PDA

View Full Version : Seraphuul Martials

Adam Meyers
2016-06-24, 01:22 PM
6 months ago, an undead army appeared in the north, sweeping its way across the continent. 2 months ago, the remaining nations banded together into a coalition.

2 weeks ago, you were conscripted, along with every other sellsword or citizen who could handle a weapon, into the war effort. You're new to the military, but because you already know how to fight and there isn't enough time to train you properly, you're joining as a 'martial'; a special soldier joining a squadron of other oddities to support the standard army through tactical placement in battle and the undertaking of special missions. You get paid 1 gp per day, with pay to increase as you become more experienced and valuable to the war effort.

The camp you've been shipped to for training is large and has everything you could ask for, including a quartermaster, a set of camp followers selling everything from entertainment to magic trinkets (or so the seller claims), and even a scholar who keeps records and has a collection of books you can borrow for free. There's a healer's tent you can use, the mess hall is decent, you get your own tent, and the training grounds are always open if you want to spar someone and work on tactics and teamwork. Best of all, as a martial you don't have to worry about learning spear drills or formation marching, all you need to do is prove you know how to work together with your other squad mates.

2 hours ago, you proved that you couldn't work together.

"Well, well," the captain mutters, brushing off his still-smoking eye patch and putting it back on his head. "You've done it. After twenty years of service to his Majesty, I thought I'd seen every pathetic display humanity could produce, but the four of you proved me wrong. Congratulations."

No one's really sure what happened, except that it involved a cut saddle strap and something catching on fire, and when the smoke had cleared, no one believed that it wasn't you four who did it. Now, you're up in front of Captain 'One-Eye' Rainier, your commanding officer, who's looking even sourer than ever.

"By all rights, I'm should string the lot of you up overnight for the Bird Mother's judgement," he continues, looking each one of you in the eye as he passes. "But I'm not going to do that. In fact, I'm not going to punish you in any way. Do you know why? Because I've thought of something better. I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourselves."

Captain One-Eye turns and points to the south.

"The trash heap out south of camp has developed a little rat problem. You're going to kill every last one of them before sundown today." He pauses and looks up at the sun, just beginning to drop in the sky.

"If it isn't taken care of before sundown today, you are forfeit," he says. "You will become my personal plaything, to do with as I wish. I wouldn't worry about that though, right? After all, it's just a few rats."

The captain's face suddenly splits into a sadistic grin.

"I'd bring your armor if I were you. Dismissed!"

Mehangel
2016-06-24, 02:19 PM
Yamato, or "Ishi" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=850594) as his comrades would refer to him kept his eyes dead, so to maintain that 'hundred-yard stare' that was drilled into each of the recruits when they first arrived. Even still, it was hard to keep from grimacing while listening to the captain's sarcastic remarks. It was obvious that the captain was alluding to the fact that the medic couldn't keep up with the physical drills. That is not to say he was weak, but definitely not on-par with others in his division. Being the medic was no excuse, one needed to be tough enough to not only reach the front lines, but also strong enough to fight back the hordes long enough to carry any fallen comrades back to the trenches.

Ishi had looked around at the different comrades when he had first arrived, they came from all over, each bearing armor, weapons, and fighting styles from all over the known world. As time went on though, the entire company shrank as recruits graduated. Ishi wasn't one of the honored soldiers, he had been pulled back three times now. He almost expected to be perpetually stuck in training. In the beginning, recruits were distributed by their nationality and instructed by soldiers well-versed in their traditional fighting styles. But as the hordes grew more numerous and time passed, that luxury could no longer be afforded. Nowadays, one was lucky if even one of your comrades were from the same country as ones self.

As the captain's words drew to a close, Ishi awaited the harsh tone of being dismissed. It was cold and harsh, just like the wind. Ishi then made his way to his tent and strapped on his gear. A fear crept in, this was it and the beginning of the end had arrived.

After gathering his belongings he headed out to the formation post to wait for the others.

