PDA

View Full Version : Heroforge - Personalised 3d printed miniatures

Sianthus
2016-06-24, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, I've been looking around for miniatures for my character in small gaming stores but i chanced upon this website called Heroforge. It lets you design and customise a 3d model online, then they'll 3d print it out for you in various materials of your choice. It looks really cool imo: the customisation is just great :D though i've heard various issues regarding their fragility (depending on material)

I'm not sure whether this site here has discussed it before (and if so i can't find it) but has anyone here used this service? If so what are you thoughts/reviews on the miniatures? :D

Site in question: https://www.heroforge.com/

My 5e Tiefling Warlock/Paladin that i made just minutes earlier! http://imgur.com/kPC3GGT

StickMan
2016-06-25, 11:01 PM
I'm going to have to resist the urge to order things from this so bad... This is really cool thanks for sharing it.

Beleriphon
2016-06-26, 03:27 PM
Dude, those are boss. And they're actually pretty reasonably priced for a single, fully customized mini. And they keep adding more stuff you pick from for the models. I did a pretty decent Indiana Jones stand-in (fedora, collared shirt, boots, whip, pistol, the works).

The fantasy stuff has tones, but even the modern/sci-fi pieces are enough to build some pretty decent looking models. I'd love to see a skeleton model in addition to the normal humanoid and "robot" bodies, but that's just me.

DJroboninja
2016-06-26, 05:02 PM
This is what the PCs in my group use - we've been using the same minis from hero forge for nearly a year and they've held up great. One broke from falling off a five foot high shelf, but it was an easy fix and they otherwise look brand new - 10/10 would use again

Sianthus
2016-06-29, 03:27 AM
To those i introduced this to, you're all welcome! :D Btw i heard the best things about the material Gray Plastic (the material ordered so much they paused orders for it). Apparently it has the best balance between strength, detail, and price. Here's a review! http://ragingowlbear.blogspot.sg/2016/05/hero-forge-miniatures-massive-improvement.html

Although if you have the $ to blow, the bronze ones look absolutely amazing and should be as hard to break as metal aha. Because it is XD.

I should clarify that i'm not part of the company in ANY way btw. This is not an ad. Just wanted to relieve the pain of people who always find miniatures for their chars that are close, but not close enough :D

And a 5 foot high shelf? Are you talking 5 foot in the real world or 5 foot on the gaming mat? :P Because that would be one very very short shelf if it was the latter.

Hunter Noventa
2016-06-29, 07:48 AM
Wow that's pretty awesome. A shame my group isn't local enough to use minis or I might try to make my current character.

I still might try to make some of my old characters though, that's just amazing.

Sianthus
2016-06-29, 10:38 AM
I still might try to make some of my old characters though, that's just amazing.

Mmmhmm you can just make some to ogle at even if you don't use it XD That's what I did. Repeatedly.

GnomishPride
2016-06-29, 11:39 AM
Wow, this is incredible. Thanks for opening my eyes! :smalltongue: