PDA

View Full Version : Helping a friend with a character build

jangartharn1
2016-06-26, 11:51 AM
Hey guys! This thread is sort of a continuation of my "making Reinhardt in dnd 3.5." In the same campaign one of my friends needs to make a new character. (Well all of us do but he needs help with this character idea.) so pretty much my friend wants to make a character who plays as 3. Pretty much if you want you can think of it like the lost vikings. So I need help helping him design such a character. I don't think the leadership feat will work for this build just because he wants all the characters he will control to be 6th level characters. Not one 6th level character and 1 or 2 1st level "hirelings." So I need some help from the pro members of the Giants of the playground. If anybody could help me make such a build for my friend I'd be much appreciative. :)

Gildedragon
2016-06-26, 03:43 PM
??? Like one character 3 bodies?

Dvati is probably the best start

noce
2016-06-26, 04:12 PM
I don't know if what you're asking is doable.
An alternative could be to play a synad, so that you have a body but three minds.

jangartharn1
2016-06-26, 04:47 PM
To be honest it sounds like such a thing may not work. I'll wait a bit longer and see if anybody who does know how to make such a build work posts on this thread. The main reason my friend wants to this is because he loves the idea of "micro management." And thanks for all the help so far guys! :)

jangartharn1
2016-06-26, 04:50 PM
??? Like one character 3 bodies?

Dvati is probably the best start

Well mostly. I'm pretty sure he just wants to be able to control 3 characters at the same time.

MisterKaws
2016-06-26, 04:56 PM
Dvati(LA bought off by third level) Paladin 5/Beastmaster 1 with Devoted Tracker can use a cheeky ruling to make a Human(or whatever you want, really)(EDIT: Maybe Changeling to get a third Dvati?) Divine Minion of Anhur (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) Warblade 2 your mount("It's CR Paladin level -3(5-3=2) and can carry the paladin like a conventional mount, so it's legal"). The stats for the mount would end up being that of a 3th level character. The other levels come from Devoted Tracker's ability to treat your Mount as an Animal Companion, increasing it to 6HD, ECL 7, pretty much exactly the same as a non-LA Bought-Off Dvati.

The problem with this one is the fact that you'll be locked out of paladin afterwards, and there's really no way of advancing it further, other than entering a class that advances your mount, but those usually require a ton of feats, or substitute the mount(which he might not like). If your DM accepts Flaws, he would be fine if he took two, then took Holy Warrior.

The final build(with planned levels) should be something like:

1-Paladin(Holy Warrior from Complete Champion) - Mounted Combat, Track(Flaw) Ride-By-Attack(Flaw)
2-Paladin
3-Paladin(Do the Buy-off, no LA now) - Skill Focus(Handle Animal)
4-Paladin - Spirited Charge(Holy Warrior feat)
5-Paladin - Cheesy Special Mount enabled.
6-Beastmaster - Natural Bond
7-Wild Plains Outrider(Increase Special Mount)
8-Wild Plains Outrider
9-Wild Plains Outrider - Weapon Focus(Lance)
10-Cavalier
11-Cavalier
12-Cavalier - Feat
13-Cavalier
14-Cavalier
15-Cavalier - Feat
16-Cavalier
17-Cavalier
18-Cavalier - Feat
19-Cavalier
20 Beastmaster

Oh, and you can trade off effective paladin levels to advance your mount at a 1:1 ratio, so instead of having those Wild Plains Outrider and Cavalier levels increase your mount's power through the Mount's status boosts, you can just have him level up at the same rate you do.

Nousos
2016-06-26, 04:57 PM
Dvatti with an animal companion?

Sunmoner?

Psychic warrior or psion psycrystal shenanigans?

Supermount build?

Or some combination of all.

noce
2016-06-27, 07:52 AM
Well mostly. I'm pretty sure he just wants to be able to control 3 characters at the same time.

In a campaign there were only two players so we had two characters each. Different builds, different races, different XP totals, etc.
If for other players is ok, just let him play three different characters, if he feels confident to roleplay them simultanously.

Sword-Geass
2016-06-27, 07:19 PM
I'm supporting noce idea, if he was okay with two dvati would be the way to go, but for three it will probably end being such a mess of a build that it's probably better to go with that. Remeber KISS, and that aplies even more if he isn't the one to build said character.