Entered Pride Leader's Stance: The initiator and all allies within 20-ft gain +4 morale bonus to saves vs fear effects and demoralization effects.

http://www.hulala.my/photos/deals/34230/detail_large/main-c-34230.jpg

Bhaakon
2016-06-24, 03:04 PM
Leaning heavily on his unstrung bow, Carmine's droopy-lidded eyes follow the Captain only vaguely as he delivers his tirade. The pounding of the hangover seemed ever so much more important at the moment, and for all the man's blathering about hanging his troops to have their innards pecked out, he knew the army couldn't afford to waste the manpower, time, or even the rope.

So their commander had clearly decided on humiliation as an alternate punishment.

"Rats?!" Carmine groans once the officer is out of earshot. "Don't we have cats for that...sir?" Every boat he'd ever been on had had a feline or four kept on hand for the purpose. Granted, they weren't terribly effective, but then neither was bumbling around after rodents with swords and shields.

"Maybe we can requisition some traps."

Novawurmson
2016-06-24, 06:18 PM
In the blink of an eye, armor forms itself around Typhona. Her face is stone. This was not what she came here to do. This is not what she was capable of. This obstacle would not stop her from proving herself.

"Ever heard of Nairoge?" she asks sharply. "People all over the city complaining of small bites. On the next full moon, thousands of people turned. A veritable army of wererats had infected people throughout the city. That night, the city ate itself. Don't scoff at a threat until you know its true face."

She waits for the other to finish any errands, then presses to head to the trash heap at once.

Typhona forms her astral armor and assumes her stance. These actions can generally be assumed to have happened each morning shortly after waking.

stack
2016-06-24, 06:43 PM
The large man leaning on a long hatred weapon grunts."Any wagers on the size of he rats? I say dog, but I'm willing to hear odds on horse sized."

The young man mostly just called Jack shoulders the long hatred hammer. "Traps may not be bad. Got torches. Hopefully they won't swarm if they are small."

Mehangel
2016-06-25, 09:46 AM
Ishi approached the young man with the hammer, and paused before speaking. "Jack, I bet 4 day's wages that the 'rats' our CO wants handled aren't actually rats." Ishi was prepared to pay-up if he lost the bet, but the sarcastic nature of the captain was something of habit it seemed. It was thus entirely possible that there was in-fact a "rat" problem, or it could be just another one of the commanding officer's jokes. In this instance however, Ishi was leaning towards the possibility that this infestation was not of the vermin variety.

stack
2016-06-25, 01:01 PM
Jack laughs, "I ain't staking 4 days wages on the chance that the rats are rats. Rat shaped, maybe, but not proper rats. No bet."

Mehangel
2016-06-25, 01:36 PM
Ishi chuckles, "rats, rat-shaped, whatever. But, if it turns out these so-called 'rats' are actually dogs or cats with mange, I don't want to hear you give claims they are in-fact rat-shaped" the middle-aged medic pauses for a second before continuing, "so, do we have a bet?"

If Jack does not accept the terms of the bet (for any reason) or tries to negotiate the terms of what rat-shaped means, Ishi will drop out of the bet with a disinterested shrug and start heading out in the same direction as the trash heap.
If Jack does accept the terms of the bet, Ishi will smile and nod before heading out toward the trash heap.

Novawurmson
2016-06-25, 08:19 PM
[After waiting for the conversation to die down a little]

"I don't care what kind of shape they're in, as long as when we're finished with them, they're dead," Typhona says flatly.

stack
2016-06-25, 10:29 PM
A shrug conveys the response. "Rat shaped? Fair enough, I'll take the bet. "

"Best keep moving though, especially if we have to stop by the quartermaster's."no money but would chip in for an acid vial or alchemist fire for use against a swarm if we want to. Only 3 gp left

Bhaakon
2016-06-26, 01:01 AM
Listening to the speculation, it's all Carmine can do to choke back a laugh.

"Guess we can get traps for all sizes." He says, and makes has way to the quartermaster to see about obtaining some. "And we can just ask the quartermaster ourselves. If anyone knows what kind of vermin are threatening the camp, it'd be the one in charge of protecting the stores."

