PDA

View Full Version : GMR 17 Onto new pastures?

Pages : [1] 2

Illven
2016-06-25, 02:56 PM
So with a new mutliplayer robot.

http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/

It seems like a good time, to make a new mutliplayer game!

Are we interested in any gimmicks, or standard game play?

If standard, I'm interested in Korea, Poland, or Maya as a civ.

Illven Poland
Thristing Siam
7th son of sons Songhai
Zevox Arabia
Closet skeleton Venice
Dodgerh20 England
Orcus Shoshone
Driderman Portugal

Zevox
2016-06-25, 03:47 PM
:smallconfused: New multiplayer robot? So... would I be able to use this for free despite being in two games under the existing one already? I'm not seeing any details about that on the website...

Illven
2016-06-25, 04:16 PM
:smallconfused: New multiplayer robot? So... would I be able to use this for free despite being in two games under the existing one already? I'm not seeing any details about that on the website...

I would imagine so.

thirsting
2016-06-25, 04:38 PM
Still in alpha! Bugs! Unfinished features! Might be safer to stick with the old version.

But I'm in either way, as long as Korea does not get picked. No, scratch that. I have 2€ in my steam account. I can afford Korea and one other civ if needed, everything's in sale right now! :smallbiggrin:

I'd like to play Siam, or Ethiopia.

Zevox
2016-06-25, 04:41 PM
Huh. Well, at the very least, it can't hurt to try.

I have no real format preferences - standard, gimmicky, whatever kind of map, anything works for me. I'd be interested in playing Arabia, Brazil, the Inca, or Rome, with Arabia probably being my top choice.

7th son of sons
2016-06-25, 06:34 PM
Is this a Civ in the playground game? I dont know much about how we do it in here, but Id be very interested as my people, the Russians. Anything I need to know going in?

Illven
2016-06-25, 07:07 PM
Is this a Civ in the playground game? I dont know much about how we do it in here, but Id be very interested as my people, the Russians. Anything I need to know going in?

Yup, I'll give instructions as we go.

DodgerH2O
2016-06-25, 07:42 PM
Edit: Sorry, wasn't noticing the "new" part. Gave advice for standard GMR (Beta?) which was 2 games for free accounts.

thirsting
2016-06-26, 01:26 AM

Illven will give advice on technicals, it's nothing too complicated. But the important part to realise is that this game might take a year or two to complete, and players should be prepared to play a turn every few days at least. It's possible to set yourself on a vacation mode though, during which AI will do your turns, if you need to take a longer break.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-06-26, 02:27 AM
I need to get into one of these again, so sign me up. Interested in Inca, Poland, Venice or Austria.

Though I'm sceptical of the new version. The old one was buggy enough.

Doesn't mean it isn't worth testing though.

Driderman
2016-06-26, 06:59 AM
I am interested. Seems only fitting that I should return to check out the new robot, which will undoubtedly be buggy as hell :)

OrcusMcP
2016-06-26, 09:13 AM
I think we are overlooking something important with this new Multiplayer Robot: Beyond Earth.

Do we want to take these competitions into space?

Zevox
2016-06-26, 10:10 AM
I think we are overlooking something important with this new Multiplayer Robot: Beyond Earth.

I do not have that, so I wouldn't be joining in with we did.

Driderman
2016-06-26, 11:01 AM

I'd be up for it, but it looked like Beyond Earth compatibility wasn't implemented yet?

thirsting
2016-06-26, 11:08 AM
While testing, I was only able to create new CiV games, so I think BE can't be played yet with this. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible, of course..

Illven
2016-06-26, 12:21 PM
As I do not have beyond earth. This GMR will be civ 5 :smalltongue:

Driderman
2016-06-27, 06:42 AM
Well since it's also the only option, I'm down with that as well :smallwink:

thirsting
2016-06-27, 07:07 AM
Oh, interesting. There's an option for one player to play as more than one civ at a time. If this doesn't attract enough interested players, how about trying something like 2vs2vs2vs2 with only four players? Or just have a smaller game for a change?

(maybe a bad idea, but just throwing suggestions out there)

OrcusMcP
2016-06-27, 04:26 PM
Eh, perhaps a separate thread for BE, perhaps. :)

I will put my name in for this as either Shoshone, Japan or Songhai.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-06-28, 02:28 AM
6-8 players tends to be best from my experience. If we have 6 we could just start.

Any ideas for map type?

thirsting
2016-06-28, 03:09 AM
Has inland sea been done yet? Though I think it doesn't wrap around..

Fractal!?

OrcusMcP
2016-06-28, 06:41 AM
Has inland sea been done yet? Though I think it doesn't wrap around..

Fractal!?

OOooh, I like the idea of inland sea, that could be a fun new way to play.

Driderman
2016-06-28, 06:50 AM
I highly prefer wrap-around maps but generally, I'm good with whatever. It's been a while since I played Civ so right now I don't even remember the different types of map.

Illven
2016-06-28, 11:16 AM
I know fractal has been done before.

We have me.
Zevox
Thristing
7th
Orcus
Driderman
Closet skeleton
The snark

We good to start?

The_Snark
2016-06-28, 11:27 AM
Eh, perhaps a separate thread for BE, perhaps. :)

If/when they get GMR working for Beyond Earth I would definitely be up for trying that.

And... yeah, I'll throw in my hat here too. Inland sea is okay by me; at least this time it won't be a surprise when I find out that my capital is landlocked. :smallamused:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-06-28, 12:16 PM
Refresher on map types

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=515352

OOooh, I like the idea of inland sea, that could be a fun new way to play.

I love the idea of inland sea, but hate every version I've seen. They just somehow always miss that real Mediterranean feel. Inland Sea is terrible, it just gives you a lake. Doughnut is a lot better, but can be characterless. My favourite is probably Ring, which tends to be a bit more random than Doughnut while also giving a big inland sea. Ring gives everyone a subcontinent with 2 chokepoints. Chokepoint width can be changed via an option.

Europe (the random one) is another good option for Mediterranean style maps.

Illven
2016-06-28, 01:14 PM
What about Terra? That way we can explore the new world.

Driderman
2016-06-28, 01:41 PM
Terra is fun. Puts a fair amount of pressure on the early game since you get less space in the old world (assuming you play on a map that fits the number of players). Someone is bound to feel boxed in.

thirsting
2016-06-28, 01:54 PM
The fight for shore access, be it diplomatic or literal, does sound not just fun, but FUN. Yes for Terra

7th son of sons
2016-06-28, 03:04 PM
I've never really fiddled around with the map types, so anything you guys want is fine with me.

Zevox
2016-06-28, 04:59 PM
Terra is fun. Puts a fair amount of pressure on the early game since you get less space in the old world (assuming you play on a map that fits the number of players). Someone is bound to feel boxed in.
I... don't know that I like the sound of that. But I have never used the map at all, so eh, whatever is fine by me I suppose.

Driderman
2016-06-28, 05:36 PM
I... don't know that I like the sound of that. But I have never used the map at all, so eh, whatever is fine by me I suppose.

Ramps up early game competition. Or at least it ought to when people realise there's not that much room in the old world. Figured it would be poor form not to mention it before playstart if we end up with that map since not everybody might realise it at first.

Illven
2016-06-28, 05:46 PM
If we want the new world feel, along with not as much competition for land. We could go large size.

Although that'll boost the allowable religions.

