PDA

View Full Version : GM is rewarding me with a new spell like ability but not sure what one to choose

Nosta
2016-06-24, 02:15 PM
so in the game i play in the gm uses bonus points to reward the pc
the points can be turned in for various rewards.

I have three (this is enough to gain one of two things) A class ability from another class = to my character level or lower or spell like ability chosen from a Arcane or Divine spell of 4th level or lower

so far i manage to gain all the second level stat boosting spells as spell like ability

I play a rogue-swift blade /sorcerer level 10

J-H
2016-06-24, 02:18 PM
How many times per day? Invisibility, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Divine Power, and Restoration are good.

If you have high CHA, I would go for the CHA-to-all-Saves feature from the Paladin.

If you want to get a book thrown at you, say "4th level Ranger/Paladin spells are 4th-level divine spells," and choose Holy Sword or Tree Stride.

Jowgen
2016-06-24, 02:35 PM
Create Lantern Archon. Much fun to be had with that one.

Beheld
2016-06-24, 02:40 PM
You should shoot for the Clerics spellcasting class feature equal to your character level.

Or Wildshape.

Arael666
2016-06-24, 02:45 PM
ahem, since your spellcasting is cha based, how about divine grace?

DarkSoul
2016-06-24, 07:47 PM
How many times per day you can use an SLA you pick is a big consideration. There's a world of difference between at will and 1/day.

gr8artist
2016-06-24, 09:50 PM
Something to summon tanks or flanking buddies. I'm not sure how 3.5's "Lay on Hands" works, but PF's Paladin can heal for 1d6 per 2 levels, a number of times per day equal to 1 / 2 levels plus his Charisma (3 + Cha times per day for 3d6 each at 6th level).

Barbarian Horde
2016-06-24, 11:29 PM
Scrying can make a world of difference. Get a handful of hair and you'll always know.

trikkydik
2016-06-25, 01:16 AM
Are you level 20 with 10 rogue and 10 levels sorcerer? or a 10th level hybrid?

What kind of character are you? a sneak attack with bolstered magic? or a mage with bolstered sneak/fight ability?

If its the first, definitely go with great invisibility.
(Also, Can you cast "True Strike"? (Level 1 spell, +20 on next attack roll))

if its the second, Shout is awesome (5D6 and deafens all in cone, (give mad circumstantial bonuses to hide and move silent))

Hope this helps.

Rebel7284
2016-06-25, 05:10 AM
Summon Giants is level 4. :D

Otherwise, polymorph is always good.

Anything that gives extra actions is good to consider for class abilities. For example Factotum's ability to take extra standard action (assuming you get inspiration points too)

Pugwampy
2016-06-25, 11:28 AM
I dont suppose you could twist his arm to give you a nice +2 AB stat upgrade ? :smallsmile:

Honest Tiefling
2016-06-25, 11:44 AM
Unless you get the spell like ability, I'd go with the class ability. I mean...What other time are you going to be able to play with this?

Divine Grace or the Battledancer's Charisma to AC are nice options. If you have Tome of Battle, I'd also consider yoinking a stance without wasting feats and snagging a higher level one. Through, can you yoink from a prestige class?