Adam Meyers
2016-06-26, 01:29 AM
The quartermaster spat on Jack's shoes.

It was a quarter-load, which was good for Jack. A full-load of tobacco, and Jack's uniform would have never been clean again. A half-load wouldn't have been debilitating, but honor would have demanded that Jack seek satisfaction on the spot.

A quarter-load, though, was another matter. It was messy, and still an insult, but it was something Jack could choose to ignore. If he wanted to.

"We stock traps for stopping bears and enemy soldiers, Wabi." The grizzled old quartermaster said, using his good hand to load more chewing tobacco into his mouth. "And unless I see a signed order from Captain One-Eye, you'll have to buy them so I can restock. Two gold each."

A soldier wearing the cut of a quartermaster's assistant approached, and the quartermaster took a paper from the soldiers hand and buried his face in it, still chewing loudly.

"If you want something smaller, I recommend you visit one of the whores in camp and borrow her cat," he said, not looking up. "Give her a good time and she might not even charge you. Or you could talk to Cooky 'n borrow the traps he catches your dinners with."

The quartermaster's face suddenly popped up from behind his paper.

"Why in sin and damnation are you Wabi's still here? Git movin'!"

stack
2016-06-26, 08:21 PM
Jack's eyes don't move beyond half closed boredom. "Sir, 2 gold sovereigns right here sir. One trap, thank you kindly sir." His voice stays bored and monotone.

Once the trap is obtained, he immediately exits, following military procedure fully to the letter.

Mehangel
2016-06-27, 06:01 PM
Ishi had no intention of loitering around till after nightfall. He had heard stories, even if they were naught but tales you tell round the fires glow to encourage the ladies to snuggle up close, Ishi knew better than to wait. The others be damned. "Purchase Traps? Hmmph." Ishi pushed southwards toward the trash heap. He wouldn't engage till at-least one other of his unit arrived, but at least he could prepare for the evening ahead. The middle-aged medic checks so to ensure that his flint and steel are at the top of his belt pouch for easy access. He then removes two torches from inside his pack and straps them to the outside. He did not want to fumble in the dark should he lose his light. Satisfied that he was prepared for night, he waited at the border of the trash heap, monk spade in hand ready to skewer some rats.

Adam Meyers
2016-06-30, 06:04 PM
The trash heap south of camp sat at the bottom of a sharp drop, just below the last of the tents and semi-permanent buildings. In order to keep trash from piling up in camp (and the smell from too easily drifting back on the wind), the trash was contained in a small ravine, below the camp and bottled against the forest, which helps trap the smell, making it not as smelly in camp, but extra pungent inside the ravine.

Small heaps of were scattered all over, each one about 3 feet high or so; enough to hide your quarry, but little else, at least at first glance.

As you get closer, however, you begin to hear the scuttering of small creatures. As you form up, you see things hiding behind the mounds of trash that shouldn't be there. And as you step below the ridge, some of them come out and come at you.

Environmental Hazard: Everyone south of the drop (in the heaps) must pass a DC 8 Fortitude save each round or be sickened until they leave the area.

Combat: There are 6 dire rats that you can see, coming out at you. No surprise round and you have time to set up a position as desired, but after everyone is set or if someone steps below the drop, they will attack.

Roll your initiatives and set your starting positions on the battle map in the google spreadsheet.

Adam Meyers
2016-06-30, 07:10 PM
The rats scurry in, two of them charging to sink their teeth into Typhora:

2 charge attacks: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage if successful: [roll2] + DC 11 Fortitude save vs disease, [roll3] + DC 11 Fortitude save vs disease

Novawurmson
2016-06-30, 07:17 PM
A grim smile flickers across Typhona's face. She draws her weapon, continuing the momentum to strike at her assailants.

Typhona uses her Tidal Blade strike

Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of
two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a
target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use
the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your
weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on
your attack roll.