Zevox
2016-06-28, 06:55 PM
Ramps up early game competition. Or at least it ought to when people realise there's not that much room in the old world. Figured it would be poor form not to mention it before playstart if we end up with that map since not everybody might realise it at first.
Well, the thing is that I'm still fairly inexperienced at multiplayer Civ - I've been in only three of these, the first of which I joined halfway through and was already in a hopeless position when I began, and the other two of which are still in earlier stages - and I've tended towards avoiding conflict in single-player, as a holdover from playing Civ 4 single-player and absolutely hating the combat mechanics. So when I hear that, I worry that I might end up playing too passive and get screwed over, if not run over.

But if so, learning experiences I guess. Don't avoid the map when everybody else seems to want it just on my account.

Driderman
2016-06-29, 01:44 AM
Well, the thing is that I'm still fairly inexperienced at multiplayer Civ - I've been in only three of these, the first of which I joined halfway through and was already in a hopeless position when I began, and the other two of which are still in earlier stages - and I've tended towards avoiding conflict in single-player, as a holdover from playing Civ 4 single-player and absolutely hating the combat mechanics. So when I hear that, I worry that I might end up playing too passive and get screwed over, if not run over.

But if so, learning experiences I guess. Don't avoid the map when everybody else seems to want it just on my account.

Just think of it as good practice :)

Seriously, it's not like everyone becomes a raging monster, just a little less space to go around since a fairly large landmass isn't accessible until renaissance times. And yes, we could always go for a larger map to offset the limited space, if people feel that's what they want.

Illven
2016-06-29, 02:00 AM
Just think of it as good practice :)

Seriously, it's not like everyone becomes a raging monster, just a little less space to go around since a fairly large landmass isn't accessible until renaissance times. And yes, we could always go for a larger map to offset the limited space, if people feel that's what they want.

Right... Because Illven doesn't typically go mad with power with Crossbows. Never.... :smalltongue:

Mx.Silver
2016-06-29, 09:15 AM
What about Terra? That way we can explore the new world.

The very first GMR game we did on the forums was on Terra, so it would make for a nice callback.

Should also be noted that the very first game was also the first Multi-player civ experience for a few of the people playing it, and didn't see much early aggression (aside from the Franco-Shoshone border skirmishes, which seemed a big deal at the time but never really amounted to much significant in the end). So it shouldn't be that big of a concern.

Driderman
2016-06-30, 07:04 AM
The very first GMR game we did on the forums was on Terra, so it would make for a nice callback.

Should also be noted that the very first game was also the first Multi-player civ experience for a few of the people playing it, and didn't see much early aggression (aside from the Franco-Shoshone border skirmishes, which seemed a big deal at the time but never really amounted to much significant in the end). So it shouldn't be that big of a concern.

I think we played a map size larger though, but I could be mistaken. And yes, considering I'm also the one who started the very first game it would definitely be a nice callback :smallsmile:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-06-30, 08:38 AM
Personally I think the New World ended up being kind of the dullest part of that game, so forcing it into being more important by limiting map size might be a good idea.

I've never had space problems in a multi-player game so it might be more interesting to have some.

OrcusMcP
2016-06-30, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'm inclined towards more border friction rather than less, but I also feel like we should avoid total-conquest war before a certain date period, so it's not just whoever wins the first war wins the whole game. Keep border skirmishes to border skirmishes.

Illven
2016-06-30, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I'm inclined towards more border friction rather than less, but I also feel like we should avoid total-conquest war before a certain date period, so it's not just whoever wins the first war wins the whole game. Keep border skirmishes to border skirmishes.

The issue with that is.

A) Discourges civ's with early UU's from putting them to real use.

B) If I take an opponent's city I'm going to have a thorn in my side for the entire game unless I at least cripple them.

C) What if we're forced into where the most efficient option is genocide. That's what happened to me in 13.

thirsting
2016-06-30, 01:23 PM
Assuming Terra, aggressors would be close, but so would allies! Unlike in other map-types, choke points are much less likely, and help should be able to find a way relatively easily.
And I don't really mind being the target of occassional roflstomp.
I'm itching to start this already

Driderman
2016-07-01, 07:08 AM
I'm certainly all for more early-game competition. Nothing more boring than a Civ game that has world peace for almost 6000 years.

The_Snark
2016-07-01, 07:27 AM
I'm good either way. A completely peaceful game would be a bit dull, but there's almost always some late-game warmongering.

7th son of sons
2016-07-01, 07:50 AM
I might have to rethink my usual strategies, but I've got no problem with the Terra world type. I'm not usually one for naval... anything, really, but why not get into it, y'know?

DodgerH2O
2016-07-01, 10:35 AM
If you all haven't started yet, my other games are slow so I'm getting itchy to play a GMR, got room for one more?

Random civ is fine, or "Random" (probably just no Polynesia because Terra and no Venice because Venice.)

Illven
2016-07-01, 11:24 AM
So a roll of 41. That would put us at 9 players, and thus large. Slightly bigger then normal.

Well let's create the game

Illven
2016-07-01, 11:26 AM
http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Games/4288/Players/86NLCCSMCMJ6

I believe this invite link should work for all of us.

Driderman
2016-07-01, 03:20 PM
Joined. Maybe it's just that I'm dead tired after a long week, but shouldn't there be a download link for the app somewhere?

Illven
2016-07-01, 03:24 PM
Joined. Maybe it's just that I'm dead tired after a long week, but shouldn't there be a download link for the app somewhere?

I don't know, you'll have to ask Thristing about that.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-01, 04:01 PM

http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Apps

DodgerH2O
2016-07-02, 12:59 AM
Rolled a 14 in Illven's old dice thread, which alphabetically gives England. AFAIK nobody was going for them so I'll take it.

Illven
2016-07-02, 01:02 AM
Rolled a 14 in Illven's old dice thread, which alphabetically gives England. AFAIK nobody was going for them so I'll take it.

But.... But... England is my spirit civ. :smallfrown::smalltongue:

7th son of sons
2016-07-02, 03:25 AM
Can one of you vets give the down and dirty about what goes on in these here GMRs?

Illven
2016-07-02, 02:39 PM
I need what time zones you're in, and what times you're typically able to play.

Also who's what civ.

thirsting
2016-07-02, 02:42 PM
Europe, but playing times can vary wildly, so doesn't really matter much where you put me.

7th son of sons
2016-07-02, 02:46 PM
I am the Russians. I'm on most times of the day/night, just to check in. Eastern Time Zone if it matters.

Zevox
2016-07-02, 03:23 PM
Eastern US time zone, typically play in the evening on weekdays, anytime on Saturdays, morning or afternoon Sundays. Playing Arabia.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-02, 05:00 PM
Venice, GMT. Can play any time for most of the week.

DodgerH2O
2016-07-02, 07:56 PM
England, GMT -7, most weekdays it seems I take my turns around 2-3 AM UTC if the converter website is correct.

OrcusMcP
2016-07-02, 11:49 PM
Oh dang, I just realized if the new GMR doesn't handle the download-play-upload cycle required for us Mac users I'll have to drop out.

But anyway, Shoshone, GMT-4.

Zevox
2016-07-04, 10:53 AM
I need what time zones you're in, and what times you're typically able to play.

Also who's what civ.
Psst, Driderman, The_Snark, I think we're waiting on you two answering this before we get started.

The_Snark
2016-07-05, 05:04 AM
India here; I'm afraid time zone is going to be shifting quite a bit over the next 6 months to a year, and I tend to keep irregular hours anyway...

Driderman
2016-07-05, 10:04 AM
GMT + 0 (or maybe +1, I can never figure out those daylight savings), I'll play Portugal.

thirsting
2016-07-07, 08:54 AM
*prods Illven*

Illven
2016-07-07, 01:53 PM
Okay, game started. It's configuring I think?

