PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Claws+Hellfire Warlock+Girallon Arms Soulmeld+Bind

Hal0Badger
2016-06-24, 03:45 PM
I was looking into building something like Akuma, so far best I got is Warlock(with Eldritch Claws)+Shou Disciple route. It checks out for some abilities, and it looks cool to play one.

My question would be though, Eldritch Claws feats says that you get 2 claws, with a damage equal to your unarmed strike+eldritch blast damage. I am pretty sure Hellfire Warlock adds to that. But what about Girallon Arms Soulmeld? Girallon Arms Soulmeld, if you bind, grants a rend damage equal to twice of your claw damage plus 2 times your strength modifier. As an example; a level 14 Character (Warlock 6/Shou Disciple 5/HFW 3) deals 3d6(EB)+6d6(hellfire)+2d6(unarmed damage)= 11d6, plus his strength modifier. If I bind Girallon Arms, and connect both my claws, do I get the 2 times claw+2 times str bonus, which is another 22d6+2*str bonus damage (which will be a total of 44d6+4*str mod with 2 attacks).

Necroticplague
2016-06-24, 03:50 PM
My question would be though, Eldritch Claws feats says that you get 2 claws, with a damage equal to your unarmed strike+eldritch blast damage. I am pretty sure Hellfire Warlock adds to that.

Actually, it doesn't. Hellfire Blast [the ability] changes your Eldritch Blast into something different (a Hellfire Blast). Meanwhile, Eldritch Claws does it's damage based on your Eldritch Blast damage, not your Hellfire Blast damage. So Hellfire Warlock doesn't help with your claw damage.

Hal0Badger
2016-06-24, 04:01 PM
Okay, scratch Hellfire Blast then, what about Girallon Arms bind?

Necroticplague
2016-06-24, 04:19 PM
Okay, scratch Hellfire Blast then, what about Girallon Arms bind?

Well, once you past that, it's all clear, and you seem to have got it right. Your attack routine would look like this (using 5 as a placeholder STR mod):

claw1:5d6+5
claw2:5d6+5
Rend (if both those above hit): 10d6+10.

Sword-Geass
2016-06-24, 10:20 PM
Aditionally consider taking the Beast Strike (Dragon 355, pg. 76) feat. It makes your Unarmed strikes also deal your Claw damage, which means your US would deal= UD (2d6)+Claw (EB(3d6)+UD(2d6))=7d6. You also get iteratives which is another (nicer) plus.

Other nice things to put your claws on are a (Greater) Chasuble of Fell Power (from MIC) for an extra 2d6 to EB damage with the greater version, and Beast Claws (from Savage Species) for an extra +2 to hit and another 1d6 claw damage.

Also, check with your DM about letting Hellfire work with the Claws (by RAW it doesn't, but still), since HF isn't a shape nor an essence which are the ones specifically ruled out in Eldritch Claw. And even if he doesn't let you use it, consider taking it at least for those moments when you can't hit normal AC and want an extra power boost with Eldritch Glaive.

Snowbluff
2016-06-25, 12:12 AM
Actually, it doesn't. Hellfire Blast [the ability] changes your Eldritch Blast into something different (a Hellfire Blast). Meanwhile, Eldritch Claws does it's damage based on your Eldritch Blast damage, not your Hellfire Blast damage. So Hellfire Warlock doesn't help with your claw damage.

Yep this is true.

So is the thing about Beast Strike. Maybe Add Enlightened Fist if you're feeling Cheeky?