[roll0]

Damage

[roll1]

Mehangel
2016-06-30, 07:39 PM
Ishi watches as dire rats scurried their way to the fresh meat that Typhona's living body provided. "Well it looks like I lost the bet" Ishi sighs aloud. Ishi looks around his crew and lets out a loud kiai, or shout of encouragement and empowerment. The medic then moves toward a vermin, monk spade in hand as he strikes as hunting serpent.

Swift Action - Uses Encouraging Roar (boost) which grants all allies within 20ft (which happens to be all allies) a +2 moral bonus to attack and damage rolls for 3 rounds.
Move Action - Moves down to square S-10 (total of 15 ft).
Standard Action - Uses Hunting Serpent Blow (strike)
Heal Check: [roll0] vs Rat AC 12
- if successful, rat becomes flat-footed against my next attack and deal an additional [roll1] damage. if unsuccessful, I take a -2 penalty to my next attack.
Attack Roll: [roll2] vs Rat AC 9 (if heal check was successful) or AC 14 (if heal check wasnt successful)
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Bhaakon
2016-06-30, 07:50 PM
"Gar, should have used traps." Carmine grumbles as he draws an arrow and step in front of Jack to get a clear shot. "Probably rabid. Don't let 'em get close!"

Move action: move to U8, drawing weapon as part of move
Standard action: Attack U12 w/ bow

Attack:[roll0] Includes +1 for PBS and +2 for Encouraging Roar
Damage:[roll1] +1 from PBS, +2 from Encouraging Roar

Novawurmson
2016-06-30, 08:23 PM
Typhona flinches in pain, with a little bit of shame and anger mixed in. Too far forward, and now her allies were saving her skin? She tries to push it out of her mind and focus on the beast at hand.

Typhona 5ft. shifts to U11 and makes a melee attack.

[roll0] to hit.

[roll1] for damage if successful.

stack
2016-06-30, 09:49 PM
Jack moves up with the others, growling as he swings his long hafted hammer, "Nothing like proper tactical positioning. And this is nothing like proper tactical positioning. The cooks would have formed a better line."

move into range (can't see map to get coordinates, will edit in but had a 30' move and a reach weapon so should be able to get to something without rolling fort)
Att [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Includes encouraging roar

Adam Meyers
2016-06-30, 10:36 PM
Jack coughs against the smell as he charged into the thick smell of refuse, impaling the 4th rat. As he enters the pit, though, he not only sees the rats circling around him, but sees at least 1 rat that they hadn't noticed before.

Jack's Fortitude save: [roll0]

Mehangel
2016-06-30, 10:53 PM
The medic quickly glances over each party member to verify the health status of each soldier. Satisfied, he moves around to Typhona to whom he had seen wince from an earlier attack, and pats him on the shoulder. "You've got this, now lets clean up these vermin!" Ishi says in a loud encouraging voice. The medic then follows it up with a war cry "Death before Dishonor" which he yells while thrusting his monk's spade up in the air as if it were an ensign or standard of battle to rally forth the company of troops.

Free Action - Medic Training: Learn the exact hit point total and conditions of each ally. (can also be used to determine health and conditions of enemies with Heal check, but I am not using it as such).
Swift Action - Triage: Move upto movement speed, ending adjacent to one ally. That ally heals 3 hit points. [Moved from S-10 to V-12 (25ft movement), healing Typhona 1 hit point]
Full-Round Action - Recover Maneuvers Grant all allies 3 temporary hit points for 1 minute, and a +4 bonus to Fortitude saves for 1 round. Recover up to 4 maneuvers.

Current Buffs Affecting ALL Allies

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (2 rounds remaining).
Pride Leaders Stance (stance): +4 moral bonus to saves vs fear and demoralization (constant, affects any allies within 20ft).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (10 rounds remaining)
Recovery Method: +4 Fortitude Saves (1 round remaining)

Bhaakon
2016-06-30, 11:17 PM
"That one's making to flank us! Right there! Those dead little ratty eyes are staring into my soul!" Carmine barks, perhaps even seriously. It can be hard to tell. Sure enough, though, the rat he indicates is moving around to surround the group, soul-stealing gaze or no.

