PDA

View Full Version : Which do you choose: guided hand or leadership?

killem2
2016-06-25, 10:23 AM
So I have a warpriest in The mummy's Mask Adventure path. The warpriest is that of Erastil. He is an Archer. He's also a Samsaran. I'm level 3 right now. I worked an agreement out with my GM that he will let me switch from the God I have for Irori. The reason I wanted to do this was so we had somebody who was able to disable traps which I would be able to do if I took wisdom in the flesh.

Doing so would mean I would not be chasing after the guided hand feat though I know it's very very good. The alternative if I went this route would be to pick up leadership at level 7. My GM is fairly generous when it comes to leadership aside from letting me build the actual character I can tell him what I'd prefer to see. And when I would like to see is a character that can truly accent all the strength of an Archer but also hates the undead just as much as I do.

I've kind of pre-planned my character out a little too what would happen if I took leadership or if I took guided hand there's no question that guided hand is going to help me increase all of my attack but what bugs me about going with the guided hand feat is that I have to take Channel smite which is something I don't see myself ever using.

So if I take leadership it frees up the requirement to worship Erastil.

So what would you choose and if you choose leadership what kind of character would you actually pick I'm a lawful good character.

khadgar567
2016-06-25, 10:33 AM
So I have a warpriest in The mummy's Mask Adventure path. The warpriest is that of Erastil. He is an Archer. He's also a Samsaran. I'm level 3 right now. I worked an agreement out with my GM that he will let me switch from the God I have for Irori. The reason I wanted to do this was so we had somebody who was able to disable traps which I would be able to do if I took wisdom in the flesh.

Doing so would mean I would not be chasing after the guided hand feat though I know it's very very good. The alternative if I went this route would be to pick up leadership at level 7. My GM is fairly generous when it comes to leadership aside from letting me build the actual character I can tell him what I'd prefer to see. And when I would like to see is a character that can truly accent all the strength of an Archer but also hates the undead just as much as I do.

I've kind of pre-planned my character out a little too what would happen if I took leadership or if I took guided hand there's no question that guided hand is going to help me increase all of my attack but what bugs me about going with the guided hand feat is that I have to take Channel smite which is something I don't see myself ever using.

So if I take leadership it frees up the requirement to worship Erastil.

So what would you choose and if you choose leadership what kind of character would you actually pick I'm a lawful good character.
dont know the adventure path but your dm giving you leadership my advice take it and grab a rouge character as companion and let him handle disable device

Honest Tiefling
2016-06-25, 10:56 AM
Why not talk to the DM about it? From what you said, he's been generous in the past, but there might be particular reasons in this campaign not to take Leadership. (Such as things later on in the path, or the rest of the party, or the DM's current schedule making it hard to adjust the AP) I assume you have a party, so maybe poll if they are okay with it as well. If you don't have a party, ask your DM about running the cohort.

killem2
2016-06-25, 03:43 PM
Why not talk to the DM about it? From what you said, he's been generous in the past, but there might be particular reasons in this campaign not to take Leadership. (Such as things later on in the path, or the rest of the party, or the DM's current schedule making it hard to adjust the AP) I assume you have a party, so maybe poll if they are okay with it as well. If you don't have a party, ask your DM about running the cohort.

My GM and I are on very good terms. Our group is as solid as it has ever been. There is no particular reason for allowing leadership we just allow it. It is another feat like any other one. The only real limitations we have are the DM/GM makes the character but the player has input on the type of character he thinks he would attract. The other reason we like leadership (as a party. its not just me), is because of Way of the Wicked where we use the alternate rules written out in Book 2 that instead of followers, we have organizations and we have a lot of fun doing that.

http://i.imgur.com/uH2dQO5.gif

I personally really like the idea of attracting a cohort that almost idolizes me. (I took the Child of Po Li trait)

dont know the adventure path but your dm giving you leadership my advice take it and grab a rouge character as companion and let him handle disable device

I could do this, but that leans very much to the power gaming side of leadership and I'm trying to strike a good balance between having a useful character but also a flavorful one that would actually make sense as a cohort.

In a nut shell, I would choose leadership if I knew the cohort would accent my ranged abilities. Which it is possible, my GM will paint the picture I just have to provide the paint.