Level: Wiz 9, Brd 6
Components: V, S, F, XP
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: n/a
Target: See below
Duration: See below
Saving Throw: Will Negates, DC 15 + int modifier
Spell Resistance: n/a

You may create an illusion so convincing that it can warp reality itself. To do this there must be a crowd of viable entities (any creature with an int score above 7 who will not be subject to the immediate effects of the spell) to believe in the illusion, the more significant the effect the more believers are needed (see the table below). To decide if the spell works use the mean average will save of the crowd, crowd members may not choose to fail their save, they must actually believe it rather than want to. The complex nature of the spell means that it needs two slots to prepare for the day (unless the caster has illusion as their preferred school) The XP cost is equal to the minimum crowd size x 100.

{table=head]Effect|Example|Min. Crowd Size|Painting DC
Trivial|Create food and water|1|5
Minor|Restore large damaged object/building|10|10
Notable|Slay or resurrect a creature|20|10
Moderate|Create item worth 2500 or less|50|15
Significant|Recreate the effects of a wish spell|200|20
Major*|Polymorph an entire army into mice|500|25
Epic*|Slay a deity|750|30[/table]
*Character must be epic level

Focus: A detailed painting related to the effect somehow, requiring the services of a talented artist to produce (min, 100gp per crowd member to commission). The DC to produce the painting is listed on the above table.

Poppatomus
2007-06-30, 02:36 PM
That is awsome.

I would put something inbetween 50 and 500 though, that duplicates the effects of a wish or miracle spell (perhaps even assigns a particular set of difficulties to duplicate the effects of spells of a particular level. )

Also, I feel like the painting DC should be available, in the case of a painter/mage.

Also a question: If it's 750 to kill a deity how much is it to create one?

Fax Celestis
2007-06-30, 02:40 PM
Why Int above 10? Int 3 is language-speaking.

Also, there's no [Universal] descriptor.

What kind of save negates?

And what's the DC to paint the picture required myself?

Poppatomus
2007-06-30, 02:45 PM
Another thing, you should state that it should be impossible to voluntarily fail the save. This is a test of the reality of the illusion, not your desire to believe in it. (also because, how hard is it for an epic level caster to gate in 750 creatures and tell them to fail their save?)

Also, the focus, should it perhaps be something more like a painting worth 100 gp per person needed to believe in it, or something similar? I feel like it diminishes the coolness of the ability if I'd need to carry around a 1,000 gp picture of a steak just to conjure some bread.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-30, 02:56 PM
Also a question: If it's 750 to kill a deity how much is it to create one?

Belief alone just can't achieve it (or at least the type of belief generated by this spell)

Why Int above 10? Int 3 is language-speaking.

I though it would make sense that a certain level of intelligence is needed to generate the necessary level of belief.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-30, 02:58 PM
I'd still go with Int 7 at least. Int 10 means that your average half-orc is incapable of powering this spell.

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-01, 06:06 AM
I'd still go with Int 7 at least. Int 10 means that your average half-orc is incapable of powering this spell.

Good idea.