Move action: activate Freebooter's Bane on P14, everyone gets +1 to hit and damage against it.

Standard action: attack P14 with bow.

Attack: [roll0] +1 for Freebooter's Bane, +2 for Encouraging Roar
Damage: [roll1] +1 for Freebooter's Bane, +2 for Encouraging Roar

Active Buff: Anyone attacking P14 gets +1 to attack and damage (untyped bonus)

stack
2016-07-01, 07:55 AM
"Should have formed a bloody line at the start, let me cover while you picked them off from a distance. Good thing they are rats not the enemy, we would be meat." Jack growls as he steps up to strike another rat.move to T15 as marked, attacking V16
att [roll0] (includes +2 encouraging roar)
damage [roll1] (includes +2 encouraging roar, silver)

AOO if another gets close
att [roll2] (includes +2 encouraging roar)
damage [roll3] (includes +2 encouraging roar, silver)

and another AOO to be safe
att [roll4] (includes +2 encouraging roar)
damage [roll5] (includes +2 encouraging roar, silver)

Adam Meyers
2016-07-01, 03:51 PM
One rat charges at Jack and is promptly cut down. Another charge past Jack's defenses and tries to sink its teeth into him, just as another attacks Typhora

[roll0] vs Jack
damage: [roll1]

[roll2] vs Typhora
damage: [roll3]

Jack's Fortitude save: [roll4]
Typhora's Fortitude save: [roll5]

Results of 7 or lower renders the target sickened.

Carmine critical failure confirmation: [roll6]
If result is below AC 14, he grazes his fingers, suffering 1 point of damage and a -2 to attack rolls for 1 round.
If result is another natural 1, his bowstring breaks.

Adam Meyers
2016-07-01, 03:54 PM
Forgot a player, putting in their actions as dictated to me:

Typhona moves down and readies a basic attack against the first opponent to come within reach.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Adam Meyers
2016-07-01, 03:55 PM
The rat that tried to attack Typhora dies a horrible, horrible death.

Mehangel
2016-07-01, 04:07 PM
"Well, no need to get your skivvies in a bunch" Ishi said aloud as he made his way into the stench. Raising his monk spade up into the air, he thrusts down the shovel end toward the rat in hopes of decapitating the vermin.

Move Action - Moving from V-12 to S-15 (30ft movement)
Triggered Action - Fortitude Save [roll0] vs DC 8
- Sickened on failed save
Standard Action - Hunting Serpent Blow (strike)
Heal Check: [roll1] vs Rat AC 14
- if successful, rat becomes flat-footed against my next attack and deal an additional [roll2] damage. if unsuccessful, I take a -2 penalty to my next attack.
Attack Roll: [roll3] vs Rat AC 11 (if heal check was successful) or AC 16 (if heal check wasnt successful)
Damage Roll: [roll4]

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (1 round remaining).
Pride Leaders Stance (stance): +4 moral bonus to saves vs fear and demoralization (constant, affects any allies within 20ft).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (9 rounds remaining)

Adam Meyers
2016-07-01, 04:38 PM
The last of the visible rats die before you, but there are still sounds of scittering coming from somewhere within the trash heap.

The shadows are growing longer. You still have time before your deadline, but the job isn't yet done.

Mehangel
2016-07-01, 04:49 PM
"Burn them all" shouts Ishi in an encouraging roar. He leaves his monk's spade sticking up from the ground as he pulls out a torch and lighter. Within moments the flint and steel erupt a blaze from the torch, the medic ready to start lighting trash heaps.

Swift Action - Encouraging Roar (boost): All allies gain a +2 moral bonus to attack and damage for 3 rounds.
Free Action - "drop" Monk's spade
Move Action - Pull out a torch and a lighter (were prepared for easy access in post #14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20939895&postcount=14)).
Standard Action - Lights torch

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (3 rounds remaining).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (8 rounds remaining)

stack
2016-07-02, 08:48 AM
"Bloody...don't start lighting fires yet. You want to flush them all out then let us get in position first. Better yet, forget fire, form up, and sweep the place."

