PDA

View Full Version : Critical Success!

FlurryOfPosts
2016-06-27, 10:57 AM
What is the best thing you've ever accomplished with a natural 20? I once fell into the Underworld and grappled a flying Chained Demon with a nat 20. I gently glided to the ground with his own chains wrapped around his neck.

manyslayer
2016-06-27, 11:39 AM
We were seeking a foe and had traced rumors of a cloaked woman seen entertaining an old tower that was supposedly cursed. Fought our way through the tower (entered from above) and on reaching the final room, entered to find not who we were seeking. Instead, a sorceress using a big, gaudy magic ring to control a group blood hulks (strong, high hit point undead). My character (an archer) gets initiative. I had just taken the Ranged Disarm feat. I ask the DM if I can use it on her big, gaudy ring. He says it will be very difficult but not totally impossible. Roll to hit, 20, roll for the opposed disarm, 20. She looks as her ring skitters across the cluttered floor and the blood hulks turn to attack the nearest foe (her). "We close the doors saying, Sorry, wrong person," and barricade her in.

We ran into her later and she was not happy to see us.

Same character rolled a 20 on the opposed disarm on the only other time I used that feat to send a Balor's vorpal blade flying off into a chasm in the abyss.