Driderman
2016-07-07, 02:19 PM
That Portuguese flag on selected nation looks suspiciously like a Songhai symbol from where I'm sitting...

Illven
2016-07-07, 02:48 PM
That Portuguese flag on selected nation looks suspiciously like a Songhai symbol from where I'm sitting...

Ah dammit, I realized what happened. You had random, and neither of us corrected it...

Please use this link.
draka39313SettlerUnknown or EmptyRandom+ Invite 8 Open SlotsJoinAdd AI PlayerAllow multiple players to join an existing game slotInvitationsInvite Token 8 uses remaininghttp://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Games/4293/Players/OM0R2WV3CE5-

thirsting
2016-07-07, 03:25 PM
O_o

....I don't know what happened with that copy-paste, but here's the cleaned up link:

http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Games/4293/Players/OM0R2WV3CE5-

And yes, it's for everyone apparently. Click it to join the game 17. Again.

Edit: To those who didn't notice how to do it yet: after you have rejoined using the link above, click the small black box with three dots under your name. That's where you can find the option to change your civilization. The change is not even permanent until the game starts, so it's easy to fix it if you make a mistake or change your mind for some reason.

7th son of sons
2016-07-07, 03:35 PM
Actually, if no one minds, can I flip my civ over to Songhai? Is that cool? Been playing a lot of Russia recently.

thirsting
2016-07-07, 03:38 PM
No one else is claiming Songhai, so yeah, no reason why you couldn't :)

7th son of sons
2016-07-07, 03:40 PM
Hooray! Time to learn what Songhai can do! :smallbiggrin:

Illven
2016-07-07, 03:59 PM
O_o

....I don't know what happened with that copy-paste, but here's the cleaned up link:

http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Games/4293/Players/OM0R2WV3CE5-

And yes, it's for everyone apparently. Click it to join the game 17. Again.

Edit: To those who didn't notice how to do it yet: after you have rejoined using the link above, click the black box with three dots under your name. That's where you can find the option to change your civilization. The change is not even permanent until the game starts, so it's easy to fix it if you make a mistake or change your mind for some reason.

Clearly I am a master host!

Driderman
2016-07-07, 05:06 PM
Wow, the user interface on this newfangled robot is... odd. Oh well, looks like I'm in and set up to be Portugal.

Illven
2016-07-08, 07:50 PM
Orcus. Please re-join us! :smalltongue:

OrcusMcP
2016-07-09, 10:15 AM
Rejoined, my bad!

Illven
2016-07-09, 11:54 AM
Okay. 7th do you want to use the app, or files?

7th son of sons
2016-07-09, 03:14 PM
Dont know the difference but I think I already downloaded the app? So that

Illven
2016-07-09, 03:15 PM
Dont know the difference but I think I already downloaded the app? So that

Someone help 7th. :smalltongue:

7th son of sons
2016-07-09, 03:22 PM
I clicked play turn, and it's opening the game now, so... I think it worked? Also there's a nifty little pop-up that tells me when it's my turn

Edit: I thought it would be straightforward, I don't know that it is. Plz help X.X

Zevox
2016-07-09, 03:46 PM
I clicked play turn, and it's opening the game now, so... I think it worked? Also there's a nifty little pop-up that tells me when it's my turn

Edit: I thought it would be straightforward, I don't know that it is. Plz help X.X
If it's like the old version, you should be able to find the save file for it under the Hot Seat option in the game's multiplayer section. Otherwise, you download and upload the file through either the app or the website - just make sure to save after you take your turn and the app will prompt you to upload it automatically once you close the game (again, if it's like the old one).

7th son of sons
2016-07-09, 04:03 PM
Oh, that's it. That was simpler than expected :P

Zevox
2016-07-09, 05:04 PM
...well, it was considerably less easy for me, since the app wasn't working at all and the website made both downloading and uploading more difficult than it should be, but I got my first turn in.

OrcusMcP
2016-07-09, 09:01 PM
Whoever just finished their turn (Songhai?) uploaded the wrong save. Reverting.

EDIT: Or, at least, I tried to revert but I don't know if it worked. May need admin magic.

Zevox
2016-07-09, 09:28 PM
Okay, I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point. I can't get the new tray app to work for downloading or uploading saves - the thing just seems to exist to link me back to the site, and telling the site to download through it is completely not working - so I downloaded directly from the site. But the site has no manual button for uploading, and trying to upload as Illven says by just dragging the file from my folder onto the web page is not working, and apparently when it appeared to work after numerous tries earlier it didn't even upload the right file. :smallmad:

Does anybody understand this thing enough to help here? I know it's new, so...

Zevox
2016-07-10, 12:48 PM
Okay, well, for some reason when I woke up and started my PC back up today the tray app decided to start working. So, that's weird but good. Try it now Orcus, hopefully it auto-uploaded the right thing this time.

OrcusMcP
2016-07-10, 06:40 PM
Okay, it loaded up fine, but now I have no idea how to submit my turn (have to do the manual download).

Illven
2016-07-10, 06:46 PM
Take the save file from your documents and click and drag it to the webpage.

OrcusMcP
2016-07-11, 06:28 AM
Take the save file from your documents and click and drag it to the webpage.

Alright, now it's endlessly processing. I hope this goes through.

EDIT: Success, looks like it finally submitted!

Driderman
2016-07-12, 03:40 PM
Damn this is some wonky ****.

Using the app didn't work at all, and when I try to drag n drop the save file to the website as instructed, I lose connection and it just saves the file on my harddrive.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-12, 04:21 PM
I'm constantly being told I've lost connection just checking the site. Might just be being temper-mental.

Illven
2016-07-12, 04:22 PM

Using the app didn't work at all, and when I try to drag n drop the save file to the website as instructed, I lose connection and it just saves the file on my harddrive.

Thristing any advice?

Zevox
2016-07-12, 06:11 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting, until the app just spontaneously decided to work the next day.

thirsting
2016-07-13, 12:30 AM
Thristing any advice?

Nope. My save apparently got sent automatically, all I did was save the game. *shrug*

Um, might be the Multiplayer Robot servers are not very stabile yet, go occasionally offline, and you just have to try again later? I don't know what I'm talking about though, just guessing.

Edit: Actually, hm. If you are one of those people who almost never close their computer, try doing that. The app might require a computer restart. Again, just guessing.

Driderman
2016-07-13, 04:57 AM
Still couldn't get it to work and now the save was gone too, so I reverted the turn. So far, not impressed with this version of the multiplayer robot or it's (lack of) documentation.

EDIT: Looks like I might not even be able to revert the game turn :smallconfused:
Well, now everything worked out, turn done and submitted.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-13, 07:49 AM
I have no idea what I just achieved.

Illven
2016-07-13, 12:42 PM
YAY! We completed our first turn.

I'm guessing no one wants a timer installed just yet?

The_Snark
2016-07-13, 02:57 PM
Probably safest to wait a few turns for that, yeah. Once we've got the basics of the interface down, we can see which problems aren't user error and whether those are going to cause delays.

Illven
2016-07-13, 03:06 PM
Probably safest to wait a few turns for that, yeah. Once we've got the basics of the interface down, we can see which problems aren't user error and whether those are going to cause delays.

One hour turn timer, got it! :smalltongue:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-13, 04:44 PM
Am I jumping the gun?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/452993234506470051/B721E625CEE878FCB514CA1B809C5D9FBF6D4BD9/

"Our lord, the great Doge Enrico Dandalo did climb upon the hill and behold the ocean and say 'here i shall found a great city' and so our city was founded."