Mehangel
2016-07-02, 11:27 AM
Ishi shrugs, but still holds his torch in hand."Where do you want us to form up, and what formation?"

If you could include coordinates that you would like Ishi to start at, he is open to suggestions. But simply saying 'flush them out' or 'sweep them out in formation' doesnt quite elaborate what you would like to see happen.

Ishi is a team player, but isnt a genius (INT of 11). He understands the importance of working together (WIS of 19).

stack
2016-07-02, 12:53 PM
Jack gestures upwind. "If we start a fire upwind, smoke should blow across, push them that way. Don't want it getting in the trees though, if it spreads."not sure what the weather is like, how dry the ground is, wind conditions. If we light a fire does it look like it will spread and is there a wind to worry about?

Novawurmson
2016-07-02, 01:46 PM
Typhona grips her sword tight and glances around. "Keep your eyes peeled."

Readies an attack against any opponent that gets within range.

Move action: Perception check [roll0]

Attack [roll1]

Damage [roll2]

Adam Meyers
2016-07-02, 01:54 PM
A rat scurries stealthfully up to Typhora, biting at her leg, but is promptly cut down.

Rat Attack: [roll0]
Rat Damage: [roll1]
Typhora's possible Fortitude save: [roll2]

Typhora's Perception check wasn't enough to see the rat sneaking up, but her prepared attack was more than enough to cut it in half.

Jack looks over the environment and judges its conditions for fire.

Survival Check, DC 10: [roll3]

Adam Meyers
2016-07-02, 01:56 PM
Jack considers the environment

The wind is coming from the east but you don't think should blow anything toward the camp or trees. The trash heaps look dry enough it should at least make enough smoke to flush animals out, but you doubt the fire will spread out of control.

stack
2016-07-02, 02:30 PM
"Alright, let's form up on the west side and light the fire on the east, smoke them out. Should be fine."

Mehangel
2016-07-02, 02:41 PM
"Rodger that Jack" Ishi grabs his monks spade with is free hand and immediately moves toward the western wall.

Move Action - Picks up 'dropped' monk spade
Standard Action - Converts to Move Action to move from square T-15 to M-15 (30ft movement)

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (2 rounds remaining).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (7 rounds remaining)

Bhaakon
2016-07-02, 05:26 PM
Carmine nods and follows at a distance, keeping and arrow knocked and ready for the first rat to jump out of a heap of refuse.

Move: to P10,
Standard: ready and action to attack the first rat that appears.

attack [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Add +1 to each roll if target is within 30'.

Novawurmson
2016-07-04, 11:29 AM
Typhona follows wordlessly.

Typhona double-moves to N15. I'm not logged into my Google account on this computer, so if someone else can move her, that'd be swell.

stack
2016-07-04, 11:32 AM
Jack takes position as well.P15, ready to move to block anything trying to get into the woods

Mehangel
2016-07-05, 10:19 AM
Ishi having moved to the western trash pile watches as others line up into formation. Impatient, Ishi survey's the area before lowering the torch into the heap of garbage.

Triggered - Perception check [roll0]
Action? - Light garbage with Torch (Looking at the table of different possible actions, it is most likely to be either a standard or a full-round action; but due to the size of a torch, it might be a move action)
IF lighting garbage with Torch is a move action, READY ACTION - Swing Torch at the next rat I see. Attack [roll1] (-4 from improvised, +2 from encouraging roar), Damage [roll2] (includes +1 fire damage from torch, +2 from encouraging roar).

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (1 rounds remaining).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (6 rounds remaining)

Adam Meyers
2016-07-05, 02:19 PM
The trash heap catches on fire quite quickly, and a single rat rushes out, shrieking in pain and fear to take a bite out of your leg.

Attack: 19
Damage: 2
Fortitude Save: Automatic with a +8 bonus

The heap catches fire quickly, but with the wind blowing westward, no smoke gets in your eyes, but at the heat of the flames, several more rats begin to screech and come out of the surrounding heaps.

