PDA

View Full Version : Optimization How to Spend my first 5 levels (Ordained Ur Chord Lyricist)

hrak
2016-06-27, 12:16 PM
Hey there Playground! I was hoping I could get some advice about a character I've been workin on for a new campaign I am about to start with a few friends. We all play fairly optimized power gamer builds. However Role playing is the center of our sessions and a character must have story to back up any wild optimization. Thus I bring you my Ordained Ur Chord Lyricist:

The core of the build is fairly standard, Ur-priest and Sublime chord with Lyricist. However the fluff I am using is a bit different. My character has been digging for years for the secrets of the genesis of the universe and the magic that holds it together. Believing that Music is the fabric which holds magic, time and space together he seeks to embody the combination of physical, mystical and sonic into its purest form. This has led him to worship an ancient forgotten god, drawn up by my dm for roleplay purposes.

Therefore with that in mind I am using the Ur-priest variant whereby I worship a "dead" god and likewise I will be using a variant of Ordained champion whereby I will be a champion of this forgotten god. I will then study the mystical musical art of the sublime chord and combine it all together with the Fochlucan Lyrist.

The core of the build is thus 5x/Ur-priest 2/Ordained Champion 3/Sublime chord 2/Fochlucan lyrist 5/ Ultimate Magus 3 (maybe?)

The question is how to use the first 5 levels, A few things to point out, I will be using the O-Hole to get Iron will for Ur-priest as part of a Religious pilgrimage of sorts. I will Be using bardic tutelage to learn Druidic, and I am permitted to use a ring of evasion to get evasion. However if I loose said ring I loose said class features. All approved by the DM.

Some Ideas I have been toying with are:

1 Bard/ 2 Martial Monk/ 1 Cloistered Cleric/ 1 X (battle dancer for Cha to ac? Fighter for a bonus feat?)
1 Bard/ 2 Paladin of Freedom/1 Cloistered Cleric/ 1 X (as above)

Cloistered Cleric is in the build as my characters first steps into discovering his god. He would be using the vairent of worshiping an Ideal rather then a god, Liking selecting War, Knowledge and Magic/Travel. I would still loose the spell casting and turning when I became an ur-priest. And would give up a domain and the ordained champions domain for 2 bonus fighter feats.

I technically could use the Martial Monk uber cheese to grab any fighter fight regardless of preques. Though that might be pushing it too far.

Using 2 Flaws, I will have Anywhere between 10-13 Feats by Level 7 Depending on if I go martial monk or not.
3 from level 6
2 From Flaws
Weapon Focus from War domain
Travel Devotion from Cloistered Cleric
2 Feats from Ordained Champion
Iron will from O-hole
2-3 feats from Fight/Martial monk

I've Been Toying with:
Divine Meta Magic shenanigans
Divine Might, Snow Flake War Dance, TWF, Lightning Maces (with Aptitude weapon), and Slippers of Battle Dancing
Eilservs School. Improved Devotion Magic Domain, TWF

I need to have the feats Iron will, Spell Focus Evil, Weapon Focus and Practiced Spell Caster (to get into Chord using Ur priest spells as arcane)

The thought was since My upper half of the build is going to cover all my spell casting needs why not focus on the martial for the early game? How would you go about the first 5 levels? What am I missing? Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out here!!