PDA

View Full Version : Gothic 2

Pronounceable
2007-06-30, 04:51 PM
I recently got Gothic 2 but I can't bring myself to play it. Mainly because my guy is as manuverable as a pickaxe. I have heard good things about the game, but his inability to move diagonally and a lack of defend/guard button (in a 3rd person actionish RPG) irritates me.

That and I've just played Bard's Tale. Starting Gothic 2 right off the bat as "the chosen of the gods" as the greeter guy said is also a factor.

Any advice for this?

DraPrime
2007-06-30, 09:52 PM
I have a question of my own regarding Gothic 2. I just finished the first game, so should I buy the second?

Morty
2007-07-01, 06:19 AM
I have heard good things about the game, but his inability to move diagonally and a lack of defend/guard button (in a 3rd person actionish RPG) irritates me.

:smallconfused: You can block in both Gothics. In Gothic 2 blocking is essential in duels with humans and orcs. I personally never missed diagonal moving too much.

I have a question of my own regarding Gothic 2. I just finished the first game, so should I buy the second?

If you enjoyed Gothic I, you'll probably enjoy Gothic II as well. I did. Basically Gothic II is much better technically- better graphic and animation- and many things are vastly improved- like guilds and interaction with NPCs- but the main plot and atmosphere was a lot better in first Gothic. So I call it a draw. But whatever you do, don't install "Night of the Raven"(or whatever it's called in English) add-on. It reduces games enjoyability drastically and makes playing mage a living hell.