Bhaakon
2016-07-05, 07:33 PM
"That one! It's going to get away!" Carmine growls, pointing out a particular rate because it seemed likely to escape, and absolutely not because it's the closest to him and most likely to inflict a painful, no doubt diseased gnawing.

He pulls back another arrow and lets fly, hoping to end the thing before it has a chance.

Move action: Freebooter's bane on P13, +1 to attack and damage against is for everyone

Standard: Attack P13

Attack:[roll0] +2 for encouraging roar, +1 for freebooter's bane

Damage:[roll1] +2 for encouraging roar, +1 for freebooter's bane

stack
2016-07-06, 10:49 AM
Jack attacks the nearest, then repositions to threaten another.
Attack vs O17 [roll0] includes roar
Damage [roll1] includes roar

Move to O17

Novawurmson
2016-07-06, 07:27 PM
"Ishi, watch your back! I'll take care of these two!"

Typhona 5ft. shifts to O14 and uses Tidal Blade.

Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of
two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a
target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use
the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your
weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on
your attack roll.

Attack roll [roll0] Includes roar, but not the bonus of the strike (as her weapon was already drawn).

Damage roll [roll1] Includes roar.

Adam Meyers
2016-07-07, 05:06 PM
The rats assault you all, two of them taking up coming at Ishi from two different directions.

flanking rats against Ishi:

Attack Rolls vs AC 17: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage Rolls: [roll2], [roll3]
Saving Throw DC 11: [roll4], [roll5]

Attack against Jack:
Attack Rolls vs AC 18: [roll6]
Damage Rolls: [roll7]
Saving Throw DC 11: [roll8]

Attack against Carmine:
Attack Rolls vs AC 18: [roll9]
Damage Rolls: [roll10]
Saving Throw DC 11: [roll11]

Mehangel
2016-07-07, 05:20 PM
Ishi barely managed to block the rats as they attacked from both sides. The medic assesses the battlefield as he motivates his allies "Lets show these vermin that we are men, not mice!" Ishi then takes a sidestep to evade the vermin before letting out a reverberating kiai.

Full-Round Action - Recover Maneuvers Grant all allies 3 temporary hit points for 1 minute, and a +4 bonus to Fortitude saves for 1 round. Recover up to 4 maneuvers.
No Action - 5ft step from M-15 to N-16
Swift Action - Encouraging Roar (boost) Grant all allies +2 moral bonus to attack and damage for 3 rounds.

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (3 rounds remaining).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (10 rounds remaining)
Recovery Method: +4 bonus to Fort saves (1 round remaining)

Bhaakon
2016-07-07, 05:35 PM
Carmines stumbles back and away from the charging rodent, barely avoiding the snap of its incisors as he gropes for another arrow. "If you're that hungry, then eat this!" He bellows, lining up a shot right down its gullet.

5' step to NE, standard action to attack P11 w/ freebooter's bane and encouraging roar

Attack :[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

stack
2016-07-09, 04:30 PM
Jack steps back to create distance then swings down at the nearest rat.
5' step up a space to O16 and attack P18

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Novawurmson
2016-07-09, 04:44 PM
Flushed with shame and rage over her last blunder, Typhona attempts to push distractions aside and focus on the enemy in front of her.

Attacks the rat in front of her

AR [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Both include encouraging roar

Adam Meyers
2016-07-12, 08:59 AM
The rats fall before you, and for one glorious moment you imagine yourselves to be great warriors, dispatching foes left and right for fame and glory.

Then the wind suddenly changes. Or did it change? You thought for sure it wasn't blowing that way before, right?

The fire spreads from one trash heap to the next. The rat squeals in pain as fire suddenly leaps out at it. The smell of the trash heap grows even stronger as fire throws the rotting stench into the air.