Zevox
2016-07-13, 05:50 PM
Edit: Actually, hm. If you are one of those people who almost never close their computer, try doing that. The app might require a computer restart. Again, just guessing.
That is not the issue, at least with me. I shut my PC down every night and almost every time I leave my home.

Driderman
2016-07-14, 11:33 AM
Hah, almost clicked that spoiler until I remembered that I'm actually a player this time around.

Also yeah, we should probably hold off on the turn timer for just a bit until we get into groove of things.

thirsting
2016-07-15, 12:12 AM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/BBharmony_zpshncgm9ut.jpg (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/BBharmony_zpshncgm9ut.jpg.html)

Oh gods, looks like it's a place where it's cold three months a year, and FREAKING COLD for the rest nine. Not happy at all about this spot, but it seems there's only tundra everywhere around this little oasis, so we have no real choise. Have to do with what the gods have given us.

But honestly, we are lucky, too. At least the very nearby mountain offers spectacular views, and the river ensures our people can get a decent living from fishing. The fields near river are relatively easy to irrigate, too. Just have to hope the climate is not too cold for farming..

((started between game and dyes, but decided to use up a turn to move next to a mountain - it'll allow our capital to build an observatory, which will be really, really good for science generation later in the game))

The_Snark
2016-07-15, 12:41 PM
Tired of hunting and gathering all day? Weary of those endless hilly landscapes? Just eager for adventure? Come visit the scenic city of DELHI! Surrounded by lush jungle and exotic fruit, our city boasts quaint rustic lodges and quality hand-made goods. It might be small now, but the growth potential is huge! Be the first to see this lovely city! Tell your friends!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/secondrandom/Turn%201%20-%20Delhi_zpsxzepcilk.jpg

This message brought to you by the Delhi Board of Tourism

Greetings, stranger! This is unexpected. Our scenic home lies just to the north; where do you come from?

OrcusMcP
2016-07-15, 02:05 PM
Greetings, stranger! This is unexpected. Our scenic home lies just to the north; where do you come from?

Hail and welcome, travellers. We greet you in friendship. Your land lies to the North? Then we are brothers of the river, for we lay to the South.

DodgerH2O
2016-07-15, 09:27 PM
OOC: Forgot to take a turn 1 screenshot, but here's England's beginning:
http://i.imgur.com/DuZrQOu.jpg(http://i.imgur.com/DuZrQOu.jpg)

OOC: Not really happy with this start, but not dissatisfied either. Unfortunately my latest turn revealed tundra to my east so I'm worried a bit about expansion possibilities. With desert to my north and tundra eastward I fear I'm in the southern portion of the map, separated from richer lands by water and desert.

Plans are to scout and try to develop Calendar fairly quickly. I'm feeling like a religion is less important to me than a pantheon to use the deer and/or plantations near my capital so will probably build a shrine after a granary, and rely on Tradition to get my monument. It's really too early for more concrete plans, those will depend on who and what my scouts find in the next few dozen turns.

Driderman
2016-07-18, 12:48 PM
Would be awesome if Zevox would take his turn, or let us know why he's not at the very least

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-18, 01:17 PM
Would be awesome if Zevox would take his turn, or let us know why he's not at the very least

How dare you beat me into being so passive aggressive.

:smallwink:

this was intended as humour only

7th son of sons
2016-07-18, 03:04 PM
What goes in the Spectator posts? I assume it's something I shouldn't look at

Illven
2016-07-18, 03:31 PM

Correct. Typically it's showing off where you are at to people not in the game.

Zevox
2016-07-18, 04:34 PM
When did it become my turn? I had a lot going on this weekend, but I did leave the GMR clients open, and the only one I recall pinging at me all weekend was 16.

In any case, done.

VoxRationis
2016-07-18, 05:03 PM
What map type is this?

The_Snark
2016-07-18, 05:15 PM
I believe we ended up going with Terra. (Two large continents + a few islands, everyone starts on a single landmass and the other is separated by ocean)

Driderman
2016-07-19, 06:33 AM
When did it become my turn? I had a lot going on this weekend, but I did leave the GMR clients open, and the only one I recall pinging at me all weekend was 16.

In any case, done.

No idea to be honest but as far as I could tell from the confuse-a-tron it was your turn for 2 days? Or maybe I misread it.

thirsting
2016-07-19, 06:55 AM

As a spectator, what I'd like to see is screenshots and/or some commentary of starting spot, war efforts, neat quirks of the map, thoughts on the state of the game, anything else cool you might think of and want to show off, but don't want other players to see. Some people post dozens of screenshots weekly, others hardly ever. None of that is required of course if you don't feel like doing spectator posts. But it's nice to read and see how things go from everyone's perspective.

Driderman
2016-07-20, 02:41 PM
Submitted my turn, had to restart the app to get it right though so maybe it gets glitchy if you leave it on for longer.

The grand Portuguese capital of Lisbon:
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/foksanen/20160720212011_1_zpsmfrfjqda.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/foksanen/media/20160720212011_1_zpsmfrfjqda.jpg.html)
Not too stoked about my location but it's not too shabby. River, 2 luxuries and stone. Might need a worker sooner rather than later to clear out the marsh.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/foksanen/20160720212146_1_zpsbwnmggud.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/foksanen/media/20160720212146_1_zpsbwnmggud.jpg.html)

Planning to build a scout, a monument and then probably another scout, then get started on a granary. Policy-wise I'll probably open Tradition and then go Liberty for the extra Settler, grab a second city somewhat quickly and then, if the situation allows found a 3rd as well as quickly as possible, preferably all 3 coastal.

VoxRationis
2016-07-21, 12:42 AM
Submitted my turn, had to restart the app to get it right though so maybe it gets glitchy if you leave it on for longer.

The grand Portuguese capital of Lisbon:
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/foksanen/20160720212011_1_zpsmfrfjqda.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/foksanen/media/20160720212011_1_zpsmfrfjqda.jpg.html)
Not too stoked about my location but it's not too shabby. River, 2 luxuries and stone. Might need a worker sooner rather than later to clear out the marsh.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/foksanen/20160720212146_1_zpsbwnmggud.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/foksanen/media/20160720212146_1_zpsbwnmggud.jpg.html)

Planning to build a scout, a monument and then probably another scout, then get started on a granary. Policy-wise I'll probably open Tradition and then go Liberty for the extra Settler, grab a second city somewhat quickly and then, if the situation allows found a 3rd as well as quickly as possible, preferably all 3 coastal.

It's unfortunate that your starting resources are down the mining path, rather than Calendar/Pottery/Sailing, on account of your being Portugal and all.

Driderman
2016-07-21, 04:22 AM
It's unfortunate that your starting resources are down the mining path, rather than Calendar/Pottery/Sailing, on account of your being Portugal and all.

There's cocoa too, though, so it's not all bad but yeah, some more plantation-luxes would have been nice

Closet_Skeleton
2016-07-21, 07:36 AM
The Venetian scouting party came across a small village.

"We are soldiers from the city of Venice," the head scout announced. "We come in peace in search of trade opportunities."

The villagers panicked and the local elder prostrated himself before the Venetians crying; "please don't kill us, you can have our treasure!"

"Relax and stand up," replied the Venetian. "We seek only to trade for your gold."

"Gladly my lord, if you spare my life you can take our gold in exchange."

"I say again, relax. We have not come to take your lives, we would exchange the products of our city for your gold in a mutually beneficial relationship."

"What products would you have to trade?" asked a villager suspiciously.

"Well, we aren't actually producing anything right now and this military unit is all that Venice has, but in the future we will have stuff to sell."

The village elder stood up and looked at the Venetians confused. "So, you want to trade for our gold instead of just intimidating us into giving it up, but all you have to trade are your intimidating military?"

