roll2], damage [roll3]+[roll4]

"BY THE LORDS DO SOMETHING!! IT WANTS TO EAT ME!!!"

Madzera
2016-07-30, 06:04 PM
While the Spritual Weapon unleashes another blow against the legion, Khazar charges divine energy. The runes on his shield light up, and as he points his shield towards the legion, a beam of light shoots from the emblem straight at the legion. "Baast, hit it now!"

Bonus action attack with Spritual Weapon: [roll0] for [roll1] force damage.
Action cast 5th level Guiding Bolt: [roll2] for [roll3] RADIANT damage. Gives advantage for next attack.

1st-level evocation

Range: 120 feet

Duration: 1 round

A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Dudu
2016-07-31, 07:44 PM
Shoe shoots, desperate to escape from those fiendish tentacles.

Khazar intends to use guiding bolt to aid Baast in his attacks. However, the radiant damage is more than enough to pulverize what remained from Legion.

"By... by the Seven Sinful Lords, what in hell are you guys?"

The composer lies in the ground on all fours. He is also visibly weary from the battle.

"All right, you earned my respect. I was expecting some errand boys but you guys seem much more capable.

Tell me what you want from this place and I might have the answer for it."

He sees much more willing to enter diplomacy now.

Beschoren
2016-08-03, 07:24 AM
The composer seems to be under control. But shoe reloads both his guns. just to be sure. and keep poiting them at his face. you know, just in case.

trying to supress his fear and panic from the undead, Shoe starts going professional on talking - that's what he's good at afterall.

"ok now corpse boy. keep yourself on the ground, or the places that hurt the most will have new holes"

He keeps a 20 feet distance. just so he dosen't have to shout his questions

"Who is powering this bizzare necrotic show? I don't think the composer had the power to mass-kill and mass-reanimate by himself, even if he intented to perpetuate this chaos"

Show would love to look arround and make sure the corpses are not re-forming just behind him, but he can't afford to leave Fraust's hands out of sight for a single moment

"Also, what was the point of the chandeleier? what of Lady Leana of thousand blades? "

persuasion: [roll0]

Dudu
2016-08-04, 05:52 PM
"Ok, tiny man. You certainly delight in fooling your foes with your assuming build. A powerful strategy, to feign weakness. I'll answer your questions.

First, your guts are right. The composer didn't power it all on himself. Nay, not even me powered this spectacle all on itself. Elanum was merely a very, very gifted composer and musician. And those who posses immense talent in wathever art are much more attuned to the arcane then your current society dares admit. That attunement allowed me to grab him as a servant, a beacon that allowed me to exist more throughly in this world. He is my most prized acquisition and, even though he wasn't the sole responsible for the Requiem, he was the pivotal piece in it.

Second, Lady Leana of Thousand Blades... yes, that's one nice epithet. You can find her downstairs. Alive, I bet. But then again, if you want to catch her, you want to be quick.

And third, about the candelabrum. Well, actually, I'm not willing to tell you much about it. Shoot the composer all you want, I'll back up in my promise. And don't forget, clock is ticking."

Madzera
2016-08-12, 08:04 AM
With a final flash of light, the fight ended. Just in time Khazar thought, as he was starting to feel his defences wittling away during the fight. He felt the Blessing fading away, and also his Spiritual hammer ceased to exist. He put his trusted warhammer on his belt again, and dusted himself off. Quite the fight this composer provided, thought it wasn't really the composer, right?

"So who are you anyways? Have you been controlling the composer all this time, or was Fraust aware of your intensions?"
As the composer mentioned Lady Leana, Khazar tried to see through the cryptic words. "What do you mean, what's with Lady Leana?"

Insigh roll about what's going on with Lady Leana: [roll0]

Chimaera
2016-08-12, 09:59 AM
Baast remain quiet as the other interrogate this Puppeteer. It is those displays of magical cruelty that give arcanists a bad name. He keep his sword in hands, ready to finish off the dead composer once the interrogation is over.

Beschoren
2016-08-13, 08:53 AM
Shoe gets worried when he heard about Leana. Moments ago he would be rejoiced to see her alive and breathing, but after all this mess and the obviously overpowering magic display, survival seems suspicious.

Once he awnesr to khazaar, he says "we should go find her. how the hell did she survive?" and nods to Baast finish off the talking corpse.

The role of the candelabrum will have to wait. Maybe a diviner could analyse it and extract more information.. torturing the undead sounds rather inneficient for that

Dudu
2016-08-14, 01:22 PM
The composer smile

"Aye, I can see the murder intent in your eyes. You are worthy foes. And the halfling possess a rare kind of cleverness.

Answering your question: No, Fraust knew he was dealing with the an outsider entity, but he didn't know my intentions.
I am the Pupeteer and you saved the people of this city, for now. But we wouldn't bother setting a plan in motion that could be stopped by three pretentious goons, so the big picture is still intact. We already broke the Seal.

Now, if you excuse me, you can all rot in helhsuiohoiwhohs..."

He didn't finish his words, as Baast sword brutally severed his head.

But he mentioned a Seal. And before that, Leanna. Leanna is downstairs, which is definitely one place you didn't check out. As far as you know, there's nothing spectacular about what lies downstairs. The kitchen, quarters, a storage room? More corpses? You'll need to discover by yourselves.

Beschoren
2016-08-14, 07:45 PM
Shoe turns away from the loot and precious itens he could potentialy find "we should go down NOW!"

swfit and silent, thinking on a good lie to tell Leanna once she is found. Profetic seals will ahve to come laetr, now is time for action!

(shoe goes downstairs, calling his allies. move silent at full speed)

Chimaera
2016-08-14, 08:29 PM
"Godspeed ahead", he says to the others and move along the halfling, but not before getting the composer's sheets.

Madzera
2016-08-15, 09:28 AM
Who is 'we'? Khazar thinks as he follows his two companions downstairs.