Fire Damage [roll0]
If less than 5, the rat withdraws and climbs the tree at 22 L

Fortitude Saves:
Carmine [roll1]
Ishi [roll2]
Jack [roll3]
Typhora [roll4]
If less than 8, character is sickened

Mehangel
2016-07-12, 10:34 AM
Ishi watches as the fire began to spread without warning. "Well, it looks like the fire wants to take care of the rodent problem for us..." The middle-aged medic lets out a sigh as he utilizes his monks spade to shove dirt into the trash pile nearest him. "...but we would get even more disciplined if we let this fire get out of control." After putting out part of the fire he shifts his location to prepare to put out another part should it continue to spread.

Full-Round Action: Put out Fire in square M-17
No Action: Takes a 5-ft step from N-16 to O-17

Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (9 rounds remaining)

Bhaakon
2016-07-12, 01:57 PM
The fire was beginging to get a bit out of hand, but that didn't mean Carmine was about to let the last rat get away. If he thought it was safe upin that tree, it was in for a surprise. He lines up a shot on the beady-eye disease monger and lets fly.

Move action to K10
Standard to attack the remaining rat in L22

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] edit: 8 rolled in OOC

I'm guessing there might be a penalty or miss chance here for firing through foliage, but I'll leave that up to the GM to adjudicate.

stack
2016-07-12, 03:13 PM
"Bugger. I will get the last rat, then come back and help with the fire." he scrambles round the garbage heap to attack the rat in the tree.
move to m21
Att [roll0]
Damage (more than enough)

Novawurmson
2016-07-13, 06:44 AM
"Why did we start a fire again?" Typhona grumbles.

5ft. shift to M15

Full round action - attempt to put out fire in L15

Mehangel
2016-07-18, 07:07 PM
Ishi kicks a dead rat out of the way and shifts himself in its previous space before continuing his effort at putting out the flames by shoveling dirt over the fire, thus smothering the flames.

No Action: 5ft step from O-17 to O-18.
Full Round Action: Put out fire in square N-18.
OOC: Moving rat from O-18 to O-19 because it isn't simple to have two different colored icons in the same square.

Encouraging Roar (boost): +2 moral bonus to attacks and damage (1 rounds remaining).
Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (8 rounds remaining)

Bhaakon
2016-07-20, 04:11 PM
With no more rats in sight, Carmine whips the cloak from his shoulders and sprints towards the trash pile to help smother the flame.

The pile of stinking, putrid junk. The gag-inducing refuse of meals weeks past, made all the worse by the application of fire.

He thinks better of using his cloak.

Double move to L17

Adam Meyers
2016-07-20, 04:50 PM
The last visible rat dies, and the fire spreads.

As Jack cuts down the last rat, he sees something curious in the tree where it went. A hole, big enough for two rats to pass through side by side, has been dug (eaten?) through the tree and into the ground. It looks like a nest or something.

stack
2016-07-21, 11:43 AM
"Think I found a nest over here, have to wait until after the fire though." Jack drops his weapon and goes to help extinguish the flames. i don't see the fire on the map, so he moves to the nearest fire and helps

Novawurmson
2016-07-29, 09:29 PM
Typhona puts out the last of the fire and wipes her brow.

stack
2016-08-06, 02:12 PM
Once the fire is out, Jack shows the others his findings. "I suppose the job isn't done unless we clear the nest too, eh?"

Mehangel
2016-08-06, 09:49 PM
Ishi cautiously moves toward the entrance to the rat nest. "Carefully we must proceed, for danger is most probable"

Move Action - Moves from O-18 to M-21 (20 ft movement).
Standard Action - Readied Action: Hunting Serpent Blow (strike)
Heal Check: [roll0] vs Rat AC 14 (if successful, rat becomes flat-footed against my next attack and is dealt +1d6 damage; if unsuccessful, I take a -2 penalty to my attack)
Attack Roll: [roll1] vs Rat AC 11 (if heal check was successful) or AC 16 (if unsuccessful)
Damage Roll: [roll2] + [roll3] (if heal check was successful)

Recovery Method: +3 Temp HP, stacks with all other sources of temp hp (7 rounds remaining)

stack
2016-08-07, 05:46 AM
"They really didn't like fire last time, might be a better plan than crawling into tight spaces were we cannot maneuver or support each other. Unless you think it gets bigger down in there?"