"Er..."

"If you take our money," suggested the village elder, "Would you just leave already?"

As the village faded into the distance behind the Venetians, a young soldier turned to one of his fellows and said "well, this hasn't been the best start."
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446238244526766243/C61A0CCB92B3814C866AC9DC623B9EB922E1B17C/

7th son of sons
2016-07-21, 01:48 PM
It says it's my turn, but I can't load the game. It says I have no Hot Seat games to load

Illven
2016-07-21, 02:28 PM
Thristing, fix this!

thirsting
2016-07-21, 02:38 PM
Can't, forgot my sonic screwdriver into the other phone booth. You fix it!.

Um, try again? Restart everything? Kick it, punch it, then kick it again? *shrug*

So are you unable to use this (http://new.multiplayerrobot.com/#Games/4293) page to load the save? (That's how I do it; keep the app open, but download the save using the web page - I don't even know if there's any other way)

Illven
2016-07-21, 02:41 PM
It says it's my turn, but I can't load the game. It says I have no Hot Seat games to load

Okay, try now?

7th son of sons
2016-07-22, 10:26 AM
Still nothing :/ Ill try it again after work.

7th son of sons
2016-07-22, 04:24 PM
And now it says it's not even my turn anymore :smallfrown:

Illven
2016-07-22, 04:31 PM
And now it says it's not even my turn anymore :smallfrown:

Did you go to the website?

7th son of sons
2016-07-23, 11:30 AM
any chance we can just skip my turn and hope it fixes itself or someone figures out what's up?

Illven
2016-07-23, 01:16 PM
any chance we can just skip my turn and hope it fixes itself or someone figures out what's up?

Done. Let's see what happens.

thirsting
2016-07-24, 12:48 PM
Zevox, your turn, in case you didn't notice again :p

Zevox
2016-07-24, 11:52 PM
Zevox, your turn, in case you didn't notice again :p
Seriously? Cripes, this new client is just not telling me when that happens :smallsigh: .
...and of course it does as soon as I boot it up after you tell me that. What the hell? :smallconfused:

...and now it's screwing up and thinking I'm Songhai. What the heck is up with this thing? :smallconfused:

Illven
2016-07-24, 11:52 PM
Zevox is getting Songhai's turn.

I reverted back to Songhai. Let's see if that does anything.

Illven
2016-07-26, 12:40 AM
7th? Are you having issues with your turn?

thirsting
2016-07-26, 01:01 AM
Tried double-reverting yet? That helped sometimes, in the old gmr.

7th son of sons
2016-07-26, 07:33 PM
Alright, let's try this thing.

Edit: Worked Like a Dream

Driderman
2016-07-27, 03:50 AM
Just a heads up, I'm leaving for a music festival thing tomorrow and won't be back until monday or sunday, in case it becomes my turn during.

Illven
2016-07-27, 04:28 AM
Alright, let's try this thing.

Edit: Worked Like a Dream

It's still showing your turn?

7th son of sons
2016-07-27, 06:17 AM
Whoops. That one was on me. Forgot to hit Save. :smallredface:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-01, 03:21 AM
Sorry, forgot to say that I was also going to a music festival this weekend. Meant to go into vacation mode but it slipped my mind.

7th son of sons
2016-08-02, 01:47 PM
A little later than the others but:

http://imgur.com/X9M8FcW

I am King Askia of Songhai. Long have my people lived upon these rivers and these hills, but now, in the dawning of a new age, have we built this: The Great City of Gao. Our warriors have already brought new of an expansive desert to our west, and some of our ancients pointed us in the direction of another city. A neighbor, it seems. We will see how diplomacy treats us. The people of Songhai are no strangers to taking what we need. But, for now, we seek only a place in this world.

Short of it: Moved onto Diamonds to grab a mountain for later, and some extra gold per turn now. Grabbed two Ancient Ruins: One for Animal Husbandry (No Horses in Gao) and one a Map. Building scouts to hunt for horses, and hoping pottery can get me a nice religion later on. Currently thinking tradition because this land is pretty hard to work right now, but might go piety and power up my religion. We shall see.

DodgerH2O
2016-08-03, 08:38 PM
So... anyone not using the app and managed to get a password set? No matter what I try it never seems to stick. And unlike the previous GMR I can't find anywhere to set the password on the webpage.

Driderman
2016-08-04, 10:08 AM
So... anyone not using the app and managed to get a password set? No matter what I try it never seems to stick. And unlike the previous GMR I can't find anywhere to set the password on the webpage.

I gave up on the password after the first five tries.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-10, 11:58 AM
2 days since last turn:smallfrown:

Driderman
2016-08-11, 07:30 AM
Sorry, my mistake, I kinda forgot to check :smallredface:

OrcusMcP
2016-08-11, 09:54 AM
FYI, going on vacation on Saturday, not back until the 24th.

Illven
2016-08-11, 02:55 PM

On that note.

Greetings from the land of the Poles!

~Chieftain Casimir.

OrcusMcP
2016-08-11, 04:30 PM
On that note.

Greetings from the land of the Poles!

~Chieftain Casimir.

Many greetings upon you, good Casimir. I am Pocatello.

May I ask what your lands are like? We live in the shadow of great mountains and are fed by mighty rivers and woods.

Illven
2016-08-11, 04:31 PM
It is the worst. Jungle and Marsh everywhere it blows.

~Chieftain Casimir.

Zevox
2016-08-11, 05:07 PM
Sorry, my mistake, I kinda forgot to check :smallredface:
Yeah, the new client not always alerting you when it's your turn is a real pain.

thirsting
2016-08-14, 01:06 AM

Did you try to set the vacation mode on? I think you should be able to set a second player in command of your civ, too, if you know someone suitable. Not sure if either of those features are functional yet though...

Otherwise, turn timer time?

Illven
2016-08-14, 01:17 AM
Other people, what do you think?

DodgerH2O
2016-08-14, 02:09 PM
Well, I'll be out of town this coming weekend and also back early-middle of next week. So I'm ok with a pause.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-14, 03:12 PM
I'm out to my grandparents for mon-thur.

OrcusMcP
2016-08-23, 03:08 PM
I am back, I missed the options Thirsting volunteered. Tried going on Vacation mode, so hopefully it worked.

DodgerH2O
2016-08-23, 08:17 PM
The people of Eagleland have discovered a nomadic tribe in the deserts to the northwest of Onett. These people saw the benefits of joining our hunters and taught us the way to domesticate herd animals. Unfortunately no suitable riding animals lie within our current region, but our hunters have gained great insight into the movement of less social creatures, and have theorized a central site for the harvest of our abundant local deer. Alas, our shamans insist that we learn to study the paths of the stars, and our hunters will need to wait many seasons before we can indulge their fancies.

OOC: Found a ruin, got Animal Husbandry, which does not currently help as I've no horses, sheep, or cows, but I do have plenty of deer and that's one step closer to Trapping. I'm definitely going for an early pantheon, going to go Tradition and pump up my first 3 or so cities with lots of food. I think I have the luxuries to support early settlement of my second city, so I'll probably start a settler once I have a Shrine, Granary, and Monument in my capital. Possibly an Archer as well, if a camp spawns too near my intended spot.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-25, 02:05 AM
Driderman, just in case you haven't noticed this game has restarted and aren't indisposed, its been your turn for 22 hrs.

