PDA

View Full Version : Movies Frozen's Elsa Magic Teacher: A What If

t209
2016-06-25, 04:35 PM
As you know from movie, (not sure if it should be spoilered but here I go)
In the movie, Elsa was not let out and even had her sister's memory erased of Elsa's powers. That is (somewhat) justified that there aren't wizard and people have issues with magicians to the point of call her a witch.
In my scenario, if there are any notable or at least tolerant to magic users (except big ones to destroy ecosystem, necromancy, or some crazy warp thingies) in Frozen settings, which wizards or archetype would you send Elsa to?
- Xavier school where youngsters will be taken and taught by both teachers and provide community. Examples include X-Men, PS-238, and Massachusetts Academy (Hellions' homebase).
- Hogwarts School, which combines British Boarding School (think Tom Brown and such) and magic teachings. Like former except in more idealistic settings, most people just ignore it and treat it as secluded place. Examples include Winx Club, and Harry Potter.
- Warhammer Fantasy's College of Magic. Its unique aspect is that they don't act like magic high school but more like magic college in a sense that every students are to act like professionals (trust me, even sorority members aren't known to party a lot in real life and only joined in for lodgings and food) and educated scholars. Examples include the aforemenioned WHFB's College of Magic and WH40k's Scholar Progenium, the latter being a bit "harsh".
If you were Elsa's parents and in somewhat-settings where magic users are well known enough to not have Elsa hidden along with education specializing in magic usage, which of these three archetypes would you have her enroll in?
Addendum would be noted.

Traab
2016-06-25, 04:46 PM
Xaviers school would be best. They have experience teaching people to control a wide variety of powers. Hogwarts wouldnt be much help unless her powers were altered to be that style of magic. At least with the xmen they could adapt to however her powers work because its hardly required to have an x gene to be trainable. Plus that would make my Elsa/Bobby pairing work out a lot easier.

t209
2016-06-25, 05:06 PM
Xaviers school would be best. They have experience teaching people to control a wide variety of powers. Hogwarts wouldnt be much help unless her powers were altered to be that style of magic. At least with the xmen they could adapt to however her powers work because its hardly required to have an x gene to be trainable. Plus that would make my Elsa/Bobby pairing work out a lot easier.
Or Avengers Academy if the characters doesn't want to get lynched by same people who worship avengers but hate mutants.

Traab
2016-06-25, 06:38 PM
Or Avengers Academy if the characters doesn't want to get lynched by same people who worship avengers but hate mutants.

I didnt even know avengers academy was a thing. I havent been a big comic fan in years and years and years. :smalltongue: But basically yeah. In the marvel verse she could get training no matter what the source of her power was. It could be a mutation, a mystical gift, she could have alien ancestry, be part yuki onna, whatever, they could teach her to control it. Plus they might get her in spandex which wouldnt be terrible. :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2016-06-25, 06:40 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6b/2b/45/6b2b4529beeabc61503c7d48079679ea.jpg

15th result from the top for 'superhero Elsa' in GIS. She pulls off the jumpsuit better than some of the canon characters, at least.

t209
2016-06-26, 11:38 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6b/2b/45/6b2b4529beeabc61503c7d48079679ea.jpg

15th result from the top for 'superhero Elsa' in GIS. She pulls off the jumpsuit better than some of the canon characters, at least.
At least not an attempt to make it "realistic" with all leather outfits.

Hopeless
2016-06-26, 02:49 PM
You're sure Emma Frost didn't have a hand in her fashion sense?:smallwink:

Traab
2016-06-26, 02:59 PM

Not nearly enough bare skin showing to be an Emma Frost number.

http://media.emmafrostfiles.com/comics/covers/NewWar-010-01.jpg

GloatingSwine
2016-06-26, 03:14 PM

No.

She's actually wearing something.

Anyway, Xavier's School for the Gifted is a blindingly obvious answer, given that they have extensive experience dealing with young people who have powers they have difficulty controlling and may be ashamed of and they have an experienced cryokinetic to hand.

Moak
2016-06-27, 03:40 AM
- Xavier school where youngsters will be taken and taught by both teachers and provide community.

I second this... and seems like it's what HISHE think too. Look at the ending of HISHE:Frozen, starting from around 1:30 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dach1nPbsY8)