PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Healing paladin

Shadowscale
2016-06-24, 08:47 PM
How would one go about making their paladin the quintessential holy divine healer in the party, tanky with high armor class out there with the martial characters, but instead of being a beat stick they'd be all about healing and lay on hands.

I'm looking for ideas to make a build that would function like this, archetypes, feats or anything.

Florian
2016-06-24, 09:01 PM
Is ī16 the official year of Paladin Healing or something? Itīs really uncanny how many threats on that topic crop up right now....

The answer to this is still is the Oradin. Pick as many level of Life Oracle as you have party members for the Lifelink and the rest is pure Paladin. Go Human, Fey Heritage and Greater/Ultimate Mercy and youīre good. Pick your poison on whether itīs going to be ranged combat or a high-crit 2H weapon build.

digiman619
2016-06-25, 01:10 AM
Unless you have a reason to go for the Paladin class, go Warpriest. You get 6th level spells, any weapon you have Weapon focus for get an increase in damage, a la monk's unarmed strike, and a lot of healing options. You lose full BAB, but can augment your weapons (and armor) a la the magus.

Palanan
2016-06-25, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowscale
How would one go about making their paladin the quintessential holy divine healer in the party, tanky with high armor class out there with the martial characters, but instead of being a beat stick they'd be all about healing and lay on hands.

I'm looking for ideas to make a build that would function like this, archetypes, feats or anything.

I've been getting some excellent advice on my own paladin of healing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?491547-Need-A-Paladin-of-Healing), including a link to grarrrg's very helpful Oradin mini-guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?257365-PF-Oradin-Mini-Guide-Or-How-to-be-a-Healbot-minus-the-bot).

I'm going cleric/paladin myself, which suits my concept a little better, but the Oradin is a solid choice.

Shadowscale
2016-06-27, 02:12 PM
Is ī16 the official year of Paladin Healing or something? Itīs really uncanny how many threats on that topic crop up right now....

The answer to this is still is the Oradin. Pick as many level of Life Oracle as you have party members for the Lifelink and the rest is pure Paladin. Go Human, Fey Heritage and Greater/Ultimate Mercy and youīre good. Pick your poison on whether itīs going to be ranged combat or a high-crit 2H weapon build.

So you'd suggest lifelink levels over pure hospitaler paladin?

Firebug
2016-06-29, 09:30 PM
Hospitaler Paladin of Irori with 2 levels of Ninja for Ki Pool.

By level 6, you can heal your party (not yourself) indefinitely. 1d6 at a time.

By level 8 (or earlier if you get a phylactery of positive channeling) you have infinite channels/lay on hands/ki points per day.
Sort of. Channel to heal, use Ki Channel to regain 2+ Ki points instead of healing on yourself.
Use Tea of Transference to turn one of those Ki points into a Channel at the cost of 40 gp.
You can also use Meditation crystal to turn the Channels into Lay on Hands at no cost but 1 minute of concentration.

Tea of Transference can also give you spells lots 2 levels lower then your highest (need paladin 10 to be useful, so level 12), or Smite Evil.

This also works for Clerics, but its a shame that Warpriest Channel Energy costs rounds of fervor instead of having its own #/day.

Psyren
2016-06-30, 11:57 AM
Hospitaler Paladin of Irori with 2 levels of Ninja for Ki Pool.

By level 6, you can heal your party (not yourself) indefinitely. 1d6 at a time.

By level 8 (or earlier if you get a phylactery of positive channeling) you have infinite channels/lay on hands/ki points per day.
Sort of. Channel to heal, use Ki Channel to regain 2+ Ki points instead of healing on yourself.
Use Tea of Transference to turn one of those Ki points into a Channel at the cost of 40 gp.
You can also use Meditation crystal to turn the Channels into Lay on Hands at no cost but 1 minute of concentration.

Tea of Transference can also give you spells lots 2 levels lower then your highest (need paladin 10 to be useful, so level 12), or Smite Evil.

This also works for Clerics, but its a shame that Warpriest Channel Energy costs rounds of fervor instead of having its own #/day.

You can also spread a Ki Mat in the wagon bed to sit on while the party is journeying to their next destination

Dr_Dinosaur
2016-06-30, 12:57 PM
Grippli Paladin with the Agile Tongue feat. Lay on Hands and Smite from a distance.
But seriously, Warp-Shaman or Oradin are your best bet for healing.