Now I feel really rude:smallredface:

Driderman
2016-08-25, 04:25 AM
Well I forgot to check yesterday, which of course was the day it became my turn, so thanks for the heads up :smallsmile:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-26, 03:59 AM
I of course then precede to be a hypocrite and then not notice for 23 hrs. :smallsigh:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446241729577182107/51167883DFE19A7772C4BF477081B7611A3B7AE6/

My scout pick up what for me is the best early ruin gain, allowing me to open tradition for than +3 culture per turn and more than make up for training those scouts over building a monolith monument.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446241729577182292/B0E570344F30FFDF1460047EB8CC5EF85DEB254A/

So naturally, next turn my soldiers pick up some much less useful maps, but at least they show me a city state border.

I'm one turn away from finishing my monument and researching pottery. Then I'll build a granary for +1 to those two deer I'm currently working. Might even buy some tiles to get the third deer in Venice's range. Then I can go for sailing to boost this food focused strategy further.

thirsting
2016-08-30, 07:48 AM
Portugal's turn again..

Now I feel really rude:smallredface:

This is how everyone's meant to feel, all the time. :smallredface:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-08-31, 03:45 PM
Greetings from the City of Venice.

We hope to have many business opportunities soon if you are friendly.

Our city is at the mouth of a river by a body of water diagonally north behind us. Information on the whereabouts of your lands would be welcome.

Driderman
2016-09-01, 06:08 AM
Sorry, I was sick and braining was (is) hard :)

Zevox
2016-09-03, 11:30 AM
Psst, 7th/Songhai, it's your turn.

(Wow, this new GMR is just really terrible at informing people when their turn comes, isn't it?)

DodgerH2O
2016-09-03, 02:24 PM
(Wow, this new GMR is just really terrible at informing people when their turn comes, isn't it?)

As I don't use the app it's far inferior to the prior one, requiring me to log in (and therefore be at home) before I can check where in the turn order the game stands, whereas with "Old" GMR I can go to the page for the individual game or my profile page and see on any device with a web browser.

So apologies in advance if I don't keep up as well, though I guess I'm not alone in that.

DodgerH2O
2016-09-06, 09:46 PM
We are glad to know that settlements exist across the vast desert. Our primary settlement lies just at the southeastern border of the desert where it meets the ocean and wooded tundra.

thirsting
2016-09-07, 02:17 AM
We are mere explorers from Siamese lands, only wishing to pass by near your city, and heading North-West. We are not a threat, please do not shoot neither rocks not arrows at us.

Driderman
2016-09-07, 07:20 AM
Behold, the magic of submitting your turn only 5 hours after it became yours!

OrcusMcP
2016-09-10, 08:48 PM
So. It has come to this.

I have too many things on my plate, and in a couple weeks I will be away for almost a month. As such, I need to re-prioritize things and the GMRs are something that has to be put down. Anyone care to take over the Shoshone from me? Things have not gone far so you'll have plenty of room to maneuver.

DodgerH2O
2016-09-10, 08:54 PM
I'm getting a repeat of last turn. Reverting for now.

Edit: Or attempting to revert. Not getting a UI confirmation on the reversion.

Illven
2016-09-10, 09:03 PM
I'm getting a repeat of last turn. Reverting for now.

Edit: Or attempting to revert. Not getting a UI confirmation on the reversion.

I believe I fixed it.

Orcus could you take this last turn before you leave the game?

OrcusMcP
2016-09-11, 09:12 AM
I believe I fixed it.

Orcus could you take this last turn before you leave the game?

I saw the same issue, it's my old turn.

I'm fine to continue playing for this week, but I wanted to give people a heads up.

DodgerH2O
2016-09-12, 09:09 PM
I saw the same issue, it's my old turn.

Do you mean because of the reversion (your most recent turn) or the turn before that?

I retook my turn anyway, because at least it'll keep things moving instead of stopping to find out how far back we need to revert.

thirsting
2016-09-13, 01:46 AM
I think someone just forgot to save. And yeah, likely smart and faster to just keep going, than trying to fix it with reverts or something

7th son of sons
2016-09-14, 02:11 PM
I've taken the same turn three times in rotation now, I don't know what's happening. At first I thought I didn't save, but I made sure of it. Any ideas?

Zevox
2016-09-14, 06:07 PM
I've taken the same turn three times in rotation now, I don't know what's happening. At first I thought I didn't save, but I made sure of it. Any ideas?
Not sure, but I just encountered the same issue - started my new turn, and it's exactly the same as the last turn I took. :smallconfused:

Illven
2016-09-14, 06:27 PM
Not sure, but I just encountered the same issue - started my new turn, and it's exactly the same as the last turn I took. :smallconfused:

I saved and uploaded my turn?....

And I could have sworn mine was different then last time?

DodgerH2O
2016-09-14, 08:58 PM
I'm getting a repeat of last turn.

So. Anyone who has taken turn 8 (for me it's been turn 8) twice as of right now came after the hiccup. Anyone who has taken it three times means the same thing happened again, right? So on whose turn did it begin repeating a third time?

Edit: Wait, Illven you got a new turn (turn 9?) finally? If so then we're out of the loop.

Illven
2016-09-14, 09:32 PM
So. Anyone who has taken turn 8 (for me it's been turn 8) twice as of right now came after the hiccup. Anyone who has taken it three times means the same thing happened again, right? So on whose turn did it begin repeating a third time?

Edit: Wait, Illven you got a new turn (turn 9?) finally? If so then we're out of the loop.

I'm before 7th and Zevox. So while I thought I had a new turn, the say they didn't.

thirsting
2016-09-15, 12:44 AM
In case it helps narrow down on the problem: I did the same turn twice so far, and am pretty sure I saved both times.

...will stop trying to troubleshoot anything though, I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Driderman
2016-09-15, 02:38 AM
I saved and uploaded my turn?....

And I could have sworn mine was different then last time?

Pretty sure my turn was a new turn, but not 100%. I'll be able to tell next time since stuff in my city should be finished next turn.

Illven
2016-09-15, 02:42 AM
So if I'm hearing this right. Half of us are pretty sure we're stalled out. Half of us are pretty sure we're advancing.....

GMR powered by black magic?

Driderman
2016-09-15, 06:37 AM
Seems like GMR is having a bad day. Got a notification it was my turn but neither app nor webpage works for me now :smalleek:

Zevox
2016-09-15, 11:29 AM
Seems like GMR is having a bad day. Got a notification it was my turn but neither app nor webpage works for me now :smalleek:
That shouldn't happen. I did not take my turn after seeing it was a repeat, so it should still be mine.

Driderman
2016-09-15, 04:07 PM
That shouldn't happen. I did not take my turn after seeing it was a repeat, so it should still be mine.

Well it's your turn now so I guess everything's good again. Maybe.

Zevox
2016-09-15, 10:50 PM
Okay, since nobody seemed to have any ideas what to do about the situation, I went ahead and took - or re-took - my turn.

For the record, according to what I played, that was turn 8.

Driderman
2016-09-17, 06:34 PM
Yup, that was a very familiar, Groundhog Day kind of turn

The_Snark
2016-09-17, 06:51 PM
Same - I believe this was the 3rd time through for me.

Is it possible to identify where the game is hiccuping? Does it flip back to the previous turn at the end of the round between Venice and Poland, or...? Would reverting back to turn 7 or thereabouts help?

DodgerH2O
2016-09-17, 07:09 PM
Same - I believe this was the 3rd time through for me.

Is it possible to identify where the game is hiccuping? Does it flip back to the previous turn at the end of the round between Venice and Poland, or...? Would reverting back to turn 7 or thereabouts help?

Seems like we can count back, was 7th the first person to get three repeats? I totally could have accidentally uploaded the wrong save, but AFAIK nobody else reported having to repeat a turn before I did, so I assume it wasn't on my turn. And I definitely triple checked the last two turns before uploading.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-09-18, 02:03 AM
Just played my turn and its definitely the same as the last two times since I remember being 5 turns away from my granary.

