PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Reaping Ruinous Revenge

Fightmaster
2016-06-26, 01:49 PM
So my high elf eldritch knight died last night after suffering 3 crits in a row against gnolls. I'm planning on playing his reincarnation or having him make a pact with a fiend to survive (be a bladelock). I want to make a gish and I was considering what to try next. I do not want to use either paladin or cleric despite how good both are, as they don't fit my character. This is a solo campaign so I need a lot of survivability. I was considering Fighter 1/Warlock 19 or Fighter 3/Warlock 17. Does anyone have any other suggestions for tough Gish builds?

MrStabby
2016-06-26, 01:59 PM
Tough or survivable?

If you want survivable then Sorcerer/Arcane trickster with SCAG cantrips is superb.

Invisibility, stealth to avoid fights. Expertise to dodge a number of powerful effects. Disengage as a bonus action, or dash to make a speedy getaway. Massive damage output to selected targets. On a reaction you take half damage.

One tip I would offer if you are playing solo is find a source of blink. The ability to leave enemies stranded unable to do things on many of their turn (other than limited ready actions) is quite powerful.

Addaran
2016-06-26, 02:04 PM
What lvl was he? You could easily just keep the same character but start multiclassing as warlock after the fiend ressurected you (in exchange with working for him). Or when you are back to life, all your EK levels are changed for bladelock.

The cutting points between Ek and warlock levels will mostly depend on what you want to do and from wich level to wich you'll play.

Another idea could be some mix of dragon sorcerer(refluffed as fiendish) and bladelock. Same casting stats, you get 13+dex AC without asting an invocation and a few lvl 1 slots for the spells that don't upcast well (would be annoying to use a lvl 5 slots for protection from good/evil for exemple).

Fightmaster
2016-06-26, 02:32 PM
I'm being set back to level 3 as he's new to DMing and wants to get a better feel for things. I should clarify that being tough is a more accurate descriptor, although being able to avoid hits is always ideal