Last screenshot I took was turn 6 on 31st of august and has my granary 6 turns away. GMR agrees I took a turn then. So the turns I took on 7th, 13th and 18th will all have been turn 8.

Illven
2016-09-18, 02:24 AM
Okay I took my turn it said it was turn 9. I uploaded turn 9.

7th son of sons
2016-09-19, 12:11 AM
worked just fine for me this time. We're back on track!

Welcome to glorious Kingdom of Songhai. King Askia greets you, and invites you to pass through our lands. We do not seek conflict, only expansion. May this day be great for us both.

Illven
2016-09-22, 03:58 PM
Greetings from the near west, we the Polish people are glad to meet the Indians. Do you feel comfortable discussing settlement locations?

~Casimir leader of Poland.

In other news. My photobucket seems to be working again!

Here's a spectator update since it's been so long!

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-01_zpsz4xihypt.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-01_zpsz4xihypt.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-02_zpsmo00chv0.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-02_zpsmo00chv0.jpg.html)

Casimir sendss the military out into the wilderness, leaving nothing for home defense, all in an attempt to find other tribes.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-03_zpsxiosyswh.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-03_zpsxiosyswh.jpg.html)

But Casimir's decision, as risky as it is, bares fruit. We meet the Indians.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-05_zpsi96gi67r.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-05_zpsi96gi67r.jpg.html)

Here we see, Casimir telling the scientist to locate brown four legged mammals of impeccable speed.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-06_zpsxafuyc4b.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-06_zpsxafuyc4b.jpg.html)

And the huts settled around the chieftain's tent that is named Warsaw.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-07_zpsmefa5ys6.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-07_zpsmefa5ys6.jpg.html)

Besides listening to whatever Lord Casimir says, our government has no form.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-08_zps8ez9jle6.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-08_zps8ez9jle6.jpg.html)

The scholars say we are tied for best in literacy, tied for worst in available land.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-09_zps0sfeeklw.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-09_zps0sfeeklw.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/9-22-10_zpsmuyjdbfg.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/9-22-10_zpsmuyjdbfg.jpg.html)

And our empire's accumulated info on our foes.

thatSeniorGuy
2016-09-22, 05:54 PM
Yay spectator update! Thanks Illven!

VoxRationis
2016-09-22, 06:59 PM
Huzzah! Long live Ilven!

Driderman
2016-09-24, 02:11 AM
Songhai Arabia, you're up! :smallsmile:

The_Snark
2016-09-26, 12:03 PM
Greetings and welcome! We would be happy to work out an agreement on acceptable borders, but we haven't explored very far south or west, and have no idea how close your people lie. We believe our plans for expansion are modest, but without knowing the scope of this land it's hard to say how true that is...

If you would like, we could exchange maps of the relevant territory so that we can come to a decision sooner?

Driderman
2016-09-30, 01:34 AM
Tried to take my turn but had issues with uploading the save. Unfortunately I probably won't be home again for the next 24 hours or so, so I'm afraid it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-09-30, 01:50 AM
Its Portugal's turn:smallwink:

Driderman
2016-09-30, 02:49 AM
And will be for quite some time :smallamused:

Closet_Skeleton
2016-09-30, 03:02 AM
Fair enough.:smallcool:

Driderman
2016-10-01, 03:24 AM
Turn done!

7th son of sons
2016-10-05, 05:07 PM
my game's saying it's my turn, but when I load the file it's Arabia's turn?

Illven
2016-10-05, 05:36 PM
I'll try reverting and resending the turn

Driderman
2016-10-08, 11:03 AM
Still(again? currently?) Arabia's turn and has been for a while. Is the savegame situation resolved or ongoing?

Zevox
2016-10-08, 12:49 PM
Still(again? currently?) Arabia's turn and has been for a while. Is the savegame situation resolved or ongoing?
Only situation, if any, would be the client not telling me when it's my turn :smallsigh: .

Driderman
2016-10-10, 04:50 PM
Took a few attempts and downloads, but my turn is done. Venezia, take it away!

7th son of sons
2016-10-12, 09:43 AM
Loaded up, Arabia again :/

Illven
2016-10-12, 11:38 AM
I resubmitted my turn, let me know if that helps.

thirsting
2016-10-13, 06:24 AM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Siam131016_zpsd4mxjfg1.jpg (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Siam131016_zpsd4mxjfg1.jpg.html)
Life's cold and tough out here. Barbarians, tundra, snow, ice. Hills and mountains embedded with rocks and hard gray minerals. Why did we decide to settle here again...?

{Siamese Noble greeting the English scouts:}

Hello. It seems you have found our home. From which way did you come from, and with what intentions?

DodgerH2O
2016-10-13, 10:41 PM
The English lands lie to the west of your own, bordering the sea and a vast desert. We seek new lands for settlement and new people with whom to trade. Hopefully your people are amenable to mutually beneficial agreements in the future.

Across the desert northwest of our capital live the people of Venice, near a few small city-states. Do the Siamese know of any other major civilizations or landmarks?

thirsting
2016-10-14, 04:46 PM
There is a large city North East from ours. We do not know them yet. But they are there. And we are jealous of them. Although not far from us, the climate there seems much more tolerable than what our patch of ice, tundra and cold winds have to offer.

Other than that, we know no other peoples.

Illven
2016-10-14, 05:09 PM
Greetings from the world of the Polish!

~From the hand of Chieftain Casimir the Great.

Driderman
2016-10-16, 12:34 PM
Songhai, you're up

Illven
2016-10-19, 10:22 PM
Greetings Songhai from the world of Poland from our Chieftain Casimir the third.

(OOC Also take your turn :smalltongue: )

7th son of sons
2016-10-20, 04:10 PM
Well met, Chieftan Casimir. You stand before Chief Askia of the nation of Songhai. We seek only safe passage, and a safe future for our people.

Illven
2016-10-24, 03:28 PM
There would be a spectator update but photobucket is down...

RagingKrikkit
2016-10-25, 12:37 AM
Hey, all. So, Illven and I were just screwing around over Steam chat, and it looks like I'm taking up the Shoshone mantle for you all. Here's hoping the AI hasn't screwed me too hard...

Illven
2016-10-27, 08:51 PM
RagingKrikkit can't seem to submit his turn. Any ideas what would be causing that?

RagingKrikkit
2016-10-27, 08:53 PM
To be more specific: the submitting function is responding to dragging the save over the page, but nothing's happening when I drop it.

DodgerH2O
2016-10-27, 09:20 PM
I don't know that I can help but the way I've managed to submit is by clicking and dragging onto the turn page, then a loading bar appears at the bottom, and when it fills I get no indication that it was successful. I wait a few minutes and then log off, and the next player's turn queues up.

RagingKrikkit
2016-10-27, 09:49 PM
Nope, I'm not getting a loading bar, and I've now rotated through Microsoft Edge, IE 11 and Firefox with no result. Perhaps it has something to do with browser plugins?

DodgerH2O
2016-10-27, 10:44 PM
Do you use anything that would block javascript? If so that would definitely be worth disabling to test. Otherwise I'm out of ideas, other than trying to contact the site directly.

RagingKrikkit
2016-10-28, 12:27 AM
For the purpose of keeping things moving, I have handed over my turn to the AI, I don't think they can screw me too hard with one turn.

7th son of sons
2016-10-30, 02:51 PM
I'm Arabia again :smallsigh:

Illven
2016-10-30, 03:20 PM
I'm Arabia again :smallsigh:

I reverted and re submitted my turn, does that help.

Illven
2016-10-31, 07:48 PM
Apparently reverting didn't work, any suggestions?

7th son of sons
2016-11-01, 07:22 PM
toss my turn to the AI, I wasn't doin' nothing important

Zevox
2016-11-02, 10:44 PM
Okay, and now I'm getting given Sonhai's turn. The heck is going on with this thing?

Reverting.

Illven
2016-11-02, 10:46 PM
Do you trust each other to play each other's turns? :smallconfused:

Driderman
2016-11-03, 06:59 AM
Do you trust each other to play each other's turns? :smallconfused:

Well I'd prefer not to but at this point in the game I doubt it should be too much of an issue.

Illven
2016-11-06, 12:01 AM
Okay, 7th, Zevox. Am I reverting and we trying this again, are you playing each other's turns? What?

Zevox
2016-11-06, 12:55 AM
I was assuming 7th would try again after my revert and report whether she was still having the issue. Assuming so, though... it would be nice to try reverting to you, see if that fixes it. I guess we can play each other's turns once if absolutely need be, but if we get back around and it still thinks we're the wrong nations, we're going to need to address that somehow.

Zevox
2016-11-07, 12:19 AM
I'm guessing things worked when you tried it again 7th? Because I got my turn properly this time.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-11-08, 02:09 PM
Portugal, 'tis been your turn for a day now.

thirsting
2016-11-13, 12:59 AM
It's been a week now..

Illven
2016-11-13, 01:01 AM
I'll be skipping his turn tomorrow.

Closet_Skeleton
2016-11-13, 02:22 PM
Played a turn, won't be surprised if it has to be reverted back to Portugal due to a weird issue I had when it loaded.

Illven
2016-11-13, 02:46 PM
Played a turn, won't be surprised if it has to be reverted back to Portugal due to a weird issue I had when it loaded.

Everything went fine on my end.

Spectator update to come shortly.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-01_zpsa1fmrww2.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-01_zpsa1fmrww2.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-02_zps12sw5euk.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-02_zps12sw5euk.jpg.html)

Here we see the scouting forces commissioned by Chieftain Casimir, continue their glorious mission.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-03_zpsccconpn4.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-03_zpsccconpn4.jpg.html)

As our palace guard returns home.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-04_zps9mzyarjc.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-04_zps9mzyarjc.jpg.html)

Here we see our chieftain ordering us to find metal sources to use for tools and weapons.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-05_zpsvo6uitis.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-05_zpsvo6uitis.jpg.html)

Here we see Warsaw working on a granary to store food through the harsh winter months.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-06_zpsc0tvw0ys.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-06_zpsc0tvw0ys.jpg.html)

Casimir has promised to the people to stick to grand old ways. The ways of tradition, forever more.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-07_zpsaa1jqhfv.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-07_zpsaa1jqhfv.jpg.html)

The scholars say we are best and worst in nothing.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-08_zpsssicrx5n.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-08_zpsssicrx5n.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-09_zpsdbmkau2j.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-09_zpsdbmkau2j.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-10_zps2ed0wgs4.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-10_zps2ed0wgs4.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-11_zpsdwd4ryhc.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-11_zpsdwd4ryhc.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-12_zpsmt2mjkmx.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-12_zpsmt2mjkmx.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-13-13_zpskjxzqaed.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-13-13_zpskjxzqaed.jpg.html)

The Polish government's info on our foes.

Driderman
2016-11-13, 05:32 PM
Sorry guys, a lot of stuff was going on both personal and private so the game completely slipped my mind :smallredface:

7th son of sons
2016-11-14, 05:14 PM
I keep being Arabia :smallconfused:

Illven
2016-11-14, 05:46 PM
I keep being Arabia :smallconfused:

I reverted and resent my turn, did that do anything?

Illven
2016-11-15, 09:53 PM
7'th is their still an issue.

thirsting
2016-11-19, 06:06 PM
Shoshone, your turn.

....this game is sloooww. 12 turns in 3 months. (edit: 18 actually, the site shows wrong number for some reason. Yay, 50% less slow then!)

Driderman
2016-11-20, 12:53 PM
I thought we intended to put on a timer at some point... Now might be a reasonable time to do so, if people are up for that.

Zevox
2016-11-20, 01:46 PM
I thought we intended to put on a timer at some point... Now might be a reasonable time to do so, if people are up for that.
The question is, is this game slow because of the lack of a timer to make people take turns in a timely fashion - or is it because of the new client not informing people when their turn is? Because I've experienced the latter being the issue multiple times on my end, so I kind of suspect that's more the problem. In which case there's not really anything we can do about it on our end.

Illven
2016-11-20, 02:20 PM
I skipped the Shoshone's turn.

Illven
2016-11-27, 06:41 PM
Greetings from the world of the Polish!

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-35_zps2llamblt.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-35_zps2llamblt.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-36_zpsg47fo7wv.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-36_zpsg47fo7wv.jpg.html)

Here we see the Polish Palace guard concerned with recent barbarian activity.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-37_zpsgaajejk8.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-37_zpsgaajejk8.jpg.html)

The citizens join in the defense of their lord as well.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-38_zps6dvvrof7.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-38_zps6dvvrof7.jpg.html)

Those that performed well in the service of the defense were given titles to proclaim to their descendants about this day.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-40_zpskg4giddz.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-40_zpskg4giddz.jpg.html)

In addition our scouting band makes contact with the people of England.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-41_zpsej39j8hj.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-41_zpsej39j8hj.jpg.html)

The other one finds nothing new.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-42_zpsbaa2cl90.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-42_zpsbaa2cl90.jpg.html)

Here we see the glory of Polish science.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-43_zpsdq6qls9k.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-43_zpsdq6qls9k.jpg.html)

Along with maps of the capital.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-44_zpsnrdlh0ib.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-44_zpsnrdlh0ib.jpg.html)

Our new government forms!

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-45_zpsckarbob4.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-45_zpsckarbob4.jpg.html)

The sages say we are worst in manufactured goods, and best in nothing.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-46_zpswcvwfeov.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-46_zpswcvwfeov.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-47_zpsmbstgjhl.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-47_zpsmbstgjhl.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-48_zpsduljn5bg.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-48_zpsduljn5bg.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-49_zpsncluqgzk.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-49_zpsncluqgzk.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-50_zpsk13lewmw.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-50_zpsk13lewmw.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-51_zps1ssxfvvy.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-51_zps1ssxfvvy.jpg.html)
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/Draka393/GMR%2017/11-27-52_zps3ftbqez9.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Draka393/media/GMR%2017/11-27-52_zps3ftbqez9.jpg.html)

This is our info on the many nations we have had contact with.

RagingKrikkit
2016-11-28, 10:59 PM
I skipped the Shoshone's turn.

I thought I already skipped it... damn you, alpha builds, either accept my turn or my skip, but don't screw with both!

Illven
2016-11-28, 11:02 PM
I thought I already skipped it... damn you, alpha builds, either accept my turn or my skip, but don't screw with both!

You're still not able to submit turns? :smallconfused:

7th son of sons
2016-11-29, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know why I keep ending up as Arabia? It's getting rediculous.

Illven
2016-11-29, 03:39 PM
Because this GMr is held on spit and prayers?

I reverted and re-sent the turn. Did that help?

RagingKrikkit
2016-11-29, 07:35 PM
I discussed this notion with Illven a while ago, but with things getting this far out of hand I may as well present it here. Given that this is still a young game with (comparatively) little to fret over, I propose we restart the game on the old client. I have been made aware that some of you are currently at the cap for games on the old GMR, and I am willing to fund donations for those who need an expansion.